Tabber widget plugin for wordpress

This is a jquery based lightweight plugin to create tab in the wordpress widget. Tabs can be really useful, we can save a lot of space just by placing our block of content in tabs and displaying one block at a time in the same place. Using this plugin maximum we can display two tabs. and we can display the linkable text within the tab. in the admin we have separate page to manage the tab text.

tabber widget plugin for wordpress Tabber widget plugin for wordpress

Front end screen shot

Advantage of this plugin

• Lightweight plugin
  • Smooth transitions between two tab
  • Clickable text in the tab
  • Easy configuration

Plugin Live Demo available on the sidebar. i am using this plugin to display my plugin list. Please have a look. also attached the plugin front end screen.

Please click here to download the plugin. and find other plugins in the sidebar.

• Download the plugin tabber-widget-plugin-for-wordpress.zip from download location.
  • Go to Add New menu under Plugins tab in your WordPress admin.
  • Upload the available tabber-widget-plugin-for-wordpress.zip file and click Install Now.

• Unpack the tabber-widget-plugin-for-wordpress.zip file and extract the folder.
  • Drop the tabber-widget-plugin-for-wordpress folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new tabber-widget-plugin-for-wordpress plugin listed.

Drag and drop the widget : Go to widget page under Appearance menu, Drag and drop Tabber widget plugin widget into your side bar. its very easy.

Q1 . Icons not showing on tabber tab? or Do you want to change the tabber icon image?

Open style sheet (Gtabber.css ) from the plugin folder and enter full path for the image style.

Example

#GTabberTabber ul.GTabberTabs li a { background: url(https://www.websitename.com/wp-content/plugins/tabber-widget-plugin-for-wordpress/ico-hot-grey.png) no-repeat 9px 7px;

Alternatively we can use the wordpress dashboard to update this CSS file.

1. Go to Dashboard in your wordpress website
2. Go to Plugins menu
3. Select Editor menu
4. Select the tabber widget plugin from the drop down box (available at top right corner)
5. Select the CSS file from the available plugin files (/inc/Gtabber.css)
6. Change the image path and update the file. Screenshot

Q2. What is tabber text link in the admin text management page?

When someone clicks on the text, where do you want to send them.

Q3. What is Select link target in the admin text management page?

_blank : loads the linked page in a new, unnamed browser window.
_parent : loads the linked page in the parent frameset or window of the frame that contains the link.
_self : loads the linked page in the same frame or window as the link.

Screenshot

Q4. I want to display three tab in the widget?

No, In this plugin we can display maximum two tabs only. in the admin page we have column called tabber group. that is name of the widget tab. we can modify this based on the requirements. After activated the plugin, in default you can see two group (Left, Right).

Q5. What is Group 1, Group 2 in the widget control?

As mentioned, In this plugin we can display maximum two tabs. enter any two group name in this text box. so the text from that two group will be display in the front end.

18 Responses to“Tabber widget plugin for wordpress”

1. Rich Bianco
    November 15, 2012 at 2:23 am #

Hi, Can your tabber widget be placed into the body of an article? I want to have the tab object as part of my article.

Rich

November 20, 2012 at 5:30 am #

HI, At present no short code option. we have only widget option. we will add this option in the future release. thanks

2. Lanna Campbell
    November 20, 2012 at 5:14 pm #

Hello. I am having trouble configuring the link setting. I have a long script link from a xml data link that is quite lengthy. How do I configure it? I get a return value in the search bar with the existing domain name and the link text …

check out the left tab for hotels….also. the text area is not long enough for the link.
    where may I edit the properties for the link to hold a longer amount of characters?

November 21, 2012 at 1:50 am #

Hi Lanna Campbell,

At present the length of the link text box is 250, in the next update we will increase this length.

Please check your database and there you can find the table for the plugin (wp_gtabber). increase the data type length for the column “gtabber_link”. and open the content-management.php file from the plugin directory and increase the maxlength for the text box gtabber_link.

3. mehedi
    November 20, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

is it possible to add Recent Posts and Recent Comments by your tabber widget? if possible then how?

November 21, 2012 at 1:44 am #

Hi Mehedi,

Am creating new plugin for this option. we will publish soon..

• Bree
        June 23, 2013 at 8:38 pm #

Has this new plugin been developed yet? I am also looking for ‘Recent Posts’ and ‘Recent Comments’. Thank you!

April 11, 2014 at 3:13 pm #

Yes deployed plugin name “Tabs widget popular posts and latest posts”

4. Steve
    November 21, 2012 at 2:57 am #

I’m confused. When I hit ‘left/right’, it just jumps to the bottom of my current page and appends ‘#GTabberRight’ to the end of my url. How would I fix this?

5. cube
    January 20, 2013 at 3:25 pm #

can i convert it to bengoli language if yes how?

April 11, 2014 at 3:14 pm #

Language folder available from version 2.1 onwards. Now this plugin supports localization.

6. Judy
    February 28, 2013 at 9:28 pm #

Hi, can I use somehow Latin extended Font? Thanks for your help.

7. Lore
    July 22, 2013 at 7:29 pm #

Hi there,

Thanks for the great plug in.

Question: I am trying to set up the widget. However, when get to the settings page I see the sample links. Do I have to insert every single post manually? Or does that list populate itself?

Lore

April 11, 2014 at 3:12 pm #

If you want to display posts in the tabs, please use my plugin “Tabs widget popular posts and latest posts”.

8. Marty @ Strat Exe
    May 9, 2014 at 12:54 pm #

I am creating a list linked with email contact information. This list changes frequently… and I need to order these alphabetically by last name. When I add a new contact, can I easily move the new listing for the right order? How would I do this without having to change the entire list?

9. Mamun
    July 26, 2014 at 5:51 am #

Thanks Gopi for your great plugin, Can I use these plugin in my own language?

July 28, 2014 at 2:33 am #

Yes, language file already available in the plugin folder.

10. Grammy Z
    October 10, 2014 at 5:13 am #

Hi-I was wondering if I could use the tabber widget to hold my Subscribe to Newsletter Widget and My Blog Update Widget? Thanks!