This horizontal scrolling announcement WordPress plugin lets you scroll the content from one end to another end like reel, it is using jQuery Marquee script for scrolling. This is the simple way to create scrolling text in your website. In the plugin administrator section we have the option to add, update scrolling text.
Feature of this plugin
1. Free plugin.
2. Easy to customize.
3. It supports all major browsers.
4. Configurable scroll speed.
5. Pause the scroll on mouse over.
6. Option to set announcement start date.
7. Option to set expiration date for the announcement.
Plugin live demo available on this page. You may also be interested in fade in fade out wordpress plugin WordPress plugin.
1. Go to WordPress Dashboard. navigate to Plugins and Add New menu.
2. Search Horizontal scrolling announcements plugin using search option
3. Find the plugin and click Install Now button
4. After installation, click on the Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin.
1. Download the plugin horizontal-scrolling-announcements.zip from download location
2. Go to WordPress Dashboard. navigate to Plugins and Add New menu.
3. Click on Upload Plugin link from top.
4. Upload the downloaded ZIP file and click on Install Now button.
5. After installation, click on Activate Plugin link to activate the plugin.
1. Drag and drop the widget
Go to Widgets page under Appearance menu, Drag and drop Horizontal scrolling announcements widget into your side bar. Its very easy.
2. Short code for posts and pages
[hsas-shortcode group="" speed="10" direction="left" gap="50"]
[hsas-shortcode group="" speed="2" direction="down" gap="50"]
Group : Group of your announcement.
Speed : speed in milliseconds of the marquee in milliseconds
Direction : Scroll direction (left, right, up, down)
Gap : Gap in pixels between two cycle.
3. Add directly in the theme using given PHP code
<?php echo do_shortcode( '[hsas-shortcode group="" speed="10" direction="left" gap="50"]' ); ?>
Steps to add the plugin at top of your page under top menu
Get your header.php from your theme folder and paste the above PHP code to desired location and upload back the header.php in to your server.
Steps to add the plugin at footer of your website
Get your footer.php from your theme folder and paste the above PHP code to desired location and upload back the footer.php in to your server.
Admin screen (View announcement)
Admin screen (Add announcement)
Frequently asked questions
Q1. How to change scrolling speed?
There is an option available in the short code to change the scrolling speed. Smallest number is faster.
Q2. How to change scrolling direction?
There is an option available in the short code to set the scroll direction. Add any one from these four options. (left, right, up, down)
Q3. How to set expiration date for the announcement?
Please check the plugin admin page, when you enter the announcement there is a text box option available to enter the start and end date of the announcement. Date should be in YYYY-MM-DD format