Image vertical reel scroll slideshow

Image vertical reel scroll slideshow wordpress plugin will create the vertical scroll slideshow on the website. This will create the slideshow like reel. The images will scroll one by one from bottom to top. Each slide can be optionally hyper linked; also we can configure the order of the images and hyper-linked target option (i.e. open the link into new window or on the same window). We have short code to add this plugin into pages and posts.

See the Image vertical reel scroll slideshow plugin demo below. Click here to watch the video tutorial for plugin installation and configuration.

Do you want to scroll the images in the horizontal style? Use my image horizontal reel scroll slideshow wordpress plugin.

250x167 1 Image vertical reel scroll slideshow
250x167 2 Image vertical reel scroll slideshow
250x167 3 Image vertical reel scroll slideshow
250x167 4 Image vertical reel scroll slideshow
250x167 5 Image vertical reel scroll slideshow
250x167 6 Image vertical reel scroll slideshow

• Easy to customize.
  • Support all browser.
  • Short code available for pages.
  • Short code available for posts.
  • Hyperlink option to each images.
  • Image order option available.
  • Random order image display option.

Security

Only website admin and the user have the administrator privilege can see and change the gallery setting and can add, update, delete the plugin images in the website administration area. watch the video tutorial to add images into gallery.

Admin image management link

WordPress Dashboard → Settings → Image vertical reel scroll slideshow.

• Download the plugin image-vertical-reel-scroll-slideshow.zip from the download location.
  • Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /wp-image-slideshow/ folder.
  • Drop the image-vertical-reel-scroll-slideshow folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new image vertical reel scroll slideshow plug-in listed.

• Search Image vertical reel scroll slideshow plugin using search option.

• Download the plugin image-vertical-reel-scroll-slideshow.zip from download location.
  • Upload the available image-vertical-reel-scroll-slideshow.zip file and click install now.

Drag and Drop the Widget : Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop Image vertical reel scroll slideshow widget into your side bar. its very easy.

Add the gallery in the Posts or Pages : Copy and paste the given short code into pages or posts.

Add directly in the theme : Use this code, <?php if (function_exists (ivrss)) ivrss(); ?> to add the gallery to your Theme files.

Plugin video tutorial

Click here to watch video tutorial and admin screens.

gopiplus video Image vertical reel scroll slideshow

Short code from for the version 1.0 to 5.0

[IVRSS_GALLERY:TYPE=gallery1:DISPLAY=2:HEIGHT=170:RANDOM=YES]

New short code from the version 6.0 onwards

[ivrss-gallery type="GROUP1" display="2" height="170" random="YES" speed="2" waitseconds="2"]

Short code definition

type: Name of the image type.

display: Number of images you want to display at the same time.

height: Height of each image.

random: Image display order.

speed : Set how fast you want to scroll.

waitseconds : How many seconds you want the wait to scroll (Example: 5)

Q1. Can I scroll the images in random order?
Yes, random display option available in the short code and widget gallery setting.

Q2. Can I arrange the news scroll order?
In the image management page we have separate field to arrange the image order.

Q3. Can I hide any images temporary?
Yes, in the image management page update the “Display status” to “NO” for the particular image to stop front end display.

Q4. How many images I can displays at same time?
We have “No of images you want to display at the same time” option available in the gallery setting and short code.

Q5. What is “Enter target option” in the image management form?
The target option attribute specifies where to open the linked document.
_blank Open the linked document in a new window or tab.
_self Open the linked document in the same frame as it was clicked (this is default).
_parent Open the linked document in the parent frameset.
_top Open the linked document in the full body of the window.

112 Responses to“Image vertical reel scroll slideshow”

May 30, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

Short code for pages and posts

[IVRSS_GALLERY:TYPE=gallery1:DISPLAY=2:HEIGHT=170:RANDOM=YES]

• brett
      June 6, 2011 at 6:21 pm #

Any idea when this one is ready? Exactly what i need. Your other vertical ones don’t work well for my need.

June 24, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

Almost completed.

• Paula
      February 3, 2013 at 2:58 pm #

I have the short code for posts but I don’t see instructions anywhere for adding my images in a post. I’m a newbie and need much help. Thanks!

June 28, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

Now this plugin available to download..

June 28, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

In the page do you want to align the vertical scroll to left or right? add the short code within one DIV and use this style “style=”float:left”” to that DIV.

4. Kristi Eakin
    July 20, 2011 at 12:44 am #

This plug-in is AWESOME! The only issue I had is the target option for _blank does not work. Any idea why?

July 20, 2011 at 4:48 am #

will check and update here…

5. Kristi Eakin
    July 20, 2011 at 2:37 pm #

It seemed to be working fine last night, but this morning instead of the vertical images scrolling, it just had the shortcode [IVRSS_GALLERY:TYPE=gallery1:DISPLAY=2:HEIGHT=150:RANDOM=YES]
    so I had to restore the page. Any ideas what might have caused the short code to appear instead of the images?
    Thank you for your help.

6. Kristi Eakin
    July 20, 2011 at 2:38 pm #

One other note – it looked fine in Preview, but the live site showed the shortcode instead of the images.

July 20, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

1. Plugin activate properly?
      2. In the Editor use HTML option to Paste the short code.

7. leo
    July 22, 2011 at 8:42 am #

hello,
    i install your plug in thanks for it.
    but it wont show more then 3 images in the scroll even when im changing it to 5 in the:
    No of images you want to display at the same time :

any idea why ?

July 22, 2011 at 10:09 am #

How many images u have in the database?? this also should more-then 5 to display 5 images….

8. Paul Conway
    July 22, 2011 at 3:18 pm #

Just wanted to say many thanks for this plug in.

All the Best
    Paul

9. mohammad saed
    July 28, 2011 at 2:51 am #

How to set border to every images and change the space between images?

10. Kristin
    July 28, 2011 at 2:20 pm #

The vertical scroll with images works great. My question is, I want my text to go next to the images on my page. I put this code in:

[SHORTCODE]

which brings my text up next to the images, however, it also makes my vertical images narrower. Adjusting the padding to a higher number continues to narrow the images more. How do I get the text to stay next to the images and narrow the text column (margins) to not affect the images?

11. Kristin
    July 28, 2011 at 5:08 pm #

I figured out my text issue, just added a width statement to the above code and it does what I need now. Thanks so much, love it. Kristin

• Bryan
      August 21, 2012 at 10:27 am #

what was the code? I need to do the same thing.

12. Hilra
    August 24, 2011 at 5:52 pm #

I’m using this plugin in a new website I’m developing but the images do not “slide” as in yours. What do you think I am doing wrong? I have a set of 19 images. Is it this number too small? Hope to get some help because I really like it and wish it would work exactly as yours!!! Thanks, H

August 25, 2011 at 1:17 am #

Only two+ images enough to scroll… what z the problem ur getting??

13. Ben
    September 3, 2011 at 7:46 am #

I really like the vertical image scroll plugin and would like to use it on my website.

I have several properties listed on the website. Each project/property page has a large image at the top of the page content underneath along with other images.

What i need to do is have the vertical image scroll plug into the left or right of the main image.

So far i have been unsuccessful and would really like to know how to do it.

How do i wrap the plugin around an image?

Ben

September 4, 2011 at 3:07 am #

if ur using short code, add div with float right option, so the gallery will align right side.. this is what i did in my website…

• Ben
        September 4, 2011 at 9:12 am #

Thanks for the quick response. Sorry to have to ask but could you post an example of how to correctly add the div float right option to the shortcode please?

Im not very experienced in writing css and dont know what to do. On the internet i found this;

But im not sure how to use this with the shortcode. Please help

September 4, 2011 at 1:12 pm #

"< " div style="float:right" ">" Short code here "< " /div ">"

Remove the double quotes…

14. Laura
    September 9, 2011 at 4:02 pm #

Hi, thanks for this plugin.
    I’m using it in my theme with this code:
    and it works.

But I would like to set 200px height of “ivrss_holder1″ div (where images scroll) keeping the images 600px height .

Is that possible?
    Thanks :)

September 10, 2011 at 12:58 am #

Height option available in the short code itself..

15. Alicia St Rose
    September 23, 2011 at 10:56 pm #

Love this plugin. Would like to know how I can speed up the transitions. Is that possible?

• Alicia St Rose
      September 29, 2011 at 5:19 pm #

Figured it out. Found the setTimeout function in the js file. Just have to remember to change that when I upgrade the plugin!
      Unless there is something I can put in the shortcode…

16. Dorothy
    October 1, 2011 at 2:32 am #

Hi, thanks for your plug-ins.. Is there a way to get the image alt text to show up when you mouse over an image? Like it does in your horizontal reel plugin.. thanks!

• Ian
      December 30, 2012 at 12:25 am #

I am having the same “alt text” problem with the “vertical scroller” – the horizontal is fine

has there been any conclusion to this?

17. Alex Mandler
    October 2, 2011 at 4:17 am #

Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your post is just nice and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the gratifying work.

18. Claudia
    October 5, 2011 at 10:39 pm #

Is it possible to display more then one gallery in the same page?

19. pawan
    October 9, 2011 at 8:23 pm #

why i not get any images even after add many images

web site running over windows server

20. traduceri romana ceha in bistrita
    November 22, 2011 at 6:28 pm #

Hy. I just want to say that what you post here is really nice post so I have post http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2011/05/30/wordpress-plugin-image-vertical-reel-scroll-slideshow/ on my Facebook profile so everyone can have the possibility to enjoy. I was glad when I saw this tittle, WordPress plugin Image vertical reel scroll slideshow, on google search, and i was so becouse at long last I found what I was looking for. Thank you

21. Carter Jenderer
    December 1, 2011 at 10:07 am #

They have such a great resource and you can easily get lost in the assortment of offerings.

22. Fina
    December 21, 2011 at 1:02 pm #

How to slow down the rolling speed ? thanks

23. Ron
    January 5, 2012 at 4:54 am #

Hey, This is a great plugin. I’m having trouble with the destination url. Where do I get the url from? Is it my sites page or a gallery I establish? please help.

24. Mark Everett
    January 7, 2012 at 8:44 pm #

I have some jpg prints that I would like to show on my website using these vertical slideshow. Is this possible ? and if so, how do I select my jpg files ?

25. Michael Turner
    January 11, 2012 at 10:44 am #

Hey, very nice website!! I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find a lot of useful information here in the post, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

26. Dave Parks
    January 20, 2012 at 2:02 pm #

I really like this slider.
    How to control the speed please?

27. Giovanni
    February 10, 2012 at 10:22 am #

Great Post Cas!I think I will make lkooing for things that I am accepting as Status Quo my thought experiment for the day.I am not sure I could have lived without at least one scroll wheel. I have two on the computer at work. One on the mouse and one on the keyboard and they make life so much better. Of course I brought in my own keyboard from home to get that but it was well worth it!

28. Kev
    February 16, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

Hi. Great plugin, but it there anyway to center the slideshow in the widget? Thanks

29. Kev
    February 17, 2012 at 4:54 pm #

Fixed it. If anyone else needs to center the image reel in the widget:

In image-vertical-reel-scroll-slideshow.php at line 106

change text-align:left;

to

text-align:center;

easy :)

30. Chris Wheal
    February 22, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

Each of the images can have a link target, but can they also have a title – so that if users hover over an image they get a title telling them about the link?

31. Thorsten
    February 23, 2012 at 12:07 pm #

really enjoying the simplicity in use of this plugin.

I have one question though. I’d need to have multiple instances of the widget vor different sections of the page in order to customize the sidebars. Is there any possibilty to do that?

32. David T
    March 13, 2012 at 1:11 pm #

As Thorsten, I would like to know if it’s possible to have multiple instances of your widget, to use them in different categories section of my website, or if there is a way to duplicate easely your plugin to use them with different images ?

THX

David

33. Val Wall
    March 16, 2012 at 3:22 am #

what size of picture should I add. the image size i upload is too big, how can I show the whole photo? help me

34. Sérgio
    April 4, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

How can I set a specific width and height to the images? I would like to get the images resized automaticly. Is that possible?

35. Gomy
    April 27, 2012 at 9:05 am #

Any option to scroll featured images from custom post types?

36. Bib
    May 2, 2012 at 7:47 pm #

Is there a way to change the font color of the title?

37. Bib
    May 2, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Is there a way to change the font color of the title of the slideshow?

38. Heather
    June 7, 2012 at 6:54 am #

thanks for the great plugin! but why the shortcode doesn’t work! It was working last night but now not working ><

39. Mridul
    June 7, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

how to add a name for the particular image.

40. Mridul
    June 7, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Thanx in Advance

41. Darren
    June 8, 2012 at 9:16 am #

hi,
    great plugin, i used it on another site no problem, but on a new site i am building it will not allow me to add any images to the gallery, i have setup the gallery, added the widget but when i try to add images and fill out the form it simply reloads the form but blank and says “No data available! use below form to create!”

any thoughts? the site is currently running on my localhost under webmatrix whilst i build it, but i do not think that is the problem as i have used your plugin and this setup on the other site with no problems.

anyone else experiencing this? I am using the very latest WP release

Darren

42. Darren
    June 8, 2012 at 11:55 am #

seems the plugin doesnt work with the latest WP, i just did a new install, NO theme, NO plugins other than this one and yet it is not possible to add an image to the gallery :-(

anyone else come across this?

Darren

June 8, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

Plugin tested till wp 3.4 version.. its seems you have not activated the plugin properly.. at the time of activation, it ll create the new table with default value.. if your case no default value, so it means problem in ur activation.

• Darren
        June 10, 2012 at 11:00 am #

hi admin
        thanks for the reply, yeah, i am not sure what is happening, as i have activated, but seems a problem with webmatrix and localhost, as i have just tested on a new site on my hosts production site and it worked, then with an exact copy of the site on localhost run under webmatrix it installs, activates but, doesnt let you create the slides/images – very odd.

darren

• Pete Harrison
      January 27, 2013 at 3:16 pm #

Just installed. There was no table created and I set one up but still it does not add entries to the table.

There are no error messages.

Regards
      Pete

• Pete Harrison
        January 27, 2013 at 5:27 pm #

Sorry, the table is created, but there are no entries and the insert doesn’t seem to add anything.

Pete

• Pete Harrison
          January 27, 2013 at 5:30 pm #

OK, I fixed it. The 2 extra fields you have in the database record do not have their allow null set so the record is not added as you do not provide any values for these firlds.

Regards
          Pete

43. ale
    June 14, 2012 at 12:44 pm #

but to change direction, ie from top to bottom?

44. mamun sultan nur
    June 24, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

really very fine

45. Bala
    June 29, 2012 at 8:13 am #

hi,
    great plugin, I’m using it in my theme with this code in the new page

[IVRSS_GALLERY:TYPE=gallery1:DISPLAY=5:HEIGHT=60:RANDOM=YES]

[IVRSS_GALLERY:TYPE=gallery1:DISPLAY=5:HEIGHT=60:RANDOM=YES]

it’s work only on (sponsors1) in the page.. cnt get it for the second (sponsors2)..
    i need to work it for two side with in a same page itself

Is there any possibilty to do that?

Bala

46. Bala
    June 29, 2012 at 8:16 am #

hi,
    great plugin, I’m using it in my theme with this code in the new page
    hi,
    great plugin, I’m using it in my theme with this code in the new page

(sponsors1)
    [IVRSS_GALLERY:TYPE=gallery1:DISPLAY=5:HEIGHT=60:RANDOM=YES]

(sponsors2)
    [IVRSS_GALLERY:TYPE=gallery1:DISPLAY=5:HEIGHT=60:RANDOM=YES]

it’s work only on (sponsors1) div in the page.. cnt get it for the second (sponsors2) div..
    i need to work it for two side with in a same page itself

Is there any possibilty to do that?

Bala

June 29, 2012 at 8:26 am #

Using 2 slideshow at the same page? i think this will support only one at a page.

47. Bala
    June 29, 2012 at 10:41 am #

Using 2 slideshow at the same page?

Is there any possibilty to do dis?

48. Cheryl
    July 3, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

any reason why the plug in suddenly stops working with the most recent update????

just shows shortcode, no images (although there are images in settings). was working fine until the update :(

49. Anne Marie Doherty
    July 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

Gopi,
    I am using your slide show, thanks for creating. Is there a way to upload more than one image at a time. It takes a long time to enter the four pieces of information for each photo one at a time. You can contact me through website as webmaster as well. Thanks, Anne Marie

50. Alvin Vogelzang
    July 6, 2012 at 12:13 pm #

First of all, great plugin.

I use it as a sponsor slideshow and I’ve got a problem with the images’ width and height. I would like to have all the images in the same width and than keep the original proportions. What’s happening now is that the images overflow eachother. I tried to solve the problem with overflow:visible but this didn’t’work for me. Do you have a solution for this?

51. Kitty Escovar
    August 20, 2012 at 2:13 pm #

Very nice article, this is info I was looking for

52. jeei
    August 27, 2012 at 11:57 am #

newbie here.. i do not know how to change the default images.. please help! thanks!

53. sachin walvekar
    August 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

Thanks…….Great Plugin…………Has all the features I was looking for.

54. enidan
    August 31, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

Is it possible to display more then one gallery ( different pictures!!! ) in the sidebar?

THX A LOT

55. sachin walvekar
    September 25, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

The images do not scroll as in the demo………Is there any setting for this?

November 8, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

No setting required, just activate the plugin and use the short code in the post.

56. peter barns
    September 29, 2012 at 7:00 pm #

I am using Image Vertical Reel Scroll which is a great plugin for WordPress. It worked okay when I first loaded it but has now stopped scrolling. The images still change but do not scroll upwards as they did.

My system is Windows Vista.

Any help appreciated.

October 1, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

Its not depends on OS, some some issue on the theme..

57. Julio Alonso
    October 10, 2012 at 3:14 am #

Fisrt: this is a very good plug-in, thank you very much, and, I have one issue: I have no idea how, but I get some blinks every time that the slide happens. Any ideas?
    Here’s the website where I’m testing it: http://petroquimex.com/wp/

And an extra consult: there is any way to control the slide with a couple of buttons, and, is possible to add a function to stop the slideshow on rollover?

• Brenda
      October 21, 2012 at 9:28 pm #

I am having the same issue where part of my images blink out completely. Can this be fixed?

November 8, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

Hi Brenda, Please share more details.

• Nicole
          December 3, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

I’m having the same problem with Version 6.1. What’s happening is that the images scroll and then flash (blink out completely and then back in very quickly) just before the scroll pauses. This flash doesn’t occur in the demo.

58. wildelycreative
    November 12, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

Have just downloaded this plugin on a client’s request for use on their website.
    Images do not upload – when I enter the details on the Image Management page the details disappear and the image does not appear on the site.
    All that appears is “No data available! Use form below to create!”

Have tried this numerous times and have uninstalled and reinstalled to try again with no luck.

I am using Thesis theme for WordPress and using the shortcode wrapped in php in the multimedia box of the theme so the gallery appears only on one page.

The message that appears on the front end of the site is – No image availabe for the mentioned group! please check the short code.

I usually use NextGen Gallery but client specifically wants to use your plugin. Please advise how to make it work.

Thanks in anticipation.

November 13, 2012 at 2:05 am #

Hi wildelycreative,

I think the table not installed properly in the database, Please check your database and confirm table installed or not.

59. Nicole
    December 4, 2012 at 9:58 am #

Does anyone have any advice as to how I can stop Version 6.1 from flashing? The images scroll and then flash once just before the scroll pauses.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin several times with no change.

I’m using the Ari theme for WordPress.

I’d be very grateful for any help :)

60. faiza
    December 26, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

Plugin is not working after I have updated wordpress to 3.5

61. Ian
    December 30, 2012 at 12:34 am #

neet to get the ALT txt working for the Vertical – the horizontal is fine

62. Chris
    January 14, 2013 at 8:57 pm #

Sorry if this question has been answered before, but is there a way to get the vertical scroll to pause on mouse over?

• hotpot
      February 26, 2013 at 4:26 pm #

yes that is also what we need, is it possbile to implement this just like the horizontal version?

63. Pete Harrison
    February 4, 2013 at 4:12 pm #

I need to center the images as they are not all full width. Is there anyway to format the scrollwe?

Many thanks
    Pete

64. Xavi
    February 21, 2013 at 10:04 pm #

Is there any limitation in the number of images that can be used in one slideshow?

Tahnk you

65. JadesJD
    February 25, 2013 at 2:32 pm #

I have used IVRSS of yours and it works wonderfully.
    Desire 2 additional features – One, to get a brief title for each of the images and the second to stall the scrolling of the images in the reel when one hovers the cursor on the image. Is this possible?

66. hotpot
    February 26, 2013 at 4:28 pm #

What we need is to be able to add a ‘class’ to an inserted image.How can we achieve that?

Also we need a pause when hovering an image…

67. hotpot
    March 4, 2013 at 1:57 pm #

no support at all for this plugin?

68. George
    March 18, 2013 at 8:22 pm #

hello,
    is it possible to have no hyperlink on the images.
    I just want to see the images scrolling.

69. Pradeep
    March 22, 2013 at 6:56 am #

please let me know how do I add more(above 3) “Image horizontal reel scroll slideshow” for a site.

70. Bhupender
    March 22, 2013 at 9:46 am #

I want to make slider continuous rite now it stops after every image i want when rollover then
    can you please tell me how to do thatstop

71. tommy
    March 25, 2013 at 12:18 pm #

any reason why scrolling will not work on home page where shortcode is pasted to a text box. it just shows 3 images, but they don’t scroll?

website is still under development. thanks

72. Ese
    March 28, 2013 at 6:54 am #

Hi, please what parameters are passed to the function

I’m trying to add directly to the theme. Thanks.

73. Pritam
    April 19, 2013 at 2:01 pm #

I placed the shortcode provided by you on POST but its just showing one image with no animation – i group the images but nothing happening.

74. Sandy
    April 20, 2013 at 12:49 pm #

For my site studioinfoart.com/cmk I want to use your plugin twice but not on same page. I want two different vertical sliders on two different pages.

is it possible.

i have created one and now i want to use it again but what i see is that the widget is missing from the widgets page… is it because i have already used it once?

thanks for this gr8 plugin

• Pritam
      April 22, 2013 at 4:02 pm #

Same issue here – and i observed admin is not responding to this issue since many ppl asked the same problem :)

75. shashi
    April 23, 2013 at 5:23 am #

whats the reason that images are not scrolling in chrome and working fine in Firefox..

76. vasanthan
    May 9, 2013 at 10:18 am #

i had done it but the thing is my scrool is not smoothly running it moves top by 5sec interval

77. basheer
    May 23, 2013 at 5:26 am #

i need Image horizontal scroller. please help

78. Deb
    May 25, 2013 at 9:13 pm #

I really really love your plugin!

Last days I noticed that, changing screen size (for example to 90%) make the slide stop at all.
    Is it normal? I mean, maybe the plugin is not responsive or something like that?

Thanks a lot anyway.

79. Mr. Nik™
    May 29, 2013 at 5:58 pm #

Last update seems nice, but it has a problem: it’s not compatible with the old groups created with previous versions

80. Alex
    June 28, 2013 at 12:09 am #

I recently installed the plugin but the images do not display at all, there is horizontal movement, but the images look broken. There are “broken image” images that move horizontally. Please help!

81. anthony
    July 22, 2013 at 12:15 am #

Great plugin but unfortunately it doesn’t work properly under IE8 or Google Chrome. Every time the scrolling begins again after the pause, it tries to reload the images, which, if they are large-ish png’s they take a while to reload.

The only browsers I found where it worked 100% properly were Firefox and Safari.

82. aniket
    July 22, 2013 at 6:53 pm #

the shortcode is not showing the scrolling effect, it only displays 2 still images. what to do?