Deal or announcement with countdown

Deal or announcement with countdown WordPress plugin will display the announcement, deal, offers with countdown timer. admin can add N number of deal at dashboard, only one active deal will display at website front end with countdown timer. this plugin is best suitable to show promotional offers to the user with countdown time.

• Very simply to use.
  • Style override system.
  • Count down timer.

Plugin Live demo available in the sidebar. In the admin we have option to add, update the content and timer details.

Q1. Can I display more Deal at same time?

No, you can display one deal at a time with countdown timer.

Q2. Can I customize the color and align style?

Yes, Click on the configure button (small down triangle) for the “deal-or-announcement-with-countdown-timer” widget and here you can customize few front end styles. See screen two.

Q3. Why it show ‘No data available in announcement!’ on front end?

Because there is no Active deal in admin. Go to ‘Deal with countdown’ link under SETTING TAB to add/edit/delete Deal or Announcement or offers.

Q4. why it show ‘Time Out!’ on timer area?

It means countdown timer over, or time finished.

• Download the plugin from download location.
  • Unpack the zip file
  • Extract the /deal-or-announcement-with-countdown-timer/ folder.
  • Drop the plugin into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new Deal plug-in listed.

• Search deal countdown timer plugin using search option.

• Download the plugin from download location.
  • Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word press admin.
  • Upload the available zip file and click install now.

Drag and drop the widget: Go to widget page under appearance tab, Drag and drop deal or announcement with countdown timer widget into your side bar. It’s very easy.

Add directly in the theme: Use this code, <?php if (function_exists (deal_or_announcement_with_countdown_timer_show)) deal_or_announcement_with_countdown_timer_show(); ?> to add the plugin to your theme files.

Other plugin

51 Responses to“Deal or announcement with countdown”

1. Gresh
    August 2, 2010 at 3:57 pm #

I am getting no space between the day & hours, is this resolvable?

2. John
    August 19, 2010 at 3:31 am #

Sadly, the days calculation is now off (as it also is on your demo) and I had to remove it.

August 22, 2010 at 3:04 pm #

its working…

3. Paul Barrs
    September 9, 2010 at 12:39 am #

Great little widget… but can I add it into the main body of a page, not just as a sidebar widget?

4. Neal Ghoshal
    September 14, 2010 at 2:02 am #

Can I increase the size of the fonts?

5. superposts
    October 7, 2010 at 5:52 pm #

yes your plugin looks good but you should provide a short code so the user can drop it on a page not just side bar!

6. Eugene
    December 7, 2010 at 9:05 am #

I have a problem with a countdown in aggregate with SKYPE! Skype’s displaying me a telephone number instead of countdown…

7. Tharindu
    December 7, 2010 at 10:12 am #

Hi ,
    This is a nice plugin .

Can you build this plugin to put a HTML content also. So we can design in as we want.

And also follow the Groupon model , you will have more downloads than this .

Great work !

8. Tharindu
    December 7, 2010 at 10:20 am #

Sorry , we can use HTML code , i just try it . It works.

Keep up the Great work , we expecting updates. :)

• Mike
      October 30, 2011 at 7:11 am #

Did you do it in the Plugin Template? With changes in two areas, the whole look can be formatted. The deal-or-announcement-with-countdown-timer.php file.

9. Oscar
    April 7, 2011 at 2:26 am #

Can anyone show me the code to drop this widget into a page instead of a sidebar?

• edgar
      July 27, 2011 at 8:26 am #

Yes, I also like to add it in a specific page. Does anyone know shortcode?

10. Kev
    April 27, 2011 at 9:51 pm #

How can we display Months & Weeks at the beginning of the countdown?

11. Ron
    June 1, 2011 at 7:07 am #

Nice plugin, but would be a lot nicer and use full if the content would disappear (so any links to the deals page are gone) or even better gets changed by a new message.
    Until eother of those 2 options happen in an update, I consider this plugin useless for me

12. Ana
    August 6, 2011 at 4:19 am #

I install the plugin fine but then when i go setup the date under settings I always get

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

(however i changed the permissions- to 777 actually…)
    Please help!
    thanks (and thank you for all these plugins)

August 6, 2011 at 6:02 am #

no no, it say, only admin user can access the plugin…

13. jai
    August 16, 2011 at 6:44 pm #

hi, is it possible to get a copy of the previous version? updated & now my css doesn’t work with the new version

August 17, 2011 at 1:31 am #

old version available in wp directory but; we cant get your old css file…

14. Sharon J
    September 3, 2011 at 8:51 pm #

No spaces between Days, Hours, Minutes, seconds.
    What is the fix? I see someone else has the same problem?

15. Sharon J
    September 3, 2011 at 8:52 pm #

I will leave this on my site for a few hours, but if it is not fixed by tomorrow, I shall have to find another solution, as this does not look classy at all like your example above. I will try centering text. I told it to left align. Perhaps that is the problem.

16. Sharon J
    September 3, 2011 at 9:44 pm #

No, that was not the solution.

17. prijith daniel
    September 6, 2011 at 10:46 am #

great website amd some really cool plugins!!…keep it coming! :)

18. Tim C
    October 14, 2011 at 7:08 pm #

ODD…I can update everything but I get your message that says “Gopiplus.com In this website you can find lots of useful WordPress plugin and Joomla modules. all plugins are…” and cannot remove it.

Any suggestions?

• Donia
      February 7, 2012 at 4:53 am #

Went to the venue in Haugh for a parvite pamper party. Had an excellent time, staff very friendly, venue gorgeous, treatments lovely and food really good. Had a really great time and we will all be returning very soon. Thankyou for making our day so relaxing and enjoyable! X

19. Citeste Asta
    October 23, 2011 at 11:55 pm #

really nice plugin i use it on a fre websites and it works nicely :)

20. Darian Culbert
    October 27, 2011 at 3:16 am #

Thank you very much for this helpful plugin!
    I would recommend to provide the editor for the content of the widget so we can fully customize the fonts…
    I also would like to make the day/hour/minutes.. bigger so it will attract the visitors more! Can you please let me know how I can do that?

You can check it out at my site: http://www.darianculbert.com – on the right sidebar!

Darian

21. Mike
    October 30, 2011 at 7:12 am #

Also … if anybody wants specifics, drop a note.

22. Max
    November 17, 2011 at 11:18 am #

Thanks again for this brilliant widget: can insert it into my main content?

23. Bric's Milano Luggage, X-Bag
    November 24, 2011 at 9:22 am #

The right write, praise some sort of.

24. Logan Y
    December 3, 2011 at 6:57 pm #

I have this plugin installed in my WP network, and when I try to add a date to from the settings menu, I get the message: “No data found! please create using below form!”

Is this not compatible with networks? Or am I missing something?

25. Mona
    December 13, 2011 at 10:37 pm #

How Can i be able to add photos to the countdown. I’m still a beginner on the web. :)

26. mmafightsport
    January 3, 2012 at 2:03 pm #

Hi, i would like to use shortcode to add this countdown in the “News announcement scroll” Plugin.
    Is it possible to combine the plugins with shortcode ?

27. Manuel
    January 20, 2012 at 12:28 pm #

Great plugin ! Could it be possible in the future updates to have, first, the possiblity to modify the fonts and size of the countdown numbers and, sencond, be able to make the title clickable so that people can do directly to the offer or event.
    Thank you and keep up the great work.

28. Ligori
    February 16, 2012 at 4:56 am #

I used deal or announcement with countdown plugin in my website. In this plugin the variables were uses like @$variable_name. I don’t know the such variables meaning.
    What is the difference between $variable_name and @$variable_name? If anybody know about this please help me…. Thank you…

29. Robin
    February 19, 2012 at 10:10 am #

hello, i use the plugin very often. But now i received a question of one of my users if it is possible to translate the day, hrs, Min and Sec into the dutch languages. Can someone tell me if this is possible?

Thanksss

30. Ann
    February 21, 2012 at 8:56 pm #

When I added this plug-in, it does not print out the event title, instaed it has a long message about gopiplus.com.

31. TunerLabs Website Deisgning
    March 1, 2012 at 12:35 am #

This site is awesome. Anyway Thanks for the cool fade pop up plugin :-)

32. Dick
    April 2, 2012 at 8:25 am #

Is it possible to configure the timer to end at half an hour f.e.? Now I can only enter the date and hour for the event. Sometimes an event start at let’s say 10:30 or 2:10PM. Now I’m stuck to let the timer end at 10 or 2PM.
    Thanx in advance.
    Dick

33. il vangelo di pinocchio
    June 19, 2012 at 12:50 am #

How to show it on posts?

May 18, 2013 at 6:41 am #

At present no short code option available for this plugin.

34. DC Bar Exam
    January 19, 2013 at 2:57 am #

Great plugin, but is there any way to not display the seconds, or better yet, just display days? Thanks!

35. Elliot Ernst
    March 14, 2013 at 3:56 pm #

Is there a way to put the text to the left of the countdown?

36. elka
    April 23, 2013 at 5:54 am #

hi …
    im using this great plug in on my web : denpasarjunctionmall.com
    but i wanna ask something :

May i use this countown twice ? i mean now im using in left sidebar, and i wanna add one else in right sidebar. i try to combine with php code in widget and placing your code : , but it doesn’t show and i have to choose only one timer in countdown set up page…. when i choose the new timer one, the old one is deactive.

So please inform me what i have to do.
    Big thanks n success for you :)

37. B Bolla
    May 8, 2013 at 8:04 am #

Is it possible to make the deal live when a certain number of buyers have bought-in?

and/or.

Is it possible to add a price tier function so that the price falls every time a specified number of buyers is reached?

May 18, 2013 at 6:39 am #

Ho Bolla,

These options not available in this plugin. it will display just off date with countdown time.

38. Joe
    May 30, 2013 at 6:14 am #

I have installed this and how to add message into this setting panel ?

I am stuck on “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” notification although in administrator role.

Help Me

• Joe
      May 30, 2013 at 7:34 am #

YES GREAT !!

I tried to reinstall this plugin with cleared cache and cookies and it works !!

– Is this possible to use only countdown timer on front-page without announcement ?

– Is this possible to do mods with minute setting ?

Let me know if it need another script to do that

* Contact me If you would like to accept challenge to do mods for my website

39. King
    May 30, 2013 at 6:24 pm #

good option to add to lists

40. Vietnamtour
    July 8, 2013 at 8:56 am #

Very useful plugin.
    Thanks for sharing

41. phuyentour
    July 8, 2013 at 8:58 am #

Is there any update for new version ?

August 18, 2013 at 2:13 pm #

This plugin has been tested till latest wordpress version