Image slider with description

Image slider with description WordPress plugin is a Jquery based image slideshow script that incorporates some of your most requested features all rolled into one. Not only image this slideshow have images, title and description. We have option to enable/disable description in the slideshow.

What is jquery? jQuery is a cross-browser JavaScript library designed to simplify the client-side scripting of HTML. See the plugin live demo in this page.

Features of this Plugin

• Fade in effect that has the current image fading over the previous one.
  • Slide effect that has each image slid one by one.
  • Each slide can be optionally hyper linked.
  • Each slide can have an optional description associated with it.

See the live demo below

600x400 2 Image slider with description600x400 3 Image slider with description600x400 1 Image slider with description600x400 6 Image slider with description

How to Configure this Plugin?

First install and activate this plugin, after use the given short code into the pages or post to render the slideshow, Separate image management page available in the admin to add, update, delete the images. this is no image upload option instead you have to enter the image path.

Short code

[image-slider-desc setting="1" group="1"]

[image-slider-desc setting="1" group="2"]

Add directly in the theme

<?php echo ImgSlider_Fun(1, 1); ?>

Use this code php code to add this plug-in in to your theme files(i.e php file).

In this method first parameter is for setting and second parameter for group.

Installation Instruction

1. Download the plugin image-slider-with-description.zip from download location.
  2. Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /image-slider-with-description/ folder.
  3. Drop the ‘image-slider-with-description’ folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  4. In word press administration panels, click on plug-in from the menu.
  5. You should see your ‘image slider with description’ plug-in listed under Inactive plug-in tab.
  6. To turn the word presses plug-in on, click activate.

1. Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your WordPress admin.
  2. Search ‘image slider with description’ plugin using search option.
  3. Find the plugin & Click ‘Install Now’ link.
  4. Finally click activate plugin link to activate the plugin.

2. Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word-press admin.
  3. Select upload link (top link menu).
  4. Upload the available image-slider-with-description.zip file and click install now.
  5. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.

Q1) How to upload images to the slideshow?

After activated the plugin, you can see the new menu in your admin “Image Slider”. In that we have image management option. Here we don’t have image upload option. Instead we have option to add image path.

Admin → Image Slider (Separate menu, It may available after Setting Menu) → Image Management

Q2) How to update slideshow setting?

Admin → Image Slider (Separate menu, It may available after Setting Menu) → Slider Setting

Q3) Is possible to hide description from the slideshow?

Yes, We have option in the slider setting page.

Q4) Can you explain the short code?

[image-slider-desc setting="1" group="1"]

This short code contain two part, one for slideshow setting and second for image(IMG-SLIDER-DESC this is default text).

SETTING=1   (This means this slideshow will use the first setting, in the admin slider setting page we have two set of setting option, if you want to use second setting the use SETTING=2)

GROUP=GROUP1 (This is to read the images from the image management page, in the image management page we have one drop-down(Select Gallery Group) this is used to group the images. based on the mentioned group it will read the images.

Image management help

1) Enter Image Path = where is the picture located on the internet? Put the address here. (Example: http://www.gopiplus.com/work/wp-content/uploads/pluginimages/600×400/600x400_1.jpg)

2) Enter Target Link = when someone clicks on the picture, where do you want to send them – It’s an image link (example: http://www.gopiplus.com)

3) Enter Target Option =

_blank loads the linked page/file in a new, unnamed browser window.

_self loads the linked page/file in the same frame or window as the link.

4) Enter Image Title = this means give the image title. The title will display on the image within the slideshow.

5) Select Gallery Group (This is to group the images) = Select your slideshow group, maximum we can setup 10 group. Whatever pictures you add into this gallery, is what you’ll get, when you call it up using the short code.

6) Display Status = do you want the picture to show in your gallery, yes or no?

7) Display Order = What order should the picture be played in. should it come 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.

95 Responses to“Image slider with description”

1. Emily
    November 8, 2011 at 9:01 pm #

Great plugin. Is there a way to make the description text sit underneath the image rather than on top of it?

• Laurel
      November 10, 2012 at 4:46 pm #

This appears under the slideshow:

[image-slider-desc Please check the short code, may be no image available for this group]

What can I do to get rid of it? I disabled the show description in the image setting. (This is a terrific slideshow, thanks a lot!)

2. Dave
    November 17, 2011 at 9:16 am #

Nice plugin, I’m going to try it out on my current project.

Hope you will add additional settings and capabilities for this one in the future. Thanks a lot Gopi!

3. Peter
    November 18, 2011 at 11:33 am #

Thanks a lot for the plugin…is awesome!!

I have a question…where should I place the shortcode? And in which form? Sorry for the question but I’m quite new in wordpress and I don’t really know what a shortcode is.

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Peter.

November 19, 2011 at 2:26 am #

just paste the given short code into pages/posts. see my video tutorial for more info..

4. LanguageXpress
    December 2, 2011 at 11:59 pm #

How do you make image link not required? The description says this is optional.

How do you remove the description bar? I am not using title or description text and I don’t want that semi-seethrough black bar across the image.

5. Joaquin
    December 6, 2011 at 12:27 pm #

Fantastic work, thank you!

I’m trying to display this plugin in a front page (not in a post). I’m trying to do this with do_shortcode WordPress function, but it doesn’t work. Could you help me?

Thank you!

6. ankit
    December 8, 2011 at 6:22 am #

hello,
    your short code is not working.
    i put up that short code in index.php page under “” tags but itz not working….can u explain why?
    i have already setup all the slides etc.

thanks in advance.

7. Shreeja N
    December 18, 2011 at 12:25 pm #

Works gr8, but we can’t have more than one slider in a single post. Grouping images in two different sliders on same post gives lots of bugs, like images overlapping each other, text of each slider gets displayed in the other etc.

• Van Renen
      June 26, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

I seem to have the same problem. Is there any solution for this yet?

8. Niki
    December 20, 2011 at 6:12 pm #

this is great plugin. can i move image title, description and number out of the image and display above or below the image ?

or may be display on right hand side…?

9. Ayush Pateria
    January 3, 2012 at 1:22 pm #

Shortcode not working

10. Amanda
    January 4, 2012 at 7:16 am #

to anyone wanting to get rid of the black bar across the image, go to your ftp client, find plugins/image-slider-with-description/images/slide-bg.png and delete it.

oh, and to use the shortcode in a template,

it works for any shortcode

• Julie
      August 22, 2012 at 12:57 am #

Went to my ftp client and deleted plugins/image-slider-with-description/images/slide-bg.png it didnt work.

The black bar across the top still shows. But it does go away when i refresh the page. Still that doesnt give the look I want and visitors are unlkely to refresh the page.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of this black bar

• Julie
        August 22, 2012 at 1:39 am #

Oops – solved my own problem. Forgot to clear my cookies.

Working well now – great plugin – big fan

• deborah
      October 17, 2012 at 4:29 pm #

hi i am trying to get rid of the black bar that runs across the top of the slider. I am using it in wordpress and i dont seem to be able to locate the plugins/image-slider-with-description/images/slide-bg.png to delete. can somebody help me

11. Thiyagarajan Veluchamy
    January 12, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

short code not working, how to do it?

Thanks Advance

12. Alyssa
    January 23, 2012 at 3:29 pm #

How do I add this image slider into header.php? Do you have a php code? I am only finding the shortcode but I do not want the slider in my posts, I want it in the header. Thanks!

• steve cho
      March 26, 2012 at 9:01 pm #
      • steve cho
        March 26, 2012 at 9:01 pm #

echo ImgSlider_Show_Filter(‘[IMG-SLIDER-DESC:SETTING=1:GROUP=GROUP1]‘);

13. Inder
    January 26, 2012 at 7:47 pm #

Yes, how to use it as image slider into header position without a code. However it should have description insert option that ‘Header Image Slider’ doesn’t have in it.

14. Hat Trick
    January 30, 2012 at 3:38 am #

Hi admin,

Can you give me the php function snippet of code that would allow me to run this plugin from my index template file?

I can’t use the shortcode.

Thank you!

15. Rok
    February 1, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

Hey, is it possible to set image show time? I would like much faster slideshow..

tnx

• Ike
      February 28, 2012 at 2:01 am #

See line 30 in \wp-content\plugins\image-slider-with-description\js\script.js

at: 10 * 1000, /* change 1000 to control speed*/

It says change the 1000 but the 10 at the start is equivalent to seconds so change that to whatever duration you want and refresh your page and the transition time will change.

16. pebe
    February 25, 2012 at 12:58 pm #

hello, i have one question. i made some mods on your plugin, but did not find the way, how to align center the images in my slideshow. could you tell me, where to mogify the code? thx!

17. eduardo
    April 10, 2012 at 6:47 am #

Is it possible to remove the dark bar where i imagine descriptions and other text goes? There doesn’t seem to be an option to remove it or at least make it transparent. Can this be done?

• Mark
      May 4, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

Anyone get an answer to this yet?

18. Wilton
    May 10, 2012 at 6:36 pm #

Here is reply for eduardo and Mark
    Amanda
    January 4, 2012 at 7:16 am

19. Wilton
    May 10, 2012 at 6:44 pm #

How do you add more images to a group?

20. Anni
    May 14, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

Can you move the description panel/black bar to the bottom of the slide?

• Susannah
      May 20, 2012 at 2:32 am #

I am also wondering if you can move the description/black bar to the bottom of the slide. Has anyone found a solution?

This is a great slider, btw! I have searched for days to find a slider that would not conflict with other things on my client’s site.

May 20, 2012 at 11:07 am #

I got some mails from user and they said this plug-in break the page in some wp theme.. after big search finally find the issue… the issue is this plugin have the word “wrap” in the CSS file and gallery. so this class name conflict with the theme Class name.

So, just change the word “wrap” in the plug-in CSS class in the PHP to solve the issue.
    File : image-slider-with-description.php
    Line : 327, 341, 397

• Brian
      October 4, 2012 at 4:38 pm #

What do you replace the word ‘wrap’ with?

22. Blake
    June 6, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

How do I get the slider itself to align to the left. It always centers. Does anyone know where in the editor to change this setting??

Latrobe30theatre.com

23. Driver
    June 12, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

Love the plugin, but run into an issue with the latest update – it broke the shortcode! The slideshow no longer displays, it just shows the shortcode instead. I didn’t change the shortcode at all, I just updated the plugin and nothing else.

June 13, 2012 at 1:15 am #

Small change in the short code.. please find the new sort code in the post..

24. Mark
    June 14, 2012 at 8:33 pm #

I just updated the image slide to version 4.0 from 3.0 and it killed it. Now the code is showing. Anyway to go back to version 3?? Have been using 3.4 for several days now with version 3 just fine.

• Mark
      June 14, 2012 at 8:39 pm #

Sorry, I should have read above!

• Denny
      June 16, 2012 at 9:50 am #

I found if I removed the short code from the page Published then added it again it worked all ok version 4 hope that helps!

25. Drey
    June 15, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

“Fade in effect that has the current image fading over the previous one.”

How is this done? The current “fade” setting fades the current image out completely, then fades in the next image. I could not find any information related to “fading over”, i.e. the current image fading out on top of a second visible image. Please advise.

• Mike
      January 21, 2013 at 5:12 pm #

Has anyone figured this out yet? Don’t like or need the blank space between images.

26. Denny
    June 16, 2012 at 10:07 am #

How do I get the transparent bar at the top with the descriptions in ? I do not want the gray bar with text in .

27. Ross
    June 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm #

Only slider I found that truly supports transparent PNG’s with fading transitions.
    FANTASTIC WORK – THANK YOU!

28. Andy
    June 21, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

Great work – thank you! This was the perfect plugin for what I wanted to do on our church website. It’s been simple to use and very functional. Thanks again!

29. Marty
    June 21, 2012 at 5:01 pm #

I posted the slider on my word press site and it works… but caused the menu bar to disappear. The page is titled “Pictures” and if I deactivate the slider, the menu bar works. Any ideas?

• Sandor
      November 30, 2012 at 2:45 pm #

Hi Marty,
      I have a same problem. Ware you able to solve this somehow?

Anybody else any idea?

Sandor.

November 30, 2012 at 2:57 pm #

Hi Sandor,

This may be issue on the CSS class conflict. please check the css class name.

30. Tom
    July 1, 2012 at 9:56 am #

I just updated the image slider and it is in conflict with “Wp-property” plugin. Is there any way to revert to the old version?

July 1, 2012 at 10:52 am #

please check the download link, there you can find the option to download all the plugin version.

31. Tate
    July 2, 2012 at 9:29 am #

Hi, awesome slider. Only one question. Is there a way I can have the slider only show on my homepage?

32. Peter C
    July 5, 2012 at 9:49 pm #

At first I found this awkward to use but after realising the simplicity of setting it up and linking images it works a treat

33. Kurdupel
    July 8, 2012 at 8:19 am #

Wow! Super

34. John
    July 10, 2012 at 10:12 pm #

Worked great. Thanks (and thanks to Amanda for working out how to remove the black bar).

35. Tony
    August 2, 2012 at 8:20 am #

I can not use this plugin, please give me your php code for display.

August 2, 2012 at 8:22 am #

At present no PHP code option, we will implement this option in the next release..

36. Dean
    August 3, 2012 at 12:24 pm #

All my inserted pictures appear larger than they are and cropped so I can only see the centre part.

I must be missing something. Can you help please?

August 3, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

Hi Dean,

Please check the width and height of the gallery in your short code or in the admin page.

37. Xavier
    August 3, 2012 at 10:06 pm #

All images I get with a darker stripe on top. Why is this happening?.
    Thank you.

August 4, 2012 at 1:45 am #

Hi Xavier, This may be your image size is lesser then your gallery size. please arrange the width and height of the gallery.

38. Michael
    August 4, 2012 at 7:59 am #

I was wondering if it was possible for other users (for example, authors or contributors) to add new images to the slider?

I’m already using a user editor plug-in but the Image Slider isn’t an option to change permissions.

39. Aaron M.
    August 7, 2012 at 2:14 am #

Hi admin,

Can you give me the php function snippet of code that would allow me to run this plugin from my index.php or pahe.php template file?

I can’t use the shortcode.

Thanks a lot!
    great plugin.

October 28, 2012 at 2:18 pm #

<?php echo ImgSlider_Fun(1, 1); ?>

40. Aaron M.
    August 7, 2012 at 2:15 am #

i tried :

both didn’t work.
    Thanks again.

October 28, 2012 at 2:17 pm #

Option available from version 6.0

<?php echo ImgSlider_Fun(1, 1); ?>

use this php code in the php file.

41. gar
    August 18, 2012 at 5:58 am #

Hi Admin,

I need to know the short code for use in php page like

can you give me solution like this?

42. Fernand Q
    September 17, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

Hi Gopi, iI’ve just installed this plugin on my test system and it works fine, the only concern is that it is in conflict with easy fancybox plugin I use to display pictures in lightbox. Fancybox doesn’t work when the slider plugin is enabled. Any clue ? or do you know a lightbox plugin compatible? Thanks

Regards
    FQ

October 28, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

Please comment one JQuery java script file and try again.

43. deborah
    October 21, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

I am trying to get rid of the grey line across the top of the image slider. I have located my plug in files but there is an extensive list and i really dont know where to locate the plugins/image-slider-with-descriptions/images/slide-bg.png file.
    I have all this listed
    image-slider-with-description/js/ie6.js
    image-slider-with-description/js/jquery.min.js
    image-slider-with-description/js/scripts.js
    image-slider-with-description/js/pngfix.js
    image-slider-with-description/images/index.html

October 28, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

slide-bg.png is in CSS class. if you want to change this name please open the “image-slider-with-description” php file and search the word, it is in line 391.

44. Marianella
    October 29, 2012 at 3:00 am #

what file calls jquery.min.js?

I am needing to comment this out because there is a conflict that I know this plugin is causing with Event Espresso. Thanks!

October 29, 2012 at 12:26 pm #

1. Open the PHP file – image-slider-with-description.php
      2. Go to line 473 – wp_enqueue_script( ‘jquery.min’…
      3. comment that line..

45. Raghawendra
    October 31, 2012 at 7:03 am #

Hello Gopi
    this is really a nice plugin.But I have problem.I want to align Slide show on left side of the page and write Texts(something about my website) on left side.
    But right now i am not able to write text in same line. When i write text its goes below slider.
    Please help me.

November 29, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

Please share the error screen.

46. Randy
    November 1, 2012 at 9:17 am #

very nice plugin indeed.
    Three person (Blake, pebe, Raghawendra) ask the same question here about aligning the slider, I want to ask the same question, dear Gopi, u want to help this? ^_^

November 1, 2012 at 11:22 am #

Hi Randy, I will post the solution soon.

• Raghawendra
        November 4, 2012 at 9:38 am #

Dear Can i get ur response regarding my question?
        its really a nice plugin but i have a problem with alignment i want to put slider on right side of my static page and write some text for describing about our website on right….
        but i am not able to do so..
        please help me. Its urgent…
        regards

47. Angelus077
    November 2, 2012 at 3:44 pm #

On my home page 1 of the images is zoomed in a lot, any idea how i can show the whole picture instead of just a small portion?

November 29, 2012 at 2:27 pm #

Hi Angelus077,

In the admin we have option to change the slideshow size.

48. ana
    November 15, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

Hi, I installed the plugin a while ago and worked perfectly. I just updated the version a few minuted ago to 6.0 and I’m working on wordpress 3.1.3 which is fully compatible with the update (according to you). Now the slider does not work instead the short code shows up on the site. What can I do, need help urgently, thanks!

• ana
      November 15, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

It’s now working, thanks! For other users… I de-activated the plugin, removed the short code, updated the page and logged out. Logged back in, activated the plugin, pasted the short code back on the page, updated and it’s all working properly.

November 29, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

Thanks for your update..

49. Marsha
    December 3, 2012 at 6:11 pm #

I just updated the plug in as Word Press told me to and the photos in the slide show are now being cut in half by the numbers 1,2,3 etc and photo description is now laying over top the photos instead of below as it should be….HELP!

50. fazeela
    December 14, 2012 at 5:18 am #

hello
    i would like to set the size of slider to 1100,but i have only found upto 999
    please provide me with a solution.

51. fazeela
    December 14, 2012 at 5:21 am #

Hello
    i would like to bring the description and title to the bottom,is it possible

52. Jeff
    December 17, 2012 at 1:41 am #

I am running a test page and find when the last slide is shown, instead of looping right back to the first slide, it slides through the slides quickly back to the first one and then starts again. Ideas to make it seem smoother when it loops back to the first slide?

53. raman
    December 25, 2012 at 3:31 am #

how i can change the text effect

54. Mike
    January 31, 2013 at 5:27 pm #

Is this plugin not supported any more?

55. Anita
    February 28, 2013 at 1:30 am #

This is beautiful. How can I remove the semi-transparent black background on the top of the image where the description goes ~ thanks

56. Alex
    March 7, 2013 at 4:17 pm #

Ayuda. Cómo hago para colocarlo en mi web. Ya lo instalé pero no sé como ponerle en mi página

57. Rick
    March 21, 2013 at 5:18 pm #

We are changing over our current website to wordpress. Currently we have set up rotating banner ads 140px x 80px. They are set up in tables and run through java script. We are looking for a plug in that will allow us to do this in wordpress. Would any of your plugins work?
    Rick

58. maikel
    May 16, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

hi
    Thanks alot
    your work is very very good
    GOOD LUCK

59. NMB
    May 25, 2013 at 5:06 pm #

Can I make this slideshow manual. with numbers at the bottom

60. Siegfried Geryl
    May 31, 2013 at 8:24 am #

This plugin is working fine and fast! Great plugin.
    But, apparently it is not possible to display 2 widgets at the same time.
    I use the text widget with this command : [image-slider-desc setting="1" group="1"] and a second with [image-slider-desc setting="2" group="2"].
    When doing so, both widgets are mixed up.
    Any idea how i can fix this?

Regards!

61. SRD
    June 6, 2013 at 2:26 am #

I have just taken over managing a site with this plugin..

I need to look up the current image file name on the slider…How can I look up current image file name and description using Image-slider admin tool.

I can see the file name in the database, but am not able to discover it using image-slider image management tool.. Shouldn’t I be able to look up the current list of images known to image slider.

Please advise.

62. shital
    June 29, 2013 at 12:34 am #

where to add short code in wordpress?? how