Superb slideshow gallery

Superb slideshow wordpress plugin is a strong cross browser fade in slideshow script that incorporates some of your most requested features all rolled into one. Each instance of a fade in slideshow on the page is completely independent of the other, with support for different features selectively enabled for each slide show (This is the updated version of superb slide-show plug-in). This plugin lets showcase your images with corresponding description. this is a ultimate fade in slideshow gallery.

• Superb fade in effect that has the current image fading over the previous one.
  • Slide-show can be set to stop rotating after x cycles.
  • Each slide can be optionally hyper linked.
  • Each slide can have an optional description associated with it.
  • Descriptions can either be set to show on demand (when the mouse rolls over the slide), or be always visible until explicitly dismissed.
  • Slide-show automatically pauses on mouse over.
  • Supports localization

We can configure this plug-in in three different way.

Drag and drop the widget: Go to widget menu and drag and drop the “superb slideshow gallery” widget to your sidebar location.

Paste the PHP code to your desired template location: Copy and past the below mentioned code to your desired template location(ie in PHP file). <?php if (function_exists (ssg_show)) ssg_show(); ?>

Short code for pages and posts: Please find the short code below.

Short code for the version 1.0 to 8.0

Please find the short code in the first comment.

ssg-superb-slideshow=type=width=height=pause=fadeduration=cycles=random.

ssg-superb-slideshow = short code.
type = Enter gallery type (This field is to group the images).
width = Width of the gallery.
height = Height of the gallery.
pause = Pause between content change.
fadeduration = The duration of the fade effect when transitioning from one image to the next, in milliseconds.
random = galley image order.

Short code for the version 9.0 onwards

[ssg-superb-slideshow type="SAMPLE" width="250" height="165" pause="2500" fade="500" cycles="0" rand="YES"]

Type = This is a gallery name. it will be the name of your specific gallery. in the image management page we have option to enter the gallery name

Width = width of the gallery

Height = height of the gallery

Pause = how long will the picture display in milliseconds (1000 milliseconds = 1 second/2500 milliseconds = 2.5 seconds)

Fade = how long do you want the transition of the pictures to take (500 milliseconds = half of a second)

Cycles = how many times do you want the gallery to cycle thru the pictures (0 = infinity/1 = only one time from beginning to end, then stop )

Rand = Show pictures in the gallery in a random order (no = show pictures in the order you specify in the image management page)

Live demo 2

Installation Instruction

• Download the plugin superb-slideshow-gallery.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /superb-slideshow-gallery/ folder.
  • Drop the ‘superb-slideshow-gallery’ folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new ‘superb slideshow gallery’ plug-in listed under Inactive plug-in tab.

• Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your wordpress admin.
  • Search ‘superb-slideshow-gallery’ plugin using search option.
  • Find the plugin & Click ‘Install Now’ link.
  • Finally click activate plugin link to activate the plugin.

• Download the plugin superb-slideshow-gallery.zip from download location.
  • Upload the available superb-slideshow-gallery.zip file and click install now.

Q1) How to update the width, height, fadeduration, pause of the gallery?

Administration → Settings → superb slide show gallery →  Gallery setting

Q2) Where to upload my image?

Administration → Settings → superb slideshow gallery →  Image management

Q3) How the slide show manages the order?

Ordering option available in “Image management” page, if you want random order use “Random” setting in galley setting page, in short code also random keyword available.

Q4) How to split the images for gallery?

Use this “Enter gallery type” filed to split the images for gallery. This field available in “Image management” page.

Q5) Where to update the duration of transition?

Administration → Settings → superb slide show gallery →  Gallery setting

Q6) Where to update the pause time between images?

Administration → Settings → superb slide show gallery →  Gallery setting

Q7) loading, close, restore icon not display?

Update the image full path in this java-script file “superb-slideshow-gallery.js”.

Download link

Other slideshow plugin

191 Responses to“Superb slideshow gallery”

October 10, 2010 at 10:13 am #

Short code from version 1.0 to 8.0

[ssg-superb-slideshow=page=600=400=2500=500=0=YES]

Short code from version 9.0 onwards

[ssg-superb-slideshow type="widget" width="250" height="165" pause="2500" fade="500" cycles="0" rand="YES"]

• Rnaresh
      June 9, 2012 at 6:51 am #

I have used your slideshow plugin , it works fine.
      But there is a bug or may be I dont know about this.

I have installed it on my linux server with apache web server.
      When i access the website(hosted on linux server) from my home linux system it works fine, but When I stop the apache on my home system, website’s slideshow shows black screen/div , when again i start apache , it starts working.

So please tell me whether its a bug, if yes then how can i fix it, or apache should be running on the machine from where you are requesting the webpage to run slideshow.

• Commentor
        August 3, 2012 at 11:28 am #

@Rnaresh
        You need to keep Apache running in order to use any WordPress website or plugin. Apache is your webserver, if it’s not running then you have nothing from which to serve the website.

• Anne
      August 12, 2012 at 4:29 am #

We have 2 working galleries on our website. Today I tried creating a third, but the slides don’t appear, I just get a black (blank) viewer.

2. Brad Miller
    October 11, 2010 at 2:38 pm #

The Super Transition worked well “out of the box”, but not the superb.

All I got was errors. Do I have to manually place an xml or other command code anywhere, or does it automatically place the files in the appropriate places?

October 11, 2010 at 4:39 pm #

The above message posted here wrongly, this is not a XML based gallery, this is pure java-script with php.

3. gary
    October 11, 2010 at 9:46 pm #

how do i upload images from computer

October 12, 2010 at 3:50 am #

Hi gray, use the wp media upload option to upload your images, and add the url into this plugin image management area.

4. Albert
    October 12, 2010 at 9:45 pm #

How do I remove the hyperlink from the images. I don’t want you to be able to click on them. Please help.

October 13, 2010 at 3:56 am #

use “#” this in the hyperlink text box.

• Mavent
        September 4, 2011 at 3:36 pm #

Except, of course, that using “#” DOESN’T remove the hyperlink. It just directs it back to the same page. Which is NOT what he (or I) want. Holy crap, is it really THAT hard to understand that some of us just want a slide show? A slideshow WITHOUT links, thumbnails, and all the other bullshit that people insist on loading into these plugins?

5. Dee
    October 14, 2010 at 12:02 am #

Can this slider be styled? If so, what are the div IDs and Classes? I’ve tried the following:

descpanelfg
    superb-slideshow-gallery
    fadeslidedescdiv

6. Brenda
    October 14, 2010 at 4:06 pm #

Could this be integrated with Facebook Photo Fetcher? http://www.justin-klein.com/projects/facebook-photo-fetcher/

I’d like to call the function fpf_fetch_album_content()

and be able to include parameter tags.

7. Rafal
    October 15, 2010 at 11:21 am #

@Dee
    try to style it with the “galleryplayer” class (not id)

8. nick
    November 2, 2010 at 5:46 pm #

how to i use several instances of this plugin? I want to use it 4 times in my sidebar?

9. Rob
    November 3, 2010 at 12:25 am #

Love the plugin. Exactly what I was looking for. I can’t seem to figure out how to center it though… I’m fairly new to php, but can stumble my way through it… I tried to align the DIV that houses the slideshow to the center, but that just broke the plugin… any help would be graciously accepted…

• Tony
      March 16, 2012 at 12:05 am #

You need to do two things.
      1. if you have a place to override CSS include the follow:
      .center
      {
      margin-left:auto;
      margin-right:auto;
      width:83%;

play around with the width % to center the plugin.

2. If you place it in the body of a post or blog, do the following:

[ssg-superb-slideshow=FP=790=210=2500=1000=0=YES]

That should do it. This is what I use.

• Tony
        March 16, 2012 at 12:08 am #

Oops, some code I put in did not show up for the second point.
        Surround the short code with a div code using center as class.

div class=”center”

don’t forget the and also the closing /div portion.

10. Pan
    November 5, 2010 at 2:07 pm #

Thanks for the great plugin! Best I’ve used.

Quick and only question – how do I disable image links all together? I currently have the urls on # but I don’t want the link function at all.

fyi I’ve hardcoded the php in the template.

thanks!

11. Dan
    November 6, 2010 at 2:21 pm #

Hiya,

I want to integrate your plugin in my website. I’m using Firefox. The ‘titles’ are not in sinc with the images. They are always 1 behind where they should be?

Any Thoughts?

12. Matt
    November 7, 2010 at 3:27 am #

When upload images and set up nothing comes up in slider, deleted old pics it came with, it worked when I installed but when i load my own pics nothing happens??

13. nick
    November 11, 2010 at 12:07 pm #

Hi. All installed and running smoothly bar one thing…..it shows on top of my images when I click to enlarge any image on my site.

Please help! My site is nearly finished!!!

Nick

• Eric Hartley
      March 7, 2011 at 9:37 pm #

This is due to z-index issues. Check the values for the gallery plugin being used in the CSS (they often seem to be 100 or more), and set the div element which the slideshow sits in (fadeshow1) to a lower value. I solved this by adding to my theme:

#fadeshow1 {
      z-index:99;

14. tommy
    November 14, 2010 at 3:09 pm #

Great plugin thanks.

I’m testing it now

15. Jérôme 218
    November 15, 2010 at 5:32 pm #

It works very well
    I place it on the site of one of my clients: rsm-consulting.fr
    I will surely make a donation!

16. Han Solo
    November 16, 2010 at 9:07 pm #

I don’t understand how to configure this plugin and am having issues with it. I put the code on the page I want the slideshow to be on:
    [ssg-superb-slideshow=widget=250=200=2500=500=0=YES]

Under the IMAGE MANAGEMENT option:

Enter image url: (this i get, obviously)

Enter Target Link: (Target link to the page I want the slideshow on?? I don’t understand.)

Enter Target Option: ( _blank, _parent, _self, _new—pretty self explanitory)

Enter image title: (I give the image a name?)

Enter Gallery Type: (What are my choices? I put “page”?)

Display Status (Yes/No—self explanitory)

Display Order: (I get it, 1 ,2, 3, etc)

I fill in the information, and I get an error:

“No data available! use below form to create!”

Please advise…. thanks!

17. Kendra
    November 17, 2010 at 2:47 am #

Is there a way to use multiple image sizes? I’ve got both portrait and landscape images I want to display.

18. keith
    November 18, 2010 at 3:45 pm #

Adblock removes all your widgets in Safari. It might do that in all browers – I haven’t checked. Please fix this, because otherwise I can’t use these incredible widgets!!!

19. John Fach
    November 18, 2010 at 5:06 pm #

How do I select which images will appear on a given gallery ?

How do I put the code for a galery on a post or page ?

20. Nina
    November 24, 2010 at 1:34 am #

I am using the shortcode version. Is there any way to turn OFF the image captions when using shortcode? I would much rather have the image captions be ONDEMAND.

21. Andrea
    November 24, 2010 at 2:16 pm #

I am using this plugin and it works great. The only issue I have is that when members register on my site and go into adjust their profiles in WordPress, they have the ability to edit this slideshow plugin. The “Administrator -> Settings” shows up and is editable for members without Admin rights. Please help!

Otherwise this is a great plugin!

22. Abdelrahman
    November 27, 2010 at 3:52 am #

I’m getting this error..

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in wp-content/plugins/superb-slideshow/superb-slideshow.php on line 41

Please help!

23. Mert
    November 27, 2010 at 8:51 am #

Can we increase the number of images to be displayed?It is limited to 5 only at the moment. Thanks in advance!

24. jon
    November 28, 2010 at 11:43 pm #

I’m confused, Can there only be one instance of the slideshow?
    I see no way of creating new sideshows with different images. This is weird.

25. jon
    November 28, 2010 at 11:50 pm #

the settings make no sense
    what’s the difference between image url and target link?
    How is one to know what is meant by “gallery type” and what are the options? there;s none listed.
    And what does “display status” mean?

26. Hans
    November 29, 2010 at 2:17 pm #

How can I align the text?

in the js file i tried:

.eq(1).css({color:’#E2E2E2′, align:’left’}).html(setting.closebutton + setting.longestdesc).end()

But nothing happens. Anyone who knows how to fix this?

27. philip
    December 4, 2010 at 7:48 am #

hi,

any post which displays your slideshow (even on a hidden “private” post), prevents my custom menu from working, i.e. the dropdown no longer drops down at all.

you know what this might be about and/or how to fix it?

thanks,
    philip

28. Masa Hiro
    December 23, 2010 at 2:50 am #

Thanks for nice plugin.
    Is there any way to use Unicode in image title and gallery name field?

29. Nina
    December 24, 2010 at 8:15 pm #

I love your plug-in, but would really appreciate the option to have it load with a WHITE background first. My page background is white, and it looks really weird to have this big, black rectangle in the middle of the page.

Thanks for considering this possibility!

• Joseph Tame
      March 8, 2011 at 5:18 pm #

Nina, you can change the background to white. Just replace the three instances of ‘black’ to ‘white’ in superb-slideshow-gallery/inc/superb-slideshow-gallery.js

• Kirsten
        June 26, 2011 at 5:33 am #

For anyone else who reads this…only change the first two instances of the word “black”. The third one will make the peek-a-boo background to white and therefore invisible since the letters are also white. Hope this helps!

• Carla
        September 8, 2011 at 6:14 pm #

Hi Joseph,

Is this located in the style sheet?

30. Susan
    December 31, 2010 at 7:10 pm #

I have just installed this on my testbed site and am very happy with the results. It does exactly what I needed it to. Thanks for developing it!!

I have one suggestion for future releases: Give us a way to name the photo for the admin list that doesn’t show up in the caption. I don’t need/want captions for these images in the slidehow itself but in leaving that field blank it gives me no way to determine which image is which on the Image Management page… other than clicking “Edit” on each image to see.

31. mark shirley
    January 12, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

How do i produce multiple slideshows on different pages

• Robin
      February 1, 2011 at 4:03 am #

I , too, have been looking all over trying to make multiple slideshows with specific content for different pages. Maybe I am missing something. Advice appreciated. Love this plugin. The one slideshow I have is very nice.

• Becky
        February 12, 2011 at 6:35 am #

This plugin is actually very simple to use although it’s a bit clunky in the setup because of the redundecy and the way some of the things are named; it’s not very clear.

Here’s the lowdown with this plugin. It’s not as brain wracking as many people think, although it’s super easy to over think this one:

Gallery Settings Page:
        1. the top half of the Gallery Settings Page is a waste of space. It’s really just an example for the actual code and changing anything in the top doesn’t change the “code” down below. It doesn’t seem to do or mean anything, nor does the “title” line at the top of the page. I thought maybe this plugin came with a sidebar widget, hence the need for title, but nope, it doesn’t. Don’t even bother looking the top part of the page. For me, it was the top part that confused me the most.
        2. In the bottom half of the Gallery Settings Page is some basic instructions written in gibberish. Not too useful unless you can read between the lines or spend enough time fiddling with this plugin to figure out what it does.
        3. If you want multiple galleries, use the shortcode in your posts and pages.
        4. All the magic is created in the Image Management Page and the short code.

Image Management Page:
        1. Enter image url = WHERE IS THE PICTURE LOCATED ON THE INTERNET? PUT THE ADDRESS HERE. (example: This is the address for one of the images in the gallery at the top of this page…http://www.gopiplus.com/work/wp-content/uploads/pluginimages/600×400/600x400_1.jpg)
        2. Enter target link = WHEN SOMEONE CLICKS ON THE PICTURE, WHERE DO YOU WANT TO SEND THEM – It’s an image link (example: http://www.google.com)
        3. Enter target option =
        _blank loads the linked page/file in a new, unnamed browser window.
        _parent loads the linked page/file in the parent frameset or window of the frame that contains the link. If the frame containing the link is not nested, the linked page/file loads into the full browser window.
        _self loads the linked page/file in the same frame or window as the link.
        _new – I’ve been reading that this one isn’t W3C HTML Standards compliant but many browser are forgiving and allow it. Unless you really know what this one does since what I read could be outdated, stick with _blank
        4. Enter image title = THIS MEANS GIVE THE IMAGE A CAPTION. THE CAPTION IS THE WHITE WRITING AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PICTURE.
        5. Enter gallery type (This is to group the images) – THIS ACTUALLY ISN’T TYPE, IT’S NAME. NAME YOUR GALLERY. WHATEVER PICTURES YOU ADD INTO THIS GALLERY, IS WHAT YOU’LL GET, WHEN YOU CALL IT UP USING THE SHORT CODE. (example: Let’s say I want 2 different galleries. motorcycles and cars. Whenever I set up a new picture, I’ll either put it in type, motorcycles or cars). Use the same “gallery type” name to group your pictures into your specific galleries.
        6. Display Status = DO YOU WANT THE PICTURE TO SHOW IN YOUR GALLERY, YES OR NO?
        7. Display Order = IF NOT SET TO RANDOM WHAT ORDER SHOULD THE PICTURE BE PLAYED IN. SHOULD IT COME 1ST, 2ND, 3RD, ETC.
        8. Insert Message button = THAT ACTUALLY MEANS SAVE.

After you save, you’ll see what you just did and in which gallery you put your picture in.

Make as many galleries as you want by naming them whatever you want. Just make sure in the type spot you put the appropriate gallery name for each picture. They gallery type, or name, is used to group the pictures together in the same gallery name.

What the short code really means:
        [ssg-superb-slideshow=widget=250=200=2500=500=0=YES]

1. ssg-superb-slideshow= THIS IS THE CODE THAT TELLS THE PLUGIN IT’S TIME TO WORK. GOTTA HAVE THIS SO DON’T CHANGE IT.
        2. widget= THIS ACTUALLY ISN’T A TYPE. IT’S A GALLERY NAME. IT WILL BE THE NAME OF YOUR SPECIFIC GALLERY. – You can edit this part in the code
        3. 250= WIDTH OF THE GALLERY – You can edit this part in the code
        4. 200= HEIGHT OF THE GALLERY – You can edit this part in the code
        5. 2500= HOW LONG WILL THE PICTURE DISPLAY IN MILLISECONDS (1000 milliseconds = 1 second/2500 milliseconds = 2.5 seconds) – You can edit this part in the code
        6. 500= HOW LONG DO YOU WANT THE TRANSITION OF THE PICTURES TO TAKE (500 milliseconds = half of a second) – You can edit this part in the code
        7. 0= HOW MANY TIMES DO YOU WANT THE GALLERY TO CYCLE THRU THE PICTURES (0 = INFINITY/1 = ONLY ONE TIME FROM BEGINNING TO END, THEN STOP ) – You can edit this part in the code
        8. YES = SHOW PICTURES IN THE GALLERY IN A RANDOM ORDER (NO = SHOW PICTURES IN THE ORDER YOU SPECIFY IN THE IMAGE MANAGEMENT PAGE) – You can edit this part in the code

Using your galleries wherever you want:
        1. Using my example of motorcycles and cars, I’ll want to call up the right gallery into a page/post. To do this I’ll edit the code to either motorcycles or cars. My short code will look like this [ssg-superb-slideshow=motorcycles=250=200=2500=500=0=YES] or [ssg-superb-slideshow=cars=250=200=2500=500=0=YES]. The name might becase sensitive, I’m not sure.
        2. Put the short code in the page/post you want the gallery to show in. The gallery you specified in the code, is the gallery you’re gonna get.

Hope this helps.

I’m having some trouble with something and maybe someone has this figured out.

The little graphics that come with the plugin, the x and the loading, there not show up in my installation although they are with the plugin files.

Anyone have any idea how to make these work?

• Murman
          May 2, 2011 at 4:04 pm #

Thank you Becky! But I still can’t figure out how to changes images if I paste the short code into the posts or pages. For example:

If I have a slide show in the sidebar with image1.jpg, image2.jpg, image3.jpg, image4.jpg

And another slide show in the page, how do I change the images to image5.jpg, image6.jpg, image7.jpg, image8.jpg?

Is it done within the sortcode, the admin pages, or ???
          TIA for any feedback. Nice widget, thanks again.

• Murman
            May 2, 2011 at 7:36 pm #

I figured it out (I think!). If you want multiple slide shows either on one page or multiple pages or whatever, you have to fill in the “Type (This field is to group the images)” box with a unique name for each slideshow, right? So if you have 4 images in a slideshow that you call “slideshow1″, put “slideshow1″ in the “Type” box for each image. So if you have 5 images in a slideshow that you call “slideshow2″, put “slideshow2″ in the “Type” box for those images, and place the short code in the location you want it on your pages or posts. It’s pretty confusing, but it works. In full agreement for future need for loading/configuring multiple images.

WHAT I CAN’T FIGURE OUT…
            How do you control the “Description Option” in multiple slide shows. I see no way to do that in either the admin Settings/Gallery Settings or the short code. My desire would be to have a setting other than ondemand or always, such as “never”. TIA for any help!

32. Dee
    February 18, 2011 at 6:31 am #

Becky, that was an excellent breakdown on how to get the slider to work. Thanks!

33. eric
    March 4, 2011 at 5:16 am #

This plugin is one of the best there is! I know because I have spent the last 48 hours playing with over 15 of them. This one for sure is the best for widgets. When I say best, I mean for a slideshow. If you are looking for something other than a slideshow, then this may not be it. Not only can this plugin work in a widget, page or post, but it can be linked to where ever you like. A huge advantage. On a scale of 1-10, this is a 20. Thanks.

34. Happeh
    March 4, 2011 at 7:59 am #

How do you make it work with multiple widgets? There is only one superb slider widget so I am assuming you are inserting the shortcode in a text widget?

If I try that the text widget prints out the shortcode instead of processing it.

Tips would be greatly appreciated!

35. Kenan
    March 11, 2011 at 12:09 pm #

Instead of having a black background before the images load, is it possible to insert text? Like “loading…” for example? Or maybe a small image with that says loading?

Thanks in advance,

Kenan

36. Surac
    March 13, 2011 at 12:28 am #

I am trying to do the same thing… instead of the black background that you see before the images load, is it possible to have an image?

Please help. Thanks!

37. Jane
    March 22, 2011 at 7:42 pm #

This script looks exactly like Dynamic Drive’s Ultimate Fade-in slideshow.

38. Delontes Bakery Hingham
    April 3, 2011 at 1:09 am #

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I enjoy seeing websites that understand the value of providing a prime resource for free. I truly loved reading your post. Thanks!

39. Peter
    April 3, 2011 at 9:59 pm #

My photos in de gallery show perfect in Exlporer 8. But now I have installed Explorer 9 and the photo do not show anymore. Has any one an idea what the reason could be?

40. cheap P90x sale
    April 12, 2011 at 2:54 am #

Would you brain if I reference several sentences out of your submit? I am studying for mission for highschool. Thanks!

41. verde
    April 19, 2011 at 7:02 am #

Thanks for your plugin!!! I liked it very much!!!!!

42. MORETABLET
    April 23, 2011 at 7:44 am #

Great plug-in! Very useful. Thanks. :-)

43. MORETABLET
    April 23, 2011 at 7:44 am #

Very good plug-in! Very useful. Thanks. :-)

44. kg69design
    April 29, 2011 at 12:54 am #

Good plugin but where is ADMIN? Becky asked so much important questions, that I can’t add more. I just want to see the answers!!!
    ——————
    Where is ADMIN?

April 29, 2011 at 1:09 am #

U can find the admin link under setting tab of your website dashboard.

45. kg69design
    April 29, 2011 at 1:00 am #

And one more:
    1. target option makes HTML Invalid if it is STRICT DOCTYPE
    2. it’s “very funny” to upload 20 or more pictures one-by-one….. Plugin realy needs to have an apportunity to upload pictures from folder.

April 29, 2011 at 1:11 am #

If i set retrieve from folder directly. some user wrongly update the plugin directly from word-press directory (if i published new version). so they lost all the existing images..

46. kat
    May 5, 2011 at 4:03 pm #

hi there,

how can I place the slideshow behind other objects? Please take a look here: http://9punkt.pl/projekt/mtblanc, it comes in front of everything which you can only see after you click on a gallery pictures and run lightbox effect. The banners are in front of it, which loox rather unacceptable. Is there a way to change it?

thanks in advance :)

47. Mathaniel
    May 6, 2011 at 6:58 pm #

How can I position this slideshow away from the left side of the page?

48. Paddy
    May 12, 2011 at 10:52 am #

Hi there,

AMAZING plugin, and only 1 question, is it possible to add it to the same page twice??

Paddy

May 12, 2011 at 11:01 am #

YES, WE CAN.:)

49. FiftyPenceR8
    May 13, 2011 at 8:48 pm #

Please can you update to support WordPress 3.1.2?

May 14, 2011 at 3:05 am #

This will support 3.1.2.. and check the plugin page regularly. i ll update the version soon..

May 14, 2011 at 5:37 am #

[ssg-superb-slideshow=page=600=400=2500=500=0=YES]

ssg-superb-slideshow=type=width=height=pause=fadeduration=cycles=random.

ssg-superb-slideshow = short code.
    type = Enter gallery type (This field is to group the images).
    width = Width of the gallery.
    height = Height of the gallery.
    pause = Pause between content change.
    random = galley image order.

51. FiftyPenceR8
    May 14, 2011 at 12:28 pm #

Superb, thank you Gopi R.

52. Brian Lieberman
    May 17, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

There is a conflict between Superb Slideshow Gallery and Cimy Header Image Rotator

“So, I’ve figured out that when the “superb slideshow gallery” is activated “Cimy Header Image Rotator” stops working. Any body have a strategy to fix this?”

Cimmo, the author of Cimy Header Image Rotator
    replied:
    “Yes, tell the author of the other plugin to import jqeury in a standard way as documented by WordPress devs.”

Let me know if this gets fixed–I like both plugins.

Brian

53. Murman
    May 18, 2011 at 6:39 pm #

Would someone be able to tell me how to center the slideshow within a div? I tried:

[ssg-superb-slideshow=lefttest=250=200=2500=500=0=YES]

that moves the slideshow to the center of the div, but it also bumps the images within the slideshow div to the right

• Murman
      May 18, 2011 at 6:47 pm #

The post above deleted the html I had referenced.

In longhand,without the normal angle brackets it was CENTER (enclosed with angle brackets) before the [ssg-superb-slideshow=lefttest=250=200=2500=500=0=YES] and /CENTER (enclosed with angle brackets) afterwards. Thanks

54. Paco Delacroix
    May 20, 2011 at 12:35 am #

Is there any way insert more than one php file with the shortcode configuration into a template file?

May 20, 2011 at 1:25 am #

Yes, add the short code 2 times.

• Paco Delacroix
        May 20, 2011 at 3:07 am #

Thanks for your quick response. I saw that, and it is great. But I need to add two slideshows in the index.php as php code and not as shortcode (for pages and posts).

May 20, 2011 at 3:35 am #

With PHP code: we can add only one time. bcos in the code i have fixed the div name. u can change ur self by update the div name in the main plugin php file ( search “ssg_show” this function and update the div name)

• Paco Delacroix
            May 20, 2011 at 3:38 am #

Thanks alot Gopi. I´ll try that.

55. Paco Delacroix
    May 20, 2011 at 12:35 am #

Great plugin!!

56. Brad
    May 20, 2011 at 2:54 pm #

Is it possible to set the width to 100% rather than pixel size?

57. John
    May 27, 2011 at 8:24 pm #

Hi!

Is it possible to make a slideshow with a set of pictures instead of adding one photo at a time.. -)

Great plugin by the way…

May 28, 2011 at 3:42 am #

Use Superb Slideshow plugin, this ll read images from xml….

58. kat
    June 10, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

hi there,

thanks in advance :)

June 11, 2011 at 3:31 am #

use z index in the style

59. Kirsten
    June 26, 2011 at 5:35 am #

I really need help with this. Even if you delete my comment. Please send me an email. I don’t know where/how to fix/adjust the z index and I really love the plugin.

Thank you.

60. Gary
    July 12, 2011 at 4:17 am #

Great slideshow plugin! Works correctly as a widget on the right sidebar of a page (Vigilante theme). However, when I deactivate it as a widget and embed the following short code in the page body text instead, the gallery width is only about 250 pixels and the pictures don’t load…

[ssg-superb-slideshow=gym-gallery=500=500=5000=500=0=NO]

Did I miss something?

(Thanks!)

July 12, 2011 at 5:04 am #

Just take view source and check all JS rendered properly… also when u paste this short code in the editor use HTML version.

• Gary
        July 12, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

Thanks for the quick response!

I did use the HTML view in the editor when I added the short code…

[ssg-superb-slideshow=gym-gallery=500=500=5000=500=0=NO]

Here is the JS line generated from it…

It appears that something is changing the width to 250 in addition to whatever is causing the image load problem. Again, it works fine as a widget on the sidebar.

I have this change up on the “live” site temporarily if you wanted to take a look. The gallery instance is mixed in with a bunch of static pictures. Here’s the page link…

Thanks for your help.

• Gary
        July 13, 2011 at 5:59 am #

One other thing, I just noticed that the fade duration (500 ms) and the pause (5000 ms) appear to be reversed in the generated JS…

var mygallery=new SuperbSlideshowGallery({wrapperid: “gym”, dimensions: [250, 500], imagearray: [ ],displaymode: {type:”auto”, var mygallery=new SuperbSlideshowGallery({wrapperid: “gym”, dimensions: [250, 500], imagearray: [ ],displaymode: {type:”auto”, pause:500, cycles:500, wraparound:false}, persist: false, fadeduration: 5000, descreveal: “peek-a-boo”,togglerid: “”}), cycles:500, wraparound:false}, persist: false, fadeduration: 5000, descreveal: “peek-a-boo”,togglerid: “”})

Thanks again for looking at this!

• Gary
      July 14, 2011 at 4:11 am #

‘Had to get this running today. Found a work-around. Since using the plugin as a widget seemed to work, I grabbed the generated JS from the sidebar and placed it in the page body. It looked correctly formed and worked as required.

It appears that there is an issue here with the generated JS when short code is placed in the page body. Likely, the short code is not being parsed correctly or something else is stepping on it.

61. kreasi
    August 23, 2011 at 3:16 am #

hi gopi,

just wanna inform you that when i use this plugin of urs, i cant ADD TAG and ADD IMAGE.
    thanks.

62. Luigi Rotelli
    August 23, 2011 at 4:17 am #

Dear Gopi,
    Superb slideshow gallery 4.0 is causing a massive conflict with WordPress 3.2.1 when editing posts. It is messing the tool bar with HTML tool bar togheter, not allowing to upload multiple images and when you try to create a link it exits the editing page without saving. I deactivated the plugin and things went back to normal again.
    Problem is possibly related to the way you load JS file ( wp_register_script method)
    On http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_script
    I found a possible solution:
    “This bit of code may cause problems when editing posts, pages, or links. To solve the issue…”
    Best regards,
    Luigi

63. Atavius
    August 23, 2011 at 8:41 pm #

I really like your plugin but I have one problem question about it. I have site with multiple sidebars so I would like to know if it is possible to have multiple instances of widget superb slideshow gallery? Right now it can be used only once – I even tried editing code itself but somehow I still didn’t managed to create another instance of it which seems kinda strange to me since Widget API should support this out of the box. So it is possible or not?

64. mirjam
    August 25, 2011 at 10:05 am #

Thanks for your wonderful plugin. Lately I have the problem that my slideshow is showing a black background, while my page is white. I’ve changed it and now it was black again. Is it possible to change the code by update to have a transparent background instead of black? Otherwise I’ll have to change it every time i update.

Thanks already,

Mirjam

65. Bruno
    August 26, 2011 at 3:52 pm #

Theres a major error with Firefox (only with Firefox), Gopi R can you take a look at my site to check that?

• Gopi
      August 27, 2011 at 3:10 am #

its working nice in firefox… can u share ur link

66. Aaron
    August 31, 2011 at 4:30 pm #

Have had this slideshow installed since January on a client site (ffburn.org).

Sometime since yesterday afternoon it’s disappeared, leaving the container div empty in (at least) Safari 5.x and Firefox on Mac.

Applied initially via widget, but just tried it with direct php method and no difference.

Settings are all the same as before (images are dbl-checked to be labelled with show category, etc) so not sure what’s up.

Any help please?

67. Mavent
    September 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm #

As I mentioned elsewhere, it would be incredibly nice to have the option to NOT hyperlink the images. Putting in “#” is not a solution. It still hyperlinks the images, albeit to nowhere. The Hand Icon still appears, and if people click the entire page reloads.

68. Mavent
    September 4, 2011 at 3:52 pm #

Just out of curiosity, is anyone still developing this? Because if they are, I suggest they read Becky’s post, and then fix the interface. Also, there needs to be an option to disable the “pause on mouseover”. Lord, how I wish I could find a simple slideshow that JUST SHOWS SLIDES.

69. Tom
    September 6, 2011 at 7:25 pm #

Love your plugin, EXACTLY what I needed. Works great, easy to configure. Thanks!

70. Carla
    September 8, 2011 at 6:11 pm #

“you can change the background to white. Just replace the three instances of ‘black’ to ‘white’ in superb-slideshow-gallery/inc/superb-slideshow-gallery”

I can’t find this anywhere. Is it in the CSS sheet?

71. auger fillers
    September 9, 2011 at 6:33 pm #

Manufacturing in the USA needs to improve, especially auger fillers and packaging machines.

72. Kirsten
    September 11, 2011 at 1:43 am #

Carla: Click on Plugins in WordPress, then click on click on “edit” under the Superb slideshow gallery plugin.

On the right of the plugin editot page click on: “superb-slideshow-gallery/inc/superb-slideshow-gallery”

When that page opens use Control + F to search the page for the word “black”. You will find three ocurrences.

Change the first two ocurrences to “white”.

Hope this helps!

73. Kirsten
    September 11, 2011 at 1:46 am #

I’ve upgraded to the newest version of this plugin and thank God my dropdown menu is now working on the page with the slideshow.

Only one small issue. The dropdown menu is going behind the slideshow and cutting off the bottom.

How do I get the dropdown menu to go over/ in front of the slideshow?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

74. Kirsten
    September 11, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

In case anyone else is having this problem with the slideshow and drop down menu I figured it out.

In the CSS do a page search (Control + F) for the word index to locate your z-index under the menubar section. If you have two menus this should appear twice.

Change the z-index of both menu bars to 1010.

This worked for me…Thank God!

75. Green
    September 14, 2011 at 3:24 pm #

How to add thumbnail below slideshow?

76. Michael Schurmann
    September 17, 2011 at 4:12 pm #

[ssg-superb-slideshow=widget=300=300=2500=500=0=YES]

What am I doing wrong?
    I used above code to place the slideshow into my homepage.
    unfortunately all I get is a black boxx with a circle running on the inside.

I also placed the widget into the sidebar and all I get is the title of the slide show but no pictures, please help me.
    if you write me with an e-mail address I gladly give you access to the admin of my site.
    Michael

P.S. in case it matters. my images are hosted on my server, not inside Word Press.

77. weight loss
    September 18, 2011 at 10:40 pm #

I was blown away by this useful contents. Will come back again for more ideas!

78. Peter
    September 23, 2011 at 9:25 pm #

So, I was having problems with the Update/Insert buttons not working to update the images. Here’s the fix.

In the superb-slideshow-gallery/inc/setting.js file, the first function is ssg_submit()

Out of the box all it does it check to see if all the fields are filled in, it doesn’t actually submit anything, so at the botton of the function I added:

else
    {
    document.ssg_form.action=”options-general.php?page=superb-slideshow-gallery/image-management.php&AC=ADD&DID=”+document.ssg_form.ssg_id.value;
    document.ssg_form.submit();

Viola, fixed.

Note: to make things easier on the users I also recommend changing the text from “enter the gallery type” to “enter the gallery name” and changing the associated line in image-management.php from “Enter gallery type (This is to group the images)” to “Enter gallery name (this is to group the images)”, and in the same file change “Insert Message” to “Insert Image” and “Update Message” to “Update Image”.

One last change that I’d recommend: change the Target option from a text input to a select statement:
    “>
    Select
    <option value='_blank' >Blank Page
    <option value='_parent' >Parent Page
    <option value='_self' >Same Page
    <option value='_new' >New Page

It’d be really nice if these changes were incorporated into the plugin.

79. Peter
    September 23, 2011 at 9:57 pm #

Oh, one more thing I’ve changed, in order to provide Alt tags so it’s easier for blind readers to navigate the site I changed the following code in the superb-slideshow-gallery.js file:

In the
    getSlideHTML:function(imgelement){

I changed
    ` layerHTML+=’\n’
    `
    to
    `
    layerHTML+=’\n’
    `
    This takes the image title and displays it as an alt tag. For better or worse, all of the image titles for all of the images in the gallery will be displayed at once.

Again, it’d be nice if Alt Tags were incorporated into the main plugin.

80. Angela
    October 16, 2011 at 9:45 pm #

Oh, a wonderful text! No idea how you were able to write this text..it’d take me days. Well worth it though, I’d assume. Have you considered selling advertising space on your blog?

81. Melo Hamilton
    October 17, 2011 at 7:09 pm #

2 questions..
    How do I get the slide show to center on the page (not widget) without making it fill the page…
    Can the slide show be on more than one page (not widget)
    Thank you for your wonderful plugins!

82. Melo (Melody) Hamilton
    October 18, 2011 at 1:16 am #

You know the place I am having a problem is not the San Francisco site it is one of my multi sites I use for mock ups
    The slide show is currently in the first top widget area
    I tried on the non multi site and is show fine..
    on this site it only show on the home page
    http://musiciansandmusic.com/vancouvermusic/ can any one help…

83. Weightloss
    October 24, 2011 at 8:26 am #

For Exculsive Weightloss Information Please Checkout Our Website

84. Business Web Host
    November 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm #

Very nice plugin. I have tried using others but this one is the best!!

November 9, 2011 at 1:19 am #

u may like this “Image slider with description” also..

85. gslug
    November 12, 2011 at 1:29 am #

It’s a great Plugin. I just need a little help to get mine working fine. I have installed and entered the necessary in the right page. I have updated the image path, grouped it in a gallery, and done everything there seems to be about it, but the images still won’t show at all on the main website. Please, what do you suppose could be going wrong? Am sure it’s not the image url link…

86. gslug
    November 12, 2011 at 10:52 pm #

how do i adjust the width and height of the gallery display?

87. Martijn
    November 19, 2011 at 5:47 pm #

Great plugin! Thanks.
    One question; How do I remove the hyperlink? Totally, so not with the #. I do not want the images to be clickable.

• Martijn
      November 22, 2011 at 4:14 pm #

Hi, Could you please help me with this question?

88. Martijn
    November 25, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

Is there anyone here that can help with this issue? Or is this plugin dead?

89. Melo Hamilton
    December 1, 2011 at 9:21 pm #

I love your work. and I use your superb slide show
    Is there any way to make it align center so it looks nice on a page even if I don’t make it full width?
    Thank you so much for all of your hard work..

90. David
    December 2, 2011 at 5:13 pm #

Nice plugin, but how to add navigation?

91. David
    December 2, 2011 at 5:14 pm #

and thumbnails maybe?

92. Chandru
    December 4, 2011 at 6:15 pm #

dear gopi,
    i am struggling to handle this plugin.
    First i copied the code in my first page.
    Then i went to image management, gave data as requested.
    Still i am not able to see the images.
    Please help me.

93. Nathan
    December 13, 2011 at 12:12 pm #

Hey Gopi,

For some reason, my portfolio is not showing up today. It only shows a blank screen. :(

94. Ari Jah
    December 17, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

I wish to use this plug in without the image pausing when the cursor is over the image. How can I disable this?

95. Christmas decorations
    December 29, 2011 at 11:47 am #

Wonderful knowledge appreciation for posting. In reality in all articles of this blog you can find something to educate yourself on.

96. Harmony
    December 31, 2011 at 3:15 am #

Hi, I’ve tried to use the short code in a text widget because my display widgets plugin does not work with your widget and I need to be able to display the widget on only one page in a widget area – can you tell me how I can do this? Other shortcodes DO work on the text widget so I know that I have my do shortcode php on the site correctly. I hate to have to use NextGen instead of your slideshow because yours is so much more beautiful but I really need to be able to show the widget on selected pages only.

Thanks a million!
    Harmony

• angioletto
      December 31, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

@ Harmony.
      I’m not a programmer but I think you can try one of these:
      1) install PHP Code Widget plugin, so you can use the php code Gopi suggests to put Superb slideshow gallery in your sidebar inserting the php code in a text widget;
      2) install Shortcodes in Sidebar plugin so you can use the shortcode Gopi suggests [ssg-superb-slideshow=page=600=400=2500=500=0=YES] to put Superb slideshow gallery in your sidebar inserting the shortcode in a text widget.
      Hope it helps! ;)

@ Gopi
      Using your Superb slideshow gallery in a local site and I need to put the sliding images the maximum width of the div (main content) without any padding/margin around images. I replaced with “white” the 3 instances where it was “black” but this is only a partial solution, not good to align images with the page layout.
      Thank u for your reply.

January 3, 2012 at 3:15 am #

HI, the given shore code [ssg-superb-slideshow=page=600=400=2500=500=0=YES] is only for pages & posts not for widget…

for sidebar u have to drag & drop the widget..

97. Harmony
    January 12, 2012 at 6:12 pm #

Hi, there is a js conflict with this plugin that causes the jquery lightbox not to work in i.e. explorer unless we use compatibility mode – can anyone shed some light on a fix? http://betterwebsitebuilders.com/tetoncabins.

Harmony

98. Ann
    January 16, 2012 at 7:06 am #

Oh, an excellent description! I have no clue how you were able to write this text..it’d take me days. Well worth it though, I’d suspect. Have you considered selling advertising space on your website?

99. Mike
    January 31, 2012 at 10:56 pm #

The slideshow covers up the dropdown menu within WordPress. Is there any way to fix that?

100. Aaron
    February 4, 2012 at 5:18 pm #

Been using this on a client site for over a year with no trouble at all. Ran the update last night and now get a ‘hole’ in my page where the show should be. Updated WP to 3.3.1 and still no help.

Nothing has changed in the site, css etc., just the plug-in and now core CMS updates.

Am thinking it may be a result of this tag being sent to the page?

Any ideas?

101. Aaron
    February 4, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

Sorry, tag was div id=”fadeshow1″/

Div would usually not be self-closing.

102. Patrick C
    February 16, 2012 at 1:18 pm #

I’m using the superb slideshow with the suffusion theme in the widget area below the header (horizontal-outer-widgets-1).

I want to centre the slideshow, but I can’t find the right css to include in Custom Includes. I’ve tried:

#horizontal-outer-widgets-1, #horizontal-outer-widgets-2 {
    display: inline-block;
    padding: 10px 0;
    text-align: center;
    align: center;
    width: 990;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;

Any ideas please?

103. Patrick C
    February 17, 2012 at 11:55 am #

I have another problem. I want the SSG to appear only on the homepage, so I installed the Widget Logic plugin. SSG seems to be incompatible, both with the basic Widget Logic and Widget Logic Visual.

104. Dorian Grey
    February 25, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Good article

105. SALEH
    March 10, 2012 at 3:45 pm #

I am unable to get superb silde-show-gallery can you please help us we are willing to pay. Thanks in advance.

106. Steve
    March 19, 2012 at 10:14 am #

great plugin, however; I need to offer more than one gallery & have to use the php insertion method. I’ve looked through your advise but do not see this covered: What code should I include to declare which gallery (ssg_type) is being called within the function? I thought it should be something like: but know this would throw an error. Please advise.

107. Mario Read
    March 23, 2012 at 3:09 am #

There are some attention-grabbing time limits in this article however I don’t know if I see all of them middle to heart. There’s some validity however I’ll take maintain opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we would like extra! Added to FeedBurner as nicely

108. Guildwars2 Elementalist
    March 26, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

This web site WordPress plugin superb slideshow gallery – ultimate fade in is often a walk-through for each of the info anyone wanted about this and didn’t realize who to be able to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll definitely discover it.

109. Lanita Lathan
    March 26, 2012 at 3:35 pm #

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I’m quite certain I will learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

110. Guest Houses in the Vaal
    April 1, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

Looks great – will be looking into it shortly as we are going to upgrade our advertising blog

111. ThermalStudios.com
    April 3, 2012 at 11:40 pm #

I’m using the php embed method on a WordPress 3.3.1 site. There are plenty of pages and posts on this site but no content is being rendered. I only see a black placeholder with the animated “loading” icon. How do we connect this to posts?

A secondary question is about passing parameters using the php embed method. The short code looks like it has parameters for height and width etc., but I don’t see any methods for passing these parameters using php. Is that possible?

112. ThermalStudios.com
    April 3, 2012 at 11:43 pm #

Ooops, I read a little further. Looks like this plug-in can’t show posts. It won’t work for us. Thanks.

113. weight loss and diets by Terry
    April 10, 2012 at 7:56 pm #

I really like reading a post that can make people think. Also, many thanks for permitting me to comment!

114. Martin
    April 18, 2012 at 7:45 am #

Can you please help me with the php code?
    I put the code; in the header of my site, but I only become a litle black screen. Can you tell me how to put the right code in my header? Where do I put the “group name”?
    THANKS!

115. Carl
    April 21, 2012 at 9:01 pm #

When I updated the plugin today, the slideshow did not work. It should be on the homepage

April 22, 2012 at 1:50 am #

tested the plugin end to end and its working good

116. Custom Rims
    April 26, 2012 at 2:23 am #

I do believe all the concepts you’ve presented in your post. They are really convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are too brief for beginners. May just you please prolong them a bit from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

117. Steve
    May 2, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

would be great if you could advise how to declare more than 1 gallery within the php code method as opposed to the shortcode as I need to show more than 1 gallery on the same site. Any advise would be gratefully appreciated.

118. jumping, exercise, trampoline
    May 4, 2012 at 3:31 am #

trampolines are great exercise and fun cardio

119. article writing
    May 18, 2012 at 6:08 am #

Nice slide images. :)) An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who had been doing a little research on this. And he actually ordered me breakfast simply because I discovered it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to talk about this subject here on your website.

120. PPC Management Tool
    May 20, 2012 at 5:39 am #

Sounds like a really cool plugin! It’ll do well with the default wordpress theme or magazine themes like those from Elegant themes.

121. Jon Hill
    June 1, 2012 at 2:31 pm #

Hello!

Excited about using this Plugin and apologies in advance for a rookie question from a WordPress novice!

Basically, I have downloaded the plugin and understand how to draw it as a widget into my sidebar to create a slideshow there….

But, what I would really like would be for the slideshow to be the main image on the static frontpage of my website. I’m sure there is a simple way of doing this, but I am yet to venture far into the realms of adding code to Theme Templates….is there a simple way of doing this?

Thanks so much!

Jon

122. Rnaresh
    June 9, 2012 at 6:53 am #

I have used your slideshow plugin , it works fine.
    But there is a bug or may be I dont know about this.

I have installed it on my linux server with apache web server.

123. Anne
    July 2, 2012 at 10:50 pm #

We have been very happy with Superb Slideshow Gallery but have run into a problem with Version 9.

I updated my links to the new short code format, replacing the default numbers with the ones we use. But my width (195) and height (245) numbers are being ignored. The box is too wide and not tall enough. I have tried several other combinations with not succes.

• Anne
      July 2, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

Update: With some tinkering I have now achieved an acceptable results.

124. Bungle
    August 1, 2012 at 2:49 pm #

Plugin doesn’t work at all with latest WP installs, should be avoided

August 1, 2012 at 2:53 pm #

Hi Bungle, Can you please tel me what is your issue?? i have tested this in all wp versions.. and its working superb..

• Bungle
        August 2, 2012 at 2:19 am #

Added a comment here that this should be avoided in newest WP install, ignore completely, dumb ass user error and this has been running rock solid now for a few hours :(
        Sorry about that

125. Comment
    August 2, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

Hey. I’m having trouble displaying the slideshow ever since I updated the plugin. Here’s the shortcode: [ssg-superb-slideshow type="clients" width="1100" height="361" pause="8000" fade="500" cycles="0" rand="NO"]. And here’s the the link where it should be showing up: http://www.sirkdigital.com/clients/. Any ideas what the problem might be?

August 2, 2012 at 11:44 pm #

Hi, Just i saw the given link. and it looks working fine. Can you please reply what the exact issue. So we can help you on that.

126. Simon
    August 15, 2012 at 9:32 pm #

Hi, Since Upgrading WP to v3.4.1 and your slideshow plugin to v10, I am now receiving the error “No records found, please check your short code”

I have tried to generate the short code via the plugin for me to copy and paste into my page but that function is also not working.

The shortcode I am using is [ssg-superb-slideshow=frontpage=890=315=6000=1000=0=YES]

Can you help?

Cheers Simon

• Gopi
      August 16, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

Hi Simon, Please find the new short code in the post…

127. Jack
    August 22, 2012 at 9:51 pm #

Hey, love your plugin. I’m using it on the home page just below the navbar. I just upgraded to the latest version (10.0) and now my slideshow height and width won’t display properly, even though the settings haven’t changed. (It’s supposed to be 735×164, but is closer now to 300×300 or so). If it helps to troubleshoot it, I changed the width value on the settings page, submitted it, and noticed that it had no effect whatsoever.

Help!

It’s a live site, so I’m stuck!

Thanks. Jack

• Jack
      August 23, 2012 at 4:52 pm #

FYI, I removed the shortcode from the home page because the malfunction made for an eyesore. Anxious to get it back up if you can help make it render correctly.

• Jack
        August 27, 2012 at 9:42 pm #

OK, no response in many days now. Is there someplace else I should be asking to troubleshoot this issue? Again, after upgrading to the latest version, your plugin’s length and width are messed up and won’t respond to changes in the settings.

Please respond.

November 12, 2012 at 4:24 pm #

Please use the latest updated plugin.

November 12, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

Your using short code or php code?

If not able to find the issue, open this php file (superb-slideshow-gallery.php) file and go to to the line number 96 – 100 and 31 – 35 and update your value.

128. michelle
    September 6, 2012 at 8:56 pm #

hello, i downloaded this plugin a while back and it worked just fine. i noticed today that the gallery disappeared. Not sure why. please help. thank you

129. Does this plugin not work with the newest version of WP?
    November 2, 2012 at 2:37 pm #

Why is it not working?

November 12, 2012 at 4:23 pm #

Plugin tested till wordpress 3.4.2, Its working fine.
      Please use the latest updated version.

130. Designer
    November 19, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

Please clarify the below ASAP:
    I have used 2 galleries in my site. One as the widget and one in the content area.

Settings → superb slide show gallery → Gallery setting
    The transition time set here does it work for all the galleries created or only the widget gallery? There seems to be some difference in the transition of both.

131. Luigi Rotelli
    December 2, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

Dear Gopi,
    I have updated the plugin to the 10.2 version. I’m using WordPress 3.4.2.
    It stop working since the update.
    Instead of the gallery, it shows only a message: No records found, please check your short code

December 2, 2012 at 4:02 pm #

Please use the updated short code also check the “type” in your short code. if you mention correct type in the short code, it should work.

• Luigi Rotelli
        December 2, 2012 at 5:13 pm #

Ok, Gopi,
        It’s working now. I updated from version 8 and didnt’t noticed that the short code has changed.
        Thank you very much.
        Best regards,
        Luigi

132. banglanatyadol
    January 5, 2013 at 6:00 pm #

awesome

133. http://www.adaptavist.com
    January 13, 2013 at 8:52 pm #

Hello, this weekend is pleasant for me, since this occasion i am reading this wonderful educational post here at my residence.

134. Lars van de Donk
    January 22, 2013 at 12:56 pm #

Nice job on the plugin!
    The thing is… I’d like to add two different slideshows, that not possible now right?

• Lars van de Donk
      January 22, 2013 at 12:56 pm #

2 widgets that is

135. kkri
    March 29, 2013 at 7:23 pm #

I see several users asking how to add more instances of this plugin but I don’t see any answer. Can you explain us how to do it? Thanx

136. Bill
    March 30, 2013 at 2:57 am #

I want to remove the title bar that pops up on the last slide with an “X”.

137. Charissa
    April 10, 2013 at 4:05 am #

I do not even understand how I stopped up right here,
    however I thought this submit used to be good. I
    do not recognize who you are however certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already.
    Cheers!

138. kkri
    May 28, 2013 at 10:51 am #

Hi. Thanks for your plugin. Trying to center it in a page, using plugin v. 10.2. How to do it?

139. kkri
    June 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

Updated the plugin to the 11.0 version using WP 3.5.1, it has still old images of old slideshows I don’t use anymore, but when inserting a new image, the field “gallery/type” is no more available and it’s not visible also in the old images field. Tried to delete the plugin and upload again but the issue remains. What to do? Thanx

140. jamie
    June 7, 2013 at 9:39 am #

I have used you plugins before on my site and love them!

Quick question

Does this plugin allow the image to move to the next image ONLY when the user clicks the image?

I would like the user to be able to move on exactly the same as this website ….

click on an image and it cycles through the slideshow !