Jquery Accordion Slideshow Plugin

Jquery Accordion Slideshow is another slideshow plugin for Word Press with accordion effect using famous JQuery JavaScript. Using this word press plugin we can easily create horizontal accordion slideshow. We can customize the timeout between the slides and trigger option.

What is Accordion? Accordion is a web control that allows you to provide multiple panes and display them one at a time. It is like having several collapsible panels where only one can be expanded at a time. See the plugin Live Demo below.

Live Demo

• 1 Jquery Accordion Slideshow Plugin
  • 2 Jquery Accordion Slideshow Plugin
  • 3 Jquery Accordion Slideshow Plugin
  • 4 Jquery Accordion Slideshow Plugin
  • 5 Jquery Accordion Slideshow Plugin

Facility of this plugin

1. Option to set timeout between slide.
  2. Pause on hover.
  3. Option to set With/Height.

How to add gallery in the Posts or Pages? Copy and paste the given short code into pages or posts. Short code available below

[jquery-accordion gallery="GALLERY1"]

In the short code, GALLERY1 is the name of the gallery. This option available in the plugin admin page.

• Download the plugin jquery-accordion-slideshow.zip from download location.
  • Go to add new menu under plugins tab in your word-press admin.
  • Upload the available jquery-accordion-slideshow.zip file and click install now.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. How to upload my image?

After activated the plugin in default it will fetch images from the below location.

wp-content/plugins/jquery-accordion-slideshow/gallery1/

You have to change this folder location to your original location. (Best practice is don’t upload your original images into this default folder instead you change this default path to original path

Q2. I can’t see my images in the front end?

Make sure the directory name is entered correctly on the admin page. And don’t forgot the last slash (i.e. the folder path must end with slash)

Q3. Where is this plugin admin option?

Go to Administration → Setting Menu → Jquery accordion slideshow

Q4. Is this plugin uses the JQuery script?

Yes, this plugin have separate JQuery script to render the slideshow in the page.

Admin Screen

screenshot 2 Jquery Accordion Slideshow Plugin

Download Location

61 Responses to“Jquery Accordion Slideshow Plugin”

December 23, 2011 at 2:56 pm #

Plugin Short Code

[jquery-accordion gallery="GALLERY1"]

2. wp answers discount
    December 26, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

very nice plugin….

3. bkusuma
    December 29, 2011 at 2:17 am #

what code changes do i make to make the accordion vertical instead of horizontal?

4. SEFA AYDIN
    January 9, 2012 at 11:25 am #

So how can I add code to my wordpress template?

For example;

or

5. SEFA AYDIN
    January 9, 2012 at 11:27 am #

For example;

or

6. SEFA AYDIN
    January 9, 2012 at 11:28 am #

php echo Jquery-accordion ()
    or
    php echo Jquery-accordion(gallery2)

• Zach Dyer
      September 25, 2012 at 2:12 am #

I tried this and it gave me the error “call to undefined function”.

• mike
        October 22, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

Me too. How do you add to template please?

7. Alex Jones
    January 11, 2012 at 10:44 am #

This internet site just created my week! I have been looking around for facts on this. I’m glad now that I ran across this webpage. Woohoo!

8. saqib khan
    February 14, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

hi i want to include this in my template how to do this?

9. Gaetan
    March 9, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

Nice extension! Can i flip the orientation horizontally: make it work from right to left instead of left to right? That would be great!

10. Lauren
    March 10, 2012 at 12:14 am #

When I test the example galleries, just the photos appear, no slideshow. Is there something off with my wordpress settings? Thanks for the help!

March 10, 2012 at 1:57 am #

Check the JQuery link.. may be JQuery conflict..

• MegLouise
        March 17, 2012 at 5:22 pm #

i’m new. i think i am having the same problem, but don’t know where/how to check the JQuery link.

11. Gaetan
    March 11, 2012 at 9:56 pm #

Hi there,

It is me again: Thanks for a free and nice plugin. Can i flip the orientation horizontally: make it work from right to left instead of left to right?

What part of the code should i be looking for?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thnx in advance

12. Gaetan
    March 11, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

Ah excuse me; i mean from the left to the right istead of right to left: that the clickable strokes are on the left (to begin with) instead of on the right. Excuse me for my bad english.

cheers

13. Susan
    March 12, 2012 at 6:10 pm #

How do I get my pics from the Media Library into separate galleries? I want to put an accordian slide show on several different show, but I’m stuck on this. Thank you.

14. MegLouise
    March 17, 2012 at 6:23 pm #

ok, still not getting this to work. the jquery-1.6.1.min.js is in my wp template header

15. Taha
    March 18, 2012 at 8:27 pm #

Can i add a link to each image ?

• Andrew
      November 15, 2012 at 9:53 pm #

Is this possible? How can we do it?

16. Jim
    March 29, 2012 at 5:24 pm #

This is how I got it to work in a template:

17. Jim
    March 29, 2012 at 5:24 pm #

echo JaS_Show_Filter_Callback(array(“x”,”GALLERY2″]));

18. Jim
    March 29, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

but without the extra ] near the end :)

19. Magda Degner
    April 6, 2012 at 1:50 pm #

I drop a comment every time I like a write-up on a web site or if I’ve some thing to useful to contribute towards the conversation. It is a outcome from the fire communicated within the post I browsed. And following reading this write-up I was really moved sufficient to drop a comment right here

20. Josey Wales
    May 18, 2012 at 8:33 pm #

I am having trouble with changing the order of the slides in the Slideshow. The gallery displays and works well, I simply cannot reorder them. I have the random option set to “no”.

I have labeled the images 1.jpg..7.jpg. Even when I rename them to the order I want, they appear in the same order.

May 19, 2012 at 1:27 am #

Set random display to YES..

21. Ken
    May 21, 2012 at 11:45 am #

Trying to use the slider, but all of the photos appear vertically on the page and the slider isn’t working. You mentioned to check the JQuery link. Not sure what you mean by that.

22. Ben
    May 28, 2012 at 11:30 pm #

Hello !

How can I place my pictures in the order that I want ?

23. Josey Wales
    May 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

I am experiencing conflicts with the WordPress plugin “the welcomizer” which is an animation pluggin on the WordPress site.

When both Jquery accordion slideshow and the welcomizer are activated at the same time the welcomizer works fine but your slideshows are disabled.

When only one of the plugins are activated they both work perfectly.

I have worked with the developer of the welcomizer and feel confident that he has done his best to eliminate conflicts.

Would it be possible to getthe Jquery accordion slideshow updated? It does appear that the way the new hooks are created and released I am expriencing these symptons.

To test for conflicts set up a simple Jquery accordion slideshow. Install the welcomizer and one of the examples – basic example 2 is good as it creates a constant movement of the WordPress logo.

Please help, Josey!

24. Deepak
    May 30, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

Should i place my images only under “wp-content/plugins/jquery-accordion-slideshow/..??
    I have placed my files under “wp-content/gallery/rathothsava-2012/ ” and m not able to c slide show in the front end.
    What might be the problem.??

May 30, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

Send me the link… check the view source and see the image paths are correct or not…

25. jongeman
    May 31, 2012 at 1:37 pm #

The images are appearing vertically, the slide is not horziontal and also not working, does somebody know what the problem is an much important: how I can solve it?
    the settings are the same as shownt in the example image on this page

thanx!

26. problemmm
    May 31, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

jarukunststofkozijnen.nl/over-jaru <- see website does anybody know how to solve this?

27. tom
    May 31, 2012 at 6:35 pm #

This is a great straightforward plugin, but would love to add this to my header template rather than in the page content..have tried the suggested code above but no good… any suggestions?

28. tom
    May 31, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

No Worries… I got it, the code is:

29. tom
    May 31, 2012 at 6:39 pm #

sorry folks this editor is removing my code, i used the suggested ech in comments above and ensured fonts were correct

30. Brad
    June 5, 2012 at 12:12 am #

Hello I am trying to use your slider on my site because I think it is very clean. I have my image folder set up and everything appears to be configured as it is on your site but it is not working for me, the page I have it set up on is http://www.ctdconsulting.net/why-choose-ctd/ any help you can provide is appreciated.

31. Jim
    June 8, 2012 at 8:17 pm #

I see I’m not the only one having problems with this. The images are appearing vertically – I remember Kwicks did something similar but fiddling with the CSS seemed to fix it. No CSS style sheet for this that I can see though. Anyway it’s a plugin not a script and it’s supposed to be compatible up to WP 3.4 (I’m on 3.3.2) so why isn’t it working. I’ve deactivated all my other plugins just in case of conflct but no go.

This is really frustrating. Does anyone know how to get the images to appear like they should, and the slider y’know work?? (Oh and I’ve used the demo images and settings. No point in doing my own until I can get the demo working.

• Marie
      March 14, 2013 at 12:01 pm #

Any luck with this issue?

32. Jagan Reddy
    June 11, 2012 at 2:21 am #

I have very hard time incorporating the jquery acordion menu. I downloaded the zip file and activated the plugin. but from there I am not able to find the location to add this as menu.
    I see the Home template has a big blank space when I use that as home page. But I am not sure where to put the short code for jquery acordion and how to display that.

I would appreciate some help please.

33. Adriano
    June 14, 2012 at 5:55 pm #

Estou tentando colocar no meu site e não consigo que apareça na pagina, usei o Código Plugin curto [Galeria jquery acordeão = "Gallery1"] com o n° da galeria e nada.
    Não entendi a Q1: Você tem que mudar o local dessa pasta para o seu local original. (A melhor prática é não carregar as imagens originais para essa pasta padrão em vez de alterar este caminho padrão para o caminho original.
    Estou usando o tema VINTE ELEVEN. Pode ser conflito?

34. mark shirley
    June 29, 2012 at 11:29 am #

Im baffled by the upload image instructions do you mean change the path to the medialibrary

35. mark shirley
    June 29, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

Thanks I have sorted the image path. Question is there a way to stop the slides from repeating after all slides have appeared (stop looping the animation)

• SubCutanea
      November 25, 2012 at 5:53 am #

Hey Mark – did you ever solve the problem of the repeating slides? I want mine to scroll in once, then act as a sort of menu, so want to turn the repeat off too…searched the plugin .js files, but nothing leaped out at me…?

36. ashima
    June 30, 2012 at 11:36 am #

is there any hard code for this plugin.i want to add this plugin in the index page so i need php code for this.

37. mark shirley
    July 4, 2012 at 5:59 pm #

Doesnt work properly on iphone leaves gaps

38. Marotech
    August 13, 2012 at 11:37 pm #

Hi … hmmm …. damned.
    I cant find the admin page with “Gallery 1 – x” …. is it a single plugin called “admin page”?

“Go to Administration” → Setting Menu → Jquery accordion slideshow

I cant find the Image Folder of the Plugin.

Plz help, TY!

39. mike
    October 22, 2012 at 1:56 pm #

how to add to template please

• Gopi
      October 22, 2012 at 2:19 pm #

At present only short code option available, we will implement this option in the next release..

40. Mario
    October 22, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

Porque pide el password del FTP del Servidor..??

Saludos!

41. Yelo
    November 8, 2012 at 5:44 pm #

Very nice plugin thanks, just one question : is it possible to put a link to click by image with a xml file attached in the folder where the images are hosted maybe ?

42. carole
    November 15, 2012 at 5:33 am #

The jquery accordian slideshow is working but I can’t find out how to order the images – alphabetical does not work.

Also, can I link the images to a page?

43. Adriana
    November 28, 2012 at 2:24 am #

Good evening, I can not call this plugin in php. Neither of the two forms that were passed here worked. Someone could call this plugin for php?

44. Erin
    December 4, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

I am trying out your plugin for the first time. Everything is working perfectly except that the slides are not in the right order. I have tried setting the “Random” option to both yes and no, with no change. (I have cleared my cache as well). Any help would be appreciated, as I won’t be able to use the plugin if I can’t work through this issue. The slides need to be in a set order.

45. Pavel
    January 21, 2013 at 5:26 am #

Hey, i’ve got it working calling from PHP, but there is a trick.
    FIrst, i created a new page and inserter shortcode for slider: [jquery-accordion gallery="GALLERY1"]

Second, i called the page content via php get_page ($page_id) with filter content.

• Ted Sanchez
      March 2, 2013 at 4:41 am #

Could you explain this process in greater detail. I’m trying to insert the slider into the actual page as well.

46. AllanIT
    January 22, 2013 at 6:42 pm #

I am working with a version of wordpress that is installed in a sub folder for example public_html/2012 when the Jquery Accordion Slideshow Plugin tries to lookup the directory of the slide show itputs in the /2012 twice and you get http://www.thesite.com/2012/2012/wp-content/plugins/jquery-accordion-slideshow/gallery1/sing_4.jpg and the error

Warning: opendir(wp-content/plugins/jquery-accordion-slideshow/gallery2/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/thesite/public_html/2012/wp-content/plugins/jquery-accordion-slideshow/jquery-accordion-slideshow.php on line 172 Warning: readdir() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/thesite/public_html/2012/wp-content/plugins/jquery-accordion-slideshow/jquery-accordion-slideshow.php on line 174

47. Kavi
    February 14, 2013 at 3:27 pm #

I want to move the slides on mouse hover, not auto.Please advise me

48. Lanthys
    March 21, 2013 at 8:51 am #

Add to a template :

49. Lanthys
    March 21, 2013 at 8:51 am #

echo do_shortcode(‘[jquery-accordion gallery="GALLERY2"]‘);

50. abhishek
    July 6, 2013 at 5:42 am #

thanks for sharing this….I was looking for exactly the same type of plugin for one of my websites….