Continuous announcement scroller

Continuous announcement scroller wordpress plugin create an announcement widget in the website, it’s not a simply message display instead the message will scroll vertically from bottom to top like roller and many message display at the same time. This plugin will support multilingual content. There is separate text management page available in the dashboard to add the announcement content.

• Easy installation.
  • Widgets, so you can add pretty much anything.
  • Easy scroller setting.
  • We can arrange the message order easily.
  • We can disable the message temporary.
  • Display many message at a same time.

See live demo on sidebar; Do you want to scroll the rss feed instead of own content? use continuous rss scrolling wordpress plugin.

• Download the plugin continuous-announcement-scroller.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the continuous-announcement-scroller.zip file
  • Extract the /continuous-announcement-scroller/ folder.
  • Drop the continuous-announcement-scroller folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new continuous announcement scroller plug-in listed.

• Search continuous announcement scroller plugin using search option.

• Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word press admin.
  • Upload the available continuous-announcement-scroller.zip file and click install now.

Option – 1 : Go to widget link under Appearance tab, Drag & drop continuous announcement scroller widget into your side bar.

Option – 2 : Copy and paste the below mentioned code in desired template location ie your PHP theme file.

<?php if (function_exists (cas)) cas(); ?>

Q1. Can I display more news at same time?

Yes, we can add more message at same time, use text management page to add more announcement.

Q2. Can I display announcement in random order?

No, In this version(1.0)  not available, i will include this in the next version.

Q3. Can I arrange the news scroll order?

Yes, We have option in the admin text management page(Property : Display Order)

Q4. Can I hide the any news temporary?

Yes, We have option in the admin text management page(Property : Display Status)

Q5. Can I set expiration for announcement?

No, In this version (1.0)  not available, i will include this in the next version.

Q6. Can I add font color?

Yes, simply add your html content with font color in the text box. See above demo.

Q7. Why my message content out of range?

This is the continuous scroller, so we need to provide equal space between message, for this case just arrange the Scroller height in the scroller setting.

Q8. How many message displays at same time?

You can set this in the scroller setting page.

Q9. What is “Display number of record at the same time in scroll”?

This property is to set the no of record to display (in front end) at the same time.

Q10. What is “Enter max number of record to scroll”?

This property is to fetch no of record from table.

Other announcement plugin

158 Responses to“Continuous announcement scroller”

September 4, 2010 at 6:18 am #

Hi, Post your comments, doubt, suggestion, feed back with proper email address.

2. adex
    September 4, 2010 at 7:33 am #

Hello, and thanx for releasing this plugin for free :)

One question: can it be possible to add one (other) widget – let’s say, ‘recent comments’ or ‘latest posts’ – inside your plugin container, in order to make a scrollabler text? In other words, a piece of code?

(sorry for my english)

3. adex
    September 4, 2010 at 7:36 am #

Oh, sorry, this is my first coffee of this day, i’m a little dizzy !! I’ve just your others plugins – exactly what i want!
    You make my day :) thanks man.
    Adex

September 4, 2010 at 8:52 am #

4. Dragos
    September 9, 2010 at 9:27 pm #

Can you tell meu how can I display news with different colors, like in your demo?

Dragos

September 10, 2010 at 4:55 pm #

Its very simple, just add your HTML content directly in the text box.

Example :

This is simply dummy announcement text. Update this in text management page.

• paul
      January 30, 2011 at 11:12 pm #

how do i put text into html format there is no way to change color other that trying to cut paste from a word doc but that didnt change the color what am i missing also is ther there a stop feature during scroll over to allow reader more time to read can you slow down or speed up the scroll? thank you

6. nati
    September 14, 2010 at 7:37 am #

How i canOpen the link in a new window?

At the moment it opened in same window.

September 19, 2010 at 5:40 am #

• Pierre Cajuste
        March 12, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

under $dis_height —Modify href link to include target as shown

Under $cast_post_title = trim($cas_post_title);
        modify href to resemble:

• Pierre Cajuste
          March 12, 2012 at 9:01 pm #

Modify codes to include target attribute below in $dis_height and $cast_post_title

‘”“‘

‘”“‘

• Pierre Cajuste
            March 12, 2012 at 9:05 pm #

Modify codes to include target attribute below:
            in $dis_height and $cast_post_title respectively:

a href=’$get_permalink’ target=’_blank’>

$get_permalink\’target=\’_blank\’>

7. Marcelle Llewelyn
    September 22, 2010 at 10:01 am #

I’m looking for a plug in that will offer up to 10 lines of text, that will appear one by one and then scroll downwards continually. This will need to appear over a graphic on the homepage only. I can’t therefore enter into the php file on the header. I have very little knowledge of html so any help would really be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

8. Darko
    September 23, 2010 at 2:46 pm #

Hi there,

Great plugin, its very simple and gets the job done.

I’ve been playing a little bit in debug mode and have seen a number of warning messages pop upm which I do not know how to solve.

Can you please assist?

Notice: Use of undefined constant cas – assumed ‘cas’ in …. on line 12

Notice: Undefined variable: cas_html in ….wp-content/plugins/continuous-announcement-scroller/continuous-announcement-scroller.php on line 67

Notice: Undefined variable: cas_x in ….wp-content/plugins/continuous-announcement-scroller/continuous-announcement-scroller.php on line 73

Notice: register_sidebar_widget is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_sidebar_widget() instead. in …wp-includes/functions.php on line 3237

Notice: register_widget_control is deprecated since version 2.8! Use wp_register_widget_control() instead. in …wp-includes/functions.php on line 3237

Thanks in advance,
    Darko

9. Anna
    September 29, 2010 at 1:42 am #

I have a family site and learning about wordpress. i love this plugin. Very simple to put on my blog for a person who does not know a lot about web codes. Thank you very much for sharing.

10. JM
    September 30, 2010 at 8:45 pm #

Is there a way to control the speed of the scroller text?

October 12, 2010 at 5:59 am #

yes this is possible, in the plug-in js file find the line

setTimeout(“cas_scroll();”, 10);

setTimeout(“cas_scroll();”, 2000);

and update that number to increase or decrease the speed of the scroll.

11. Olly
    October 18, 2010 at 7:46 pm #

Is it possible to set the speed as well?

12. Chuck
    October 25, 2010 at 10:29 pm #

is there a way to have the plugin show up with different content on pages independently? (i.e. on the widget side independently for each page)

Meaning, can I have one scrolling message on Page #1 and another (different) scrolling message on Page #2 etc…. ?

I would like to use it to display testimonials, but testimonials that are specific to each page.

• flippn
      February 25, 2011 at 3:50 am #

would also like to know if there is a way to create different widgets for different pages as mentioned above.

• Kel
        April 14, 2011 at 2:57 pm #

I’d like to do this too. Have you figured out a solution?

13. hi
    November 1, 2010 at 9:40 am #

how can i edit the CSS of this ?
    i’m israeli and i want the text-align to be “right”.

and i wuld like to add a border to the widget,
    is it possible ?

i have seen that you use

but when i write in my style.css
    .wrap {
    text-align:right;
    background:#f1e5f3;

it’s not doing nothing.

14. marc
    November 3, 2010 at 3:09 pm #

would be nice to be able to control the color of the text,
    thanks for the plugin ,
    Marc

15. tipkin
    November 5, 2010 at 10:11 pm #

thanks a lot for the great plugin! there is one thing I’d really like to see in the future releases – a possibility to use language tags (i.e. [:en] or ) for multilingual blogs. check out my site – I have to put english text in bold and russian in italics. would be awesome if i could omit the unneeded language altogether.

tipkin

16. Ajen
    November 18, 2010 at 8:07 pm #

Hi. thank you for creating this plugin. I loaded it on the homepage of my website by means of a php executable plugin for php placed in posts or pages.

In other words, I wrote [exec] cas(); ? [/exec] instead of

At this point, I am only able to see the first announcement on the list. There is no scrolling. Is there anything that I am missing?

Thanx in advance

Ajen

17. Wienjo
    December 9, 2010 at 8:56 am #

Helllo, thank you for creating this wonderfull plugin. Is it possible to add a option for turning the hyperlink on/off. On this moment you have to put a hyperlink but i don’t need that. It also change the layout of my text and pictures (i have a line under a hyperlink, so it doesn’t look great for me)

It’s a suggestion, i hope you can help me..

Wienjo

• Sharon Jackson
      June 26, 2011 at 12:46 am #

Just put a # in the link field. The form will work and there will be no link. I am he same as you..dont want links

18. Gart Valenc
    December 12, 2010 at 4:00 pm #

Dear Gopi,

Many thanks! I think this is an extremely useful and elegantly designed plugin. I’m wondering whether it is possible to change the scrolling speed, to make it a bit slower.

• Gart Valenc
      December 13, 2010 at 2:33 pm #

I apologise, I swear I did RTFM but missed the answer: it’s a couple of comment up in this same page. Sorry!

19. UK Diabetes
    December 19, 2010 at 6:18 am #

This was just the plug in I was looking for, many thanks!

20. FLMS
    December 30, 2010 at 11:54 am #

Thank you for your plug in. I was wondering if there is a way of stopping the scrolling when the mouse is on the announcement to allow the reader more time to read it. Thanks for your time.

21. langlois
    December 30, 2010 at 9:27 pm #

Sorry for my English … your plugin is excellent. Just one problem: do not work for me locally with IE6 while on your site yes.
    Did you make a change? If so which one? Thank you in advance

22. Michael
    January 4, 2011 at 11:48 pm #

How can I link to an email address?

23. Martha
    January 5, 2011 at 10:29 pm #

I’m trying this plugin for a simple scrolling list of names: a long column. I don’t need or want the link option, and in fact will need to turn it off because most or all of the names won’t have links.

Can I do that with this plug in? or do I need to keep looking? Otherwise, it looks great!

January 15, 2011 at 7:17 am #

Names means? you want to scroll registered user or another name?? It will scroll/display admin entered content only.

24. leslie
    January 7, 2011 at 9:16 pm #

Yes I want to know about the link also – I was putting the link in with my text so I don’t know what to put in the link box – hopefully someone will respond shortly!

25. Barb
    January 17, 2011 at 7:45 am #

I too am interested in removing the link requirement.

For now, I’ve used # however, as we know, it still appears as a link to readers.

Gopi, do you have any suggestions as to how we can edit the code so the scroll doesn’t require links?

Thanks for a really slick, simple, versatile plugin.

Respectfully -Barb

26. Barb
    January 17, 2011 at 8:00 am #

Gee – you’re quick hahaha

Just found the news announcement plugin precisely what I needed. Thanks.

27. Murat
    January 23, 2011 at 12:25 am #

hey thanks for your plugin, i have used that, but problem is that: it is very fast than wat i want, cant i set ?

28. David
    February 7, 2011 at 8:47 pm #

Hi. The plugin is great. One question: Is it possible to shorten the amount of space between posts differently on a post by post basis? That would help since I have one post that is really long (and flows into the post after it) and one really short one (that has a big chunk of empty space below it). Any help is appreciated. Thanks. David.

29. Jess
    February 16, 2011 at 9:21 am #

Is there a way to get the links to open in a new window? Can I add target=”blank” somewhere?

30. Jess
    February 16, 2011 at 9:22 am #

Oh, I see the answer above….will give it a try.

31. Jess
    February 16, 2011 at 9:29 am #

“How i canOpen the link in a new window?

At the moment it opened in same window.

Gopi R says:
    September 19, 2010 at 5:40 am

Find this “$cas_post_title” variable in the main plug-in php file(continuous-announcement-scroller.php) and add the target attribute for that anchor tage.”

There are a bunch of these $cas_post_title” in the code….which one or ones do we add this to, and could you show me what the final code should look like for this snippet?

32. Jess
    February 16, 2011 at 9:43 am #

I figured it out….for anyone else looking to open links in new windows, here’s where you add ‘target=blank’.

In this file: (continuous-announcement-scroller.php):

$cas_x = $cas_x . “cas_array[$cas_count] = ‘$cas_post_title‘; “;
    $cas_count++;

• oasis
      February 1, 2012 at 12:47 pm #

$cas_x = $cas_x . “cas_array[$cas_count] = ‘$cas_post_title‘; “;
      $cas_count++;

33. Jess
    February 16, 2011 at 9:43 am #

$cas_x = $cas_x . “cas_array[$cas_count] = ‘$cas_post_title‘; “;
    $cas_count++;

34. Jess
    February 16, 2011 at 9:44 am #

WTF is wrong with this …I can’t get all the code to show up.

Ugh, w/e, I got it.

35. Adrian
    February 28, 2011 at 3:35 pm #

Such a great plugin!

I have two instalation of wordpress, in two different subdomains. Have installed thge plugin on one of the wordpress and typed in A LOT of announcements.

Question: how can i copy the content (the announcements) to the other instalation too so i don’t need to type in all the announcements again?

Is there a file which stores all the text i can copy in the plugin directory or smth like that?

This question is also good for when backing up…

36. Jevons
    March 5, 2011 at 3:18 pm #

You did a good job!

37. Tony
    March 22, 2011 at 11:32 am #

Nice, handy little widget.
    One little question –

When anyone registers on the site they can see and easily edit the scroller.

How can I disable this ?
    Tony

March 27, 2011 at 1:10 pm #

hi new version updated with security..

March 28, 2011 at 12:18 pm #

3.0 bug has been fixed.. please use 4.0

39. jim
    April 1, 2011 at 11:38 pm #

Can the order be reversed? I am assuming I can decrement a variable in a loop (rather than incrementing), but I keep “breaking” it.

40. Max
    April 2, 2011 at 11:08 pm #

Hello, your plugin – what I was searching, the only question is: How do so on the same page had two widgets with different announcements?
    Thanks, and forgive me for my english.

41. Samuel
    April 20, 2011 at 9:02 am #

Can someone please tell me the main difference between :

Announcement and vertical scroll news

and

Continuous announcement scroller

42. Samuel
    April 20, 2011 at 9:08 am #

Can someone please tell me the main difference between :

Announcement and vertical scroll news

Continuous announcement scroller

and

News Annoncement scrow

April 20, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

Announcement and vertical scroll news & News announcement scroll both same plugin. the second plugin automatically gone from wordpress directory so create same plugin with different name.

Continuous announcement scroller : in this plugin we can show more then 1 record at a time. this is not possible in the other plugin.

43. Samuel
    April 21, 2011 at 9:33 pm #

Thanks for the plugin.

How can I enter a message without a link.

After I enter the message, it requested “Please enter the link”

April 22, 2011 at 2:43 am #

Enter “#” in that link text box.

44. Samuel
    April 22, 2011 at 1:08 pm #

Thanks for your help.

In how to control the speed of the scroller text, you said this:

yes this is possible, in the plug-in js file find the line
    setTimeout(“cas_scroll();”, 10);
    setTimeout(“cas_scroll();”, 2000);
    and update that number to increase or decrease the speed of the scroll

Pls. in which order? do I need to change both 10 and 2000 to a lesser digit to decrese the speed? and should it be in the order of 10, 20, or can it be any digit number?

Thanks once again.

Samuel.

• Aaron
      October 18, 2012 at 12:48 am #

There are TWO timers running, the first with the smaller number determines how fast it scrolls up the screen. The value is in milliseconds and is currently set at 10. That means there is a 10 millisecond pause between each line slide. The second one is the pause it makes to read something after it scrolls to the next section. It is set at 2000 (2 seconds). The larger the number, the slower it will go.

You have to increase these values to increase the pause and the speed of the scroll itself. I changed this to 20 and 3000 and it works beautifully now. Now it is true smooth scroll and does not “jump” like before… Its on the blog page of my site if you want to see this change in action.

• Aaron
        October 18, 2012 at 12:50 am #

sorry, what I meant was when you increase these values, the pause between scrolls, and the rate at which it scrolls will be SLOWER. So the higher the values, the slower the pause and scroll speed.

45. rene
    May 5, 2011 at 5:27 am #

I am having a problem seeing my continuous announcement scroller…why can’t I see my content?

help!

May 5, 2011 at 5:30 am #

Can u tel me what error ur getting ???

46. PLR membership
    May 5, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

Nice! It’s so onerous search out good high quality data on the web right now from educated sources, it’s all wannabe’s and reused content with only a few exceptions. I hope you keep up the good work and I most likely be back to read extra of your posts in the future!

47. Rhys
    May 5, 2011 at 6:51 pm #

Great plugin dude. Just wish you could alter the speed and it didn’t appear as a link even if you use ‘#’.

48. Biplob
    May 5, 2011 at 9:05 pm #

May 6, 2011 at 1:17 am #

This is possible.. but u have to do some small code changes in the PHP file.. Just read the file URL based on the file url u retrieve the announcement from DB. Example in the website each page am displaying only one widget.

• kari
        April 10, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

Gopi, can you explain theis in more detail please? I’d also like to display the scroller with different content on different pages. Can you share the php code we need to change please?

thanks for the great plugins!

49. Sunil
    May 18, 2011 at 8:11 am #

Nice plugin. I need to available this plugin settings to editor user, but it is not available when I am login through editor user. Is there anyway to change this option?

50. Killer
    May 18, 2011 at 7:20 pm #

Is it possible to use this plugin/widget for an entire page? I want to set this up so that it will scroll the announcements for the entire page and not as a sidebar. This will be used on a large dontated HDTV to scroll school announcements. I know it probably is I just need to be shown how to accomplish it. Any takers?

May 19, 2011 at 1:23 am #

At present only sidebar option available . in the next version we ll implement the page short code.

• Vikas Jain
      May 25, 2011 at 11:47 am #

Have you got the solution, if yes then please also let me know

51. Vikas Jain
    May 25, 2011 at 11:46 am #

Can i put this News Scroller in a WP-Page, I have lots of page but i want to show in Only one page.Pls tell me how can i done this thing

May 25, 2011 at 11:52 am #

No at present this support only widget, in the next version ill try to add short code………

52. VS
    June 13, 2011 at 5:06 pm #

When are you planning to release the next version with the short-code?

53. Bill
    June 17, 2011 at 6:37 am #

I know you answered this question above on Feb 16th but I’m fairly new to php. I can find the line where the ‘target=blank’ is to be inserted to but the code in the version I have is much longer than what is written in the Feb response. No matter where I put the target code I either get an error or the scrolling freezes. Can you please just write of the full line code so that I can just copy and paste in the new code and finally get it to work. This is a great plugin and is really a strong attraction on my website. Thanks

54. Bill
    June 17, 2011 at 7:20 am #

PS I’m using Continuous Announcement v5.0

55. Tim
    July 18, 2011 at 7:42 am #

Thanks for a great plugin – when do you plan on a new version with random display order feature?

56. Tom
    July 19, 2011 at 2:06 am #

Hi Gopi – I’m evaluating your plugin as I build a client site. I like a lot of things about it. But I need to use it in more than one type of sidebar on the site. When I drag it into a categories sidebar, for example, it is no longer available to slide into a pages or other sidebar. Is there a way to deploy it in multiple sidebars? Thanks for your help.

57. Luis
    July 20, 2011 at 1:33 am #

Our site is running wordpress 3.1.3 and using the Continuous announcement scroller plugin and is working perfectly, except that I can’t add new content to the scroller. We already have 5 links, using order 1,5,6,7,8 (created by a previous administrator), but when I try after insert message do not get anything (using order 2,3, 9 without sucess.

What could be the issue.

58. Stacy
    July 23, 2011 at 2:39 pm #

Just a suggestion. Background and timer options aren’t usually referenced in the description of these plugins. Maybe ‘Multiple Category Selection Widget’ plugin with cats for features can also help users here scout the right scroller : )

59. Tom
    July 26, 2011 at 2:37 am #

Hi Gopi, two things now:
    1. Your plugin appears with no sidebar background or border, and I see no way to set a background or border. Please note that my theme has several ways to set a background or box, but not when the widget can’t be placed within a text widget. How do I accomplish this? The site: http://www.thomaswatsonconsulting.com/gosdentodd/raving-realtors
    2. any answer on my question from July 19?

Thanks for any timely help you can provide.

July 26, 2011 at 3:26 am #

Answer for July 19 Q : am check that option, at present problem is if we add more then 1 scroller in the same page it gets conflict.

Answer for this Q : Try to add the HTML content in the announcement
      ex: if you want diff font color ,

<DIV style=’background-color:#00ff00;’ >
      Your content here.
      </DIV>

60. wanderer
    July 27, 2011 at 1:13 pm #

Just to say have been looking for a plugin that provides a news update for ages. Really appreciate it and will donate now.
    I would like to change the colour of the fonts but have no code experience. Any help many thanks

61. ollyancap
    July 29, 2011 at 4:35 pm #

Hi just installed RSS Scroller and it is brilliant! Spare one issue. I seem to be having trouble styling it. Been trying to give it a background image and it’s not playing game.

62. Luis
    August 3, 2011 at 5:20 pm #

Our site is running wordpress 3.1.3 and using the Continuous announcement scroller plugin and is working perfectly, except that I can’t add new content to the scroller. We have 5 links, using order 1,5,6,7,8 (created by a previous administrator), but when I try to insert a message don’t get anything (using order 2,3,4,9… I deleted one of the entries and still can’t add new content. Also check the settings and the Enter max number of record to scroll: is set to 20

What could be the issue?

63. image on pginlu
    August 5, 2011 at 11:27 am #

hi, can we put an image on the box?

August 5, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

use information reel plugin..

64. Oren
    August 8, 2011 at 6:26 pm #

hi.
    how can i change the font size ?

August 9, 2011 at 1:53 am #

U can add the HTML content…

65. trish
    September 7, 2011 at 7:10 pm #

Thanks so much for this great plug in. I have it installed, formatted and running just fine. I would like to slow down the pace of the scroll. Can you provide some guidance on how to do this.

66. عمران
    September 17, 2011 at 8:57 pm #

Dear Admin first of all I am really thankful to you for this great plug in. I just have gone through all the comments and read the way to add a blank target but still unable to that with this tag “$cas_post_title”. If you don’t mind please give the correct syntax and where should I change it.

Waiting for your reply

67. oma
    September 23, 2011 at 9:02 am #

Where to add HTML content to change the color of the font. please specify.

68. altaf
    September 27, 2011 at 3:12 pm #

i want to add text in urdu language can you please tell me how can i do that using this plugin?

69. sajid
    September 30, 2011 at 11:07 am #

First of all thanks for the great plugin.
    i have not the issue but requirement, i want to give privilege to editor to add delete and edit news as well as the administrator.

hope u reply soon.

70. ps8
    October 12, 2011 at 11:08 pm #

Hi, I have used this on my other website however recently I wanted to use this on my current website and it shows up in firefox but cannot be seen in chrome or IE for some reason. What should I do? I have cleaned the browser cache and history and all that but nothing works.

71. Gene
    October 21, 2011 at 8:19 pm #

Like many I like the plugin but it goes too fast to be useful. I think I figured out how to slow it down.

To slow down the scroll go into Plugins —> Editor and go to

“continuous-announcement-scroller/continuous-announcement-scroller.js ”

Last line says:

“setTimeout(“cas_scroll();”, 2000);”

I changed it to 4000 and it has slowed down to an acceptable speed.

Good luck.

72. gaurav
    October 22, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

can i manage the time delay between diffrent news??

can i make the news stop when the visitor brings the cursor on the news and make the news moving again when visitor takes off the cursor from the news??

reply me its urgent

73. CJ
    November 6, 2011 at 8:10 pm #

re: Changing colors in the text …
    1. These plugins are an extraordinary collection – and I am so grateful that you are offering them to the public. Thank you!

2. Criticism. references to the changing the colors in the continuous scroll text above. Oh gosh. Awful. I am a pretty smart guy and I am indeed more confused than ever. I know we may seem ungrateful for asking for coherent comments and responses (and documentation) from someone giving away such plugins for free! But really! You just keep repeating the cryptic “add html” to the text without EVER giving one example. Directing us to the demo on the right-side is NOT an example of HOW to do it.
    It is not straightforward. I personally have tried to add HTML to the lines in the ticker, and it does not always end up the way I would expect.
    so … are you adding code like message text or
    etc
    or something else.
    since there are several asking about this, why not merely post the text/code in the example …. so we can see for ourselves which syntax works best. Just paste in here … this is even easier than merely repeating “add html”,

74. CJ
    November 6, 2011 at 8:15 pm #

revision to the above (apparently HTML code is interpreted – thus the second half of my message seems meaningless:
    REVISED:

re: Changing colors in the text …

so … are you adding code like message text or

etc
    or something else.

75. Mia
    November 13, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

I am trying to remove the underlines on the words in scrolling text. I tried in the text box and “#” in the link box. But neither worked. Please help.

76. Maneesh
    November 19, 2011 at 4:48 pm #

Hai,
    How can we pause the scrolling text while we keep mouse over the text?

77. Canada Goose Baby
    November 20, 2011 at 7:04 pm #

Alright, that is a great starting point having said that i am going to look at that the bit much more. Will show you just what exactly more there may be.

78. Canada Goose Gloves
    November 20, 2011 at 7:15 pm #

Well done with regard to placing a proper practical website. Your websites isn’t mainly educational but additionally really aesthetic very. Right now there are usually extremely many individuals that can easily compose less than straightforward articles of which wonderfully. Keep outstanding composing !!

79. Adrian
    November 23, 2011 at 4:03 am #

How can I adjust the width of the widget?

80. marie
    December 12, 2011 at 2:47 am #

I just installed this on the latest wp. I add the php code and so far the “scrolling” does not work. It would work only if I put the code both on the page and sidebar… Any, ideas? Is there a shortcode? like the one with your news announcement scroll? Thanks

81. Rajesh
    January 4, 2012 at 9:50 am #

awesome plugin,. thanks for making it..

82. Jenna
    January 31, 2012 at 7:48 pm #

Thank you for the plugin…It’s the best I’ve seen for scrolling text and how I’d like to use it on my website.

One question that I do not see answered above is:

How do I remove the link underline? I’ve used the # suggestion in the link box, but can not figure out how to remove the underline.

Thank you in advance!

83. Kevin
    February 6, 2012 at 10:58 pm #

What if I didn’t sbrucbised to the newsletter and I check sbrucbised to newsletter? That will give me more points even if I don’t deserve them?

84. Jeff
    February 13, 2012 at 2:39 am #

I plan to use this to display 1 item at a time, it’s an entire paragraph for each item.. Is there a way to increase the time each item is displayed (I need more time to ready the entire paragraph)

Thanks !

85. Oblivion
    February 18, 2012 at 3:09 pm #

Any chance of this having roles set to it? So that editors can add items to this, instead of just admins?

86. Sharon Jackson
    February 28, 2012 at 11:42 pm #

Is there a way to make the links open in a new window?

87. Ryan
    March 6, 2012 at 10:01 am #

Looks great but wordpress says it hasn’t been updated in over a year.. That’s way too long of a time to blindly trust that no exploits or vulnerabilities have arising during that time. womp womp womp

88. A
    March 8, 2012 at 7:38 am #

Is is possible to style the individual news annoucement items, like font size, font family…

• A
      March 8, 2012 at 7:48 am #

Ok, I found out to change the style, I just have to use inline CSS e.g. in the news message, BUT my problem now is I tried to enter:
      text-decoration:none; but that didn’t remove the underline and finally, how do I change the pseudo selector, I mean I don’t want it to be default purple when an item is visited, I want it to stay a certain color.

Let me know :)

89. Ferry
    March 11, 2012 at 10:57 am #

Great po;ug ins we love them.
    Is it possible with the continuous scroller to adjust the time for the messages to stay on before scroll so longer messages are easier to read?
    appreciate your answer

March 11, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

Open the JavaScript file and update the setTimeout value

91. Jerrica Blondell
    March 13, 2012 at 4:25 am #

First-class rod really it is. My boyfriend / girlfriend does offer been awfully looking along with statistics.

92. Naz
    March 19, 2012 at 3:21 am #

Hi there,

May i know if this can be used in sharepoint 2003?

if can, how to do that. thanks :)

93. Oren
    April 20, 2012 at 4:49 am #

Please,
    I tried both:

– News announcement scroll.
    – Continuous announcement scroller.

In this site:

Both doesn’t work well…
    Can you check it out please?

April 20, 2012 at 6:46 am #

Arrange your plugin height…

94. Ninad Chandoskar
    April 23, 2012 at 6:58 am #

This is an amazing plugin. Really appreciate it. Cheers developer! I have a query. When I hover at any of the message, the scrolling should stop. And again start scrolling as usual when I stop hovering. How can this be done? Thanks!

95. Bernice Ezell
    April 24, 2012 at 3:10 am #

How can I make an announcement stop if it is a long announcement so that you will have time to read it. The scrolling is a little too fast.

96. Steve
    May 2, 2012 at 8:33 pm #

Really like your widgets. I can’t seem to get the continuous announcement scroller to display the text. If you mouse over the In The News area. The text can be clicked on but it does not display. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks.

Steve

97. tracersa
    May 19, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

Not happy with the plugin at all! It seems all your plugins are nearly the same with a slight variation. What I would like to know is that isn’t it suppose to be ‘continuous’ ??but instead it ‘stops’ and it doesn’t even support ‘onmouseover’. I checked out a number of your plugins to find a continuously scrolling news one but no luck. I have already deactivated and looking for an alternative. but for your reference and future do consider these few things:

1) It should be ‘continuous’
    2) Should have mouseover stop property
    3) Should have more control such as controlling speed

May 19, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

Thanks for your comment, this plugin don’t have onmouseover stop option. you can try my news-announcement-scroll plugin.

• tracersa
        May 20, 2012 at 6:33 am #

Thank you for your reply. Yes I tried news-announcement-scroll plugin as well but it is almost same as this ‘continuous scroller’ plugin. The only difference I noticed is speed. I was looking for more of something along the 3 features I mentioned in my earlier comment but none of your plugins (I have tried nearly all of them) seems to offer them. So unfortunately I am looking for an alternative. But I must appreciate your efforts and keep up the good work.

98. Patrick
    June 1, 2012 at 11:34 am #

Very pleased with the popup, except sometimes when you change the content, and close wordpress it doen’t update en keeps the old data.

Is there a solution for this ?

Am i missing somethong here ?

Greetz

Patrick

99. dgo
    June 12, 2012 at 11:42 pm #

It will be helpful that you put a live demo in one of your sites.

100. Sam
    August 3, 2012 at 2:25 pm #

hi there thank you for the plugin, i was wondering why does the widget disappear once used in one sidebar. i have unlimited sidebars in my website and i was disappointed when i saw that the widget can be only used once in one sidebar and not in many sidebars. i hope im making sense.

am i missing anything ? is there a way the widget can be used in multiple sidebars?

SAM

101. Sam
    August 3, 2012 at 2:30 pm #

keep in mind im only looking to have the widget in different pages. im not looking to have it different places on one page. just different sidebars on different pages

August 3, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

Hi Sam,

We can use widget only once. there is no reusable widget in this plugin.

102. josel
    August 29, 2012 at 7:04 pm #

as I put it in the post??

103. Anne Swyers
    September 14, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

Thanks for an awesome widget! It really added a lot to our firm’s website!

104. raj
    September 17, 2012 at 2:14 pm #

urgent : i want to add this plug in to right side of the template of my site , plz give me replay quickly , alreday i used this code but its display right side of the template only thanks in advance

• Gopi
      September 18, 2012 at 4:36 am #

can you please post more information. not able to understand your problem..

105. skibiriti
    November 14, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

Hello

First I want to congratulate you and thank you for this wonderful plugin. I tested it and it works perfectly. My problem is that I use the theme “ieducation” that comes with its own Widgets. I want to move the scroll at the top of the page (Widgets) that I have to touch the code (File: sidebar.php) and I need the code to insert. Thank you in advance

December 15, 2012 at 4:59 am #

Hi skibiriti,

Please use the PHP code in header.php file.

106. skibiriti
    November 14, 2012 at 7:46 pm #

Re

Sorry I did not see the code, I just insert it and it works. Thank you very much for this plugin

107. Vishal
    November 18, 2012 at 8:35 am #

Thanks Gopi for the wonderful plugin,

is there a way I can increase number of links to appear in the scroller, currently its 3 links at a time also how can i increase the size of the block.

December 15, 2012 at 4:58 am #

Hi Vishal,

Option available in the admin.

108. Usman
    January 3, 2013 at 7:34 pm #

How it we use it on pages ?

109. Usman
    January 3, 2013 at 7:35 pm #

How can we use it on pages ?

110. John Fisher
    January 16, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

I am using Continuous Announcement Scroller and it works quite well. But I have a question.

When you click on a hyperlink it takes you straight out of the website. Is there a way to open the link in another tab instead?

John

• Mike
      March 18, 2013 at 10:35 pm #

I would like to know this also

111. Bec
    February 24, 2013 at 2:48 am #

Is there a way to slow down the rotation scroll?

• SharonJ
      April 17, 2013 at 5:19 pm #

I make the scroller height 45 or 50 so it takes longer to scroll. Hope that helps

112. harish
    March 27, 2013 at 4:18 pm #

Please show me demo how to chant tex color of content of news….all say for this but i can’t do .. tell me cleare how to change like yr main demo….
    thx

113. harish
    March 27, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

how to change color

114. SharonJ
    April 17, 2013 at 5:20 pm #

Is there a way to make the link open in a new window target=”_blank”?

115. sac longchamp pliage
    April 26, 2013 at 7:13 am #

The Solo have been deemed the state PC video gaming headset involving MLG (Important League Game).

116. Uta
    May 1, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

Exceptional information and facts, I’m genuinely impressed. Astonished even! I stumbled upon your website on page 7 in the big g. Strange, because your site very easily trumps almost all of the pages before it. What in the world is happening to the big g…. it is not nearly as solid as it was in the past.

117. Taryn
    June 3, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

For some reason my announcements are all overlapping. I tried increasing and decreasing the scroller height but nothing seems to be working. Any clue what I can change to fix this?

118. Paul
    June 5, 2013 at 5:54 pm #

How can I change the speed of Continuous Announcement Scroller?

119. Rozina
    July 19, 2013 at 7:04 am #

If i want to scroll more than 1 announcements,then what do i need to do?
    Please do needful.