Translucent image slideshow gallery

Translucent image slideshow gallery WordPress plugin will create a image slideshow on the website and the widget. It’s not a simple image display.  Images are animated in from the left edge, with a translucent effect applied during the process. Each image can be optionally hyper-linked.

• Easy installation.
  • Easy slide show size (width & height) override option.
  • Slideshow automatically pauses on mouse over

See live demo on sidebar and post. Check my other slideshow plugins Image horizontal reel scroll slideshowSuperb slideshow gallery Left right image slideshow gallery.

Drag and drop the widget: Go to widget page under appearance tab, Drag and drop Translucent slideshow widget into your side bar. It’s very easy.

Add directly in the theme: Use this code, <?php if (function_exists (TISG_slideshow)) TISG_slideshow(); ?> to add the widget to your theme files directly.

Short code for pages/posts: Copy and paste the given short code into pages or posts.

We have 5 short code for this plugin. In the admin we have 5 text box to enter image directory each short code is for one image directory. admin should enter the image directory in that text box.

Short code for the version 1.0 to version 5.0

[TISG:CODE=SD1:W=200:H=150]

[TISG:CODE=SD2:W=200:H=150]

[TISG:CODE=SD3:W=200:H=150]

[TISG:CODE=SD4:W=200:H=150]

[TISG:CODE=SD0:W=200:H=150]

Short code from the version 6.0 onwards

[translucent-show code=”SD0″ width=”200″ height=”150″ delay=”3000″ speed=”400″]

[translucent-show code=”SD1″ width=”200″ height=”150″ delay=”3000″ speed=”400″]

[translucent-show code=”SD2″ width=”200″ height=”150″ delay=”3000″ speed=”400″]

[translucent-show code=”SD3″ width=”200″ height=”150″ delay=”3000″ speed=”400″]

[translucent-show code=”SD4″ width=”200″ height=”150″ delay=”3000″ speed=”400″]

Video tutorial

gopiplus video Translucent image slideshow gallery

Live demo

Installation instruction and configuration

• Download the plugin translucent-image-slideshow-gallery.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the translucent-image-slideshow-gallery.zip file
  • Extract the /translucent-image-slideshow-gallery/ folder.
  • Drop the translucent-image-slideshow-gallery folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new translucent image slideshow gallery plug-in listed.
  • To turn the word press plug-in on, click activate.

• Search translucent image slideshow gallery plugin using search option.

• Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word press admin.
  • Upload the available translucent-image-slideshow-gallery.zip file and click install now.

Q1. How to arrange the width & height of the slideshow?

Go to Dashboard → Settings → Translucent slideshow

The above option only for widget, for pages and posts this option available in the short code itself.

Q2. How to change the slide delay time?

Go to Dashboard → Settings → Translucent slideshow. In this page we have option to update the slide delay and speed.

Q3. Where to upload my image?

Go to Dashboard → Settings → Translucent slideshow

In the above link you can find the “Image directory” text box to enter the image folder. your images should available in that folder.

Example (default folder) :

wp-content/plugins/translucent-image-slideshow-gallery/gallery/

Note :
Folder directory path should start with “wp-content” folder (see above example).
Folder directory path should end with slash “/” (see above example)

You have to change this folder location to your original location. (Best practice is don’t upload your original image into this default folder instead you change this default path to original path)

4. How the slide show manages the order?

The file names are returned in the order in which they are stored by the file system.

Other slideshow plugins

37 Responses to“Translucent image slideshow gallery”

1. michael
    August 18, 2010 at 3:13 am #

Awesome plugin!

2. John Buttedahl
    August 30, 2010 at 5:05 am #

Gopi,

Thanks for creating such great plugins. I am using your Vertical Scroll Recent Post plugin.

However, have you ever considered making a plugin that uses your image gallery slideshow (or other image gallery plugin) with the ability to text overlay? In other words, enable us to have images associated with recent posts but the ability to have text overlay?

If you go to my website you will see that I am using the Featured Content Gallery plugin on the home page. I would like to also be able to carry that onto the sidebar.

What are your thoughts, do you think it would be possible to take one of your existing image plugins and add the ability for text overlay to them?

Once again, thanks again for providing us with such a variety of great plugins.

Regards,

John

3. marilyn
    September 10, 2010 at 4:56 am #

Thanks for the plug-in. I am new at blogging and I am having an problem getting to where you upload your images. (wp-content/plugins/translucent-image-slideshow-gallery/gallery/). Sorry for the bother. Thank you

September 10, 2010 at 4:53 pm #

Yes, Your correct, just upload your images into below directory.
    wp-content/plugins/translucent-image-slideshow-gallery/gallery/
    and it ll fetch images automatically from this folder.

5. zekia
    September 21, 2010 at 10:55 am #

hello there,
    i really like your plugin, it’s very easy and simple for website authors to use.
    Is it possible to change the transition effect?? Make images fade for example?
    The existing slide animation is not very smooth and it would be really to nice to able to change it.
    Thanks a lot:)

6. TK
    September 24, 2010 at 7:09 am #

I uploaded my images to the correct folder, but they are not displaying. I did change the size of the images, that they are within the size parameters of the widget area.

Suggestions?

September 24, 2010 at 4:11 pm #

It automatically fetch image from that folder. just remove cache and check again.

7. Craig
    October 8, 2010 at 9:19 pm #

I put a couple of JPGs into the gallery & they display, but there is no translucent fade-in like in the demo. I used the defaults of 10/3000…

8. salma
    November 30, 2010 at 10:46 pm #

I tested it
    but just part of the image is displyed
    Why

9. chris
    December 14, 2010 at 1:46 am #

Hi Gopi
    am just getting into your great plug ins and have just started using Translucent in a header widget.

We dont want title borders above and below the title area (nor a title nor a title area)

1-how do you remove the title borders and title area (is there an option?)

2- if there is no option is there a css file that can be edited?

Thanks for everything here

Rgds
    Chris

10. Steven
    January 17, 2011 at 11:16 pm #

Hi Gopi, Excellent stuff. Just one question. How can I make the slideshow align to center of the sidebar. Tried many different codes within the Translucent editor but can’t seem to find the right area to place an alignment config. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Steven

11. carlos
    May 26, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

Gopi,

Congratulations for excellent plugin! Just one thing: how can I erase the shortcode that appears just below the image?

Thanks a lot.

Carlos

• Mike
      May 27, 2011 at 1:17 am #

Not able to understand what ur asking ???

12. carlos
    May 27, 2011 at 2:11 pm #

When I open the browser to see the test in my pages, the TISGallery work, but with a text ( the shortcode) under the picture.

Thanks again
    Carlos

May 27, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

pls share the screens

• carlos
        May 27, 2011 at 8:07 pm #

I just sent you the screen by email.

tks

13. carlos
    May 29, 2011 at 1:46 am #

Don´t worry, the problem is solved.

tks

14. richard
    June 29, 2011 at 1:10 am #

Hola, aún no se como subir imagenes, se que estan aqui: (Wp-content/plugins/translucent-image-slideshow-gallery/gallery /) pero exactamente que pasos debo seguir para cambiar las imagenes?.. necesito un programa ftp o lo puedo hacer mas simple? gracias

15. Deborah
    July 12, 2011 at 9:08 pm #

Great plugin, very simple but stylish. However, I have just noticed that the images can be saved by site visitors using the right click of the mouse. All my other images on my websie are protected using the Blog Protector plugin, but it does not work with your plugin. It would be great if you could add some security features to prevent this?

16. Mark
    August 1, 2011 at 9:35 pm #

Hi Gopi:

I’m very interested in using your plugin, but I can’t get the images to display at all. The Title shows, but no images. I’m using the directory path of wp-content/plugins/translucent-image-slideshow-gallery/Images/. That’s where I’ve located the images.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

17. Mark
    August 1, 2011 at 10:14 pm #

Opps! Sorry Gopi, the website is a dot net, not dot come. It’s brand new.

mark

18. Wayne
    August 2, 2011 at 8:19 am #

How do you add a hyperlink to each picture? Thank You!

19. Sue
    October 18, 2011 at 2:52 am #

Hello Gopi,
    I would love to be able to see some of the answers to above questions, that might help others so we don’t have to bother you asking the same questions!
    I have two questions –
    I cannot get the translucent effect working. Images are all Jpeg, using WordPress 3.2.1 with your current plug-in.
    It would be great if you could post any special requirements that make this work.
    Also, What do you mean by Short Code? What are those fields for and how do they work?
    Last question – do you have a widget slideshow exactly like this one, but so you can have the name of the image showing up as text underneath the image as it loads?
    Thank you very much – you are very clever :-)

November 12, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

Please try the latest version.

20. Adam
    November 8, 2011 at 10:50 am #

For some reason i get a big black edge to the images and they are never centralised so when you change the size, it sacrifices the size of the images to keep the annouying black border in the top left hand of the image. How do you get rid of this? black or border or Bg or background or anything isnt mentioned anywhere in any of the code. thanks

21. Adam
    November 8, 2011 at 11:46 am #

oops wrong plugin sorry! i meant that one for horizontal reel scroll slideshow!

22. Mary
    November 21, 2011 at 10:41 pm #

I get this message: wp-content/plugins/translucent-image-slideshow-gallery/gallery2/ – Folder Does Not Exist

At the risk of sounding stupid, where would I find this folder if it were to exist? Somewhere on the Dashboard? I took over managing our site and my predecessor didn’t leave very good notes…

November 22, 2011 at 4:29 am #

In the admin we have option to change the folder path.

23. Computer and Software Information
    December 7, 2011 at 11:37 pm #

Thanks for your plugin and its configuration. I will try use Translucent image slideshow gallery for make my blog beautifull

24. brittany
    January 12, 2012 at 4:45 am #

Love your plugins! I really want to use them, and this might sound like a stupid question, but how exactly would I upload images this directory:
    wp-content/plugins/translucent-image-slideshow-gallery/gallery/

I do not use any kind of FTP file manager. How can I get my images in that folder? Thanks!!! I’d appreciate any help!!

November 12, 2012 at 3:52 pm #

If you don’t have FTP, You can use your CPanel to upload your images. It is not necessary to upload your images into this folder, instead you can use any of your existing image folder into this plugin.

25. Mac
    April 2, 2012 at 11:57 pm #

Image path is ABSOLUTELY correct. Will NOT show images.
    Bummed, thought this would be awesome if it worked.

April 3, 2012 at 9:20 am #

if you cant find the issue, pass the link or view source.

26. Rose
    May 21, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

Please let me know how to add links to the images. I want the images to be clickable and when user clicks on the image, it gets directed to their information. Can this be done with this plugin?

November 12, 2012 at 2:10 pm #

Hi Rose,

In this plugin we can’t add separate link for each image. instead we can add one link for all the images. if you want to separate link for each images, plugin find my other plugin which is listed in the sidebar.

27. Mark D
    March 10, 2013 at 2:44 pm #

Can each of the pics in the widget slideshow have a different link?