Email posts to subscribers

The aim of this plugin is One Time Configuration and Life Time Newsletter to subscribers. This plugin generate a newsletter with the latest available posts in the blog and send to your subscriber. We can easily schedule the newsletter daily, weekly or monthly. 10 default templates available with this plugin, also admin can create the templates using visual editor.

Plugin Live Demo available on Sidebar. Enter valid email to get demo welcome mail. We don’t send any newsletter to your email.

Plugin Features

• Subscription box for widget. And short code option for posts and pages.
  • Double opt-in and single opt-in facility for subscriber
  • Send subscription confirmation mail to user and admin (Optional).
  • Unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
  • Import/Export email address.
  • Support localization or internationalization
  • Provide links to schedule cron jobs.
  • Options to send newsletter manually.
  • Options to set mail scheduler in WP Blog (wp_cron)
  • Options to check newsletter status and when it was viewed.
  • Tinymce visual editor for newsletter theme creation.

Plugin Installation Instruction

Option 1

• Download the plugin email-posts-to-subscribers.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the *.zip file and extract the email-posts-to-subscribers folder.
  • Drop the folder email-posts-to-subscribers into your wp-content/plugins folder.
  • In word press administration panels, click on Plugins from the menu.
  • You should see your plug-in listed under Inactive plug-in tab.

Option 2

• Go to Add New menu under Plugins menu in your WordPress admin.
  • Search Email Posts to Subscribers plugin using search option.
  • Find the plugin and click Install Now link button.

Option 3

• Download the plugin email-posts-to-subscribers.zip from download location.
  • Go to Add New menu under Plugins menu in your WordPress admin.
  • Upload the available email-posts-to-subscribers.zip file and click Install Now

Plugin Modules

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. What are all the steps to do after plugin activation?
Q2. How to setup subscription box widget?
Q3. How to import and export email address to subscriber list?
Q4. How to create/modify the template?
Q5. How to add subscription box in posts?
Q6. How to modify the existing mails (Opt-in mail, Welcome mail, Admin mails) content?
Q7. How to schedule cron job?
Q8. Hosting doesn’t support cron jobs?
Q9. How to filter posts category in the newsletter?
Q10. How to configure number of emails send per day?
Q11. How to send newsletter manually?
Q12. Where to check sent mails?

Plugin Official Page

Download Link

Video Tutorial

36 Responses to“Email posts to subscribers”

1. Andy
    April 8, 2014 at 4:27 pm #

Hi there.

Great plugin! But, I’m trying to change the default colours on your templates, in particular for sub headings within body content. It is a sort of aquatic blue/teal at the moment and I want to change it.

April 9, 2014 at 3:52 am #

At present we don’t have admin option to change the title link color (Only this i hardcoded in PHP). To add color for the title link, Please follow below simple steps.
      1. Open this file : email-posts-to-subscribers\query\newsletter.php
      2. Go to line 66
      $post_title = "<a href='".$post_link."' target='_blank' style=''>".$post_title."</a>";
      3. add your style
      $post_title = "<a href='".$post_link."' target='_blank' style='color:#FF0000'>".$post_title."</a>";
      4. Save the file.

2. Ritu
    April 9, 2014 at 8:24 pm #

First of all big things for providing this versatile plugin for free, i have a subscriber list of 1000, a test mail to single subscriber goes successfully, but when sending to mass, it shows successfully but no mail is received….

I tried sending 200 mails at a time, yet no mails delivered in mass…. my hosting is provided by Bluehost

April 10, 2014 at 3:00 am #

Hi Ritu,

1. How you send mails to 200 emails? cron or manual?
      2. Can you able to see those 200 email id in the Sent Report plugin menu? whenever we send emails, it will display in the Sent Report menu.
      3. Is your server capable to send 200 emails per day?

3. Edgar Dworsky
    April 30, 2014 at 3:46 pm #

I love the concept of your plugin, but it has some things that don’t work just right (or could be improved).

When I go to the “email posts” tab –> subscribers for the first time, I should have the option to be shown a list of my ALREADY EXISTING USERS on my blog and be able to click some or all of them to receive email from me when new posts are made (on a weekly basis). Right now, I either have to manually add them, or import an entire list of current users that is not really exportable to start with easily.

Part of my express terms is that members will receive periodic emails from me listing new posts. I do not use your widgets to opt people in, single or double.

Additionally, when a new member joins, I would have loved to have embedded a prechecked box that says they agree to receive weekly mailings. I could not use your shortcode to accomplish that, and it created a separate form, and that displayed at the top of my registration page.

So, I would love some way that people are automatically “confirmed” and added to the mailing list.

thanks,
    Edgar

May 2, 2014 at 1:27 am #

Hi Edgar,

Thank you for the email.
      Already we have option to display the status of the email. If the status is CONFIRMED you can send email to theme..
      We have double opt-in options. Users click the double optin link from the email only, if they agreed all terms. why we need to have separate checkbox? without double option how can we filter junk/invalid email submission.
      If you have separate form you can easily import emails to this plugin. While your importing the emails to this plugin. you can set all the emails to CONFIRMED status. so that you can schedule the newsletter to theme.
      Now am collecting data’s and plugin experience from folks like you. consolidate all and update the plugin soon.

4. Anthony
    May 13, 2014 at 7:28 pm #

Hello!

Is it possible to send full post content to subscribers?

WBR, Anthony

May 14, 2014 at 1:20 am #

This plugin not support full content. But you can easily increase the excerpt length by updating a single PHP file.

File: newsletter.php
      Line : 7
      $excerpt_length = 50; (Change this value)

5. Okan
    May 14, 2014 at 7:26 am #

Hi!

Great plugin but i don’t want to send mails at same time posted them. I need a delay (nervous finger wait) sometime, because there are some cases which i have to edit post again and again, is it possible with your plugin to do it like this?

May 14, 2014 at 7:29 am #

For this option please use my “Email posts to subscribers” wordpress plugin.

• Okan
        May 14, 2014 at 7:34 am #

I don’t understand, i’ve already use it?

• Okan
        May 14, 2014 at 7:36 am #

Oh god, there are 2 different plugins sorry, I’m going to check it…

6. Stewart
    May 29, 2014 at 9:50 am #

First of all well done and thanyou I can see you have put a lot of work into this plugin and I would really like to use it but my website uses customised posts, do you have plans to make changes to cater for customised posts ?

May 31, 2014 at 3:09 am #

I will update the plugin soon.

7. keerthi
    May 29, 2014 at 9:33 pm #

I am using your template. It’s really cool.
    I am just wondering if I can just put the unsubscribe link along with the text in the middle of my content page. Where can I edit that.

May 31, 2014 at 3:05 am #

You can add only Start or End of the newsletter.
      Files to be modified : classes/sendmail.php

8. Katy
    May 31, 2014 at 2:52 am #

H,

In E-mail post to subsciber plugin,

The image from the post is croped into 150px* 150px in the e-mail content.

For Eg: I chose 2 nd template.
    When my image link is retrieved from the post in the ###POSTIMAGE### it is rescaled and cropped. I want to prevent it from cropping the image. Kindly help me to fix this.

Thanks much aprreciated

May 31, 2014 at 3:03 am #

In default it use get_the_post_thumbnail() wp method to load images. this is a wp method and have size as a optional parameter. if you want to change the size you can alter the method easily.

Plugin file : email-posts-to-subscribers/query/newsletter.php
      Line : 56
      Docs : http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_the_post_thumbnail

9. Yvonne
    June 23, 2014 at 1:52 am #

Hi, I cannot upload my csv file of emails onto the data base. Can you help please? i want to import data. thanks

10. Velmurugan
    June 24, 2014 at 6:01 pm #

i’ve installed your plugin it is fantastic. i’ve a network of blogs in which it could not be used for the networked sub blogs help me to activate correctly

June 26, 2014 at 4:45 am #

Inn default this plugin create table only for the main website. If you want to use this plugin in sub website, you have to create the table manually in your database. Create table script available in the plugin folder (sql). Use that script and create the table with correct table prefix. it should work.

11. H.Masoudi
    June 25, 2014 at 7:33 am #

hi
    i install ‘email posts to subscribers’ and it’s very simple and useful but i have problem
    how can i create a group of subscribers ?

June 26, 2014 at 4:42 am #

No option in this version. i will update the plugin soon.

12. Marek Kanas
    June 27, 2014 at 4:49 pm #

When I put the setting and I translated to Slovak language (UTF-8). Then not working to confirm subscribers on gmail, yahoo etc. Only its own domain and email is working. How to solve it? Thank you

13. Marco
    June 27, 2014 at 10:27 pm #

Congratulations for the excellent work.
    I would ask if it is possible to select a newsletter only posts belonging to a specific category.

Thank you.

14. Chuck
    July 2, 2014 at 8:58 pm #

Please disregard my previous question.

New Question: The subscribe box is only showing properly in the secondary widget are, not the primary widget area. I have it selected for both areas.

July 3, 2014 at 12:07 pm #

In one page you can add only one subscription box.

15. Pavel
    July 8, 2014 at 6:06 pm #

Hello, I am trying to add the date to the newsletter subject, but when i add ###date### it doesnt add the date but just writes the text, i assume those tags are ment to be used in the email template, but is there a way to add the actuall date in the email subject?

16. rawexposed
    July 17, 2014 at 8:51 pm #

awesome plugin but one issue – same as pavel – how do you add the ###POSTTITLE### as the subject?

17. Paul
    July 21, 2014 at 10:58 pm #

Hi. Plugin works great. But, plugin only includes first 50 words of text from the post. As you can see from the homepage of my site, the intro paragraph on all my posts is roughly 65-75 words. 50 words is too short. Any way to have a template that allows me to adjust the email text to include the full first paragraph (but not more — i.e., I don’t want to include 100 words, as that would take me too far into the post). Can you help?

July 22, 2014 at 6:25 am #

File : classes/es-sendmail.php
      Line : $excerpt_length = 50;

Change this value to increase the content length.

18. natalie
    August 27, 2014 at 2:18 pm #

Great plug in, I am totally new to wordpress and learning fast, and this has been a great find. thank you!

It is possible to define and select a group of users to whom updates are sent rather than sending new posts to the full list of subscribers every time?

August 27, 2014 at 2:31 pm #

If you want to send email manually to users, you can try my plugin “Email Subscribers”

19. Alessandro Ronchi
    August 30, 2014 at 12:40 pm #

Is it possible to send email only if new articles are posted, instead of sending always the same posts everyday? I am missing some configuration?

I’ve set a cron job, but every day users are receiving my same post, older than two week.

Thanks in advance, If I can fix this problem this plugins fits my needs perfectly.

August 30, 2014 at 12:48 pm #

For this option you can try my “Email Subscribers” plugin.