Scroll post excerpt

Scroll post excerpt WordPress plugin create the information reel in the website, this scroller contain the post title and post excerpt. it is scroll like reel. In my Information Reel plugin we have separate page to enter the scroll content, in this plugin it automatically retrieve the post title and excerpt and create the scroll.

Feature of this plugin

• Easy installation.
  • Option to set number of post to scroll.
  • Scrolling so it occupies less space.
  • Option to choose category.
  • Option to select order.

See the Live Demo on sidebar. if you want to use your own content on the scroll use Information Reel WordPress plugin.

Installation instruction & configuration

1. Download the plugin Scroll post excerpt from download location.
  2. Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /scroll-post-excerpt/ folder.
  3. Drop the ‘scroll-post-excerpt’ folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins/’ folder.
  4. In word press administration panels, click on plug-in from the menu.
  5. You should see your new ‘Scroll post excerpt’ plug-in listed under inactive plug-in tab.
  6. To turn the word presses plug-in on, click activate.

1. Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word-press admin.
  2. Search ‘Scroll post excerpt’ plugin using search option.
  3. Find the plugin and click ‘Install Now’ link.
  4. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.

1. Download the plugin Scroll post excerpt from download location.
  2. Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word-press admin.
  3. Select upload link (top link menu).
  4. Upload the available scroll-post-excerpt.zip file and click install now
  5. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.

Plugin Style

.spe_link
{
padding-left:5px;
padding-right:5px;
font-size:14px;
font-weight:bold;

.spe_excerpt
{
padding-left:5px;
padding-right:5px;

Open your css file and add the above two css class for style.

Drag and drop the widget: Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop Scroll post excerpt widget into your side bar.

Add directly in the theme: Use this code <?php if (function_exists (spe_show)) spe_show(); ?> to add this plug-in in to your theme files.

Admin link

Administration → Settings → Scroll post excerpt

Admin form

Each content height in scroll: This is the height the single title, this field is required to smooth scroll.

Display number of post at the same time in scroll: This field is to display no of post title at the same time in the front end.

Enter max number of post to scroll: This is to fetch number of post title from database to display.

Enter Categories: This field is to filter the post category (Category IDs, separated by commas.).

Enter Orderbys: This field is to display the post order in front end. (Example: ID/author/rand/date/category).

Enter order: Display order (descending/ascending).

Q1. How to update number of posts to scroll?

In the setting page we have option to update this number.

Q2. How many number of recent posts title will display at same time?

In default it will show 5. In the setting page we have option to update this number.

Q3. Why only few characters display in scroll excerpt?

In default it will show only 180 characters. In the setting page we have option to update this number.

120 Responses to“Scroll post excerpt”

1. Kim
    September 14, 2011 at 8:14 pm #

I love the Scroll Post Exerpt, but I can’t find the download. Am I over looking it or can I find it in a different place? Thank you for all the great plugins. Your the best. I wish you much success.

Kim

2. valuser
    September 15, 2011 at 3:50 pm #

thumbnails ?

September 16, 2011 at 1:38 pm #

at present no thumbnails , will add this in the next version.

3. Jason
    September 16, 2011 at 4:56 am #

A couple of things:
    1) I cannot increase the width. I even put in 5000 characters but it did not matter.
    2) How can I change the scroll speed?
    3) Will search engines pick up the text on the page from the excerpts?

thank you so much, great plug-in!
    Jason

September 16, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

1. You update the “Excerpt Length” for the character count.

2. In admin there is no option to change the speed, but you can change “scroll-post-excerpt.js” in this file manually.

3. Yes, all search engines pick the content, bcos it is rendered in the page(also in java-script)

5. Jan
    September 17, 2011 at 5:36 am #

After enable of this plugin the “Edit post/page” option is missing on top of the page (admin toolbar)

Any ideas?

September 17, 2011 at 5:37 am #

edit post option???

6. Ofer
    September 30, 2011 at 7:58 am #

Thank you for this plug in but I had to disable it since it makes a problem with my pages titles.
    Every time I activate it all the pages shows only the title of my home page.
    I define the titles with Platinum SEO plug in.

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Ofer

7. Srdjan
    September 30, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

Hello, thnx for great plug in. PLEASE, HOW TO CHANGE TEXT STYLE, TITLE BOLD TEXT REGULAR. PLEASE, DETAILED EXLANATION IF POSSIBLE I AM NOT AN EXPERT IN THIS. THNX IN ADVANCE.

October 1, 2011 at 3:10 am #

Check the plugin style portion in this post, add the given CSS class int your theme CSS file.

8. Naveen
    October 2, 2011 at 5:32 pm #

Can I insert the below mentioned query in $spe_select_categories?

$queries = $_GET[“scrip”];
    $spe_select_categories = mysql_query(“Select term_id from wp_terms WHERE name=’$queries'”) or die(mysql_error());

I want to render the category id automatically using the URL in the address bar (example: mysite.com/?scrip=EURUSD)

I tried inserting the above code but the output says “No Data Available!”

Please guide.

October 3, 2011 at 12:51 am #

i ll check and update soon..

9. gabriel
    October 10, 2011 at 5:22 pm #

Is it possible to slow this down? thanks!

10. gabriel
    October 11, 2011 at 11:11 am #

i did read the post above, but how do I change the: scroll-post-excerpt.js file?

I’m not a js guy… I’d appreciate your help please!
    the words scroll to fast to read them

11. gabriel
    October 11, 2011 at 11:25 am #

In Case someone else is as slow as I was… trying to cause the text to scroll and stop longer to make it readable:

Go to the “edit” section under the plugin:

choose this file:

scroll-post-excerpt/scroll-post-excerpt.js

go to the bottom and edit this:

setTimeout(“spe_scroll();”, 2000);

change the 2000 to 6000, or a different number. it will hold the text longer so that it’s readable before moving it.

12. David Grant
    October 12, 2011 at 7:13 pm #

Only the excerpt from the first article displays. All of the other following articles show full content, AND it also duplicates on the page rather than only in the widget area. Please help.

• David Grant
      October 12, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

Alright… I see the answer to one of my problems. This isn’t really pulling the article “Excerpt.” It’s pulling an excerpt from the article. That makes me sad.
      Is there any way to add content type selection? AND, I still need to figure out why my page content is wiped out by the plugin.

• David Grant
      October 12, 2011 at 7:55 pm #

And… answered my other question using this from another plug in:

I found a fix:
      Modify vertical-scroll-recent-post.php:
      replace query_posts with get_posts (line 41 in my version).
      Good luck.

It’s not on line 41, but the same thing did the trick… So now… If I could only have it use an excerpt rather than the post content.

13. Jerald
    October 19, 2011 at 8:52 pm #

When I drop the widget into the sidebar the content on my static HOME page changes. The slideshow is replaced with the blog posts from my NEWS page. I just want the widget to appear in the sidebar, not on any of the pages. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• David Grant
      October 20, 2011 at 1:27 pm #

I had the same problem. This worked for me:

David Grant
      October 12, 2011 at 7:55 pm
      And… answered my other question (replacing my home page content with the full post) using this from another plug in:

– from another plugin post-
      I found a fix:
      Modify vertical-scroll-recent-post.php:
      replace query_posts with get_posts (line 41 in my version).
      Good luck.

– my note… just find query_posts and replace with get_posts

worked for me.

14. Jerald
    October 20, 2011 at 5:42 pm #

Perfect!!! Thanks David.

15. LonestarGEEK
    October 31, 2011 at 10:11 pm #

Gopi,

I love the simplicity of this plugin. I’m using it in a site I’m developming with a “newswire”. However, I’ve run into a problem. Whenever the plugin is activated all of the page switch to the links in the plugin “latest posts”, etc. If I deactivate the plugin they switch back to the correct URL. I’ve isolated it down to your plugin. The URL of the dev site is: http://dev dot jcsdevelopment dot com/aisdnews.

Thanks for having a look.

16. Anilium
    November 2, 2011 at 2:33 am #

Instead of placing the scroll post on a sidebar, is it possible to make the Post itself scroll? (WP post)? That way I dont’ have the main Post content (loop) and scroll post on the sidebar being the same thing and at the same time. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

17. outsiderzone
    November 2, 2011 at 12:29 pm #

hi, awesome plugin, i love it.
    I have a problem, i have a link in the excerpt post, but i can´t click the link in the scroll, how can i do it?
    thanks in advance!

18. Elizabeth
    November 9, 2011 at 7:15 am #

I like your plugins & design but you need some editing in English. I’d also like to see a facebook scroller.

Drop me a line and I’ll edit the English for free in lieu of a donation.

19. levlifeblogs
    November 10, 2011 at 8:40 pm #

I’m having a javascript conflict with a bunch of your plugins and also this. Strangely though, the Information Reel plugin is working. I read that you applied some sort of javascript fix to it to help with plugin conflicts. Could you please apply that same fix to help avoid script conflicts with this plugin?
    THank you!

20. levlifeblogs
    November 10, 2011 at 9:06 pm #

Oh, and one more thing. This scroll excerpt plugin works with languages like hebrew, but the information reel plugin won’t display hebrew text (just comes out looking like this ??????)
    Is there a fix for that?

21. Anilium
    November 19, 2011 at 11:33 pm #

Is it possible to configure the recent post to scroll downward?

Thank you!

22. Poornima
    December 13, 2011 at 10:48 am #

The widget is working fine. But when I m using it in page/post it crashes.

23. Vincex
    December 18, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

a little fix…
    add:

wp_reset_query();

in line 66 after
    “$spe_data = query_posts…”

or plugin can cause trouble with other plugins using the query

24. LOT Grafix
    December 19, 2011 at 9:12 pm #

where do i change the timing in this plugin? (if posible)

Thanks Gopi

25. rafaela3r
    December 20, 2011 at 1:26 pm #

GREAT :)

26. Tania
    December 22, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

We have downloaded Vertical Scroll in the word press to the news section from my web page and it had been working good. However since yesterday i`ve been adding news and trying to link them with their corresponding pages but they don’t work. We have tried to do almost everything, you cans see the titles in the scroll but they link to the same website (www.techrules.com) even though we are using the same way to add news as before. Please could you help me??? It is VERY IMPORTANT!!
    Thanks!!!

• Farid
      June 14, 2012 at 7:29 am #

Tania, Would you please tell me which plugins/ code you use to translate your site?

27. voala
    December 29, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

Hello

Can this plugin be integrated in page by shortcode? I need in a WP page not in sidebar widget. Thank you for the great plugin.

28. S
    January 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm #

I also like to have it as a shorcode. I happend to use shortcode in the template file and I cannot add the php in the shortcode. other geek call it “nested php in shortcode” whatever that means. Thanks for this promising plugin.

29. peyamn
    January 1, 2012 at 5:08 pm #

hi
    My English is poor
    How do I right to left?
    rtl persian language

30. S
    January 1, 2012 at 6:03 pm #

I put the scroll in a jquery tab, but it always shows even if other tab is active. how to fix this? thanks.

31. Vinod
    January 6, 2012 at 11:22 am #

Can i stop the scrolling effect when i mouse over on the posts..??

32. Oren
    January 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm #

The styling info did not encompass the class or id of the widget title so I can’t target it with the css fils.

Can you please give us the title’s class or id?
    Not the past’s title but the widget’s title, the “Post Scroll Excerpt” that is written on top of the widget.

Also, it seems that there is a bulletin to the left of the title. How can I remove it?

33. Janay Fitanides
    January 14, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

The first thing I’m going to do is allow people who are in the beta to bump somebody else to the front of the line. I need to be careful, though, because I need to make sure things are scalable before I let too many people in. Eventually I hope to do spawn copies and all that.

34. Nick H
    January 16, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Hi Mate

You’ve got some great stuff here. Thanks for all your hard work. Is it possible to have multiple instance of this running on one page? I need to make it happen some how. Can we hire you to do it? Let me know. Thanks . Nick

35. Tarpnman
    January 20, 2012 at 8:31 pm #

Love it.

36. osteoporoza
    January 28, 2012 at 3:48 pm #

It has long been looking for an article on Vertical scroll post excerpt WordPress plugin .

37. Andrea
    January 30, 2012 at 7:25 pm #

Hi, I’ve installed plugin on my local website, I’ve tried it but it doesn’t scroll ! Could you help me ?

Thanks a lot Andrea

38. Gosain
    February 1, 2012 at 1:27 am #

After activating this plugin it disappears from the available list of plugins at left side so that means it is not re-usable at any other place.

Please confirm and also pls let me know how can it be re-used at different places e.g. Page Sidebar and Blog Sidebar, both.

39. François Poirier
    February 1, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

I would like to use “Custom Sidebars” plugin and use a different sidebar for each page. So I would like to reuse your plugins more than one time.

Like Gosain I would like to know how can it be re-used?

Why some plugin can be use only one time and other plugin can be use more than one?
    Thnaks.

• François Poirier
      February 1, 2012 at 4:57 pm #

Using the 2.8 widget API, widgets are natively re-usable.

40. François Poirier
    February 2, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

This a link to a tutorial I found to change a one time widget to a reusable widget: http://wpmututorials.com/how-to/a-reusable-widget/

Wath do you think Gopi?
    Frank

41. Costantino
    February 3, 2012 at 7:40 pm #

I would lke to add date and time to every posts nto scroll. Can you help me? Thanks

Costan

42. liontemplates
    February 18, 2012 at 11:50 am #

Actually, I try to find post slider to be displayed on sidebar that can be customized through widget. I love your work but can you help me to create such widget?

43. Category limit broken?
    February 23, 2012 at 3:45 pm #

I only want to scroll posts that are in the Announcement category, but even though I have set the Categories field in SPE’s settings to “announcement”, it shows posts from all categories. Is this broken, or is there something I’m missing?

44. Chris
    February 27, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

Is there a way to ignore image tags in the scroll so that it is text only?

• Chris
      February 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

To clarify, SPE ignores the tag but displays WordPress’s [caption] tag that wraps around the tag.

45. juan
    March 5, 2012 at 2:44 pm #

I have problems to run this plugin in google chrome. Could you help me? THANKS!

March 6, 2012 at 1:21 am #

i have tested this and it is working fine, can u let me know your xat problem..

46. Vasu
    March 22, 2012 at 4:29 am #

It is broken due to script error.

spe_content is not defined
    spe_content();

Please help…
    Thanks in adv.

47. Nathan
    March 27, 2012 at 2:03 am #

Works great for me, just had questions on styling a bit more. Need to change the style on the spe_title and the post title, post content and spacing. Thanks for your help in advnce.

48. Gosain
    April 13, 2012 at 4:19 am #

Plugin Style .spe_link and .spe_excerpt do not seem to work and are taking default styling of the template. Above styles have been inserted in default css of the template.

Can someone tell what could be wrong?

49. Jazzy
    April 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm #

How do I add content to the stroll

50. Tracy
    April 16, 2012 at 1:23 am #

HELP PLEASE… I installed the plugin, but I am only getting a “no data” How do I add date to this plug in and also allow other to add

51. Addina
    May 24, 2012 at 3:26 am #

Is there a way to add image thumbnails?

I LOVE this plugin, and is just what a client wanted. Thanks so much!

52. Stash
    May 31, 2012 at 7:35 pm #

Can I manually set the height of the div containing the scrolled posts?

• Stash
      May 31, 2012 at 8:31 pm #

No need for a response, I figured it out :) Thanks, it’s a great plug-in!

53. Andy
    June 14, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

Hey Gopi,

Is there a way to add the date as well? Thank you.

• Andy
      June 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm #

Ok. Never mind.
      I’ve just used: $get_the_date = get_the_date($spe_date->ID);

• Damien
        September 5, 2012 at 12:40 pm #

Hi Andy, would you be able to post all your code from scroll-post-excerpt.php please? I’m struggling to enter the date. Thank you

54. Thomas
    June 20, 2012 at 9:35 am #

Great plugin…. actually it worked straight away except one thing I can’t get it to work. The excerpt doesn’t show up at all!!! It shows the the full content from the post. Any advice is welcome

55. Zoran
    June 20, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

First off, Great plugin!
    Just wondering if its possible to just display the post titles only?

cheers

June 20, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

Find my another plugin.. vertical scroll post.

56. Thomas
    June 25, 2012 at 12:57 am #

Hello Admin, can you please give some advice (see June 20, 2012 at 9:35 am #)
    Thomas

June 25, 2012 at 1:45 am #

It looks some problem in the function “spe_dp_clean” . please look at the plugin file (scroll-post-excerpt.php) to find this method.

57. Tyler
    June 25, 2012 at 5:03 pm #

Adding the CSS to my style sheet is not working – will not style the title and content. (Same issue as Nathan on March 27th). Would you mind taking a look at your code for us to see why it is not picking up the CSS styling correctly?

– Tyler

58. Tyler
    June 25, 2012 at 5:19 pm #

FYI – for those of you want to style the plugin.

I figured out the styling does not work as documented. The only way I could get it to pick up my CSS changes was to add the CSS directly to the page, immediately before I called the widget.

If you look at the source code on this page, this is how the author styled it as well.

59. Tyler
    June 28, 2012 at 3:09 pm #

Has anyone figured out how to make it pause on mouse hover (over) and restart on mouse out?

60. Vivek
    June 29, 2012 at 10:02 am #

i am using it on a new theme designed me. its not scrolling please help.

June 29, 2012 at 10:29 am #

Please see your JS links and check any special character..

61. Anilium
    July 6, 2012 at 6:02 am #

Can I configure the scroll to scroll downward instead of upward? Thanks

62. RF Chris
    August 3, 2012 at 12:37 am #

I currently have this on one of my sites. I want to put it onto a second site, but have the second site grab the information from the first site.

I use the scroll for “testimonials”. I enter the testimonials as posts on the main site. I could set the plugin up the exact same as the main site, and then enter the Tesimonial posts on both sites, but that would be time consuming. And, I am hoping to actually set it up on 4 other sites.

Alternatively, do you have a similar plugin that would do what I am looking for?

Thanks in advance.

63. RF Chris
    August 3, 2012 at 1:06 am #

SORRY…

I did some more research. Figured out it is possible to set up an RSS feed of a post category. This solves the issue.

Thanks though.

64. vonj
    August 4, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Is there a way to ADD POST Thumbnails?

65. Bob Johnston
    August 15, 2012 at 12:59 am #

Attempts to run any of your plugins fail, very frustrating. WP 3.4.1. Theme based on BlankSlate. Suggestions gratefully appreciated.

66. paige
    September 13, 2012 at 5:17 pm #

great plugin! But how can I display the Manually Typed Post Excerpt? thanks

67. jeff VP
    September 17, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

Is there a way to specify specific posts or post type? Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Gopi
      September 18, 2012 at 4:37 am #

Category selection option available in the admin.

68. John
    October 16, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

Hi!
    I have a problem with this plugin. In Google Chrome doesn’t work.
    But only happens in my page. In your web work!
    Maybe there is a conflict with other plugin? You know others cases with the same problem?
    Apart from this problem, the plugins are great. Thanks for sharing!

69. Roman
    October 18, 2012 at 6:01 am #

great plugin. Is it possible to use it twice on one page? I see, I can call the function spe_show(); , but how do I define the category of posts I want to show?

• Gopi
      October 23, 2012 at 5:11 am #

No option. We can use only once per page.

70. John
    October 22, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

Hello, it’s me again.
    The problem was not in the plugin, it was a problem with my template. The plugin works correctly in Chrome. Thank you very much!

• Gopi
      October 23, 2012 at 5:10 am #

Thanks for the update.

71. Svrmirac
    October 26, 2012 at 4:05 pm #

Hello. Thank you for the plugin; it’s great. I’d just like to limit the number of characters in the title. Could you help me out?

72. Charles
    November 6, 2012 at 9:41 pm #

Love the plugin. But scrolling is not as smooth as the demo.
    It stumbles after every post excerpt.
    Could it be the responsive WP theme I’m using?
    Or is there an easy way to smooth things up?

Thanks a lot

November 7, 2012 at 1:36 am #

Just increase the height from the admin.

Administration → Settings → Scroll post excerpt

FAQ 6. Why my news content overlap each other?

This is the continuous scroll, so we need to maintain the same height for the content, for that you need to update the admin property “Each scroller height in scroll”.

73. Vic
    November 8, 2012 at 9:59 am #

So, is there a way to show category name here?

74. Stefano
    November 12, 2012 at 5:31 pm #

Great plugin!
    I’ve a problem with the text showing carriage returns and new lines.
    After a carriage return i’ve a bunch of \r\n in the scrolling text.
    Any ideas how not displayn these?

November 13, 2012 at 2:07 am #

Some special character there in the post, i will check and update the plugin.

75. Marcus
    November 15, 2012 at 10:57 am #

I am getting a difference between browsers.
    Chrome (on Mac) doesn’t actually scroll but changes, Firefox & Safari (on Mac) does scroll.
    Any idea why?

76. Jason
    December 4, 2012 at 10:43 pm #

I had some really weird chars (u2028) in the summary coming through in the javascript on the lines that start with spe_array[7]

I found that the plugin uses strip_tags() on line 120. That is find but I had to add the line below it:
    $string=json_encode($string);

This properly escapes it for javascript. I also commenent out the following to prevent double escaping:
    //$spe_dp_clean = mysql_real_escape_string($spe_dp_clean);

77. Robin
    December 5, 2012 at 7:36 pm #

I would like to insert the scroll widget in two different sidebars but once the scroll widget is inserted in on sidebar I don’t see another widget option? Is there a way to insert it in two sidebars … only one shows on a given page. Thanks

78. nosadness
    January 2, 2013 at 9:37 pm #

I want to integrate “Scroll post excerpt” with “widget logic” but doesn’t works.
    I want to show “Scroll post excerpt” only on certains languages easy with “conditional tags”

79. Himanshu Goel
    January 25, 2013 at 10:28 am #

Glad To Stick Here But Want To Know About Any Plugins Or Codecs Which Can Help Me Out In Scrolling All Posts(with or w/o Excerpt but Need The Thumbnail to be displayed that’s so In A Horizontal Movement Can You Suggest or Arrange A One For Me….

Thanking You
    Admin (Reliable 4 You)

80. Sharp
    January 26, 2013 at 2:34 am #

Hi Gopi, thanks for great plugins ;)

Quick question regarding this plugin: is it possible to add ‘read more’ link at the end of the excerpts? Some visitors on our website couldn’t figure out that they need to click title to see full post.

Please advice & Thanks,

Sharp

81. smith
    January 26, 2013 at 5:50 am #

Great plugin, we really like it!

We’d like to know if there is a way to make the plugin’s main title clickable
    so that it opens a page URL.

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Regards,
    iAsia team

82. Buub
    February 11, 2013 at 12:47 pm #

I´ve a question, can i put inside of a page (only in one page, for example in “About us”), with the wordpress editor this plugin?.

Important using the wordpress editor, insert your pluing, for one page.

Thank you very much.

83. linda
    February 25, 2013 at 4:31 pm #

Hi, love your plugin!
    will check the others too :-)
    however, I need help:

since activating the plugin, ALL shortcodes on the site are now “visible” on screen. They still work, but their markup is now visible on screen

and the same happens in the post excerpts: in the middle of the text, bits and pieces of shortcode markup is now visible.

some hack for this?

it only happened after I activated the plugin.

example:
    (from excerpt scrolling.. pullquote markup visible on screen)
    Progetto: L’albero fiorito
    L’albero fiorito. Il dolore e l’amore: una storia comune Progetto Ospedale San Gerardo di Monza [pullquote align=”left”] C’è un albero dentro di me, trapiantato dal sole le s…

• linda
      February 27, 2013 at 1:43 am #

solved: I have removed all shortcodes that dealt with ‘formatting’ (i.e. quotes/pullquotes, columns etc), replacing them with standard html/css.

I found that even though shortcodes may be supported in widgets, depending on the theme etc, apparently WP does not support shortcodes inside widgetized areas.

To me it meant that shortcodes ‘inside’ excerpt content shown by the Vertical Scroll plugin were visible, as well as being suddenly visible everywhere on the site.
      The latter was mysterious, however, as this happened in non-widgetized areas too.

Standard WP [..] tags work fine. Standard shortcodes, i.e. Archivist, work fine.

So the short answer to this problem – for me – was: don’t use shortcode for formatting of text-content in posts/pages. And everything went back to normal again.

I hope this helps others.

84. Leo
    February 26, 2013 at 11:12 pm #

I really only want this on my home page, but the “DisplayWidgets” code does not work with this widget and there is no shortcode, any ideas on making this appear on my homepage only?

85. Gökhan Sönmez
    March 3, 2013 at 3:33 pm #

Thank you for the plugin.

substr() function with non-latin characters leaves � marks at the end. you may change “substr” function to “mb_substr” function in scroll-post-excerpt.php.

86. Adrian
    March 3, 2013 at 9:09 pm #

love the plugin … was wondering if I can change the post link in the scroller from blue to maroon to keep trend of theme the same.

thanks again

87. Shawn Mulligan
    March 8, 2013 at 9:13 pm #

Is there any way to display the post date in the scroller?

88. Kari
    March 14, 2013 at 1:11 pm #

I want to use this plugin with a custom post type. Is there a way to change the code to display the custom post type and custom category rather than the typical post and category?

89. Erika
    April 18, 2013 at 4:20 am #

Hi. Thanks for great plugin! I would like to pull in event categories (from another plugin–instead of standard WP post categories). How can I make this possible? Thanks again.

90. Rene
    April 23, 2013 at 7:13 am #

No email.. not in spamfolder aswell..
    Something wrong with sending the downlinks?

91. Matteo
    April 23, 2013 at 2:44 pm #

92. charissa
    May 18, 2013 at 12:05 am #

Hi…I have been using the plugin and love it! Something strange is happening and I am not able to find the cause. On the website homepage it is scrolling through one post and then stopping on one…. basically stopping every other post. Any ideas what may be causing this? Thanks!

93. R2

spe_content();
    );

});

for the over in js file

94. Oicebot
    July 5, 2013 at 3:42 pm #

Hi, I’m using your great plugin in my wp site. It’s really great, thank you!
    But I found that the plugin displays the first part of the ‘post_content’ as the excerpt of posts.
    That might not be proper if we have some pictures at the top of the post. So I edited scroll-post-excerpt.php, make the plugin displays the ‘post_excerpt’ first if it’s avaliable.
    at around line 59:

if ( ! empty($spe_data->post_excerpt) )
    {