Post title marquee scroll

Post title marquee scroll is a simple wordpress plugin to create the marquee scroll in the website with post title. In the admin we have option to choose the category and display order. We can add this plugin directly in the theme files. Also we have widget and short code option.

Live demo available below. if you want to use your own content on the scroll; use horizontal scrolling announcement wordpress plugin.

Feature of this plugin

• Easy to customize
  • Easy styles override option
  • Configurable scroll amount
  • Option to update scroll delay
  • Option to update the scroll direction
  • Option to pause the scroller on mouse over
  • Option to choose category
  • Option to select order
  • Option to enter number of post to scroll

Marquee style

In the admin we have separate text box to update the marquee style. also you can create the separate CSS with the name “ptms_marquee” in your theme CSS file. it reflect in this marquee plugin.

Installation instruction & configuration

• Download the plugin post title marquee scroll from download location.
  • Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /post-title-marquee-scroll/ folder.
  • Drop the ‘post-title-marquee-scroll’ folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins/’ folder.
  • You should see your new ‘post title marquee scroll’ plug-in listed under inactive plug-in tab.

• Search ‘post title marquee scroll’ plugin using search option.

• Download the plugin post title marquee scroll from download location.
  • Upload the available post-title-marquee-scroll.zip file and click install now

Drag and drop the widget: Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop Post title marquee scroll widget into your side bar.

Short code for posts and pages: Copy and paste the given short code into pages or posts.

Short code till version 6.0 : [POST-MARQUEE]

Short code from version 7.0 onwards : [post-marguee]

Add directly in the theme: Use this code <?php if (function_exists (ptmsshow)) ptmsshow(); ?> to add this plug-in in to your theme files.

Admin form details

Scroll amount: Scroll amount, together with Scroll delay, sets the speed of the scrolling. Marquee moves the content by displaying the content, then delaying for some short period of time, then displaying the content again in a new position. Scroll amount sets the size in pixels of each jump. A higher value for Scroll amount makes the marquee scroll faster.

Scroll delay: Scroll delay, together with Scroll amount , sets the speed of the scrolling. Marquee moves the content by displaying the content, then delaying for some short period of time, then displaying the content again in a new position. Scroll delay sets the amount of delay in milliseconds (a millisecond is 1/1000th of a second).

Scroll direction: direction of the scroll (left/right).

Scroll style: Css style for the scroller.

Splitter: Give the splitter between two post title in the scroll.

Number of post: No of items to display.

Post categories: Give the category id you wish to select the post. Multiple categories can be separated by coma.

Post orderbys: Field to sort.

Post order: Sorting order.

44 Responses to“Post title marquee scroll”

August 9, 2011 at 4:46 am #

Short code for pages and posts : [POST-MARQUEE]

2. Hentry
    August 25, 2011 at 2:07 pm #

I love this plugin but main concern is once i activate this plugin all photo on the page are hidden and image slider is not working. This plugin affecting all other jquery and photos.

3. Hentry
    August 29, 2011 at 3:47 am #

Hi Gopi I like your plugin. Once I activate your plugin my default jquery plugin is disable. I want both to work on same time. plz help me its urgent.

4. James
    September 17, 2011 at 5:50 pm #

Great plugin. Would like to be able to select posts based on category AND tags. Thanks!

5. Belinda
    October 8, 2011 at 1:02 am #

I love your plug ins. Good quality.

How can I change this plug in for posts to accept event ids?

6. ww
    November 22, 2011 at 2:07 pm #

rtrsrts

7. Jude
    November 26, 2011 at 2:18 am #

Nice plugin . hey are working smoothly.

8. Cindy
    November 27, 2011 at 9:09 pm #

Neither the shortcode (in a page) nor the PHP command will work to generate the content of the plugin in the theme I’m using. Can you tell me what could be wrong?

9. Aztek
    December 3, 2011 at 1:52 am #

not able to make it work
    I tried several time…no way !!!

Any help ?

10. stef
    December 3, 2011 at 4:19 pm #

How to use ptms_marquee in syle sheet css to customise this plugin ?

I want to modify the color of the href ..
    My website is here :
    Can someone help me ?

11. stef
    December 3, 2011 at 4:32 pm #

I ve the solution

I modify my style.css like that :
    .ptms_marquee{

font-size: 12px;
    min-height: 32px;
    padding: 0 10px 0 10px;
    text-align: right;
    text-decoration: underline;

Best regards ,
    Perhaps in future version we will can change this no ?

12. Michelle
    December 8, 2011 at 6:32 am #

Love the plugin! It worked just fine when I had it in the footer of my site, but when I moved it above the posts, it was interfering with the content for each post/page on the site.

I saw you were using query_posts(), so I added a reset on line 151 to fix this:

// Reset Query
    wp_reset_query();

Please consider adding this reset to future versions. Thanks for all your hard work! =)

13. Natalie
    January 3, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

Hi, love the plugin. Is it possible to make it scroll repeatedly?

14. Soffian
    January 16, 2012 at 12:29 am #

Do you provide guidelines how to create wordpress plugin for beginner?

15. ukmaceman
    February 6, 2012 at 9:52 pm #

I have this up and running on http://www.mywordpress.co.uk.Just a quick question re the number of posts setting.Is this the total number of posts to scroll that will then be repeated or is it random posts from the categories selected upto the number of posts??

16. brandsvoice
    February 7, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

excellent plugin would like to use on our site. before proceeding would like to know that whether it will affect the slideshow plugin or images on our site

17. omkar
    February 11, 2012 at 2:57 pm #

Great plugin!

How can I add custom post types titles to the marquee. ?

18. Roger
    February 21, 2012 at 9:08 am #

Very nice plugin, but whatever I put in the ‘Scroll style’ configuration box seems to be ignored.

19. Roger
    February 21, 2012 at 10:16 am #

Correction to the above!

The value entered in ‘Scroll style’ is being used, but the colour value is not being applied to the scrolling post title only to the separator string.

How do I change the colour of the post title?

20. elona
    May 18, 2012 at 10:30 am #

nice plugin i like

21. Andy
    May 25, 2012 at 8:19 pm #

Same:

How do I change the colour of the post title?

22. Andy
    May 25, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

Will only display one post for me no matter what the settings.
    And Post orderby must be set to ID or empty… when empty it displays one post, when set to ID it displays another… any other setting and nothing is displayed.
    If I put anything in category it also displays nothing. Not sure what to try to make it work.

• Juan Carlos
      March 19, 2013 at 7:06 pm #

Hi Andy, I went across the same issue. At first I was writing the category name and you need to wirte de ID, its a number. Then I tried numbers 1 through 6 because thats the number of categories I have but just one displayed some titles and it was “1” that is the first category ever created because its set as default = “uncategorized”— Well long story short, go into your phpmyadmin and on your database should be a table called WP_TERMS, there it resides all the categories and tags! so that is why when I tried 1 through 6 it didnt work for me cause the tags occupies a space so my ID was 12! you can easily find out what ID you need. Hope this helps.

23. Michel
    May 26, 2012 at 11:19 am #

Hi there,
    thanks for an easy title scroll tool.

I use ptms directly attached to the menu of the twenty ten bar. Unfortunatly in the pmts code you added the style “padding:3px”. Any additional ist overwrited which makes it impossible to align ptms next to an object without editing your lines.

Would you consider to add an padding style field to configur the style in the future?

24. vive designs
    September 1, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

hi thanks, great plugin, im using on one of my sites but the post duplicate and there are not duplicated post on the website just the display of the feed duplicated. please assist thanks

25. Florian
    October 21, 2012 at 8:59 pm #

Hello and thanks for your plugin. It’s one of the few that works ok with my other plugins.

Just one comment: what if I need more than one thicker for different categories? For example I have a multilingual site and need to show one thicker within a category for a language and another from a different category to the other language.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

26. Why is the title coming up as an H!
    November 19, 2012 at 10:41 pm #

Why is the tile in this case recent News coming up as an H1.
    This is the last thing I want on the page, how can I change this?

27. lee
    November 23, 2012 at 4:36 pm #

Is it possible to add an image to the scrolling titles. This is exactly what I am looking for apart from the ability to display a thumbnail. If not do know of something like that?

• Matt
      February 20, 2013 at 1:07 pm #

Yep same here! Can you add this please :)

28. cube
    January 14, 2013 at 10:56 am #

I wan to put a small ad left end on the scroll bar but how?

29. Troglos
    January 23, 2013 at 11:23 am #

nice plugin, but in some pages still loads posts from other categories too.
    I tried to add wp_reset_query(); but it didnt work.

any suggestion?

30. Param
    February 19, 2013 at 5:37 am #

hi! thanks for such a wonderful plugin. I want to know that how can I add a title “Recent Posts” in front of Marquee, when I call it by inserting code to the theme. It is currently showing full width scroll, but I want to show “Recent Posts” text on the Left and then the scrolling titles.

Param

31. Matt
    February 20, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

Loving this plugin. One thing though, I am able in anyway to add the featured image in the post to scroll as well?

Thank you!

32. Andy
    February 28, 2013 at 11:41 pm #

Just updated the plugin and now all my page shows where the marquee used to run is:

[POST-MARQUEE]

Can’t find any update or version info here so I’m stuck… updaters beware!

• Andy
      February 28, 2013 at 11:52 pm #

my mistake, change [POST-MARQUEE] to [post-marguee] for versions 7 and up….

33. diingr
    March 5, 2013 at 4:55 am #

[post-marguee] is showing duplicate titles but widget is wrkuing fine

34. bulsa
    April 9, 2013 at 3:31 pm #

ciao, con questa modifica il titolo di scorrimento si applica in fondo alla home page

wp_reset_query();
    $ptms_marquee = $ptms_marquee . “”;
    $ptms_marquee = $ptms_marquee . “”;
    $ptms_marquee = $ptms_marquee . $ptms;
    $ptms_marquee = $ptms_marquee . “”;
    $ptms_marquee = $ptms_marquee . “”;
    echo $ptms_marquee;

views demo http://gek60.altervista.org/

35. bulsa
    April 9, 2013 at 3:34 pm #

$ptms_marquee = $ptms_marquee . “”;

36. Craig
    April 17, 2013 at 12:53 pm #

Is there an easy way to include the date in the post title? So it’s something like this…

25.04.2013 This is some brilliant headline 27.04.2013 This is some other brilliant headline

37. Abhay Singh
    April 29, 2013 at 11:02 pm #

thanks for developing this awesome plugin

38. Adam Oliver
    May 10, 2013 at 3:06 pm #

It all works fine for me although I’d like to set the scrolling text to start ‘visible’ and looping.

Just so you don’t start with a blank bar and have to wait 10 seconds to see your options.

39. sawankuma51
    May 15, 2013 at 1:57 pm #

awsome :), bt a icon before scroller will be more better

40. Tom
    May 17, 2013 at 5:15 am #

Great plugin, but working strangely now – after I had to get rid of another
    plugin that messed things up. Now if I provide no Title (I don’t want a title), the scroll font defaults to black – even though I have color:#ffffff; in the settings.

Any help appreciated!

41. Allan
    May 26, 2013 at 3:57 pm #

Is there a way to keep the text flowing rather than a blank space? A “repeat loop” option would be nice.