Vertical scroll recent post

Vertical scroll recent post plugin scroll the recent post title in the widget, the post scroll from bottom to top vertically. This is the best and fashionable way to show all the latest post to user. No coding language knowledge required to setup this plugin. Activate the plugin and drag and drop the widget into the sidebar. We have optional option to choose the particular category and order by option to scroll.

• Scroll recent post.
  • Option to set number of post to scroll.
  • Scrolling so it occupies less space.
  • Option to choose category.
  • Option to select order.

Live demo available on sidebar. Want to scroll the recent user comments instead of recent post? Use my vertical scroll recent comments wordpress plugin to scroll the recent comment in the widget.

Drag and drop the widget: Go to widget page under appearance tab, Drag and drop vertical scroll recent post widget into your side bar. It’s very easy.

Add directly in the theme: Use this code, <?php if (function_exists (vsrp)) vsrp (); ?> to add the gallery to your Theme files.

Want to scroll the recent registered users instead of recent post? Use my vertical scroll recent registered user wordpress plugin to scroll the registered users in the widget.

• Download the plugin vertical-scroll-recent-post.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the vertical-scroll-recent-post.zip file
  • Extract the /vertical-scroll-recent-post/ folder.
  • Drop the vertical-scroll-recent-post folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new vertical scroll recent post plug-in listed.

• Search vertical scroll recent post plugin using search option.

• Download the plugin vertical-scroll-recent-post.zip from download location.
  • Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word press admin.
  • Upload the available vertical-scroll-recent-post.zip file and click install now.

Admin setting page

• Each title height in scroll: This is the height the single title, this field is required to smooth scroll.
  • Display number of post at the same time in scroll: This field is to display no of post title at the same time in the front end.
  • Enter max number of post to scroll: This is to fetch number of post title from database to display.
  • Enter Categories: This field is to filter the post category (Category IDs, separated by commas.).
  • Enter Orderbys: This field is to display the post order in front end.  (Example: ID/author/rand/date/category).
  • Enter order: Display order (descending/ascending).

Q1. Where to update the plugin setting?

Dashboard → Settings → Vertical scroll recent post

Q2. How to update number of recent posts to scroll?

In the setting page we have option to update this number.

Q3. How many number of recent posts title will display at same time?

In default it will show 5. In the setting page we have option to update this number.

Q4. Why only few characters display in scroll title?

Download link

Other useful plugins

159 Responses to“Vertical scroll recent post”

1. Travis Morrison
    August 10, 2010 at 9:38 pm #

Hi there. Thanks for these awesome plugins! Curious if I can have the Vertical Recent Posts Scroller show the associated featured image (thumbnail) as well? Or were I can configure it to show excerpts and such. Thanks!

August 10, 2010 at 11:21 pm #

Option available in setting page.

• Mel
        August 25, 2010 at 7:14 pm #

I may have missed this option somewhere to get the thumbnails.

Also having issues with it not showing if there is a slider on the site. The development site is at ubeloved.com/wellv any ideas?

• Mel
          August 26, 2010 at 12:49 am #

For reference to add to my last comment
          I’m using an organic theme that has suckerfish in the nav and jflow for the slider

• Zee
            September 4, 2010 at 2:42 pm #

I also can not see any option to include the thumbnails?

2. TANGO
    August 12, 2010 at 1:58 pm #

Hi Gopi.
    I can’t see the posts scrolling after the Plugin installed. Perhaps somethings wrong in K2 theme?
    thanks for your great works.

August 12, 2010 at 4:11 pm #

I think in your page some more java script plugin or slidshow is there, so it crash each other, if possible send me the link, we will check.

3. TONY
    August 18, 2010 at 10:08 am #

how to change the color of items in your plugin

August 21, 2010 at 7:51 am #

Hi the scroll colors & css is depends on theme.

4. Jose
    August 19, 2010 at 5:49 am #

Great plugin… but I have a question: Is it possible for it scroll from top to down instead of bottom to up?

5. MC
    August 20, 2010 at 5:26 am #

Hi there! Is is possible to ‘slow down’ the scroll rate?

August 21, 2010 at 7:57 am #

At present the option not available, ill try to implement this in the next version.

• Lorne Bourdo
        June 10, 2011 at 3:38 pm #

I have your scroller implemented here on my homepage. It’s great and exactly what I want, however, I’m too am wanting this to slow down. Is this implemented yet? Is there a place to specify this in the .js or .php files?

• Bill Canaday, 2010
      September 19, 2010 at 11:05 pm #

Yeah … that would be VERY useful. Right now it scrolls past fast enough to distract from the page being viewed. If it could be slowed down to 5-10 seconds between changes my reader on a commercial site would see that other information is available, but not overlook the fact that I want them to call the company to schedule a service call.

The link I gave is temporary only … good for about a week while I develop the site.

6. Mel
    August 27, 2010 at 9:50 pm #

Hi is this plugin supported? I’m having an issue with conflicts I need to get resolved or try and find a different plugin.

7. Rico
    August 30, 2010 at 10:09 pm #

Hy! You have the only recent posts plugin, which really displays lastly edited posts. But its hard to customize it, because the Title links are using templates main links css settings, instead of css which is oriented for sidebar widgets.
    I dont have enough kowledge to fix this…
    But yet another question is, ho to add a little image(for example red dot) before title?

8. Rico
    August 30, 2010 at 10:20 pm #

Here you can see what i mean: http://www.artcol.ee/moobel/ I stopped the scrolling also. Second widget from top is your recent posts plugin, which differs from other two linking widgets. May-be you can help me out somehow?

9. Avi
    September 3, 2010 at 9:38 am #

installed vertical-scroll-recent-post on a demo/trial site.
    cool.
    Wondering if there was a way to control the size of the widget, as well as speed, how many characters are displayed etc.

September 4, 2010 at 2:46 pm #

We have option in the setting page, the width of the widget is depend on your sidebar width.

10. Mel
    September 5, 2010 at 5:24 am #

Really disappointed you didnt answer my question or address the issue I was having with this plugin after it took you two weeks to respond. Clearly this plugin is not supported so I’ll have to find another one to use.

September 5, 2010 at 5:29 am #

At present we don’t have option to display post thumbnail, i ll try this in the next version.
      its very hard to include thumbnail in the scroll , bcos all image size should be in the same size then only it ll scroll smoothly.

• Farid
        June 3, 2012 at 6:08 am #

Dear Gopi,

I have some opinion about this great plugins, like:-
        1. Title, Post thumbnails, Date, Author, Content excerpt with read more.
        2. General user can change these value by clicking check-box in option area.
        3. .Make a drop-down box in widget area, by this user can select which category they want to scroll.

Don’t worry about image size while scrolling, i think image size should be same when it scrolling.

If need any volunteer service, please don’t hesitate to knock me.

Regards,
        Farid.

• Mikey
      November 25, 2011 at 10:04 am #

Give the guy a break, he’s giving you free code and you just expect him to bow down and work for you for free whenever YOUR website is having problems.

Show some respect.

11. sgscalese
    September 11, 2010 at 9:24 pm #

Really like the puggin but it disables all links on the site, all pages, all linked images, etc. I had to deactivate it. Please help.

• Bill Canaday, 2010
      September 19, 2010 at 11:09 pm #

REALLY looking for the reply to THIS one. This is a deal-killer for a commercial site! I don’t see how it could kill pre-existing links but if it’s possible, I really need to know.

September 20, 2010 at 12:23 pm #

i think some anchor tags not formed properly in the HTML page, so its affect all the anchor tags.

• jerome218
          November 15, 2010 at 10:43 pm #

As the 2 posts above in my site, the plugin disrupts all the links…

12. vladimir prieto
    September 26, 2010 at 4:22 pm #

i also had to disable it by the same reason

• vladimir prieto
      September 26, 2010 at 4:23 pm #

(i refered to what sgscalese said)

13. nikhil
    September 26, 2010 at 10:00 pm #

just a fantastic work…..continue working :)
    god bless u

14. Vikram
    September 30, 2010 at 11:23 am #

I want to scroll random posts instead of recent.

• Kdari Web Development
      March 11, 2011 at 9:30 pm #

There is an option on the options page under

Enter Orderbys:

to use “rand”. Is it not working?

15. ChuckRock
    October 19, 2010 at 4:08 pm #

It would be nice to be able to exclude posts from recent post.

Other than that I like it.

16. ChuckRock
    October 19, 2010 at 4:12 pm #

Oh and be able to change the width and scroll delay.

• Kdari Web Development
      March 11, 2011 at 9:28 pm #

Oh, and the width is controlled by the sidebar whose width is controlled by the themes CSS file. We could also help with that, but it would be illogical to build something that changes the width of the side into a plugin as it would affect every other widget in the sidebar. You either want to do that with care, or not at all unless you do CSS regularly.

17. Paul G
    November 11, 2010 at 6:16 pm #

Same issue as sgscalese, Bill Canaday, 2010 and vladimir prieto, whenever the widget is put in place all of my internal links stop working. Would love to get this sorted as well as being able to change the speed of the scroll.

Hope to be able to reuse it soon.

18. hi@fred
    November 12, 2010 at 9:36 pm #

Can it scroll horizonatal just as like under MTV navigator bar … showing the recent post in horizontal with thumbnails?
    thx

19. Martin
    December 3, 2010 at 9:32 am #

I used your code in a template for the homepage but once it is activated my home page cannot be displayed as a static page but reverts everything underneath back to the blog page. Is it specific to the template I am using or can I fix it somehow I really like the plugin- I am using WordPress 3.0.2 multi user

20. icarus
    December 13, 2010 at 2:56 pm #

Hi! I installed your ” Vertical scroll recent post !
    However, it has some bugs!!
    When I click the latest posts, my index page posts wrong!
    My web is chinese version. can you fix it and provide your solution?

21. macario
    December 19, 2010 at 2:46 am #

on my site does not work at all your plugin

22. Mahdi
    December 22, 2010 at 7:15 pm #

Hi nice plugin thx,
    i’ve 4 page of posts. using ur plugin causes changing pages don’t show the other posts, it’s always showing last 10 posts (per page).
    it’s a problem plz help me….

23. Brandon
    February 2, 2011 at 7:48 pm #

How can I change the color of the txt that scrolls?
    If you look at my site in the right side bar you can barely see the scrolling txt.

24. Rahul
    February 15, 2011 at 1:19 pm #

Hi at least there should be setting to show excerpts

25. Roy
    February 25, 2011 at 9:00 am #

Hi! Great plugin,
    How can I add support for custom taxonomy?
    thx

26. Louise
    February 28, 2011 at 9:05 pm #

Hi!
    I would like to change the title of the plugin (recent post) but I am not able to find where I can do it. Can you help?

• Eric
      February 20, 2013 at 9:33 pm #

If you go to Settings > Vertical Scroll Recent Post you will see at the top the name of the plugin. you just edit it there.

27. Jessica Brant
    March 1, 2011 at 7:52 pm #

Gopi,

Love your plug in.

Finding One’s Way

28. Bruno
    March 16, 2011 at 8:51 pm #

Cool plugin. It’s only missing one thing, in my opinion: being able to display a little excerpt of the post body, and ideally with an option in the control panel for how many words/characters to display.

If you have input on how to get this done I would love to know.

Bruno.

• Tracy
      September 9, 2011 at 6:36 pm #

Bruno, did you have any success at displaying excerpts?

29. Mahmood
    April 4, 2011 at 9:22 am #

Can I install more than one instance? for example, one in left and one in right sidebar?

Please help.

tHanks.

• Stephen
      May 30, 2011 at 7:15 am #

Any luck with this Mahmood? I’m also trying to add multiple instances of it

30. ahmed
    April 10, 2011 at 11:53 pm #

Added not work well with the Arabic language

31. Darkgraph
    April 15, 2011 at 2:29 pm #

I have the last version, the plugin doesn’t take into account my selection of category ID.
    I fill into the ‘Enter Categories’ field the category ID: recipe (category name= Recipes). But all my posts appear.

April 15, 2011 at 2:34 pm #

Enter category ID not name…

32. jpreddy
    April 29, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

Simple but excellent!!

33. kerem
    May 10, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

thanks for this plugin! very useful:-)
    I was wandering, for some reason the scrolling effect on my site isn’t smooth like it is here on your site
    the scroller is on the right, under the calendar.
    i tried to change the hight of the box, the scrolling speed and the font size but no luck.
    —-
    another question, is it possible to add the expert or description part of the posts to show up too?
    something like your ‘Continuous announcement scroller’ plugin, only with posts.

May 10, 2011 at 1:42 pm #

I saw the given link.. it seems like working fine… if any problem in the scroll u have to change the height of the scroll…

34. Alan
    May 11, 2011 at 10:27 am #

just wondering if this works with WordPress custom posts/listings rather than just standard blog posts?

35. Tayssir
    May 15, 2011 at 2:26 pm #

please can you help me how to add this
    ‘img’)); ?>
    to this plugin beside the Title ?

36. Tayssir
    May 15, 2011 at 2:26 pm #

the_post_thumbnail(array(72,72), array(‘class’ => ‘img’));

May 15, 2011 at 2:28 pm #

Not able to understand what ur asking …

• Farid
        June 2, 2012 at 11:03 am #

Dear Admin,

I also same requirement like Tayssir, just want thumbnails before title.

If you have any solution, please share at here.

Regards,
        Farid.

37. Tayssir
    May 15, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

thanks for your reply, but my question
    i want to show post thumbnail & post title in Vertical scroll recent post

38. yendor
    May 19, 2011 at 2:52 am #

Hi;

Is there any way to widen the title display?

39. yendor
    May 19, 2011 at 2:53 am #

Hi;

Is there any way to widen the title display?

I have my “div.vsrp_div a” set to 350px, but the text cuts out at about 255px. Anything i can do?

May 19, 2011 at 3:00 am #

in default title width is equal to your sidebar width.

40. Nick
    May 19, 2011 at 9:59 pm #

When I activate this plugin it scrolls like it should, but no matter which page I go to, it pulls in the content from the posts rather than the actual page’s content. I would appreciate any help you could give.

41. thomas
    June 1, 2011 at 11:46 am #

Hello, is it possible to show random post instead of recent post ? Can you give me the new code please ?

June 1, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

Random option available..

Admin setting in the “Enter Orderbys” text box enter value “rand”.

42. Chewy
    June 16, 2011 at 4:00 am #

Is there a way that we can made the scrolling texts bolded?

Good looking plugin…thanks.

• Chewy
      June 17, 2011 at 3:57 pm #

Nevermind….I figured it out.

Just edit this plugin php file to have the bold html tag…. around the display title.

$vsrp_post_title

43. Senthil
    June 16, 2011 at 1:51 pm #

After I intalled plugin, the post content of category which is I selected to scroll in plugin is displaying in all pages content area..

44. Senthil
    June 16, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

How to display different category post seperatly like scrolling in separate boxes..?

45. shane
    July 5, 2011 at 12:14 pm #

is there a way i can put the category name in the scrolling part… and i display the latest news for each category. Will really appreciate if you can help.

46. Pietro Montagna
    July 9, 2011 at 2:18 pm #

Hi Boss,
    we are using your plugin on http://www.automotivespace.it
    It works very well and so We thought to thank you with a link to your website.
    You can see it:

Many Thanks

47. ray
    July 11, 2011 at 5:49 pm #

Hi,firist of all,thanks your for your fantastic plugin.
    I have a question:Dose vsrp show the post time along with the title?????

48. Alex
    July 14, 2011 at 5:19 pm #

Q4. Why only few characters display in scroll title?

Why do I not see this option in the settings?

• Biak
      March 15, 2013 at 8:23 pm #

Alex,
      I have the same problem that you have but I just solved it.
      1. Open vertical-scroll-recent-post.php file
      2. go to Line 55
      3. you will see this line: $vsrp_post_title = substr($vsrp_post_title, 0, 130);
      4. change (130) to any characters you want it to display.

Biak

49. hcceast
    July 22, 2011 at 3:03 am #

Is there a way to get this plugin to display Custom Post Type posts instead of regular posts?

50. Sharon
    July 24, 2011 at 11:33 am #

I installed this plugin – but whenever this plugin is sets for the right sidebar – my pages disappear and it shows only my posts on main page. The function that suppose to pull the pages data is “have_posts” – and it seems to be empty. Does this plugin uses it? clear it in someway?
    It doesn’t happen when it sets for the left sidebar.
    What could be the problem?

• Gil
      August 25, 2011 at 7:44 pm #

I found a fix:
      Modify vertical-scroll-recent-post.php:
      replace query_posts with get_posts (line 41 in my version).
      Good luck.

• niconectado
        August 30, 2011 at 10:33 pm #

This fix worked for me also! Thanks Gil,
        i was having problems when browsing the site, the plugin messed with the page contents replacing it with a list of 10 recent posts.
        Great plugin,

i look forward how to add the post date next to the post title.. any suggestions?

51. Maple
    July 27, 2011 at 9:53 am #

It’s a good plugin! – but I want to dispaly “post title – **min ago” in the scroll posts list,how i can do to show it?
    Shoud I insert some codes in “$vsrp_post_title“?

52. elad
    August 9, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

how can i add a post sumery under the post title?
    tank’s!

• Screenshot Dev
      August 31, 2011 at 8:50 pm #

elad – did you figure this out? I am trying to do the same thing

53. Tester1
    October 11, 2011 at 6:14 pm #

Hi is there a way to add the post excerpt under the title in the php file?

54. Faheem
    October 26, 2011 at 5:32 pm #

Can we get a shortcode for this awesome plugin please?

55. Kris
    October 31, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

I’m having a nightmare with adding this to my template as when I add it in it shows all of the posts and removes the content!

Check out my site – http://www.tagdevelopment.org/new/ – all help appreciated!

Kris

56. hezy
    December 8, 2011 at 10:09 pm #

It doesn’t work with CHROME

57. faanigee
    December 12, 2011 at 9:58 am #

is there we can add he thumbnails on this plugin if yes how it is ????????

58. Petres
    December 15, 2011 at 9:53 am #

I have wpml translation running on my site and want to know if there’s a way I can have multiple instances of the widget in my sidebars. As it stands, the widget can only be used once at a time :(

If I can get this to work, I can use the widget logic plugin to specify which widget I want to appear for a specific language.

Please help!

59. Petres
    December 15, 2011 at 5:48 pm #

Is there a way I can have multiple instances of the plugin?

60. Carl Beukes
    December 16, 2011 at 7:20 am #

Hi -
    First of all, thank you for the (potentially) great plug in. I say ‘potentially’ because I also experience the problem of the posts replacing the main content on the page where the plugin is displayed in the sidebar.
    The scrolling and all of the functionality works but unfortunately the posts replacing the main content is a huge problem.
    I tried the ‘fix’ suggested by but that doe not fix it.
    Do you (or anyone) have a solution to this problem by any chance?

61. sdsdsd
    December 23, 2011 at 8:11 am #

lam the nao

December 27, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

Version 8.0

Reset Query issue has been fixed.

63. Cindy
    December 30, 2011 at 3:52 pm #

Upon update of the plugin to the latest version, the plugin has stopped scrolling. Any ideas on how to fix?

64. Ollie Ford
    December 31, 2011 at 10:25 pm #

Awesome plugin!

Would love thumbnails of the first image from each post though, that’d really make it something special.

65. Wim
    January 12, 2012 at 7:30 am #

Please make it possible to also EXCLUDE categories (by using the minus-sign “-”?), so that posts with that category don’t appear on the website page. It’s too much hassle to name all but one category to show…
    I need to exclude the category “Archive” !!
    Great plugin!
    Thank you!

66. Alex
    January 24, 2012 at 10:25 am #

Hello.
    how can I add the post date to this scroller?

67. Gosain
    February 1, 2012 at 1:29 am #

After activating this plugin it disappears from the available list of plugins at left side so that means it is not re-usable at any other place.

Please confirm and also pls let me know how can it be re-used at different places e.g. Page Sidebar and Blog Sidebar, both.

68. Brent
    February 2, 2012 at 2:26 am #

Any way to have the scroll direction reversed?

So that the items scroll down the page instead of up?

Love the plugins! Thanks for sharing them.

69. mattia
    February 8, 2012 at 9:40 am #

How can i add the post content inside the scroll by edit the plugin? (max 100char) or if is possible mail me the instruction

thx for your work

70. Sherwin Dela Pena
    February 19, 2012 at 12:43 pm #

Hi there!

I would like to know if it is possible to make the plug in “pause” on mouse hover in and continue scrolling on hover out?

• Lorne
      March 19, 2012 at 4:19 pm #

I really need this feature as well!

• Denise
      May 16, 2012 at 2:25 am #

Did anyone figure out how to do this??

71. marjus
    February 21, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

Hi.
    1*How can I add the post date to this scroller?

2*How can i add the post content inside the scroll by edit the plugin? (max 100char)??

example this site:

that post any <>

72. Melder
    February 22, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

How do you change the SPEED of the scrolling?
    its moving fairly too fast on certain posts..
    This plugin in nice, but i need to know, how do you configure the speed?!?!!
    Please Help

73. Alex
    February 27, 2012 at 7:35 pm #

Hello!
    Please help me to add publish date to the post scroller!!!

74. marjus
    February 28, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

“Please help me to add publish date to the post scroller!!!”
    that I want, but nobody give a answer…!!!

75. Alex
    March 5, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

Anyone?!!!
    How to add publish date?!

76. marjus
    March 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm #

Alex have you find this to publish date to the post scroller/???
    if yes, make me notific to marjusdyle@gmail.com

thanx

77. Lorne
    March 19, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

Hello there,

We have implemented your Vertical Scroller to our website: http://www.slarc.com.

However when you hover over it to read the title it keeps scrolling. Is there a way to make it pause when mouse is hovered over the scroller?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated or just automatically added in the next update.

Thanks for the great plugin!

Lorne

78. smoki ice
    March 22, 2012 at 8:21 am #

great plugin… like it :D

79. RWD
    March 23, 2012 at 12:55 am #

Is there anyway to add more than one of this plugin on the page – for example – i want a latest news scroll and a latest events scroll on the same page (not sidebar which works perfectly btw thnk u).

80. abshk
    April 2, 2012 at 9:32 pm #

scroll post plugin is really very cool

81. Nico
    April 12, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

>>Q4. Why only few characters display in scroll title?

>>>In default it will show only 50 character. In the setting page we have option to update this number.

I’m not able to see this option in the setting page. Why?

82. Antonio
    April 15, 2012 at 5:48 pm #

Where can I find the setting of question 4? I’m not to see this option!!

83. OLTEA.cz
    April 19, 2012 at 7:03 am #

Do you want to have also thumbnaiil in scroller?

1. Go to scroll-post-excerpt.php
    2. Find row with code: $get_permalink = get_permalink($spe_data->ID);
    3. Add new row and write: $get_img = get_the_post_thumbnail($spe_data->ID);
    4. In the row find code starting with “$spe_x = $spe_x”….
    5. All this code replace with this:

$spe_x = $spe_x . “spe_array[$spe_count] = ‘$spe_post_title$get_img$spe_dp_clean…’; “;

• OLTEA.cz
      April 19, 2012 at 7:05 am #

$spe_x = $spe_x . "spe_array[$spe_count] = '$spe_post_title$get_img$spe_dp_clean...'; ";

• Gopi
      July 28, 2012 at 8:35 am #

Thanks for your message.. if you want to scroll only image, you can my my another plugin..

84. OLTEA.cz
    April 19, 2012 at 7:06 am #

Why I cant write the code? :-(

So, just add before “$spe_dp_clean…” this: “$get_img”

• Farid
      June 2, 2012 at 10:58 am #

Dear,

Would you please write code exactly plugins format?

Please keep variable & others same as plugins.

Regards,
      Farid.

85. Antonio
    April 26, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

Where can I find the setting of question 4? I’m not to see this option for characters title in vertical scroll!!

86. Trilok Rawat
    May 9, 2012 at 8:21 am #

can we put a timestamp in vertical scroll recent post plugin & how can we control the speed of sliding post….

87. kennyC.
    May 14, 2012 at 6:43 am #

is there any update, how to add thumbnail on this plugin?

88. Denise
    May 16, 2012 at 2:23 am #

I have implemented your Vertical Scroller to our website.

Is there a way to make it pause when mouse is hovered over the scroller?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

89. david
    May 24, 2012 at 9:31 am #

great plugin
    thank you.

90. omno
    June 9, 2012 at 4:25 pm #

@mr. gopi and everyone : sorry bad english and newbie.. :D
    is there a way to make height each title based on margin to the text? not each title have same height.. thanks.. :)

June 10, 2012 at 9:15 am #

In the admin we have option to arrange the height. We are scrolling the message continuously so we cant set diff diff height for each post.

91. Ben Racicot
    June 22, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

Anyway to get it to scroll up or down should the user want to?

I was looking for a scrollABLE plugin and this scrollING just looks great, I would love to use it but my users woud want the option to see previous posts by mouse scrolling instead of watching I’m sure. Any ideas?
    Thanks for your hard work!

92. Josh Henry
    June 26, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

plugin is just what i was looking for.

one issue i am finding, the scroll animation is a bit choppy. It moves the top text up about 3 px, then back down before changing. Seems like a JS setting that can be changed.

can you advise?

93. ish
    July 7, 2012 at 8:12 pm #

hey… you know how can i make this amazing plugin to show the text from right to left?(rtl instead of ltr)
    like for hebrew/arabic languages?

November 13, 2012 at 1:28 pm #

Add the below class in your CSS file

.vsrp_div {
      font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
      font-style: italic;
      font-weight: bold;

November 13, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

Add the below class in your CSS file and add your style for this class.

.vsrp_div {
      font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
      font-style: italic;
      font-weight: bold;

94. Dustin Mattison
    August 7, 2012 at 12:55 am #

Hello

I am using your vertical scrolling plugin. See example here: http://logipi.com/blog/dec-03-07-the-complete-course-on-budgeting-planning-forecasting-what-if-analysis-reporting/

How can I evenly space each of the posts so that they look neat when scrolling? Currently, some of the post titles only require 3 rows, while others 5 rows. This results in looking uneven when scrolling. How can I fix this?

Dustin

95. Dustin Mattison
    August 17, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

Hello
    I really need some help figuring out how to get the plugin to work according to the following:

I have a wordpress mult-site. My client will post new events on the blog of the main site builditbackwards.com. I am using a plugin called http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog/ which pulls the posts from the main blog and posts them in the other sites on the network.

Then I use the Vertical Scroll Recent Posts plugin to show these events in the widget area. However, the plugin only pulls in the recent posts one time. If I need to delete or edit an existing post from the main site, it doesn’t update on the other sites.

How can I get this to work so that if I edit a post or delete it, it will update?

Dustin

96. Topher
    September 8, 2012 at 5:03 pm #

Great work on this!
    As a lot of people were asking about adding the featured image, but not really giving full answers/explanations, I thought I would post the full, modified spe_show function from the scroll-post-excerpt.php file.
    This mods include: a linked, left floated featured image that is sized to 38px by 38px.

function spe_show()

if(!is_numeric($dis_num_user))
    {
    $dis_num_user = 5;
    if(!is_numeric($spe_excerpt_length))
    {
    $spe_excerpt_length = 150;

$spe_data = query_posts(‘cat=’.$spe_select_categories.’&orderby=’.$spe_select_orderby.’&order=’.$spe_select_order.’&showposts=’.$num_user);

if ( ! empty($spe_data) )
    {
    $spe_count = 0;
    foreach ( $spe_data as $spe_data )
    {
    $spe_post_title = trim($spe_data->post_title);
    $spe_post_title = mysql_real_escape_string($spe_post_title);

$get_permalink = get_permalink($spe_data->ID);
    $get_img = get_the_post_thumbnail($spe_data->ID, array(38,38) );

$spe_dp_clean = spe_dp_clean($spe_data->post_content, @$spe_excerpt_length);
    $spe_dp_clean = mysql_real_escape_string($spe_dp_clean);

$dis_height = $dis_num_height.”px”;
    $spe_html = $spe_html . “”;
    $spe_html = $spe_html . “$spe_post_title“;
    $spe_html = $spe_html . “$spe_dp_clean…”;
    $spe_html = $spe_html . “”;

$spe_x = $spe_x . “spe_array[$spe_count] = ‘$spe_post_title$get_img $spe_dp_clean…’; “;
    $spe_count++;

$dis_num_height = $dis_num_height + 4;
    if($spe_count >= $dis_num_user)
    {
    $spe_count = $dis_num_user;
    $spe_height = ($dis_num_height * $dis_num_user);
    else
    {
    $spe_count = $spe_count;
    $spe_height = ($spe_count*$dis_num_height);
    $spe_height1 = $dis_num_height.”px”;
    ?>

<div style="text-align:left;vertical-align:middle;text-decoration: none;overflow: hidden; position: relative; margin-left: 1px; height: ;” id=”spe_Holder”>

var spe_array = new Array();
    var spe_obj = ”;
    var spe_scrollPos = ”;
    var spe_numScrolls = ”;
    var spe_heightOfElm = ”; // Height of each element (px)
    var spe_numberOfElm = ”;
    var spe_scrollOn = ‘true’;
    function spe_createscroll()
    {

spe_obj = document.getElementById(‘spe_Holder’);
    spe_obj.style.height = (spe_numberOfElm * spe_heightOfElm) + ‘px’; // Set height of DIV
    spe_content();

spe_createscroll();

<?php
    else
    {
    echo "No data available!”;
    wp_reset_query();

November 13, 2012 at 1:19 pm #

Thanks Topher

97. Lawrence Taur
    September 25, 2012 at 10:36 am #

For those looking for shortcodes for this plugin.

use http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/php-code-for-posts/

create a new snippet with this plugins php code and it will create a shortcode for you.

Works brilliantly for me.

98. salman
    October 18, 2012 at 9:00 pm #

How can i change the font settings…plz guide me

November 13, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

Add this class definition in your CSS file. also you can update this class.

.vsrp_div {
      font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
      font-style: italic;
      font-weight: bold;

99. James
    October 29, 2012 at 9:45 pm #

Hi, this plugin was working great on my site, however after updating wordpress the comments no longer scroll, could you please help me resolve the problem?

I tried re-installing the plugin but it didn’t work.

November 13, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

Hi James,

This plugin scroll only the post title, not comments. Please try the latest plugin (v 10.1).

100. Pete
    November 14, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

Your plugin does not support multiple instances. How can I enable this feature? My website is in two languages and I need to have two instances of the widget.

101. mateusz
    November 18, 2012 at 1:33 am #

Hey !

Is there a way to get not only title of the post, but the subtitles also ? xD

102. sofivsofi
    November 28, 2012 at 11:27 am #

Hello!
    thanks for your plugin!

Same problem as Pete, I need multiple instances.
    Is there something I can do to activate it?

103. Shane
    December 13, 2012 at 5:57 am #

Hello!
    Thanks for your work!

Just wondering whether this widget could be used in only one sidebar?
    After I drag it into a sidebar, it got missing from the widget list, so I can;t add it to another sidebar.

Besides, when I install it by add the code to my template, the scroll window works good but the title is just missing. How should I add it back?

104. mahmud
    December 19, 2012 at 11:34 pm #

How can I implement alternate color style for titles?

105. MsK
    March 13, 2013 at 5:55 am #

i am new to WP…..

i need short code for this plugin…
    can anyone guide me?????

Regards,
    Msk

May 17, 2013 at 2:15 pm #

Please find my another plugin called “Scroll post excerpt ” plugin for short code option.

106. Chambo
    March 18, 2013 at 6:27 am #

hallow, i have installed the plugin and activated, i can see the heading but post are not scrolling, i saw the someone TANGO had the same problem…
    Yes my theme has image scroll at the header, a hard coded one, not plugin, is that the problem…?
    it is in localhost, how can I solve the issue…?!

107. Jim Spadoni
    March 19, 2013 at 8:04 pm #

Working with this great plugin. Please tell me how to add “post date” to the end of the permalink as it scrolls up.

thank you for the plugin and any help you may be able to provide.
    best,
    Jim

May 17, 2013 at 2:05 pm #

You can append the post date in the file vertical-scroll-recent-post.php and line number 64.

108. Matt Walker-Wilson
    April 21, 2013 at 12:55 pm #

Can it be modified to show the whole text of the post in the scroller, and not just the post title?
    Nice plug-in by the way.

May 17, 2013 at 1:57 pm #

Hi Matt,

Please find my another plugin called “Scroll post excerpt ” plugin.

109. kishan
    April 22, 2013 at 7:37 am #

If i want to display the subcategories with this Plugin…..

110. taty
    April 23, 2013 at 12:45 pm #

Where i put the data? here said (No data available!)

May 15, 2013 at 2:01 pm #

Hi taty,

It means, no post available in the given category. please check your Category ID in the setting page.

111. Srglfrt
    May 22, 2013 at 9:28 am #

How can I adjust the layout of the plugin? I currently only see plain text and no border or other decoration. I also don’t see a CSS file and there is also no cusomization option in the settings menu. How to solve this?

Thanks in advance