Popup contact form

This popup contact form allows user to create and add the popup contact forms easily on the WordPress website and it is good to see the contact form on popup. This popup contact form plug-in has many advantages. We can add the image button link or text link in all the pages that popup the contact form. That popup contact form let user to send the emails to site admin. administration page available to manage the site admin email address. and this plug-in use the Ajax to submit the contact form details.

Plugin advantage

1. Easy to configuration.
  2. Ajax submission.
  3. Unblockable.
  4. Movable popup.

Live Demo

(Click the button to see Live Demo)

popup contact form Popup contact form

1. Download the plugin popup-contact-form.zip from download location.
  2. Unpack the popup-contact-form.zip file and extract the /popup-contact-form/ folder.
  3. Drop the popup-contact-form folder into your wp-content/plugins folder.
  4. In word press administration panels, click on plug-in from the menu.
  5. You should see your new popup contact form plug-in listed.
  6. To turn the word presses plug-in on, click activate.

1. Go to Add New menu under Plugins tab in your WordPress admin.
  2. Search popup contact form plugin using search option.
  3. Find the plugin and click Install Now link.
  4. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.

1. Download the plugin popup-contact-form.zip from download location.
  2. Go to Add New menu under Plugins tab in your WordPress admin.
  3. Select upload link (top link menu).
  4. Upload the available popup-contact-form.zip file and click Install Now.
  5. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.

Plugin administration

After activated the plugin, go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the below mentioned menu. there we have option to configuration the plugin. In that page first enter your email address to receive the mails. otherwise the plugin
wont send any emails to you.

Dashboard → Settings → Popup contact form

If the popup window is hidden or open under the menu , just increase the z-index value in the CSS file.

Drag and drop the widget

Go to widget menu and drag and drop the popup contact form widget to your sidebar location.

Paste the php code to your desired template location

Copy and past the below mentioned code to your desired template location(ie in PHP file).

<?php PopupContact(); ?>

Short code for pages and posts

Short code option available from version 2.0. add the below short code on the posts and pages. If any problem on th form style, please update the popup-contact-form.css CSS file.
[popup-contact-form id="1" title="Contact Us"]

Q) How to change/update the form style?

Edit the CSS file popup-contact-form.css

Q) How to change/update the form client validation?

Edit the JS file popup-contact-popup.js

If you got any error or mail issue, just comment the below mentioned two lines in the JS file popup-contact-popup.js and try again. so it will display the exact error on the popup.

//alert(http_req.readyState);
//alert(http_req.responseText);

Q) How to change the contact us button image?

In the administration page we have text box option “Link Button/Text:” to update this value.

110 Responses to“Popup contact form”

1. medo
    May 21, 2012 at 10:12 am #

hello,

thank you for this plugin its so good

i installed on my website , but i have question ?

what is code added on post Or code

please check it #####

May 21, 2012 at 1:15 pm #

At present only widget option… working on page short code.. ll update the plugin soon..

June 9, 2012 at 2:10 am #

[popup-contact-form id="1" title="Contact Us"]

Short code option available now

• JonnyF
      March 21, 2013 at 6:54 pm #

This works beautifully, but the pop-up form is too big on phone screen. Is there a way to make it responsive?

2. medo
    May 21, 2012 at 4:07 pm #

ok thank you os much

l wait that

3. Lollo
    May 22, 2012 at 2:51 pm #

I really dont understand where to paste the code..? :-(

Can you please explain again.. ? I want this button on my sidebar1.. I can find it among the widgets, but it just disapper when I try to add it to the sidbar1.

May 22, 2012 at 2:57 pm #

No need to paste any code… select the correct widget into correct sidebar..

In the admin make all display option to “YES”. check the “Link Button/Text:” this text box value.. if any issue just remove all the vale and type the word “contact us” and save..

Now check the front end, now u can see the word “contact us”.. click the contact us and it ll open the popup window

4. NEHA
    May 23, 2012 at 4:42 pm #

I have succesfully added the widget in my sidebar and it is displaying also …i tried one demo, i sent one mail through that contact page but when i checked the email , there was no mail …so how to activae that , because on front end it was showing sent when i tried sending mail though mail

May 23, 2012 at 11:34 pm #

Did u added admin email address in the admin?
      Did u tested spam folder?
      Diu tested all major email provider (gmail, yahoo)?
      Are u getting mails from your server from other apps?

5. Naved
    May 30, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

Admin,

Even i am not receiving email for my admin email address

May 30, 2012 at 2:24 pm #

Did u tested spam folder?
      Diu tested all major email provider (gmail, yahoo)?
      Are u getting mails from your server from other apps?

6. Manojr Tiwari
    May 31, 2012 at 6:58 pm #

Hi, I’m tying to change its size in css file but it does’t take effect.
    At editor, it showing me inactive for css file!!!
    “Editing popup-contact-form/popup-contact-form.css (inactive)”

7. HTadmin
    June 1, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

I have installed and placed plugin in the LEFT SIDEBAR area. when activated the screen is greyed out but no form shows. I have increased AND decreased the z-index but nothing worked
    I used 1, 10, 100, 300, 1000 and 2000 along with the default 999
    I love this form and would love to use it

Any help?

8. truckracing
    June 4, 2012 at 3:14 am #

Is there a way to change this so it opens from my menu bar “contact us” as opposed to call to action button?

June 8, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

Check your admin option and update the title.

June 9, 2012 at 2:12 am #

Hi all,

plugin version 2.0 release with short code option, please have a look and post your comments. in-case if you have any issue on the form style, please update the CSS file to match your theme CSS.

10. philip
    June 9, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

I’ve tried changing the z-index but no chance. The popup appears under the page far below.
    What would be the value I should put?
    Could it be something else?

11. Allen Gordon
    June 10, 2012 at 5:13 am #

I have a banner that I would like the contact form to popup from. This is a javascript banner is there anyway this can be accomplished. I tried using the change image/button/text in the admin area but it doesn’t work. Thank for any help.

12. Ge Vieira
    June 12, 2012 at 10:20 pm #

Hi i have a page out side wordpress that i use

in the header i have but

the out side page loads just fine but it will not load

Can you help me with it please.

13. Adam
    June 13, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

I’ve followed what has been said but for some reason i can not get the contact form to pop up.

Its the price enquiry button top right in blue.

Could anyone shed some light.

14. Mark
    June 19, 2012 at 10:34 am #

Please help! my wordpress is 3.14v
    Thanks alot!

15. Kevin
    June 24, 2012 at 1:24 pm #

Hi, Is there any way to add another drop down field?

16. Chetan Solnaki
    June 25, 2012 at 7:38 am #

Hi, I installed this form, everything looks perfect, except that I dont receive any mails? I set up my mail in popup form settings, but when I went to test form, I figure out that I dont get any mails from form. As i read all the comments i have to mention my email id(on which i will get my mails) in admin but didnt understand what it means if your talking about wordpress admin then already i have added an email id in it and if your are talking about popup forms admin so i didnt find it, so please help me…. thanks in advance

17. andre
    June 26, 2012 at 11:40 pm #

Im trying to change the position of the popup once the button is clicked but I am having trouble doing it because when i set the desired position the automatic position keeps overriding the changes i’ve made, how can i fix this?

• andre
      June 26, 2012 at 11:42 pm #

any by the way i used the php code.

June 27, 2012 at 1:33 am #

You can find the popup position in the JS files..

• andre
        June 27, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

is this the portion i would change?

from:

formdiv.style.top = pt.y + “px”;
        formdiv.style.left = pt.x + “px”;

to:

formdiv.style.top = pt.y + “350px”;
        formdiv.style.left = pt.x + “25px”;

18. Vitaly
    July 3, 2012 at 5:58 am #

Cool plugin! I’ve customized it a little for my site but when using it there are strange letters come in to my email:

From: Вит
    To: 3d-jewel@mail.ru

Привет!

(I’ve send this letter to myself in russian)

I’ve canged the encoding of all pages of the plugin to utf8 but there is no result(((

Can you halp me?

19. David
    July 6, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

on this site it says to change the z-index to move the pop up box if its under a menu?

I changed the z-index
    with the default 999 to 1/500/750

it only seems to change the fade

My problem is the pop up menu is at the bottom of the page and (half of the page) I wish it to show in the center

Any help please

Thanks in advance :)

20. Sue
    July 10, 2012 at 3:13 am #

I could not get any email from the from after inserted. Please anybody share idea?
    I have tired as below:

1. add_option(‘PopupContact_fromemail’, “admin@abc.com”);
    add_option(‘PopupContact_On_MyEmail’, “ei_nwe@yahoo.com”);

2.I tired to check spam and wait for a while, it doesnt come anything

I am using localhost server for testing.

Please advice. Thanks.

21. Sue
    July 10, 2012 at 3:22 am #

I have not got any email from from. Please advice where to edit? I am using localhost.

22. niku
    August 12, 2012 at 9:24 am #

captcha kaise use kar saktain hain?

• George Ross
      August 23, 2012 at 2:07 am #

This is a cool plug in ,is there any way it could be used on the same page with different E-mail Addresses?
      Thanks for you time

• Eaymond
        February 22, 2013 at 11:27 am #

[quote]

Thanks for you time[/quote]

This is a question I would also like answered please.

23. Gwen
    August 28, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

Hi Gopi, this works great , but I have one problem– how can I stop the Contact Us text from starting a new paragraph? You can see what I mean at the bottom of the home page at http://thompsonandmartinezartappraisals.com/draft/. Thank you!

24. jeet
    September 1, 2012 at 12:47 am #

Hi gopi,

please provide captcha/ recapctha support.

25. Jason
    September 7, 2012 at 5:30 pm #

How can I call this form from a href?

26. Mahabub
    September 10, 2012 at 6:57 am #

thanks for share this plugin

27. TMG
    September 12, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

Hi – how do I get the popup from an image link? Got it to work from a widget. Can’t do it from an image from a page.

28. Patrick Flynn
    October 5, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

I notice I’m having the same problem as many others in regards to the z-index and the fact the popup ends up at the bottom of my site. I didn’t see any response to this problem so if this can’t be fixed, can you please let me know.

29. Walter
    October 13, 2012 at 10:30 am #

Very nice plugin.

Only wish I had was a multilingual appearance. Of course that is not so hard to get. I made it myself by changing the Box-Title and Box-Labels (popup-contact-form.php). Can be done easy by picking default WP-prompts.

Could be a nice gesture for a new version though.

30. John
    October 19, 2012 at 11:12 pm #

great plugin thanks!

I am trying to to move the pop up position, can you confirm the css property that should be changed please?

31. Gopi Ramasamy
    October 23, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

popup-contact-form.js

Please look this file in the plugin directory. and try top, top position.

formdiv.style.top = pt.y + “px”;
    formdiv.style.top = pt.x + “px”;

32. PaulC
    October 23, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

Fixed the position issue. Used the following in the .css file:

position:fixed;
    top: 50%;
    left: 50%;
    margin-top: -50px;
    margin-left: -100px;

Changed the position to fixed, and left the z-index at 999. Added the above lines just above the z-index line.

Tested on 7″ and 10″ Android tablets with built-in browser and Chrome, on iPad w/Safari, and on Firefox. Both portrait and landscape modes work correctly.

• andre
      January 14, 2013 at 11:47 am #

Thanks PaulC,
      this worked!

changed the css-file.

For me the changes were:
      position:fixed;
      top: 50%;
      left: 50%;
      margin-top: -450px;
      margin-left: -100px;

in order to fit on screen.

thanks for the solution!

/rgds from sweden’
      /andre

33. marbie design
    October 23, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

Is there an easy way I can add (two) fields to this form?

34. jerald
    October 24, 2012 at 5:06 am #

sir encounter a problem regarding in email that unable to send into email
    already admin contact form panel.

can you help pls.

Thank you.

35. Guilherme
    October 26, 2012 at 11:31 pm #

Hi there.

After i press the submit button, i receive a message like this:
    “Message sent successfuly.

What is happening? How i make this stop?

36. Guilherme
    October 26, 2012 at 11:32 pm #

Sorry, here is what is appearing;
    Message sent successfuly.

Hosting24 Analytics Code
    script type.=”text/javascript” src = “http://stats.hosting24.com/count.php”><script

End Of Analytics Code

37. Meenu Joshi
    October 31, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

Is it possible to create multiple forms using this plugin?

Thank You!

38. Linda
    November 6, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

Hi, great plugin, thank you. I would like to translate it to another language. Where do I change the details please?

39. Sandro
    November 8, 2012 at 11:12 am #

Is it possible to use any html code for it instead of the php code?
    I can use the shortcode in all pages, but I need html for one of the pages on my website.

Thanks in advance!

November 8, 2012 at 11:46 am #

Please check the plugin list in the right side. some other plugin popup available to load the HTML text.

40. Keith
    November 19, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

I intend to use the plugin for a “request a callback” option on my site so the user needs to enter their name a number but not email.

It would be great if the content of the form could be edited via the plugin rather than needing to edit the plugin code directly.

41. Ryan Sammut
    November 20, 2012 at 9:45 pm #

I would like to fill-in the subject field depending on which button he presses, for example if he presses Button A, the subject is Button A. Is that possible?

• Divya
      November 22, 2012 at 4:45 am #

Hi Ryan Sammut,
      Have you got any solution,I’m having this same issue.But for me the Button A is the post name in which I’m using this popup

November 22, 2012 at 4:57 am #

At present this type of option not available in this plugin. we will check this in the next release..

42. Divya
    November 22, 2012 at 5:19 am #

Thank you Admin, This is a wonderful plugin.. Can you give any idea to add this feature in the same plugin

43. Paresh
    November 30, 2012 at 9:19 am #

Conact form is not appearing instead I am getting below error in debug console
    Uncaught ReferenceError: PopupContact_OpenForm is not defined

44. ola
    November 30, 2012 at 9:50 am #

Installed but only make the whole page grey?
    When I click the button the whole page goes grey and locked
    I have to reload it to continue

45. Heather
    December 10, 2012 at 3:17 am #

We have this pop up at the bottom of our site in the widgets, but we’re having a problem where the pop up form comes up when you click on the button in a very low bottom right corner of the site, to the point it’s not in the main screen, and you have to scroll both to the lieft and down in order to see the form.

I think the people who just commented on Nov 30 is having the same problem, but they are just not realizing that they have to scroll in order to see the form itself.

How come the form is not showing up center screen, and how can we fix this? Thanks.

46. Francisco
    December 12, 2012 at 12:16 pm #

I installed and use the plugin but when I receive the email in subject appears . Any ideas?

47. Francisco
    December 12, 2012 at 12:18 pm #

I installed and use the plugin but when I receive the email in subject appears ##. Any ideas?

48. Francisco
    December 12, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

I installed and use the plugin but when I receive the email in subject appears.. . Any ideas?

49. Francisco
    December 12, 2012 at 12:19 pm #

I installed and use the plugin but when I receive the email in subject appears “php echo the_title();”. . Any ideas?

50. Rupali Rupajita Samal
    December 13, 2012 at 10:42 am #

I have added the the popup contact form on the widget area but its not showing on the font end

51. Miha
    December 14, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Hi!

I’m looking for a solution that will open Post in a popup?
    (when visitor clicks on a post from archives page…)

Any help?

52. Mohammed Karam
    December 29, 2012 at 8:52 pm #

So nice So easy thanks for great work .

53. Luis Trinidad
    December 30, 2012 at 9:48 am #

plugin seems to be perfect, its small and easy, but is like not poping out in wp 3.5, any help?

• Luis Trinidad
      December 30, 2012 at 9:50 am #

sorry, it was just a css error, forgot to check before writing XD

54. zohar
    December 30, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

55. pseudonymo
    January 13, 2013 at 8:32 am #

Implemented code exactly as directed and the popup is stuck in the middle of the page and cannot be moved. Also checked my css vs your using Firebug and it is the same.

What’s different between your implementation (which works beautifully) and mine (which does not)?

56. strangerrj
    January 18, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

rear, this is beautiful Plugin. Is it possible for the posts author to use (). Thanx of greetings

57. Bakdoi
    January 22, 2013 at 7:22 pm #

Is there a way to have the popup come from text rather then the button image?

58. Bastian
    January 23, 2013 at 12:50 am #

Is there anyway to add a link to the navigationbar (menu) so this contact form can be open?

59. Kolku
    January 31, 2013 at 10:14 am #

Ho do i add more fields into the contact form?

I want Name, Email, Contact Number, Website, Message

if Possible

60. amit
    February 3, 2013 at 6:18 am #

i can not recived any mail.

61. RamonaSteve
    February 12, 2013 at 10:05 pm #

Great plug-in. Thank you.

One question. Is there a way for the email to automatically include a link to page on which the button was clicked?

62. bambinka
    February 19, 2013 at 11:14 pm #

Is it possible to add different contact buttons to different posts and each of them to be received by a different email address (i.e. different person)?

63. Sam
    February 26, 2013 at 12:09 pm #

I am not sure if this thread is still active, but I am trying to insert a different picture for the contact us button, but it won’t let me.!!

Any ideas why this is.?

64. Jay
    February 28, 2013 at 8:22 pm #

Is it possible to add in extra fields? Like date of event etc..

65. Louis
    March 5, 2013 at 2:24 pm #

Is it possible to create multiple forms using this plugin?

Thank You!

66. Alex
    March 5, 2013 at 6:32 pm #

Hey, just wanted to know if it is possible to localize this plugin? I am creating a quad language website and would love to use your plugin, if it is possible to use it in different languages via the WMLP plugin.

Cheers,

Alex

67. Atiar
    March 11, 2013 at 6:10 am #

The plugin is working nicely…… thanks for share the plugin.

I need to automatically close the window when the form submitted….. & then may be no need of alert message like “Message sent successfuly.” Or although it give the the alert message then need to be close automatically.

Please help me, i am on trap for that.

Atiar

68. Denise
    March 13, 2013 at 11:08 pm #

Is there any way to add a second .js function to the “onClick” or somewhere so that when they click the submit button in the form they are directed to a different page on the website?

69. jason
    March 19, 2013 at 9:37 am #

hello

installed this plugin, activated it showing up on webpage but would not get any mail although message sent is seen. please help.

jason

70. Lou Lazarte
    March 19, 2013 at 5:50 pm #

I’m trying to use this popup form but after I installed it and run it the form will only show behind the main content box. I changed the index several time and the form moved but it stays behind the main content box. Any ideas or suggestions will help.

Lou

71. Mladen
    April 20, 2013 at 11:21 pm #

Hi there, i have one big question, and need help…. i cannot find in .CSS how to move ( contact us button ) What ever i try always take same position ( top – left ) PLEASE PLEASE help !
    Tnx

72. resources
    April 21, 2013 at 6:44 am #

Very good post. I’m going through some of these issues as well..

73. house
    April 22, 2013 at 4:20 am #

can you send to multiple emails somehow … in the settings page? Email Address?

74. kazirhut
    April 29, 2013 at 8:35 pm #

nice work. good article. may be useful.

75. Get the facts
    May 3, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Thanks to my father who shared with me on the topic of this web site,
    this webpage is really amazing.

76. Tom
    June 13, 2013 at 3:04 am #

Doesn’t this plugin support unicode in content ?

77. Alex
    June 17, 2013 at 11:58 am #

I am struggling with your contact form. I have it installed and I have styled it according to my website’s look and feel…..but there is something wrong with the “send-email” function. I hav changed the email in the plug-in’s email field but I am yet to receive any of my many emails. I want to change it to info@branchdesigns.co.za. I really love your plug-in! I really want to use it. Please get back to me ASAP please. If u can even advise me where I can manually change the email adress that would be a great help. I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Alex

78. Jesse
    June 18, 2013 at 7:01 am #

Hi I’m trying to change the form by asking for “telephone” instead of “email address”, but it keeps giving me an error because there’s no “valid email address” when I enter a phone number. Is there any workaround?

THanks a lot!

—–I guess it’s something that I should change here:———
    function PopupContact_Submit(obj, url)

return false;
    else if(_e.value==””)
    {
    alert(“Please Enter Your Email.”);
    _e.focus();
    return false;
    else if(_e.value!=”” && (_e.value.indexOf(“@”,0)==-1 || _e.value.indexOf(“.”,0)==-1))
    {
    alert(“Please Enter Valid Email.”)
    _e.focus();
    _e.select();
    return false;

else if(_m.value==””)
    {
    alert(“Please Enter Your Message.”);
    _m.focus();
    return false;
    document.getElementById(‘PopupContact_alertmessage’).innerHTML = “Sending…”;
    var str = “PopupContact_name=” + encodeURI( document.getElementById(“PopupContact_name”).value ) + “&PopupContact_email=” + encodeURI( document.getElementById(“PopupContact_email”).value ) + “&PopupContact_message=” + encodeURI( document.getElementById(“PopupContact_message”).value ) + “&PopupContact_captcha=nocaptcha”;
    PopupContactPOSTRequest(url+’popup-contact-save.php’, str);

June 18, 2013 at 7:57 am #

Please comment this portion

{
      alert(“Please Enter Valid Email.”)
      _e.focus();
      _e.select();
      return false;

79. gabriel
    June 19, 2013 at 2:21 pm #

im using your for for this wedding site, to book the gift.
    The problem is that the TITLE of the form is not changed
    and also i put an initial text on the text box but is not visualized.

Can yo please help me?

Gabriel.

80. patch rock
    June 21, 2013 at 10:02 pm #

My family members always say that I am killing my time here at web, but I know I am getting familiarity daily by
    reading thes nice posts.

81. Archana
    June 27, 2013 at 6:30 am #

hello,

thank you for this plugin its so good ..

82. Syed
    July 5, 2013 at 8:14 am #

Hi Admin,
    How can i insert phone number field instead of message text area ?

83. Hudson
    July 5, 2013 at 10:27 am #

I really need to add an additional field for telephone number. Please can you explain how I can do this.

Many thanks!

84. Syed
    July 16, 2013 at 10:39 am #

Hi Admin,
    I wanna add a auto reply mail to sender when he clicks and finishes off filling the form. Is there any possible way?

85. John sen
    April 19, 2014 at 6:40 pm #

I didn’t find the contact form, from where i can modify the contact form field?
    Or from where i will be able to add new custom field in the contact form?
    I just found the Setting->dashboard-> pop up contact form
    here is just simple settiing, nothing more.
    Please help me. I need your help urgent.

April 20, 2014 at 1:45 am #

Hi John, In this plugin you don’t have options to add custom field. you can modify only existing settings in the admin. In future release, i will consider adding custom fields.

86. Elabs
    May 10, 2014 at 12:55 am #

How can I call the popup using a link?

May 10, 2014 at 7:24 am #

Please try my Onclick show popup wordpress plugin.

87. carl
    May 16, 2014 at 7:16 am #

Hi Mate,

GREAT plug in AWESOME :-)

Can you let me know how to set the “sender” info for the plugin as the email I receive is from
    (Unknown Sender) when I receive a contact email

Blessings and thanks so much!

Carl :-)

May 16, 2014 at 3:33 pm #

This plugin supposed to use user email and user name in the senders field.

88. Luis
    May 21, 2014 at 2:46 pm #

is there any way where we can change the “contact us” text onto a “Subscribe!”?

Thanks!!!

May 22, 2014 at 1:26 am #

Hi Luis,

Option already available. Please check plugin menu in your dashboard.