Simple contact form

Simple contact form plug-in provides a simple Ajax based contact form for your wordpress website. User entered details are stored into database and at the same time admin will get email notification regarding the new entry. And we have option to stop sending emails to admin. This plug-in generates images (known as “Captcha’s”) which contain security codes used for protecting a form from spam.

Live demo available on sidebar. Usually the contact form means it send contact details to admin via mail (Including famous contact form 7 Plugin). But this plugin stores the entered details into database also it sends the entered details to admin via mail, we have option to stop the mail service.

Admin can send the Mails/Newsletters to those entered emails via my another famous plugin (Email newsletter plugin)

• Download the plugin simple-contact-form.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /simple-contact-form/ folder.
  • Drop the simple-contact-form folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new simple contact form plug-in listed.

• Search simple contact form plugin using search option.

• Download the plugin simple-contact-form.zip from download location.
  • Upload the available simple-contact-form.zip file and click install now.

Error code

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated. If you got this warning message in WAMP in the front end on submit! don’t worry Guarantee that the warning message will not come into your live server.

Drag and Drop the Widget : Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop simple contact form widget into your side bar. its very easy way to use the plugin.

Add directly in the theme : Use this code,  <?php if (function_exists (gCF)) gCF(); ?> to add the gallery to your Theme files.

Where i can find contact us details

This plugin save the user entered details into DB also send email notification (Version 6.0) to admin.

1. Option 1 : Setup email option to receive the mails.
  2. Option 2: Check this dashboard page :
    Administration → Settings → Simple contact form.

Simple contact form configuration details

Administration → Settings → Simple contact form → Setting page

Title: Enter widget title.

Display Option On Homepage: Display Simple contact form on website home page (YES/NO).

Display Option On Posts: Dispaly Simple contact form on posts (YES/NO).

Display Option On Pages: Display Simple contact form on admin created pages (YES/NO).

Display Option On Search: Display Simple contact form on search pages (YES/NO).

Display Option On Archives: Display Simple contact form on archives pages (YES/NO).

Send Email: Admin email notification (YES/NO).

Enter Email Address : Enter admin email address here.

Enter Email Address : Enter email subject.

Q1. How to customize this plugin?

After completed the plugin installation check this link : Administration(Dashboard) → Settings → Simple contact form.

Q2. What is Display Option?

This option is to set the form display in the front page. Example : display form only on home page or display form only on post. Etc…

Q3. Where i can find contact us details?

To see those details go to ’simple contact form’ link under SETTING menu. And now in the version 6.0 we have email option.

Administration → Settings → Simple contact form.

Q4. Is this send any mail to site admin?

Yes; In the new version 6.0 I have included email option. This is optional feature. If Admin wants to receive email for new entry he should set the send email option to “YES”.

Q5. How To change the captcha color scheme?

To change the Captcha color scheme.
1. Take captcha.php file.
2. Go to line 26,27,28 to change the Captcha color scheme.

107 Responses to“Simple contact form”

1. Tauseef Ahmed
    July 26, 2010 at 1:03 pm #

Dear i am happy to see your plug-ins. i use your single plug right now simple contact form in my local systems. but there is a problem invalid security error generate rather i punch the correct code.

Can you help me what is the problem in it.

2. admin
    July 26, 2010 at 4:19 pm #

GD library should be in enabled mode in your server, check the server.

3. jbr
    July 27, 2010 at 2:04 pm #

same error as above and my GD library is enabled.
    Best regards,

4. leo
    July 28, 2010 at 8:03 pm #

how can i remove the security code from the form ?

nice plug in!

5. jkwcape
    August 5, 2010 at 4:07 am #

Thank you for this GREAT little contact form widget. Is there a way for it to send an alert or email admin when a message arrives?

August 6, 2010 at 4:20 pm #

At present we don’t have option, we will do this in the next version, nice idea.

• Rusty
        November 15, 2010 at 3:04 pm #

Thanks for the plugin. PLEASE add the ability to email form submissions to email addresses specified by the admin. If someone uses this plugin when building a website for a client, you should not need to tell the client that they need to sign in to their WP admin every day to see if someone contacted them.

• marv
          September 21, 2011 at 3:32 pm #

how do i change the pictures in the slide show i still have the sample photos in there.

6. waniey
    August 17, 2010 at 1:52 am #

finally i’ve found the simplest contact form that no need mail, no page refresh…thanks to you…i really appreciate your worked…keep it up!

7. allen
    August 28, 2010 at 3:16 pm #

I like the plugin but without any form of notification of new messages it a bit of a hassle. at leas put a notice on the dashboard or something

8. Christeena
    September 1, 2010 at 7:46 pm #

Hey, I was looking for a good contact us and a captcha.

I have it installed but when I went to check it out, the image of the captcha is no there.

September 3, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

check in your server whether GD library setup enabled in your server or not,
    if you got the same problem again, just try with older version of the plugin.

• Nyleve
      January 23, 2013 at 3:26 pm #

Hi, I have been using the really simple form widget on the various WP site and I have to say THANKS IT IS GREAT, even on the newest version of WP 3.5.

I recently encountered an issue were I was transferring the developed site to a new server and the widget broke the captcha. I came here looking for a solution. And found the GD library recommendation. The host for the new server is running linux and had the GD library installed.

So I dug deeper for solutions … one site recommended testing the theme by switching it to see if the theme was broken, no result, we tried different plugins with captcha some worked, some didn’t … but I really liked yours because it was simple. Then I found this post about issues with captchas and Linux server issues … they recommended that we check to see if the “GD Library” & “Free Type Library” ….

BINGO! Our host was not running “Free Text Library” on our server … as soon as that was installed it was running no problems on WP 3.5 … PROBLEM FIXED!

Hope this post helps others now or in the future…

Thanks Admin & Gopi R!

• Nyleve
        January 23, 2013 at 3:52 pm #

EDIT: Then I found this post about issues with captchas and Linux server issues … they recommended that we check to see if the “GD Library” & “Free Type Library” WERE INSTALLED ON THE SERVER ….

Hope this post helps others now or in the future…

-sorry couldn’t edit my previous post …

10. Peter
    September 9, 2010 at 9:38 pm #

Hey.

I not anderstand what i must do:

You writh:

Now 2 way to use.

1. Drag and drop the widget to your sidebar.
    2. copy and paste the given code to the desired location.

—————–
    I not anderstand whee im must paste the code.

2. copy and paste the given code to the desired location.

I hope you can help.

September 10, 2010 at 4:58 pm #

1. Drag and drop the widget to your sidebar.

This is just drag and drop the widget in the admin widget management area.

2. copy and paste the given code to the desired location.

This is just copy and paste the give php code directly into the PHP file.

• Terry
        August 28, 2011 at 3:57 pm #

I’ve downloaded and installed. The security code does not work….I enter it and it comes back with “security code not valid”

How do I fix this?

• Tori
          October 4, 2011 at 8:26 am #

Yes, I get the same problem.

Don’t understand any of the “answers” given previously.

Other contact forms with captcha work but I like this one as it is a widget.

• gail
        July 6, 2012 at 2:28 am #

Yes, but WHAT “given code”????? Where is a code given to paste? HELP

11. Elias
    September 15, 2010 at 10:56 am #

Dear Gopi Da .
    Thanks For good plug-in.
    Widget there it work fine.
    But I want used this plug-in at my contact page.How?
    And which PHP file ?

Please help Me.

Thanks again .

12. pututik
    September 15, 2010 at 8:55 pm #

like elias say, how to integrate in one page using html post page ver? if we used code in template it should create another page template beside the default template.

13. sdcpune
    September 25, 2010 at 4:10 pm #

Hi Gopi, How can one extend this scheme of writing out more forms with different number of fields and submit the user-filled up values in the database. Obviously to accommodate variable number of fields, I would resort to a single string (comma separated). Perhaps compress this string and then just save it in the DB.
    You might have already guessed that I come from desktop computing background.

Rough specs I have in mind;
    – Saving submitted values to DB
    – User not leaving the current page (AJAX-sidebar/slidder or Greybox/Thickbox to load up form page or inlined content)
    – 6 to 8 different forms, so single resulting string (container) –> compress it (save bytes and not human readable) –> Save to DB.
    – Another php app to read from DB and write out a CSV file or hand it over to PHPList etc.

Can you please provide some helpful pointers?

14. Dave
    October 7, 2010 at 11:04 am #

Settings link does not show up on Admin > Plugins page. Only choices are “Deactivate | Edi”t. Any idea why not?

October 7, 2010 at 11:09 am #

can u tel clearly ???

15. jzigbe
    November 5, 2010 at 5:00 pm #

Amazing Contact form. Many Thanks.

16. Ritesh
    November 15, 2010 at 1:44 pm #

I wish to remove the capcha option from the contact form, i only need name, number,email and comments. Do let me know how i can make this….

17. Jen
    November 21, 2010 at 4:56 am #

I loved your ‘send link to friend’ plugin so much, I came here to see what else you had. I’m glad I did! I’ve been looking for a simple contact us plugin that didn’t require some big subscription plan I had no use for. This is just what I wanted. However, like a few of the above comments, I would really love to be able to remove the captcha security question if that’s possible. I have the form as a pop up/down on my sidebar, so I really want to eliminate as many extra steps as I can. Plus, I personally hate having to always enter those, so I’d rather not require it of my visitors! :) Any way to remove it?

Thanks for a great plugin and any help you can give,
    Jen
    Short Children’s Christmas Stories featuring Santa’s Naughty Elf

18. bart
    November 23, 2010 at 3:36 pm #

I’m using the form for http://eigenreijs.nl/wp/contact

It’s working fine in firefox, but it doesn’t showup in IE.

Am i doing something wrong?

Someone can help me out?

19. sam
    December 9, 2010 at 12:02 pm #

Hello we are facing problem while send mail it out putting error security code is invalied

20. Kirill
    December 25, 2010 at 1:02 pm #

Hi Gopi, look on my variant of your plugin: http://wmdn.ru/wordpress/feedback-form-using-ajax-and-protection-from-spam-by-cookies/.
    May be captcha on cookies has moar usability for net-users?
    Anyway big thanks for your job, this plugin gave me good idea. =^_^=

21. Don Holsten
    December 26, 2010 at 3:55 pm #

Good try,

There is absolutely now way, I can retrieve the emails sent to me. I clearly see they are there but without retrieval, this is pretty useless.

But thanks anyway.

Don Holsten

22. Peter Spoerry
    January 1, 2011 at 10:11 am #

Thanks for this cool plug-in. My Problem is: All registred users can chance the general display setting of this Plugin at his admin panel. Only the admin should have this right. What can i do ?

23. Anil
    January 18, 2011 at 9:06 am #

How can call the contact forn under the top menu link, i need call the ofter click menu, than open the contact form , how can possible in wordpress.

Anil

24. kim
    February 6, 2011 at 9:49 am #

I installed the plug in but there is no widget available on my site. any other way to have it show up? thanks.

25. Fritz
    February 7, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

Hi. the simple contact form Captcha wont show up on my site. when I go to settings for this plugin I get “No data available. Go to front end and post one sample data using contact form.” what do I do? I’m kinda a noob and dont understand this error. please help?

• Diego
      March 4, 2011 at 4:34 pm #

Same here :/

• Ray
        April 29, 2011 at 12:01 am #

same issue – No data available. Go to front end and post one sample data using contact form. The correct response elusive.

April 29, 2011 at 1:13 am #

See this is not a error, it means noon submitted the message to u using this contact form.

26. leo
    February 25, 2011 at 9:07 am #

can i add a telephone filed to the form ?

ty

• Robbert
      September 19, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

Yes, could someone tell me how I can add soms extra fields? I opened the plugin folder, added some things, everything goes ok, in my admin a have an extra table row for phone but I can’t let save the value en show it in my admin.

if($wpdb->get_var(“show tables like ‘”. $gCF_table . “‘”) != $gCF_table)
      {
      $wpdb->query(”
      CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `”. $gCF_table . “` (
      `gCF_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
      `gCF_name` varchar(120) NOT NULL,
      `gCF_email` varchar(120) NOT NULL,
      `gCF_phone` varchar(120) NOT NULL,
      `gCF_message` varchar(1024) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL,
      `gCF_ip` varchar(50) NOT NULL,
      `gCF_date` datetime NOT NULL default ‘0000-00-00 00:00:00′,
      PRIMARY KEY (`gCF_id`) )
      “);

$sql = “insert into $gcf_table”
      . ” set `gCF_name`='” . mysql_real_escape_string(trim($gcf_name))
      . “‘, `gCF_email`='” . mysql_real_escape_string(trim($gcf_email))
      . “‘, `gCF_phone`='” . mysql_real_escape_string(trim($gcf_phone))
      . “‘, `gCF_message`='” . mysql_real_escape_string(trim($gcf_message))
      . “‘, `gCF_ip`='” . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']
      . “‘, `gCF_date`=NOW();”;

As you see I added a “phone” row but nothing worked..

27. designer bathroom furniture
    April 2, 2011 at 11:59 am #

The website feels superb!!! Thanks so much for all you’ve placed into it. Just when I consider the group couldn’t get stronger, you detect ways to make it happen!

28. erkan
    April 17, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

very thanks for your this and all works!

29. Zé Carlos Oliveira
    April 20, 2011 at 9:44 am #

Can the message or at least an alert be sent to the admin´s email? It will be very usefull…
    Thanks…

30. lainie
    April 21, 2011 at 7:08 pm #

I have done everything I am suppose to do but when I go to the form on the front end and enter data it keeps saying Invalid security code. What did I do wrong ? :(

April 22, 2011 at 2:46 am #

This is because captcha not rendered properly..

May 13, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

Version 6.0 available with email option.

32. Indra
    May 18, 2011 at 4:29 am #

i cant find a code if i want to put this plugin into a page, could u give the details….tx

May 18, 2011 at 4:42 am #

At present short code not available. it may available in the next version.

• Indra
        May 18, 2011 at 4:44 am #

Do u have a solution if i want to put in a page?

33. Sam
    May 24, 2011 at 10:26 pm #

Great plugin. Nicely done. Is there way to remove captcha from form? Thanks!

34. duncan wood
    June 12, 2011 at 5:28 pm #

Hi there.
    I’m thinking of installing your plug-in – which looks great. I have 2 questions though. First, I would prefer to have it in the main body of the page rather than the sidebar – is this possible? Second, do I have control over the text? I want “enter security code” (instead of “enter below …”). I am not a techy so I would rather not have to modify code – if possible.

35. fil
    June 15, 2011 at 3:06 pm #

hello very good but when your plug-in the status message in Greek characters are not readable (ελλΕνικα τεσÏ) what I can do; you have a solution; thank you

36. david
    July 13, 2011 at 10:09 am #

hi mate.
    great plugin!
    how do I do to deactivate the captcha? right now i took off the captcha div on the simple-contact-form.php but it doesn t send any message at all. here is the site http://www.ccspeechwriters.co.uk/contact/

37. Smartphone
    July 31, 2011 at 8:33 am #

This plugin very helpfull to me. So i doesnt need to create contact form manually. Thanks. Best regard.

38. Liebe SMS
    September 17, 2011 at 6:11 am #

excelente roladese mi resfiba te amosa ribes ersivente. osasses te expes agoeirera nos brirdias o manscres peutores riabuz bien.

39. SCarr
    September 21, 2011 at 2:52 am #

The form is only sending the message (which I turned into a phone number). What code in the plug-in Save page will also email the Name and Email address in the content section?

40. marv alpert
    September 22, 2011 at 11:48 pm #

HELP NEWBIE. I want the form to be ONLY On The Contact page.. now it is on every page. what do i do.
    how do i tell it just to go on ONE PAGE

41. Jacques Lask
    September 30, 2011 at 3:14 pm #

Hi there, this is great post. I absolutely love it. However there are a great amount of off topic comments. I strongly advise you to eliminate or something like that. That’s only my opinion. All the best !!

42. aamir
    October 5, 2011 at 7:55 am #

great plugin, but one big deficiency, there is no support to adding it in a page.
    Gopi plz make this functionality available, so that users can add this form in to pages using short code.

43. Sheldon Hodson
    November 1, 2011 at 2:10 am #

Hello I am so happy I found your blog page. A quick question if you don’t mind. I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your site. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it easy to follow for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Superb work!…

44. suny
    November 9, 2011 at 7:37 pm #

it’s not working….. mails are not going on ma admin e-mail……..

November 10, 2011 at 1:30 am #

Its working check the php info for GD setup..

45. suny
    November 9, 2011 at 7:40 pm #

and…. from where i can enable ma GD library

46. Jayne Packer
    November 22, 2011 at 2:48 pm #

The plug in is great for the sidebar – however, it is saying “invalid security code” after I have put in all the information and pressed submit.

Have no idea what I am doing wrong!

Any help would be appreciated.

47. Tom
    December 1, 2011 at 9:59 pm #

How do I go about setting up another email address to be notified of new enquiries ? Thanks very much.

48. anjrah university
    December 8, 2011 at 5:01 pm #

so simple,, more benefit,, thanks so much,,

49. Faces Reunion
    December 8, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

great plugin. how to use it at the page or post? there is some html code that i can use?

50. Tristan Bergey
    December 28, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

It’s a happy day to be able to read an section that is so clearly researching and written. I doubt very much enjoyed this naming content. Your layout is excellent. I will come back again.

51. affordable websites
    December 30, 2011 at 11:21 am #

hi great plugin,

how can i use a shortcode to paste into my wordpress pages direct?

• gail
      July 6, 2012 at 2:26 am #

No one answered??? Yes, it says to paste “the shortcode” but I don’t see anywhere what the shortcode IS or what to insert in it!!!

• Heath
        November 6, 2012 at 12:23 am #

Here is the solution.

Paste in the code between the lines at the very end of the ‘simple-contact-form.php’ file (located in the ‘simple-contact-form’ plugin folder), just before the ‘?>’
        —–

/* Adding Simple contact form shortcode, Just type [contact] in a page. */
        add_shortcode( ‘contact’, ‘gCF’ );

—–

The end of your ‘simple-contact-form.php’ file should look like the following.

add_action(‘admin_menu’, ‘gCF_add_to_menu’);
        add_action(‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘gCF_add_javascript_files’);
        add_action(“plugins_loaded”, “gCF_widget_init”);
        register_activation_hook(__FILE__, ‘gCF_install’);
        register_deactivation_hook(__FILE__, ‘gCF_deactivation’);
        add_action(‘init’, ‘gCF_widget_init’);

/* Adding Simple contact form shortcode, Just type [contact] in a page. */
        add_shortcode( ‘contact’, ‘gCF’ );

?>

52. shrikant
    January 5, 2012 at 12:22 pm #

really great contribution in wordpress i love ur plugins

53. shrikant
    January 5, 2012 at 12:23 pm #

@gopi:i use your email news letter plugin but when i send emails to my subscribers it not showed the mail in their inbox???? why?

54. Tim
    January 20, 2012 at 6:09 am #

how do I add the contact script to a page easily?

55. Collin
    January 28, 2012 at 7:29 am #

i have a white background and therefore the textboxes for name, email, message, etc. are transparent and the average internet browser doesn’t really know where to enter their information. is there any way to change this?

56. Tony
    January 29, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

I have installed your plugin, and followed all of your steps. However, for some reason when I attempt to edit the page, I don’t see the plugin listed or a means to edit it. What am I doing wrong?

57. Mukesh Jat
    January 31, 2012 at 11:42 am #

Nice plugin Thank you Gopi

58. Sue
    February 20, 2012 at 7:25 am #

I just installed your simple contact form widget on a clients website, except the Captcha security code does not work and cant send form. GD Library is enabled. I have noticed that there is a number a queries with this, but no reply’s? is there a fix or do I just delete plugin and find another.

59. Stephen
    February 23, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

I installed simple contact form and it looks and works great – EXCEPT will not send email to admin. I set to YES in settings and the forms are being recorded in wp-admin, but the email is not sending. Please advise.

March 4, 2012 at 12:38 pm #

please check your server.. do u get mails from your other plugins?

60. test
    March 31, 2012 at 10:33 am #

how to include this plug in in my contact us page?
    as you had done in contact me page

March 31, 2012 at 12:37 pm #

at present this support only widget

61. priya
    March 31, 2012 at 10:59 am #

where should i add this code?

62. Xavier
    April 26, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

Thanks a lot for this plugin. Works nicely ; I did custumized it a bit and it’s perfect for what I needed to do.
    Cheers

63. Prathamesh
    April 30, 2012 at 8:58 am #

The captcha doesn’t change after submitting one form, It has to change so that i can send more then one

64. Mango
    May 13, 2012 at 12:26 pm #

This Plugin would be great if it worked! Tried on various sites, keep getting invalid security code message.

65. Anton
    May 21, 2012 at 1:22 am #

Captcha code returns invalid securty code message. Is ther an eay fix ??

66. Anton
    May 21, 2012 at 1:24 am #

Captcha does not work, returns error code ” invalid secuity code” message. Is the an easy fix?

67. Mariana
    June 6, 2012 at 1:09 pm #

Great pulg in! but I cannot change the labels (Name , email, massage) thnks

68. Sanch Mani
    August 14, 2012 at 10:57 am #

This Contact form was not work properly in my wordpress site, my word press site address is :-
    Please give me a solution for this problem..

69. Paul Simbeck-Hampson
    August 31, 2012 at 7:03 am #

The Submit button does not react, ie. no submission? I installed on another WP site and it worked fine? Confused?

70. ganesh
    September 1, 2012 at 7:04 am #

I am using it on my client’s, everything is fine but I dont get emails to my inbox, option is set as yes. Can you suggest how to debug it?

71. nariet
    September 7, 2012 at 1:00 pm #

great widget! but unfortunate that I can’t change the labels :-(

72. osama
    October 18, 2012 at 12:19 am #

i have simple contact form installed but i can’t edit it or modify it always give me below message :

No data available. Go to front end and post one sample data using contact form.

how can i fix it exactly please ?

also , there is no captcha at all in the form !

Thanks for help

73. kuldeep
    January 21, 2013 at 11:06 am #

Captcha is not working. showing invalid all the times.

have any solutions?

74. vag
    February 25, 2013 at 2:32 pm #

75. swati rahangdale
    April 16, 2013 at 2:13 pm #

I want show this contact form only in one page.what changes should i do ???

76. Rich
    April 19, 2013 at 6:41 am #

Good plugin, very simple and light, but I just have one question. We sometimes receive empty notification emails, do you know why this is? When we test, the details in the form come through correctly in the notification email, and we regularly have genuine notification emails come through.

Do you know why we sometimes receive these empty notification emails?

Cheers,
    Rich

77. dtkansara
    May 8, 2013 at 1:11 pm #

please help how to display sample plug in my program

78. Diane
    May 10, 2013 at 3:38 pm #

Just updated your plugin to the latest version and now my contact form has disappeared completely. I have spent hours trying to make the widget appear on just one page of my site like the previous plugin used to but it won’t.

79. Hosting Reviews
    May 23, 2013 at 1:21 am #

It’s is simply awesome contact form. I’m using it on my all blogs. Thanks for making such a wonderful and simple form.

80. bloggershop
    May 27, 2013 at 7:04 am #

thanks again for all your plugins

81. tullylens
    June 6, 2013 at 3:09 pm #

how do I change the size of the data entry fields in css, I want to make the form smaller on my sidebar tks

82. Jeffrey White
    June 8, 2013 at 9:15 pm #

Hello –

Very nice contact form plugin.

We set this up with an entry in the field “Enter Email Subject” and the email is sending with the form Title in the email subject line.

How can this be fixed?

83. David Bookbinder
    June 9, 2013 at 8:32 pm #

Several people have asked how to remove Captcha, but I don’t see an answer. I’d like to use it without Captcha. Anyone know how to do that?

84. Bramlet Ambercrombie
    June 11, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

I am receiving the javascript error “gcf_submit is not defined” whenever I click ‘submit’ on the plugin.

85. sachin walvekar
    June 16, 2013 at 7:05 am #

Thanks for the plugin, its great.

Just one query – is there a way to add a phone field or custom field to the form ?