Onclick show popup

Onclick show popup It is graphical way to show your content. When the user clicks on a link, a new window opens and displays the content. This is easy and effective way to show your detail information to user. This plugin use the JQuery script to show the popup content.

Plugin live demo available on the sidebar & Below, click the text and see the popup window. also you can check few more popup plugin in my plugin list.

Live Demo

Feature of this plugin

• Simple.
  • Easy installation.
  • Easy configuration.
  • Unblockable.
  • Popup appear on text click.

Plugin configure

First step is to upload and activate the plugin(Check installation instruction below).

Configuration Option 1

Drag and Drop the Widget: Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop Onclick show popup widget into your side bar.

Configuration Option 2

Add the gallery in the Posts or Pages: Copy and paste the given short code into pages or posts.

Configuration Option 3

Add directly into theme: Add directly in the theme: Use the below code to add popup to your theme files.
<?php if (function_exists (OnclickShowPopup)) OnclickShowPopup(); ?>

Plugin Short Code

[onclick-show-popup group="1"]

group : It is your content group.

• Download the plugin onclick-show-popup.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the onclick-show-popup.zip file and extract the /popup/ folder.
  • Drop the onclick-show-popup folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new onclick show popup plug-in listed.

• Search onclick show popup plugin using search option.

• Download the plugin onclick-show-popup.zip from download location.
  • Upload the available onclick-show-popup.zip file and click install now.

Q1. Is possible to add the pop up into the particular page/post?

Yes, add the given code into page/post. See comment 1 to find the short code.

Q2. How to update the popup information/content?

Administration → OnClick Show Popup → Content management

84 Responses to“Onclick show popup”

December 17, 2011 at 3:34 pm #

Plugin Short Code

[ONCLICK-SHOW-POPUP:GROUP=GROUP1]

2. valuser
    December 19, 2011 at 11:16 pm #

Many Thanks for plugin.

The WordPress Description notes contain the instruction :

Paste the php code to your php file

To insert the popup into (say) a header.php file I have tried variations of

or

No success ! Not a coder. Would appreciate help to insert this shortcode into a php file.

3. Solihull Dentists
    December 20, 2011 at 11:34 am #

I have just installed this plugin – I have tried to use a thumbnail image to pop up a bigger version of that image – The thumbnail appears but when you click the image nothing happens. Have followed the instructions. Any advice would be good thanks

4. Frank Schrijvers
    December 29, 2011 at 9:00 am #

Thanks for the plugin. I’ve a question, i want more then 10 groups, how can i change this? Is this somewhere in the code?

5. Frank Schrijvers
    December 29, 2011 at 9:37 am #

Nevermind, found the solution in the file onclick-show-popup/content-management.php.

6. Ray
    December 31, 2011 at 8:54 am #

Please any ideas how to remove the bullet that appears when you insert the onclick show popup code into a page?

7. Ray
    December 31, 2011 at 8:58 am #

I installed the onclick-show popup. It works great. it is a fantastic plugin.
    However when I copy and past the code into a page, it appears as an ordered list i.e. with a little square bullet point.
    Please any ideas how to edit the onclick-show popup in such a way that the bullet does not show when the code is pasted into a page.

• Allan
      July 1, 2012 at 6:48 am #

Graet little Plugi-in just what I was looking some limitations but still great. Ray Did you did you find a way around the bullet list
      Cheers

8. David Wessell
    January 4, 2012 at 4:15 pm #

Is it possible to display php code in the pop up?

David

9. Howard Silver
    January 10, 2012 at 7:45 pm #

Just downloaded Onclick show popup and when I click on the link I get a message that reads:

Image cannot be loaded. Make sure the path is correct and image exist.

Is this only to display images or can I copy the html from another page a have it displayed?

10. gabriel
    January 11, 2012 at 6:27 am #

What I am really looking for is a way to have a form with some (?). When people click on the ? they get a help pop-up or DOM file. Any ideas?

11. Philipp
    January 14, 2012 at 10:42 am #

Bug?
    When on same page there is:
    [ONCLICK-SHOW-POPUP:GROUP=GROUP1]
    [ONCLICK-SHOW-POPUP:GROUP=GROUP2]
    [ONCLICK-SHOW-POPUP:GROUP=GROUP3]

On click show only Group1 popup, when cliсk on any group…

• Jason
      January 21, 2012 at 11:23 pm #

I am having the same issue. I have the code setup to allow for 2 groups

[ONCLICK-SHOW-POPUP:GROUP=GROUP1]
      [ONCLICK-SHOW-POPUP:GROUP=GROUP2]

yet both links open GROUP2 only. Can anyone help?

• Jason
        January 22, 2012 at 12:03 am #

When I rollover my links I can see

goto #inline_demo0 on this page

Both of my links, though they are different Groups show the same thing. But when I rollover the sample links in the sidebar on this page I see

goto #inline_demo0 on this page
        goto #inline_demo1 on this page
        goto #inline_demo2 on this page
        goto #inline_demo3 on this page

So for some reason mine are doing this. Does anyone know why?

• Dan
      February 23, 2012 at 2:09 am #

Not sure if this will be helpful for everyone (it’s a bit of a workaround), but I overcame this issue by opening up click-show-popup.php and changing all instances of inline_demo’.$counter.’ to inline_demo’.$group.’ (there should be 4).

This sets the popup url to be identified by the group, instead of the counter value.

• Dan
        February 23, 2012 at 6:37 am #

This will work for a single post, but not multiple posts in a group.

• Sholac
          March 13, 2012 at 12:51 pm #

Thanks Dan, this helped me a lot, ans save a lot of time!

• Princess
          June 4, 2013 at 4:27 pm #

This helped tons!!!! Thank you so much!!!

• Toby Wallis
        February 14, 2013 at 11:56 am #

Thanks for the fix!

• MAster
        March 18, 2013 at 1:35 am #

Thanks Dan, it`s working now :)

• Federico
          April 4, 2013 at 11:01 am #

But with multiple posts in a group???

12. Amr
    January 21, 2012 at 2:16 pm #

i would like to thank u for the plugin i installed it and it’s a great one. but i was wondering how could i change the width of the popup .
    ” i tried to insert a table in the popup and it didn’t fit into the popup” .. i need to increase the width of the popup any ideas

13. Geena
    January 25, 2012 at 9:25 pm #

I get this at the end of my address: #inline_demo0
    But the plugin isn’t working..Help..

14. Vic
    January 26, 2012 at 3:01 pm #

It sucks, sorry it’s no good

15. Vic
    January 26, 2012 at 3:05 pm #

How do I remove the plugin. WP won’t le me delete the plugin.

16. -V-
    February 1, 2012 at 3:27 pm #

same question,, would like to increase with width,, so going to hack the plugin to suit my needs, otherwise its Great, Thanks
    -V-

17. -V-
    February 1, 2012 at 4:36 pm #

@ Vic if you are not able to delete the plugin, try deleting the folder through your FTP account.

18. Josh
    February 3, 2012 at 12:09 am #

You didn’t include the PHP code for putting it in the theme…………………………………………………….

19. Josh
    February 3, 2012 at 12:15 am #

I lied, you did put in the PHP code, but WordPress ate it, use the &#60 ; &#62 ;

• N8
      April 24, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

Where is the php code? I am looking feverishly for just that… thanks!

20. Leon
    February 12, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

Any help with removing the Bullet like Ray asked

21. Virendra
    February 13, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

Hello sir,

Is it possible to display pop up in php code ?

or can u give me php short code for display pop up ?

virendra kumar

February 13, 2012 at 1:42 pm #

Try “Scroll popup html content ads” plugin

22. Vtdriver
    February 16, 2012 at 4:44 am #

@ AMR

I have spent the last hour trying to find how to change the width. It is in the
    onclick-show-popup/js/jquery.prettyPhoto.js file

under “default_width:500″ change that to the dimensions you want.

@ Ray

To get rid of the bullet point. View your site in a web browser then view source and then copy the code back into your site. But removing the WP code. Then remove the from the code where the popup is.

Hope this helps guys

• Vtdriver
      February 16, 2012 at 4:45 am #

# remove “”

• Vtdriver
        February 16, 2012 at 4:45 am #

sorry @Ray it won’t let me post – take out the spaces

• Vtdriver
          February 16, 2012 at 4:46 am #

this is stupid… take out ul and li

• AST
      June 28, 2012 at 6:00 am #

the “default_width:500;” has no effect. If i don’t solve this soon.. i am taking this plugin off my site….Gopi is usually helpful…but this plugin seems to neglected.

23. Sholac
    March 6, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

Hello is there any way to sort titles, by ID or what…?

24. Robert
    March 22, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

Two things that are causing problems for me:

The content for each group comes up in a random order for some reason. I’d like to stop that behaviour but can’t work out how. Any order will do, but it needs to be a fixed order!

How can I control the default typeface used in popups? Specifying it in the HTML for the content isn’t reliable, some fonts work but others don’t. I cannot see how the plugin is getting the default style for the text.

Please … Help!!!
    Thanks in advance.

25. topic
    April 3, 2012 at 6:17 pm #

Can someone explain to me step by step how to configure this plugin. I installed it, I added the code in the page, and when I click it I receive #inline_demo0.
    NEED HELP.

26. Lee
    April 26, 2012 at 11:03 am #

Tell you what…I’ve got better things to do than read everything you ever wrote trying to figure out how to use this thing. It’s crap!!! Why don’t you create a help file. Exact instructions for everything in one place!!! Can you spell d-e-l-e-t-e? That reminds me: Learn some English!!!! What a waste of my time.

27. aakanksh
    May 2, 2012 at 8:22 am #

i put this code in my index page but do not work

• aakanksh
      May 2, 2012 at 8:23 am #
  28. John Spencer
    May 15, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

How can I imbed the popup in an image. OR stated another way, click on an image and it triggers the popup.

29. mark
    May 19, 2012 at 3:43 am #

How to change text color? It is showing as light gray on mine (and I have a white background). Thanks

30. Rohit
    May 19, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

I am not able to make this plugin work, I have installed it successfully but where exactly i need to put this shortcode, I am trying to make this pop in a post.
    can anybody please help????

31. mark
    May 19, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

Rohit,
    1. Put the short code on the HTML section of the page where you want to use it (if you want it in a particular page)
    2. go back to Settings/Onclickpop and choose content management. Edit the text and set Visible YES. (instructions are not clear on this site, it tells you different ways to install but not how to use it. I am tempted to write a clearer one). I got it all working but it doesn’t show well on the iPhone. If you want to enlarge to read the popup better, the pop up moves all over the screen, its hard to read. Its a good plugin but if its hard to view on the iPhone, unfortunately can’t use it. Hope there will be a fix to this.

32. Jamie
    May 21, 2012 at 1:00 pm #

Installed it and uninstalled it within 10 mins as the inline method keeps failing, presenting the error message “Image cannot be loaded. Make sure the path is correct and image exist.”

Since there’s no image in the message, I assume it’s failing to find its own folder path (my WP install is not in the root of the domain).

33. E
    May 22, 2012 at 10:47 pm #

I have installed the plugin successfully and I’m happy with it so far. The only thing I need help with is figuring out how to resize the height of the popup box. I’ve gone into the css and .js files and it doesn’t work. Any help would be appreciated.

34. -V-
    June 5, 2012 at 2:34 pm #

looking back, the question was not so much how to increase the width, but after increasing it, how to auto-center it.

Anyway, new question.
    Im searching for a way to change the short code into a link?
    I need this -> [ONCLICK-SHOW-POPUP:GROUP=GROUP1] to be a some how attached as a link, so instead of clicking the Title(s) Id like to assign [ONCLICK-SHOW-POPUP:GROUP=GROUP1] to images.
    -V-

35. AST
    June 25, 2012 at 2:19 am #

Hi All

I was wondering if someone could tell me if and how (in detail) this popup could be called via clinking on an image.

I am new …detailed instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• AST
      June 27, 2012 at 9:19 pm #

Never mind…I have found a alternative work around solution.

36. mahdi
    July 9, 2012 at 7:27 am #

php code????????????

November 3, 2012 at 5:31 am #

Post updated with PHP code.

37. Vin
    August 10, 2012 at 1:59 am #

Anyone know how to fix the bullet problem?

38. Vin
    August 10, 2012 at 2:33 am #

HOW-TO-REMOVE BULLET from the POPUP links in post:

In the Editor for the Plugin locate:

onclick-show-popup/onclick-show-popup.php

Now toward the end of this file there is a line saying:

@$li = @$li . ‘‘.$OnclickShowPopup_title.’‘;

Remove the: and the:

Rememeber to ‘Update file’ and that’s it

November 3, 2012 at 5:31 am #

Thanks vin

• David
      January 30, 2013 at 5:10 pm #

in the css file :
      * {list-style:none}
      and it’s ok

39. Nino
    August 11, 2012 at 2:09 am #

Hi, can i display a single pop? i mean by its ID, instead of the group

November 3, 2012 at 5:30 am #

HI Nino,

You can find my another popup plugin. It is listed in the plugin list.

40. Ben A
    August 22, 2012 at 5:33 am #

I keep getting ‘#inline_demo0′ in the permalink and no popup appears when i click on my link. Please help!

41. nate
    October 3, 2012 at 7:09 am #

I’m trying to include a form inside the pop up and it isn’t working. I’ve tried the shortcode, and i have tried the view source copy form and past and i tried it with and with out js…

Can you please inform me as to the possibility of including forms inside pop up?

42. Mike
    October 12, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

Hi All,

For some reason when I add content to the popup window, in some cases the “close” button gets clipped by the bottom of the window, i.e. I only get half a close button. Does anyone have any Idea why this might be happening/how to fix?

43. Mike
    October 12, 2012 at 3:51 pm #

Never mind, solved it, HTML problem.

I have run into another problem however, I went into the PHP to increase the number of groups and it seemed to have worked until I got up into double digits, any thoughts on how to get the code to recognize groups higher than 9?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Mike

November 3, 2012 at 5:29 am #

content-management.php

You can increase the group in this PHP file. in all other place it will work automatically.

44. Fabricio
    October 28, 2012 at 6:13 am #

I just installed and when i click on a link i get the “#inline_demo0″ and no popups… anyone knows whats wrong?

45. Fabricio
    October 31, 2012 at 1:05 am #

Sorry… didn’t go exactly, so, here goes a link

November 3, 2012 at 5:27 am #

Thanks for the comment.

46. Marco
    November 21, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

Sorry, code did not display.

“ON CLICK POP EXAMPLE”

“[contact-form-7 id="4623" title="Buy Pre-Alert Form USA"]“

47. Moodini
    January 8, 2013 at 12:57 am #

After open the popup from a page, when i press close it directs me to that initial page but the new url is http://initialpage/#!prettyPhoto. Due to some other plugins I have installed I need to get rid of the #!prettyPhoto. Any idea how to do this?

48. Vinoth
    January 9, 2013 at 1:59 pm #

I installed it in my website http://www.kinindia.com. It is working well..Thanks for the plugin

49. Chris
    February 8, 2013 at 5:22 pm #

When on same page there is:
    [onclick-show-popup group="1"]
    [onclick-show-popup group="2"]
    [onclick-show-popup group="3"]
    [onclick-show-popup group="4"]

On click show only Group1 popup, when any group is clicked?
    I saw post from a year ago that talk about setting counter to group instead in the php.

Is this still the workaround or is the plugin updates to take the ID of the popup instead of GROUP.

50. yaminee
    March 5, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

i need the same plugin but i want to upload images in this to show in popup. can u suggest any plugin ?

51. Pamela Anders
    March 15, 2013 at 9:18 pm #

I love this plugin. The only thing is that I don’t seem to be able to adjust the height and the width of the popup window. I went to jquery.PrettyPhoto.js and change the default_width and default_height, but that didnt do it.

Is there a way for me to do this?

Pam

• Pamela Anders
      March 15, 2013 at 9:25 pm #

Oooooh never mind,. I fixed the height and width with CSS :)

Pam

• Federico
        April 4, 2013 at 10:39 am #

Hi Pamela, and how did you do it? I have the same problem. Thanks Federico

52. MAster
    March 18, 2013 at 1:09 am #

Are you help us or what? Please, everybody have same problem…

2 pop ups in 2 group (1 and 2) don`t work on 1 page… always open only group 1… :(

It is so great plugin, please help us and fix that, i want to donate, but i want working plugin, not with bugs :(

Greetings…

• Federico
      April 4, 2013 at 10:41 am #

I have the same problem, please fix it!

53. Michael
    May 25, 2013 at 1:36 am #

The template I’m using isn’t accepting the shortcode, is there a way to link a photo or text to the pop up without short code?

54. aliya
    May 30, 2013 at 9:46 am #

in wordpress new page…where i have to define thi :-ONCLICK-SHOW-POPUP:GROUP=GROUP1]

please give a short example of this

55. aliya
    May 30, 2013 at 9:50 am #

Below is code…please specify where i have to place code to define group of popup links.I want to show popup links of group2

Name

56. Ammad
    June 12, 2013 at 11:32 am #

i installed when i click on Go-to Content management its show me this Cannot load onclick-show-popup/content-management.php.
    any help

57. Ninad
    July 2, 2013 at 2:04 pm #

Hi, I am using preetyphoto plugin for photos. I have installed your plugin. But when preetyphoto is active , your plugin not working. Please reply to solve this problem.