Vertical scroll slideshow gallery v2

Vertical scroll slideshow gallery plugin will create the vertical scrolling image slideshow gallery on the wordpress widget. Image will scroll one by one on the widget. the live demo available on the sidebar widget. this plugin show only on image at a time and scroll one by one.

Plugin feature

1. Easy installation.
  2. Widgets, so you can add pretty much anything.
  3. Easy slideshow size (width & height) override option.

Live demo available on side bar. Do you want to scroll the images horizontally? Use my horizontal scroll image slideshow plugin.

Installation Instruction and configuration

• Download the plugin vertical-scroll-slideshow-gallery-v2.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the vertical-scroll-slideshow-gallery-v2.zip file
  • Extract the /vertical-scroll-slideshow-gallery-v2/ folder.
  • Drop the vertical-scroll-slideshow-gallery-v2 folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new vertical scroll slideshow gallery v2 plug-in listed.

• Search vertical scroll slideshow gallery v2 plugin using search option.

• Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word press admin.
  • Upload the available vertical-scroll-slideshow-gallery-v2.zip file and click install now.

Drag and drop the widget: Go to widget page under appearance tab, Drag and drop Vertical Scroll Slideshow Gallery V2 widget into your side bar. It’s very easy.

Add directly in the theme: Use this code, <?php if (function_exists (vssg2_slideshow)) vssg2_slideshow(); ?> to add the gallery to your Theme files.

Q1. I installed the plugin but can’t see it. What’s wrong?

Make sure the xml file name is entered correctly on the settings page.

Q2. Where to upload my image?

XML file available within “gallery” folder

Dashboard → Plugins → Editor → Select Vertical scroll slideshow gallery v2 plugin (Available top right drop-down box) → Select the XML file name (widget.xml) and update the xml file with your own image link.

Q3. Why my image gallery out of range?

In front end widget area, if you see gallery out of area or invisible, it because of height and width of the widget, so you should arrange width and height of the widget in widget configuration area.

Q4. Why my slideshow not scroll properly or why one image overlaps another at the time of scroll?

Set the scrollerwidth and scrollerheight to the width/height of the largest image in your slideshow!

Other slideshow plugin

18 Responses to“Vertical scroll slideshow gallery v2”

1. garry glitter
    August 10, 2010 at 1:02 pm #

******… instructions are *****

2. Premasis
    August 13, 2010 at 8:42 pm #

Thanks you bro!

I like all your plugins… my HATs off to you…

3. Michael
    September 19, 2010 at 3:55 pm #

i am not sure, to understand the configuration of the vertcal slider v2 :(

What does it mean:

Whwre to insert?

Thanks, Michael

September 19, 2010 at 4:59 pm #

update the XML file with your own image link.

5. Tamara
    December 28, 2010 at 9:14 pm #

Uploaded plugin and loaded photos into specified folder but I keep getting a scrolling message that says “undefined” over and over again in place of the photos. Please advise.

6. Melissa
    January 17, 2011 at 11:48 am #

Awesome plugin. Works perfectly. Thank you. My client would like the images to show up randomly. Currently, if you refresh the browser or go to a different page, the first image appears again. Is there a line of code you could supply that would fix this?

Melissa

7. whall
    March 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm #

This is probably a great plugin, but for my purposes it would be easier if by default it just read the images from a directory. For most people, editing the XML file manually whenever you wanted to change up the pictures in the gallery is unwieldy and time consuming. I appreciate you making the plugin, though.

May 31, 2011 at 1:40 pm #

Check this plugin “Vertical scroll image slideshow gallery”. this will read images directly from folder.

8. Gee
    September 27, 2011 at 2:47 am #

It works fine for me in IE but does not scroll under Chrome…?

Any clue?

9. backlinks
    November 8, 2011 at 4:05 am #

Best backlinks links services – grab Very best search rankings plus massive website traffic using our impressive backlink building deals. Profitable & valuable links service of all time! backlinksGod.com – sem – link building – internet affiliate marketing – search engine marketing tips – online communities

10. free one way backlinks
    December 9, 2011 at 7:25 am #

I will immediately clutch your rss as I can’t find your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please permit me understand so that I could subscribe. Thanks.

11. Mark Everett
    December 31, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

I down loaded and activated the “Vertical scroll slideshow gallery v2″ plugin and then did not have a clue on how to start using it. I followed the instruction shown under frequently asked questions section of this site everything is great until I get to the part about selecting the XML file name (widget.xml) and update the xml file with your own image link. There nothing with this name. Also, in the first part of the questions Q2. Where to upload my image?

XML file available within “gallery” folder

Where do I locate the “galler” folder?

All this is not very intuitive.

I have uploaded inmages to wordpress and I would like to slide show some of them on my site, but getting from downloading the plugin to incorporating this has not been clear.

Can someone help ?

12. Tim
    May 2, 2012 at 11:42 pm #

installed several weeks ago and was working great until today when it just stopped scrolling. I did add a new twitter plugin but I deleted it just to make sure it wasn’t causing a conflict. Still doesn’t work. Any ideas?

13. Barb
    August 27, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

I am trying to use it in my sidebar on my wordpress website. It comes up on the sidebar but instead of the pictures it says undefined. Help, please.

14. Jan
    November 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm #

I set on page HTML editor
    it does not work!!!

• Jan
      November 23, 2012 at 12:34 pm #

php if (function_exists (vssg2_slideshow)) vssg2_slideshow();

15. iris
    February 5, 2013 at 3:29 pm #

Hello

Is there a way to put it on your page/messege and not in the side bar?
    I really love to have it as portfolio photo thingy on the main of the page. at a size like 999×666
    Can i do that? And how?

16. Jeff
    March 6, 2013 at 2:34 pm #

Would like a scroller to allow 4 at one time like my site http://fordsjewelers.com/

I want to move from Joomla to WordPress with the same function
    Any suggestions?