This is a user requested plugin, with this plugin we can setup the RSS slider in our website. in the slider we can configure the title and excerpt. In plugin administration page, we have option to manage RSS link. maximum we can enter four RSS link in the administration page. we can use widget option or short code option to display the slider in the front end.
Plugin live demo available in this page. Do you want to use the post instead of RSS feed? then you can try my another plugin Scroll Post Excerpt. Do you want to use your own text instead of post? then you can try my another plugin Information Reel.
Features of this plugin
- Easy installation and customization.
- Widget option for sidebar.
- Short code option for posts and pages.
- 1. Go to Add New menu under Plugins tab in your WordPress admin.
- 2. Search Scroll RSS Excerpt plugin using search option.
- 3. Find the plugin and click Install Now link.
- 4. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.
- 1. Download the plugin scroll-rss-excerpt.zip from download location.
- 2. Go to Add New menu under Plugins tab in your WordPress admin.
- 3. Select upload link (top link menu).
- 4. Upload the available scroll-rss-excerpt.zip file and click Install Now.
- 5. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.
In your WordPress administrator section go to Settings menu and select Scroll rss excerpt menu to configure this plugin.
RSS Link : Enter the RSS feed link
Each Record Height : Enter height of the each record in the slider.
Display Records : Enter number of items you want to display at the same time in the slider.
Text Length : Enter the length of the excerpt.
Drag and drop the widget: Go to widget menu and drag and drop the Scroll rss excerpt widget to your sidebar location.
Short code for pages and posts : Use the below short code in the pages and posts.
Add directly in the theme : Add the below PHP code in your theme PHP file, for example if you want to add this scroll in your website footer, just activate the plugin and add this code in footer.php file.
<?php echo ScrollRss(1); ?>
Frequently asked questions
Q1. Can i display my post title instead of RSS feed?
Yes, Please find my another plugin. Scroll post excerpt.
Q2. Can i increase the excerpt length of the slider?
Yes, Option available in the admin page.