Left right image slideshow gallery

Left right image slideshow gallery lets showcase images in a horizontal move style. Single image at a time and pull one by one continually. This slideshow will pause on mouse over. The speed of the plugin gallery is customizable. Persistence of last viewed image supported, so when the user reloads the page, the slideshow continues from the last image.

• Free.
  • Easy to customize.
  • Support all browser.
  • Automatically pauses on mouse over.
  • Can use many time in the same page.
  • Can stop the slideshow after some cycle.
  • Short code available for pages and posts.
  • Supports localization.

Live Demo

Installation instruction and configuration

1. Download the plugin left-right-image-slideshow-gallery.zip from download location.
  2. Unpack the *.zip file and extract the / left-right-image-slideshow-gallery/ folder.
  3. Drop the ‘left-right-image-slideshow-gallery’ folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  4. In word press administration panels, click on plug-in from the menu.
  5. You should see your new ‘left right image slideshow gallery’ plug-in listed under Inactive plug-in tab.
  6. To turn the word presses plug-in on, click activate.

1. Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word-press admin.
  2. Search ‘left right image slideshow gallery’ plugin using search option.
  3. Find the plugin and click ‘Install Now’ link.
  4. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.

2. Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word-press admin.
  3. Select upload link (top link menu).
  4. Upload the available left-right-image-slideshow-gallery.zip file and click install now
  5. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.

Live demo

Other related plugins

“Want to scroll the
images up and down”
Click here

Drag and Drop the Widget : Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop ‘left right image slideshow gallery’ widget into your side bar. its very easy.

Add the gallery in the Posts or Pages : Copy and paste the given short code into pages or posts. Short code available in the below comment (Click to see the short code).

Add directly in the theme : Use this code, <?php if (function_exists (Lrisg)) Lrisg(); ?> to add Left right image slideshow gallery plugin to your Theme files.

Plugin short code

Short code form the version 1.0 to 7.0

[LR_IMAGE_GALLERY:TYPE=sample:WIDTH=360:HEIGHT=170:PAUSE=3000:RANDOM=YES]

Short code form the version 9.0 onwards

[lr-slideshow type="Sample" width="250" height="170" pause="3000" random="YES"]

Security

Only website admin and the user have the administrator privilege can see and change the gallery setting and can add, update, delete the plugin images in the website administration area.

Dashboard → Settings → Left right slideshow

Property details

Width, Height : Width and height of gallery in pixels. Preferred dimensions of largest image in the group.

Pause : Pause time of the slideshow in milliseconds.

Cycles : Gallery will automatically start the slideshow and it will stop number of cycle mentioned in this property.

Continue : Continue from last viewed slide supported, so this property is true and when the user reloads the page, the slideshow restarts from the last images.

Slide duration : Slideshow transition duration in milliseconds.

Random : This property is to set the order of the slideshow random or user mentioned order in the image management page.

Type: This field is to to group the image for the gallery.

Image URL: Enter image full URL.

Target link : Enter the hyper link ( Link to redirect on image click, Use # if no link available).

Target option : Open the target link in the the new window or same window.

Display status : To stop the image display temporary.

Display order : To order the image display if Random option is NO.

Q1) How to update the width, height, fade duration, pause of the gallery?

Administration → Settings → Left right slideshow → Gallery setting.

Q2) Where to upload my image?

Administration → Settings → Left right slideshow → Image management.

Q3) How the slide show manages the order?

Ordering option available in “Image management” page, if you want random order use “Random” setting in galley setting page, in short code also random keyword available.

Q4) How to split the images for gallery?

Use this “Enter gallery type” filed to split the images for gallery.

Q5) Where to update the duration of transition?

Administration → Settings → Left right slideshow → Gallery setting.

Q6) Where to update the pause time between images?

Administration → Settings → Left right slideshow → Gallery setting.

Download link

92 Responses to“Left right image slideshow gallery”

April 28, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

Plugin short code for pages and posts :

[LR_IMAGE_GALLERY:TYPE=sample:WIDTH=360:HEIGHT=170:PAUSE=3000:RANDOM=YES]

Short code explanation

LR_IMAGE_GALLERY = This is the default text for short code.
    : = This is used here for delimitation.
    TYPE = Image group.

2. anita
    May 3, 2011 at 2:16 pm #

what if I want to use this plugin for my header slide show (910x200px), I used in my header.php.

Now when I want to use again in my post with different type(images with 400x300px),
    When I change the gallary setting with this type…the header type changes to 400x300px.

How can I use this plugin in 2 places with different type mainly…one in header theme and other in post.

anita

May 3, 2011 at 2:43 pm #

U have option in the short code to change the galley setting

3. test
    May 10, 2011 at 10:01 pm #

Test comment

4. david
    May 15, 2011 at 7:35 pm #

hi, i love this plugin, so simple and clean. Thank you, I just have one question, can you make it so it only cycles once? in other words can you make it stop repeating? I tried changing in settings>left right slideshow>persist to false but I couldnt fit all the letters in? Thanks again.

May 16, 2011 at 4:48 am #

Use “Cycles” field to stop rotating the same images again. (Set Cycles = 1 to display images only one time)

please read Property details section from above post.

5. david
    May 16, 2011 at 3:57 am #

disregard that comment

6. Abhishek
    May 20, 2011 at 1:28 pm #

using this plugin gives stack overflow error in IE, is there a way out to solve this problem

7. KC Lam
    May 22, 2011 at 1:45 pm #

Dear sirs,

My images are stored under NextGEN Gallery, can I use those images? If they can be used, what should I type.

If not, how can I use your plugin?

Many thanks,

May 22, 2011 at 1:57 pm #

There is separate image management page available in the admin.

8. Faze
    May 23, 2011 at 4:46 pm #

I loaded plugin and it seems to be working well, but I am not sure how to get my pictures to show up… I went to gallery management page, but it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me… thanks for any help…

9. Chuck
    June 30, 2011 at 1:41 am #

If the short codes work, then why didn’t you use them on this page?

June 30, 2011 at 1:46 am #

The short code demo available on the post…

June 30, 2011 at 1:48 am #

Enter email address properly if you need reply….

10. manoj
    July 11, 2011 at 11:18 am #

dear sir,

i want to side image left to right is it possible?
    if yes , please help me
    you can send me code on my email

July 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

Check my other slideshow plugins…

11. david
    July 15, 2011 at 3:12 am #

Is it possible to disable clicking on the slideshow? I want the slideshow to slide per all the parameters you’ve created (works great!)– but if I put a “#” in the link, it still opens _blank, _self, etc. Can that be turned off?

12. david
    July 15, 2011 at 3:29 am #

… nevermind. I found and removed the link portion of:

var layerHTML=(imgref[1])? ‘‘ : ” //hyperlink slide?

works fine. Thanks!

13. DR
    July 23, 2011 at 2:56 am #

Hi Gopi. Great plugin thanks!
    I need to have one gallery type as widget and a different set of images using the php code in the template. Nothing in a post or page so I can’t use the shortcode. Can the php code insert be given options like the shortcode?

14. Stitches
    July 24, 2011 at 1:32 am #

That’s not just logic. That’s really seisnble.

15. kjbpaadtji
    July 26, 2011 at 10:39 am #

KI1irA hmqijhhgtqtw

16. J_Design
    July 27, 2011 at 8:20 am #

Hello, I really enjoy using this plug in on my Word Press sites. A weird thing occurred recently, I uploaded my photos as usual, but there is a black stroke only on the left and top of my photos. On all of them, it’s not a stroke setting because it does not border the entire slideshow images. How can I fix this?

Thank you!

17. M_Anderson
    August 3, 2011 at 10:52 am #

I would like to change the background color from grey to white – or transparent. Is there a way I can do that?

18. Arthur
    August 8, 2011 at 1:21 am #

how do I center the slideshow, doesn’t seem to be working for me?

19. yunanto
    August 10, 2011 at 7:26 am #

very nice plugins..tq

20. Bill
    August 20, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

I LOVE this plugin! I would just like each image to display a text of the title of the image–either as they slide or if the visitor mouses over.

Do you have a simple plug in like that or can you suggest one?

Bill

• Gopi
      August 20, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

U try my super slideshow gallery plugin

21. Kevin
    August 30, 2011 at 5:06 am #

Does this work with WP 3.2.1. ?
    I installed the code
    added one image and nothing shows up

August 31, 2011 at 12:59 am #

yes, it will support… Use full image URL.

22. Colter
    September 1, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

Yeah it doesn’t do anything for me either. The images are sitting in the folder created when I upload to my media library … i copy the link from the media library so I can’t get it wrong … no images appear in the slideshow. Why is it that blogger is so dead simple to use and wordpress is so pointlessly complicated? …. you don’t have to answer the second question.

September 2, 2011 at 1:28 pm #

The images are coming from the table “lrisg_plugin” not from folder. can u share the link?? or can u share at-least page view source??? with out this how can i answer your question..

23. Ben
    September 4, 2011 at 11:26 am #

How do I center the slideshow please?

September 4, 2011 at 11:59 am #

increase the slideshow width to match ur width , or create table and put that table to center align..

24. John
    September 4, 2011 at 6:56 pm #

Hi there.
    firstly Gopi, a great product but I am having severe trouble uploading images to use on it.
    Which paths do I use and could you give me an example please?

Kind regards,
    John

25. Alex
    September 13, 2011 at 3:13 am #

Brilliant plugin- thank you! Only problem is that my images are not sliding! All are there, if you refresh page a new one will appear but they are not sliding left to right.

I ahve used correct code within the page: [LR_IMAGE_GALLERY:TYPE=sample:WIDTH=360:HEIGHT=170:PAUSE=3000:RANDOM=YES]

(I’ve changed size to 500 x 300) and renamed to type: 2011..can you help??

September 13, 2011 at 3:33 am #

pls take view source and check.. code rendered properly… also when u past the short code in the editor always u editor text mode(not HTML mode)

• Alex
        September 13, 2011 at 3:45 am #

Thanks so much for the swift reply. I did as you suggested and pasted short code using editor not HTML mode…but no change.

I’ve done a search for LR_IMAGE_GALLERY in source code but it doesn’t appear to be there….any reason why that would be??

• Alex
          September 13, 2011 at 3:46 am #

Just searched again and found the javascript: var Lrisg_SlideShow=new Lrisg_Show({Lrisg_Wrapperid: “2011” etc. and it appears to be calling images fine…why wouldn’t it be sliding….?

Cheers
          Alex

September 13, 2011 at 4:39 am #

pls share the page view source ..

26. Paul M
    September 15, 2011 at 4:10 pm #

This is a site in development, but you can take a look. I had it working flawlessly on the home page, but suddenly after the last set of updates to all my plugins and to WP, I now have nothing . . . :-(

Pls help. I really like your solution. I don’t want to have to find another.

• Paul M
      September 15, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

Figured it out. It won’t work with WP-Obscure. I hope I can work around that, because I may need WP-Obscure.

27. richard boom
    September 18, 2011 at 9:49 am #

Hello, Am loving this plugin.
    However when I add new images (settings>leftrightslideshow> imagemanager) somehow the code is not updated… How is this to be mended?

28. Salvador Castanedo
    September 29, 2011 at 5:11 am #

I love this simple and cool plugin!

The only problem I’m facing is my images are been showing smaller than I upload them. I want 960 x 400 images for my slideshow, but when I set my slideshow gallery for this dimensions my images show smaller. What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

29. richard boom
    September 30, 2011 at 5:36 pm #

How can you add a separate logo for instance in the field ” site title ” ?
    Or somewhere else INSTEAD of in the background image?

30. FilM
    October 16, 2011 at 4:08 pm #

Can I disable the mouse over pause?

31. stones
    November 14, 2011 at 5:31 pm #

Thanks for the helpful plugin. Unfortunalety there’s an error (since today) when I open my webside (under construction):

Deprecated: Function split() is deprecated in /kunden/90120_52078/wp/wp-content/plugins/left-right-image-slideshow-gallery/left-right-image-slideshow-gallery.php on line 239

the same for the line 240 until 245

Thats the lines in my left-right-image-slideshow-gallery.php:

list($Lrisg_type_main, $Lrisg_width_main, $Lrisg_height_main, $Lrisg_pause_main, $Lrisg_random_main) = split(“[:.-]“, $scode);

list($Lrisg_type_cap, $Lrisg_type) = split(‘[=.-]‘, $Lrisg_type_main);
    list($Lrisg_width_cap, $Lrisg_width) = split(‘[=.-]‘, $Lrisg_width_main);
    list($Lrisg_height_cap, $Lrisg_height) = split(‘[=.-]‘, $Lrisg_height_main);
    list($Lrisg_pause_cap, $Lrisg_pause) = split(‘[=.-]‘, $Lrisg_pause_main);
    list($Lrisg_random_cap, $Lrisg_random) = split(‘[=.-]‘, $Lrisg_random_main);

The only changes i made today, was to activate the slideshow in nextgen-gallery, but I didn’t use in on the page with the error.

Any idea?
    Thanks for your trouble
    best regards

32. stones
    November 15, 2011 at 5:08 am #

problem fixed, the reason was the plugin custom login screen, after deactivating the error is gone.

So I have to look for another plugin for personal login screen :-(

33. Nidhi
    November 22, 2011 at 8:58 am #

34. Riti
    November 22, 2011 at 9:58 am #

We have used this plugin in our site

We are gettting z-index problem here…
    can anybody help us?

35. Corey
    December 23, 2011 at 6:44 pm #

How do I change the background color for left-right slideshow?

36. ConnieN
    January 13, 2012 at 3:07 am #

Love this slideshow! One thing: I’d like the slides to move a little faster, and changing the numbers (either pause and/or slideduration) doesn’t seem to work. Any suggestions??

37. Tami
    January 14, 2012 at 4:24 am #

Is there a way to get the slideshow to wrap with text in a page or post? For instance, by adding to the shortcode in some way? Any help would be appreciated!

38. Webdesign Erding
    February 13, 2012 at 1:21 am #

Great article and really love this slideshow. I am instantly going to test it out.

39. sandeep josan
    March 5, 2012 at 7:33 am #

My question is that can we slide more then one image at a time . six images scroll left as compare to one image ?

40. Falconlady
    March 7, 2012 at 8:45 pm #

This plugin disappeared off my website and I don’t know how to get it back. It seemed to have happened when I was uploading my own pictures and deleting the “sample” and “widget” ones. Was I supposed to leave them there? Plus my own photos never did show up.

41. Falconlady
    March 8, 2012 at 2:01 am #

Nevermind…I figured it out.

42. Bones
    March 9, 2012 at 7:05 pm #

I have activated and dragged on dropped into the side bar.

I went to settings and clicked on the gallery option.

Would you kindly help?

March 10, 2012 at 2:00 am #

it looks your image path is wrong, check the same in the IE, you can find the issue.

43. Bones
    March 10, 2012 at 12:20 pm #

Thanks Admin, I realise that I have to create a gallery. Sorry, I’m new at this.

So now I have installed the NextGen gallery successfully and I have added pictures to it successfully. But the slide show is still not working.

How can I get the left-right side show to work using the NextGen Galery? I have tried clicking on the Go -To Gallery setting but there is nothing I can see there that will point to the NextGen Gallery.

You say Type: This field is to to group the image for the gallery. Where do you create this group? and where does it link to the NextGen Gallery?

The Go-To Image management setting is confusing to me as I am new to WordPress.

Would you please explain to me very simply, step by step how to get the slide show working using the NextGen Gallery?

I would really appreciate your help on this Admin.

Thank you.

March 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm #

This plugin is not related to “NextGen Gallery” plugin… please watch any of my video tutorial link for more info.

44. Bones
    March 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

Thanks Admin,

Please send me the video tutorial link.

45. Bones
    March 10, 2012 at 5:11 pm #

Admin, there is no tutorial for the Left right image slideshow gallery.

Please send me the link

46. Bones
    March 10, 2012 at 5:12 pm #

You video tutorial button jumps to Constant contact WordPress plugin. There is no tutorial for Left right image slideshow gallery.

47. Bones
    March 10, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

Can anyone help me please???

Can anyone send me the link for the tutorial for the Left right image slideshow gallery.

48. Dennis
    March 13, 2012 at 10:55 am #

Bones posted on 9th March “Hi,
    I have activated and dragged on dropped into the side bar.I went to settings and clicked on the gallery option. However when I view my site I can only see the Heading of on the side bar but there is no slide show.”

I also have just installed the plugin, followed all the above procedures and also got the same result – widget header only. I resized all images, checked size of slideshow in Settings – all looks OK – but no show.

However, if with the same settings, I use ‘shortcode’ [LR_IMAGE_GALLERY:TYPE=Kombi:WIDTH=360:HEIGHT=170:PAUSE=3000:RANDOM=YES]and placed this code in my post, it works great – WHAT possible error can there be with the widget?

Cheers Dennis
    See: http://www.djg4friends.com/2012/1977-kombi-campervan-for-sale/

49. Dennis
    March 13, 2012 at 11:10 am #

Well as we say here in Australia – “Bugger ME” I just found the answer to the widget ‘Heading only – no slideshow’!!

When in Settings – Gallery; the last settings box is TYPE – Now at installation this has the entry ‘widget’ in it, which corresponds to the installation images which have a TYPE = widget.

So as you create your own images to upload (E.G. I used my media Library reference URL for each image I wished to include in a slideshow) you must create a TYPE (in my case I called it Kombi) SO in order for the widget to work, the TYPE in the Settings/Gallery must be the same (in my case Kombi) – Hey Presto I now have a widget slideshow working!!

Hope this helps users.

Gopi – thanks for this easy to use LR slideshow, unfortunately I think language barriers make instructions hard to follow and without a tutorial for new users it’s often a battle. Such a simple thing as TYPE had me scratching my head & a… for a few hours!!

50. Ian
    March 13, 2012 at 5:39 pm #

Can anyone tell me how so insert the short code into my header ? so I can have the slide show in my header rather then the main page ?

I understand how to edit the header, just don’t know how to do it..

51. Jason
    March 29, 2012 at 1:54 am #

If I’m using installation Method 3 how do I specify different sets images to display if I’m using the slideshow in more than one place in a theme?

• Andreas
      August 5, 2012 at 10:49 am #

I’d like to know this as well. I have the script running perfectly displaying images with type “widget”. But what if I in an other place want to call the images with type “ballroom” – and not from a post?

Please advice.

• Andreas
        August 5, 2012 at 11:43 am #

Solved it by adding a new function in “left-right-image-slideshow-gallery.php” by copying “Lrisg” and just rename it. I changed “$Lrisg_type” into the type of the image group I like to display (like “ballroom”) and in my template calling that function instead.

Maybe not the best way, but works for now.

52. Delbert Yurchiak
    April 13, 2012 at 7:26 pm #

Thanks for the wonderful article, I was researching for details like this, going to check out the other posts.

53. Amanda
    May 6, 2012 at 3:42 am #

I’m having trouble doing any of the presented gallery widgets or plugin’s. I installed Left Right Image Slideshow Gallery and even went so far as to drag and drop it on the right side but I don’t understand how to put the pictures in a slidshow on the homepage… I’ve been at it for about an hour now….SOS:) Thank you!

54. ganesh
    May 24, 2012 at 10:07 am #

[LR_IMAGE_GALLERY:TYPE=sample:WIDTH=360:HEIGHT=170:PAUSE=3000:RANDOM=YES] this short code not working .but that function code is working properly in template…
    can u help me…thanks in advance..

55. ericsson
    June 10, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

but , if i use <?php if (function_exists (Lrisg)) Lrisg(); to display the slideshow,
    how to specified the gourd(type)of the images?….

56. Stuart
    July 3, 2012 at 4:46 am #

I have just updated the software to version 8 and have installed the new code for use on my home page – [lr-slideshow type="sample" width="250" height="170" pause="3000" random="YES"]

All I get is the following in place of the images – Please check the short code.

I changed all the settings to reflect the old version which worked alright.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated

Stuart.

July 3, 2012 at 5:24 am #

What is your old short code? if you don’t have images for the type “sample”, you will get this message.

• Stuart
        July 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm #

The old code was [LR_IMAGE_GALLERY:TYPE=SEO:WIDTH=550:HEIGHT=350:PAUSE=3000:RANDOM=YES]

All I did was insert the new code for the latest version with the details of the above in relation to width, length etc which does not seem t work now I have updated to the current version.

Stuart

July 4, 2012 at 2:17 am #

Pls check your type in the new short code…

• Stuart
            July 4, 2012 at 11:16 pm #

All is the same as per previous versions.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and inserted new code as before.

New code:

[lr-slideshow type="SEO" width="250" height="170" pause="3000" random="YES"]

Still same problem, ‘error in short code’

57. Irina Shulkin
    August 2, 2012 at 11:25 pm #

HI, I just uploading my content so my site is still inactive. I need the slide show for my gallery but I only want wusiwug type not even html…. I am not a programmer but do understand VB sort of things and html..
    Is this plug in for me? thanks

58. Manisha
    November 1, 2012 at 6:24 am #

Hi, I tried to upload images – and set the image URL as the one where I uploaded into my media library. But the images don’t show up. I deleted the sample images, and now the whole gallery doesn’t show up at all on the web page. Am I entering images wrongly?

• Distributor Ban Radial
      April 29, 2013 at 5:52 am #

take a picture through the media file and copy the image url, and also specify a target url you want. suggested “Enter gallery type (This is to group the images): (widget)” and Hoya successfully please go to ( http://distributorbanradial.com )

59. Kwickland
    November 9, 2012 at 10:00 pm #

is there a limit to the size of image that can be uploaded? I would like it to be on my static homepage and span the width of the page (or centered on the page). I’ve increased the sizes on both the settings page as well as the short code and the image isn’t changing. Eventhough I”ve uploaded different sizes of images. Please assist. and thank you it looks great, I just would like the photos to shop a little bit larger. THANK!

K

60. Ervin
    April 24, 2013 at 4:12 pm #

I was trying to go add image to gallery by using “Go to -> Image Management” and got following message” No data available! use below form to create!” .I filled the form and clicked “Insert Messages” button,nothing happened,no image was added. I just kept getting this same message “No data available! use below form to create!”. I have re-installed the plug-in a few times,no luck. Any reason for no being able to add image to gallery?

61. Distributor Ban Radial
    April 29, 2013 at 5:48 am #

I love it and use it now, thank you master

62. about beauty
    May 2, 2013 at 4:04 pm #

where I can find the short code to add to another

63. More than 1 image slide
    May 6, 2013 at 10:26 am #

Hi. I need more than one image to slide. Can anyone please tell me.

64. Raj
    May 9, 2013 at 10:41 am #

Hi. How to show the image title which we are entering in the image management title field.

65. AutoMobileCrunch
    June 16, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Dear Admin, Thanks To You & Your Website I come To Know Such Wonderful Plugins Of WordPress. I having single Problem In Left Right Plugin i.e : We only make 10 group. How can i exceed a numbers of group??????

June 16, 2013 at 4:02 am #

At present we have fixed 10 group. but you can easily update the PHP file (Select box) to add more group. From next version onwards group name automatically add in the select box.