Vertical marquee post title

This plug-in will create the vertical marquee effect in your website, if you want your post title to move vertically (scroll upward or downwards) in the screen use this plug-in. We are using the simple marquee tag to move the text vertically, and tested this plug-in in all the leading internet browsers. admin option available to set the scroll effects and colors scheme.

Plugin live demo available on the sidebar. Please have a look and post your comments

• Light weight
  • Loads very fast
  • Pure HTML tags

Admin management

Scroll Amount : This is used to organize the speed of the scrolling, only integer allowed and higher value provides a faster speed

Scroll Delay : This is used to reduce the speed of the scrolling, only integer allowed.

Drag and drop the widget : Go to widget menu and drag and drop the Vertical marquee post title widget to your sidebar location.

Short code for pages and posts : Use the below short code in the pages and posts.

[vmpt setting="1"]

[vmpt setting="2"]

[vmpt setting="3"]

[vmpt setting="4"]

Add directly in the theme : Add the below PHP code in your theme PHP file, for example if you want to add this slider in your website footer, just activate the plugin and add this code in footer.php file.

<?php vmptshow(); ?>

Q1. What is Scroll Amount, Scroll Delay?

Q2. Can you explain the short code?

[vmpt setting="1"]

setting : This setting available in the admin dashboard.

18 Responses to“Vertical marquee post title”

1. Martín
    September 4, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

Great plugin!. What about colors scheme?. It is not implemented yet?
    Greetings from Spain

September 5, 2012 at 3:45 am #

Hi Martin,

Style option available in the admin. we can use the CSS class for coloring.

2. Martín
    September 5, 2012 at 8:40 am #

Ah!, ok. First of all, thank you for such prompt response.
    Would you be so kind to make an example with a background color?. I’m starting to study CSS and I can not find the line where to change it.
    Sorry for my English level.

Very grateful for your work.

3. dsd
    September 12, 2012 at 10:42 am #

4. Aaron
    September 18, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

Trying to use the marquee on a page. I added the short code to the page. In the preview, all of the page content, except for the title is not visible. I upgraded to WP 3.4.2 but I am still getting the same result. Can you help?

5. rajeev
    January 7, 2013 at 10:25 am #

i want to add latest new message in the top of another widget just in vertical marquee widget above.. show latest message… plz give the answer .its urgent.

6. Google
    February 25, 2013 at 6:59 pm #

Marquee Working or not

7. Liburn
    February 27, 2013 at 6:51 pm #

Gopi,thank you very much for those awesome plugins!!
    Regards from Albania

8. Kari
    March 14, 2013 at 1:20 pm #

Can I use this with a custom post type? What do I have to do to the code to pull the custom post type and their categories instead of the regular posts?

9. Rob
    March 20, 2013 at 4:30 pm #

This is failing in Safari for me. It looks like the foreach loop that checks for posts and displays the titles is not being recognised as closed. The anchor tag for the last post title is being wrapped around the next HTML element and causing it to be a link, which it shouldn’t. I can’t figure out how to resolve this but it does work perfectly in every other browser, including IE8.

Can you help please? Let me know if you need a link to the where the problem is.

April 11, 2014 at 1:32 pm #

There was a small bug in the plugin. And it has been fixed in the version 2.2

10. David
    May 5, 2013 at 9:26 pm #

What plugin would you recommend to scrol a vertical list of donors?
    I don’t want to have to enter in each donor separately. Can I cut and paste a list of donors and then have it scroll?

April 11, 2014 at 1:31 pm #

You can use my Information Reel plugin

11. Michael
    June 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

Is there a way to eliminate the whitespace between the end of the scroll list and beginning of the next scroll? The whitespace seems to equal the length of the list of post titles. I’d prefer and endless scroll.

12. Kent
    May 6, 2014 at 5:55 pm #

Hi. The native wordpress “recent posts” widget disappears if someone visits my site and NOT logged in. It reappears if someone who has access to my posts logs in. However, with your widget when someone visits the site and NOT logged in, your widget doesn’t disappear, it just shows in red, “record not found”. I’d like it to disappear like the native widget. Is this possible?

May 7, 2014 at 1:37 am #

This may be theme facility. You theme may have option to display widget in particular page.

13. Amey
    August 12, 2014 at 1:32 pm #

How can I change font size?

August 17, 2014 at 1:40 am #

Please check plugin admin, style option already available. Use font size in the textbox to change the size. Thanks