Fancy Image Show

Fancy Image Show WordPress plugin is a simple image rotation plugin. The image rotation happens with five different fancy effects, so it is named fancy image show. We can create many galleries in the same posts and pages. In the admin we have option to enter the image folder location.

See the fancy image show live demo below. In the sidebar you can see all my WordPress plugin. many different slideshow plugin available in the sidebar.

Available fancy effect

• Zipper Effect
  • Wave Effect
  • Curtain Effect
  • Fountain Top Effect
  • Random Top Effect

Live Demo 1

600x400 3 Fancy Image Show600x400 2 Fancy Image Show600x400 1 Fancy Image Show

How to configure the plugin?

First upload and activate the plugin (See the Installation instruction below).

Configuration Option 1:

Drag and Drop the Widget : Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop Fancy Image Show widget into your side bar. its very easy.

Configuration Option 2:

Add the gallery in the Posts or Pages: Copy and paste the given short code into pages or posts. short code available below

Configuration Option 3:

Add directly in the theme:

From version 1.0 to 6.0

<?php if (function_exists (FancyImgShow)) FancyImgShow(); ?>

From version 6.1 onwards

<?php FancyImg( $gallery = "GALLERY1" ); ?>

Q1. I installed the plugin but can’t see it. What’s wrong?

Ans: Make sure the directory name is entered correctly on the admin page(Enter as per the example).

Q2. Where to upload my image?

Ans: wp-content/plugins/fancy-image-show/gallery1/
Also you can change the location via widget configuration. (Best practice is don’t upload your original image into this default folder instead you change this default path to original path)

Q3. Why my image gallery out of range?

Make sure all images in the folder are in same size. this should equal to your gallery width & height.

Q4. How the slide show manages the order?

Ans: The file names are returned in the order in which they are stored by the file system.

Live demo 2

600x400 5 Fancy Image Show600x400 4 Fancy Image Show600x400 6 Fancy Image Show

Plugin short code

[fancy-img-show gallery=”GALLERY1″]

GALLERY1 : This is name of your gallery (Option available in the admin)

Admin screen

screenshot 1 Fancy Image Show

94 Responses to“Fancy Image Show”

1. Bernadette
    November 8, 2011 at 12:57 am #

I love this plugin but why can’t I rename it? I want to call it My Latest Products, not Fancy Image Show.

2. Blake
    November 9, 2011 at 4:07 pm #

Is there a way to hyperlink the pictures in the Fancy Image Show?

March 4, 2012 at 1:11 pm #

at present no option…

3. Arun Sengupta
    November 9, 2011 at 7:38 pm #

Niceeee… I was trying to find something like this… and this is just perfect :)
    Thanx

4. Paul R
    November 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

If I use the short code to insert this gallery on a page, does anyone know how to enable text to wrap around it?

Right now, the plugin just shows whitespace to the right of the image and interrupts the flow of text.

March 4, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

Use HTML table to add the slideshow

• lisi
        March 27, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

This doesn’t seem to work with the shortcode.. Any way around this?

5. Paul R
    November 12, 2011 at 9:07 pm #

@Bernadette:

To change the text above the gallery, click “EDITOR” under Plugins menu bar section.

Then, select the Fancy Image Viewer plugin to edit.

Finally, you make sure the fancy-image-show/fancy-image-show.php file is being edited. Scroll down the text until you find add_option(‘FancyImg_Title’, “Fancy Image Show”); and add your text instead of fancy image show.

Save the file, and refresh the page to see your changes!

6. Marco VDB-IT
    November 16, 2011 at 9:44 pm #

@Bernadette & Paul R

After you have tried the plug-in one time, the code will not come across the setting of the Title ‘Fancy Image Show’

So you can change the title as Paul suggests, but this will not change the title.

To fix this, use this line of code:
    1 edit the file ‘fancy-image-show.php’
    2 find the line:
    define(“WP_FANCYIMGSHOW_TABLE”, $wpdb->prefix . “FancyImg_plugin”);
    3 Below that line, insert this line:
    { update_option(‘FancyImg_Title’, “My New Fancy Text”); }
    4 Save the file.

After you have change the title.

7. Mike J
    November 23, 2011 at 4:16 am #

“Great, thanks for sharing this article post.Really thank you! Really Cool.”

8. Julie
    November 23, 2011 at 7:33 am #

Exactly what I’ve been looking for:
    – Very simple settings
    – Multi galleries on one page
    – No PHP necessary, only a plugin short code.

BUT I have a suggestion to make it PERFECT: maybe that Fancy Image Show could give a less fancy transition effect option, like “fade”.

Would be the perfect match for me.

Thanks for that cool plugin.

9. lance belew
    December 1, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

program is great!! easy to use. i would like to see one enhancement which would be to allow pgm to auto resize photos.

March 4, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

this is possible, but page loading take more time..

10. Jon Ewell
    December 5, 2011 at 8:04 pm #

Hi this is working great but my friend who own the site doesn’t like the fancy transitions. Is there a way to make a standard fade? I’ve tried adjusted the timing using the wave setting but it still doesn’t work very well for them. Nice plug-in!

March 4, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

There is lots of slideshow plugin available in this website, checkout my sidebar..

11. oktata.com
    December 6, 2011 at 6:03 pm #

The demo looks great, will try for sure!!

12. Muji
    December 15, 2011 at 11:32 pm #

Hi there, very nice plugin. Simple question, how to rename Widget Title instead of Fancy Image Show. I tried to edit on add_option(‘FancyImg_Title’, “Fancy Image Show”); didn’t work and I tried to insert { update_option(‘FancyImg_Title’, “My New Fancy Text”); } as per Marco VDB-IT info cause fatal error.

13. Muji
    December 15, 2011 at 11:40 pm #

@ Marco VDB_IT

This is the error message when I insert { update_option(‘FancyImg_Title’, “My New Fancy Text”); } below define(“WP_FANCYIMGSHOW_TABLE”, $wpdb->prefix . “FancyImg_plugin”);

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/indocru1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/fancy-image-show/fancy-image-show.php on line 34

can you help me?

14. joyce
    December 19, 2011 at 1:06 am #

@ Muji

When you insert the line, be sure to change the quotation marks ( ‘ ) & ( ” ), the ones you get when you copy and paste (those “curly” quotes) cause the error.

Also, delete the brackets { }.

15. Macisto
    December 19, 2011 at 4:42 pm #

Hi, your plugins it’s wonderful but i need to manage more galleries, nine are few. Can you help me?

16. Manu25360
    January 3, 2012 at 9:53 am #

I’ll just put your wonderfull plugin in a website I’m make but I don’t know how to center the animation on the page.

I anyone can indicate me how to do ?

The website url is : http://peintures-sculptures-chamaniques-didier-figent.fr/

I need your help thanks

17. Doug
    January 4, 2012 at 6:45 pm #

How do you get to the admin from the screen shot above, how do you disable Gallery 2.

18. Bryan Hinerdeer
    January 12, 2012 at 4:50 pm #

Thanks so much for this plugin, I love it! One question. I am using the code: to plug this directly into some pages I created manually (not through wordpress) This defaults to gallery 1. is there a way to have multiple galleries using this code?

thanks again,

bryan

19. SALEH
    January 23, 2012 at 4:08 am #

Great work!!! How can add one this widget to sidebar on only page and not on all the pages.

March 4, 2012 at 1:10 pm #

I dont know how others do this, but normally i add the above php code in the sidebar.php file and set IF condition for particular page.

20. Rob Bernstein
    February 3, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

HI. Thanks for a great plugin.

My problem is that the jquery clashes with other plugins that I use – how do I resolve this?

Thks

21. jessyd
    February 22, 2012 at 3:01 am #

Hi, I’m using your Fancy image show plugin with Random image set to No and the images are still out of order eventhough they are named 1-1.jpg,1-2.jpg, 2-1.jpg, 2-2.jpg etc so the file system would order them.

Any suggestions why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance!

March 4, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

if no for random display, it ll display file system order.

• Bert
        August 20, 2012 at 10:14 am #

I have the same problem. I tried different things; I did rename the files, I copied them with time difference… but the sequence is not in the wanted order. How to do this? How to manipulate the ‘file system order’?

22. Joe
    February 24, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

This is great except the transitions are so tacky that the product is unusable. Fade and fade time is all anyone n eeds. The people who u will say like this plugin or “who have no complaints” are stupid morons. Why would you leave fade out as a transition? frustrating that talent like yours is wasted.

March 4, 2012 at 1:06 pm #

i hope all other enjoy this effect…

23. Cadhlar
    March 1, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

I like what I see up to now. Just trying to add my own images, but looking at all the questions, there are no answers coming….
    This could be a big problem if there is no support to all these above :(

• a-man
      May 27, 2012 at 1:49 pm #

you can place youre own file of images in the plugin itself angd call it “GALLERY#” for exa’
      and then you need to delete all the not nessesery others

24. Bob
    March 2, 2012 at 7:35 pm #

Perfect for my needs — a very elegant and user-friendly interface. Simple short code – thank you.

@Joe — are you a sock puppet for a competitor?

25. Carl French
    March 15, 2012 at 6:10 pm #

It’s been running great for weeks but suddenly it’s showing the images in a stack one above the other on the screen.
    Can’t relate it to a specific change. Any suggestions?

26. Mayis
    March 24, 2012 at 1:44 am #

I’m trying to center my gallery in the page but can’t seem to do it. Could you help me pls?

Thanks ;)

27. Dave Parks
    March 24, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

How can I use Fancy Image Show in a widget please?

28. lisi
    March 27, 2012 at 8:07 pm #

Trying to get the text to wrap around the slide show, but cannot seem to do it. Tried to insert a table as suggested, but it doesnt seem to read the shortcode within the table.

Any other suggestions?

Great plugin, other than this minor hiccup?

29. mitja
    March 27, 2012 at 8:08 pm #

Hello!

You got really nice plugins here :) Great work :) I Just don’t understand why your demo in as I would like to have. So question is why when all pictures goes around first time then in one image is like six same image and so on? Hope you understand what I tried to explain.

People donate some money. I will :)

March 28, 2012 at 1:11 am #

Still am not able to understand.. can you pls give more info.

30. mitja
    March 28, 2012 at 9:07 am #

check http://www.brezplacnaspletnastran.net/

Size of image is not OK but this is not a problem. Look to the slide show. There are three images display in slide show. After slide show display this 3 images then strats to diplay like six of more of same image in one image…if you look the link and wait a for a few second you will understand what I tried to explain…

31. Ahrale
    April 4, 2012 at 9:07 am #

Hi.
    Very nice, but few very basic options are missing on settings, Like align left/center/right, custom gallery name, & ability to choose photos from WordPress Media with auto size proportions.
    Thank you for all nice work & efforts :)

32. eshaver
    April 12, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

Love this plug in but can’t get it centered on page in wordpress. Did anyone figure this out or can someone tell me how?

33. Jeremy Cote
    April 22, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

how come it doesn’t have a fade option

34. Rhonda
    April 29, 2012 at 11:06 pm #

I have the images in the correct folder (i.e., http://www.choicemdky.com/wp-content/plugins/fancy-image-show/gallery1/1.png), short code on the Overview page, [FANCY-IMG-SHOW:GALLERY1], yet nothing is showing up. What else might be wrong? Thanks.

35. Marc
    May 11, 2012 at 1:36 pm #

How can I center the slide show ?

If I can, I will acheive what my friend ask me

May 11, 2012 at 2:09 pm #

You can use table structure in the pages and posts.

• AST
        May 19, 2012 at 5:41 am #

I am new to Wp… could you please give a little more details on how to position FANCY-IMG-SHOW:GALLERY1 in the center using the table strucure.

• AST
          May 19, 2012 at 7:35 am #

Oh.. one more thing ..I noted that i can only dimply jpeg images, but not .png. I would have prefer .png as i can save .png with clear background.

thanks again.

AST

36. Roopag
    May 11, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

The plugin would be perfect if it can also display a caption with each picture.when i load the pics in the gallery i have an option to enter the caption for each picture.why can’t it be displayed along with the pictures as the information is already there in the gallery.

37. BLANCA
    May 14, 2012 at 1:28 am #

CANT RENAME IT :-S HELP

38. Jon
    May 14, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

I wanted to use this plugin to display random images in my header, but the random function does NOT work. The images display in the same order each time the page is refreshed, regardless of whether I set the Random Image Display parameter to YES or NO. So, it’s broken — and I have to move on to a different plugin.

39. NightTrader
    May 23, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

Hi, I setup the plugin, but I only see a quick flash of the first image and then it is gone. Am I doing something wrong?

40. Mike Butler
    May 30, 2012 at 8:21 pm #

Hi. I just installed your great plugin.

One problem that I’m having is that it is only showing 2 of the six images that I have in gallery1.

Could you tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks so much.

41. Sal
    May 31, 2012 at 2:08 am #

Gopi,

Such nice and elegant pluggin! I’m now fan of your WP contributions. I’ts really simple and easy and all fancy transitions improve any site.

I love how it is working on my site, but I found something weird: Slide doesn’t load at first time, I need to reload the page in order to see images. this happens everytime I visit the page I have with this slideshow.

Any idea would be apreciated,

Thnks!

42. Surj
    June 4, 2012 at 6:47 pm #

Can you tell me how I can get this working on the home page of a WordPress theme (small biz). The short code works fine on any other WordPress page but just not on the home page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Surj

43. AST
    June 11, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

Hi Gopi

I recently updated this plugin. Noted that the plugin is not visible in my list of available widgets.

AST

44. Rich
    June 12, 2012 at 1:15 am #

Hey Gopi,

Your new version 4.0 does not work within the Weaver 2.2.8 Theme. Version 3.0 worked just fine and 4.0 works if I use the Twenty Eleven theme. Under Weaver, rather than cycling through the images they are just tiled. Please let me know if/when you resolve this. As for now must revert to 3.0

Rich

June 12, 2012 at 1:20 am #

Am not sure about “Weaver” theme, i ll check and post soon..

45. Joniel
    June 13, 2012 at 7:03 am #

Hi, i have a problem with mine. I would like to change the title fancy image show to Photo Gallery. I followed the instruction above but it won’t work. thanks

46. Terry Majamaki
    June 15, 2012 at 9:00 pm #

Hello, I love this plugin and I was going to use it on a new site I’m developing. However the latest update you made to version 4.0 killed all the Javascript functions on my site. So I had to deactivate it.

I’m using this theme, Eventor: http://themeforest.net/item/eventor-event-management-wordpress-theme/2437242?WT.ac=search_thumb&WT.seg_1=search_thumb&WT.z_author=themeskingdom

I’m sure it was a conflict that broke all the JS on the page, however I don’t know specifically the cause. If there is anyway to fix it that would be great, otherwise I need to find another slideshow plugin.

Thanks for your help.

47. Terry Majamaki
    June 15, 2012 at 9:01 pm #

One thought. I suppose one option is going back to the previous version, is there someplace I can download it?

June 16, 2012 at 1:38 am #

i will upload the previous version soon.. and can you give the download link for your theme “Eventor”. bcos i i have tested the version 4.0 in all default there and not found any issue. if possible pls send your theme download link using my contact form.

48. Luiz Gustavo
    July 2, 2012 at 11:35 pm #

Hello, i want know, how i put the image in full size.For example: 1 picture to each slide.

Thank u !!

49. Tomer
    August 2, 2012 at 5:51 am #

hi,

can I use it to show slides from facebook album (public page)?

regards,
    Tomer.

August 2, 2012 at 6:03 am #

Hi Tomer,

At present no option, but let me know your requirements. so we can create new plugin.

50. Nic
    August 2, 2012 at 7:15 am #

How do I get the show to be central on my page rather than over on the left?

51. Bert
    August 21, 2012 at 5:07 pm #

I have trouble getting the pictures in a specific order. I tried different things; I did rename the files, I copied them with time difference… but the sequence is not in the wanted order. How to do this? How to manipulate the ‘file system order’?

52. Imokhai Joseph
    August 23, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

I want use more than 9 galleries but there is only space for 9. What do I do to add more than 9.

53. Rohit Roy
    September 18, 2012 at 5:07 pm #

Awesome Plugin ………..

Thanks Gopi Ramasamy For this plugin……..:D

54. John
    September 27, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

The random image display doesn’t work yes/no choice doesn’t make a difference

55. angieO
    October 9, 2012 at 7:34 pm #

Really liking this one,
    I am using the widget for one widget area, but now it’s not showing up in the widget area anymore. Can we only use it one time??!

56. Gary
    October 27, 2012 at 6:54 pm #

Thanks for this plugin. It seems like a great idea, however, i can not get it to save data in the settings page. Every time I click on insert message the form clears itself. There is no “save” button. I am sure it’s just something dumb that I’m missing.
    I am using adventure journal theme and the latest version of wordpress. The shortcode is on the page I want to use it on, and the images are in the gallery1 folder. But it won’t save data on the settings page. Any clue what I am missing here? Thanks for any help.

• Gary
      October 27, 2012 at 8:13 pm #

This is interesting. I added your horizontal carousel image slideshow and it does the exact same thing. When I try to save data in the settings page it just clears the form. The carousel works but does not display any of my images. It does display the first image which is from your website. What am I missing here?
      Any help would be greatly appreciated because at this point I can’t figure it out. It’s probably a simple thing somewhere that i am overlooking. Thanks

57. Colin
    November 17, 2012 at 1:20 pm #

How do I find the admin screen?

58. Colin
    November 17, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

Found it – in settings :-)

59. Carlos
    December 7, 2012 at 10:26 pm #

It looks like my plugin got hacked. I looked at my site and I had an extra gallery created and new images replacing my old. I was using Gallery1 though.
    How can I prevent this from happening again?
    Carlos

December 8, 2012 at 2:24 am #

Hi Carlos,

When ever you update the plugin, it update all the file in the plugin folder. so don’t upload your images in to plugin folder.

60. Kim
    December 10, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

Is there a way to add more than 20 galleries?

61. Roger
    December 11, 2012 at 1:31 am #

We have the plugin setup and ran the update recently, and now shows multiple versions of the gallery photos we had setup. Smaller versions of the same photo with multiple layouts of 12 photos etc. This is on our homepage, please help.

We just want this to be a clean gallery of about 6 images that rotate and would like to also get your setup you have for the above demo 2 as well, since that is perfect for our needs.

62. Dude
    December 11, 2012 at 4:18 am #

I cannot enter a width greater than 999 Could you please fix this so I can enter a 4 digit number like 1024 or 1200…thanks or tell me where I can change the code.

Can you please add a fade from one pic to another on the next version.

Great plugin, very easy to work with.

• Dude
      December 11, 2012 at 4:20 am #

sorry forgot to add the version. I have Version 6.1

• Dude
        December 11, 2012 at 4:30 am #

I found it…
        go to plugins
        edit fancy-image-show/image-management.php

fine the line
        <input name="FancyImg_Width" type="text" id="FancyImg_Width" value="” maxlength=”3″ /> (Ex: 250)

Change:
        maxlength=”3″ to maxlength=”4″

do now reads
        <input name="FancyImg_Width" type="text" id="FancyImg_Width" value="” maxlength=”4″ /> (Ex: 250)

63. Joris Van Vooren
    December 15, 2012 at 11:42 pm #

It does not seem to work with multiple site WP installation

64. ken
    January 8, 2013 at 1:47 am #

The picture gallery shows up and there are transitions but on top of the pictures, there is an error code:

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(..) is not within the allowed path(s): (D:\Inetpub\vhosts\****.com\httpdocs\) in D:\Inetpub\vhosts\****.com\httpdocs\wp-content\plugins\fancy-image-show\fancy-image-show.php on line 112

If disable that line 112 code, it doesn’t show any pictures anymore.

Please help!

65. Scott
    January 24, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

Any suggestions for scaling down the size of the images for iPad? The slideshow looks good on my website and iPhone but overlaps my sidebar on the iPad.

66. Fernando
    February 10, 2013 at 11:39 pm #

A very simple question, since I can not find the answer. I wish to let act your nice plugin as a background imaging in my theme. In your help info it is said that a short code can be added in my theme. The problem I have is that I do not know in which file should it be added.

Thanks for the answer in advance

67. Lennart Bonnevier
    February 12, 2013 at 11:15 pm #

I found a problem in Fancy Image Show, in that it did not work when I moved WordPress to its own subdirectory (as opposed to having it in the site root). The ‘is_dir()’ call failed.

My fix was to edit two calls – is_dir() and opendir() – and use the installation directory (ABSPATH) rather than the site_url. See diff below. It works for me, but I wouldn’t say that this is necessarily the only or best solution.

Regards
    Lennart Bonnevier

106c106
    if(is_dir($FancyImg_Extra1))

108c108
    $f_dirHandle = opendir($FancyImg_Extra1);

68. Vetrivel
    February 19, 2013 at 11:10 am #

I am using wordpress 3.5.1 version. I am facing a problem for image show one by one it does not randomly display.

Regards,
    Vetrivel.E

69. Pawan
    February 24, 2013 at 7:57 am #

That is very awesome plugin.

70. CA
    February 28, 2013 at 5:42 pm #

Great plugin! Why doesn’t it work with Widget Logic?

71. zitoprod
    June 5, 2013 at 10:17 am #

the plugin does not provide alignment of the image in the sidebar.
    Thank you kindly advise me how to proceed.

72. Claudio Lessa
    July 4, 2013 at 12:48 pm #

Hi! I’ve been using your excellent plugin frequently on my blog. However, I can’t seem to make the pictures smaller. Therefore, the sequence goes over other text (on the sidebar). How do I make the show a little smaller? Thanks for the hint!

73. Claudio Lessa
    July 4, 2013 at 1:22 pm #

Please, never mind. I found a way of setting the correct size. Thanks!