WP fade in text news

Everybody loves fade in and fade out; this plugin will create the fade-in and out effect in the wordpress website. It is an superb excellent way to transition between announcements. Admin can add more announcement using plugin text management area.

• Easy to customize
  • Short code available for page
  • Short code available for post
  • Supports localization

Live demo available below, if you want to create the fade in effect for the post title, use my Fade in fade out post title plugin.

Live Demo

Installation instruction & configuration

1. Download the ‘wp fade in text news’ plugin (wp-fade-in-text-news.zip) from download location.
  2. Unpack the *.zip file and extract the / wp-fade-in-text-news/ folder.
  3. Drop the ‘wp-fade-in-text-news’ folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  4. In word press administration panels, click on plug-in from the menu.
  5. You should see your new ‘wp-fade-in-text-news’ plug-in listed under Inactive plug-in tab.
  6. To turn the word presses plug-in on, click activate.

1. Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word-press admin.
  2. Search ‘wp fade in text news’ plugin using search option.
  3. Find he plugin and click ‘Install Now’ link.
  4. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.

2. Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word-press admin.
  3. Select upload link (top link menu).
  4. Upload the available wp-fade-in-text-news.zip file and click install now
  5. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.

• Go to widget link under Appearance tab, Drag and drop ‘fade in text news’ widget into your side bar.

• Copy and paste the given short code into page or post.

Short code for the version 1.0 to version 6.0

[FADEIN_TEXT_NEWS GROUP=”widget”]

Short code from the version 7.0 onwards

[fadein-text group=”widget”]

• Use the below php code in the template PHP file to render this plugin.
  • PHP code:  <?php if (function_exists (FadeIn)) FadeIn(); ?>

Security

Only website admin and the user have the administrator privilege can see and change the setting and can add,update,delete the plugin fade-in text in the website administration area.

Administration → Settings → Fade-in text news

Q1. How to arrange the plugin fade-in setting?

To update the plugin settings go to ‘Fadein text news’ menu under admin setting tab.

Administration → Settings → Fadein text news

Q2. How to update the existing plugin text?

To update the plug in default content go to ‘Fadein text news’ menu under admin setting tab and click the text management button.

Administration → Settings → Fadein text news → Text management button

Q3. Is possible to add the plugin more than one time in the same post or page?

No, only one time per page and post

Q4. How to group the announcement?

Use ‘group’ text box in the text management form to group the text announcement. and ‘widget’ is the default group for plugin widget.

Q5. How to display the announcement in the random order?

At present (version 1.0) we don’t have random order; always it show based on the order field in the text management form.

Q6. How to change the fade-in text CSS?

Just create the new CSS in your website CSS file with the name ‘FadeIn_CSS’. this is the ID of the fade-in DIV

Q7. My question is not listed in this FAQ?

Don’t worry; Just post the doubt in the comment section with correct email address.

142 Responses to“WP fade in text news”

April 22, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

[FADEIN_TEXT_NEWS GROUP=”widget”]

April 22, 2011 at 4:29 pm #

Use the above code in the page or post to render this plugin. GROUP is used to separate the announcement text. you can create many records and can group them with the GROUP field in the text management area. please feel free to post your doubt.

• Alok Verma
        May 8, 2012 at 6:25 am #

Dear Sir,
        pl help me for how to use php code in the template PHP file when create mor than one new group like “simple” and also “widget”

thanks, and wait ur reply

• kljkl
        October 19, 2012 at 10:58 am #

m,nm,

• Sean Furney
      May 23, 2011 at 11:03 am #

Hi Gopi I have updated to version 3 but it does not seem to work! The last version was great and worked well. I am putting [FADEIN_TEXT_NEWS GROUP=”widget”] this into the page html where Ii want the pop up to be displayed, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Sean.

May 23, 2011 at 12:49 pm #

Please check u have text with the group name widget.

2. Rotem Ayalon
    April 23, 2011 at 2:55 pm #

Iv’e put the PHP code in my template.
    the problem is that instead of seeing my text all I’m seeing is the word “undefined”.

any idea why?

April 23, 2011 at 3:27 pm #

Able to see the table and value in the database?? is this works in the widget ???

• Rotem Ayalon
        April 23, 2011 at 3:58 pm #

now I’m not seeing anything.
        Iv’e put only one text line to test – but nothing is showing…
        weird.
        this is the code Iv’e pasted in the PHP:

when I reverted to “horizontal news” it works.
        I casically want to swap between “horizontal” and “fade in”…

• Rotem Ayalon
        April 26, 2011 at 11:49 pm #

it’s no not working in the widget area as well.
        any thoughts?

April 27, 2011 at 1:20 am #

we can add only once in the page.. if u try to add more then one time in the same page. it will work only post.

• Leo Fua
        August 14, 2012 at 1:42 am #

I am having the same issue. In the Text Management form, I try to type in all information and nothing happens. The text does not even save. It goes back to a blank screen indicating that there is “no data available”. I don’t even see the list of entries in the lower half of this page. Am I doing something wrong?

• Daniel
      May 17, 2011 at 2:48 pm #

I think you should add ‘widget’ on Group Name Field, in order to testimonials to show.

3. Rotem Ayalon
    April 23, 2011 at 3:05 pm #

also, please explain these parameters:

Title:
    Fade Out:
    Fade In:
    Fade:
    Fade Step:
    Fade Wait:

thanks for all the help and the hard work,
    Rotem

April 23, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

These parameters are used to set the fade in effect.

• Rotem Ayalon
        April 23, 2011 at 3:36 pm #

please specify each and everyone of them separately to better understand their effect on the fade.

4. Rotem Ayalon
    April 23, 2011 at 3:11 pm #

another one for you:
    how do you make the announcements loop?
    they stop after the last announcement.

April 23, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

No it wont stop; it show announcement in the round. ex : 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 ….

5. Rotem Ayalon
    April 23, 2011 at 3:38 pm #

what if i don’t want to group the announcements?
    what is the behavior if many groups are activated (order of group display ect.).

6. Dan Schell
    April 23, 2011 at 5:49 pm #

————————-
    [FADEIN_TEXT_NEWS GROUP=”mens”]
    ————————-
    MEN’s

A snipit from my code is shown above.

HELP !

April 25, 2011 at 1:18 am #

Check with new version 2.0

7. Harald
    April 24, 2011 at 2:40 pm #

Hej Gori
    I have replaced Ticker with your plugin fade in text message. It worked great until I change some parameters under settings when is topped working. Only the first message shows and all formating is gone. Would it be possible for you to take a look at the site to see if you can find out what went wrong? If not, please let me know.
    PS I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled, but no change.DS
    Harald

April 25, 2011 at 1:17 am #

Now use version 2.0

8. Samuel
    April 24, 2011 at 5:31 pm #

I have tried both the method 1 and method 2 for the plugin configuration, both return : “undefined”

I have not tried the method 3 because I don’t know how I can try that.

How can you help for either of the 3 methods to work?

• Harald
      April 24, 2011 at 9:02 pm #

Samuel
      Have you replaced widget in the short-code with what ever you named the messages?

• Samuel
        April 27, 2011 at 11:42 am #

I have this:

ID Message Group Order Display Action
        1 Think positive! sample 1 YES Edit Delete
        3 Keep moving! sample 3 YES Edit Delete

And the method 1 as described by Gopi say:
        * Go to widget link under Appearance tab, Drag and drop ‘fade in text news’ widget into your side bar.

Do I need to replace the widget? If so how?

April 25, 2011 at 1:18 am #

can u send your links.. check default value available in the admin and table..

April 25, 2011 at 1:35 pm #

Now in the version 3.0 we can add our HTML content in the text area… now in the demo i have included HTML content with color option. :)

10. Dan Schell
    April 27, 2011 at 11:54 pm #

I am using version 3.
    It does not fade …. and the text is underlined.

Dan

11. sapna
    May 7, 2011 at 1:18 pm #

Hi, i am using this plugin.Thir is one problem when i changed text color ,fade in and fade out effect not show.

May 7, 2011 at 1:37 pm #

By default, the script fades from black-to-white upon enter, and white-to-black upon exit.

So we can see the effect only with default color.

12. DJ Urban Cowboy
    May 19, 2011 at 7:51 am #

Plugin works great…. But How can I get the pop to appear in the foreground… My movies and email list is appearing in front of it…..

May 19, 2011 at 8:02 am #

can u share the link… and u try to change the z index css for ur movies or fade text.

• DJ Urban Cowboy
        October 5, 2011 at 8:30 pm #

How do I adjust the Z index?

13. M V Bhaktha
    May 19, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

I have installed “Fade in Text News” plugin,
    under the Text Management settings after entering all the required field like “Message” “Display Status” “Group Name” “Display Order” there is a field for “Link” what is this link…..???? and what should be entered there….??? I am the web admin…..but a novice in this field can you explain me in simple steps as to what to enter in the “Link” field.Thank you.

May 19, 2011 at 3:08 pm #

Link field : This is the redirect link for that text. if the user click that text the page will redirect to that link.

Target : This option is to open the link in new window or same window.

• Gigy
        August 19, 2011 at 8:55 am #

I dont have “Target : This option is to open the link in new window or same window.” I use “Version 3.0″

14. jeff
    May 20, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

First – great plug-in! I loved watching the fade in/out when I first installed it.

Unfortunately, it no longer works for me…. only “undefined” now.

I put in my own texts and I deleted the sample texts. Then I only get undefined.

I deactivated plug-in, then reactivated — “undefined”

I deactivated, deleted, reinstalled and — “undefined”

I would like help, but I’m already searching for another plug-in. I hope I can use your “WP fade in text news” but it doesn’t look good for me.

Hope you can help. Thanks,
    -Jeff

May 20, 2011 at 1:08 pm #

Ok no problem. just enter only one record in the admin and see the front end .. enter clear text ( no special character ). and share the admin screen or link…

15. Andres
    May 20, 2011 at 4:41 pm #

To fix “undefined” message you must to deactivate the plugin, and then activate. That’s all. It works for me.

Thanks for the great plugin.

16. Andres
    May 20, 2011 at 4:59 pm #

Update: “undefined” Message:

The plugin only works if I choose “widget” as name in the “Group name” field in “Text management” configuration.

May be this is a bug, but is easy to fix it only using “widget” as name in the “Group name”.

Cheers!

May 21, 2011 at 2:40 am #

The concept is group name”widget” is for widget purpose. and user defined group name is for short code.

17. Luis
    May 22, 2011 at 2:37 am #

Fiest of all, let me congratulate you your excellnet plugin.
    I have 4″ blocks” of text, that I want to be spaced out exactly over 80 seconds, like this: Display first text for 30 seconds, followed by blank for 10 second, followed by second text 30 seconds, followed by blank 10 second.
    How should I set the parameters below?
    Fade Out:
    Fade In:
    Fade:
    Fade Step:
    Fade Wait:
    I have experimented with several, and don’t now exactly what to do to recreate the timing I described above.

18. sona
    May 25, 2011 at 8:04 am #

how do i change the colour of fade in and fade out? my website has a black background, so i want default text to be white and fade effect to be black. great plugin btw, thanks a lot lot!

19. womanhighheel
    May 26, 2011 at 1:53 am #

June 1, 2011 at 4:43 am #

Its fade-in from white to black and black to white …. we cant control…

20. Reynald
    May 28, 2011 at 4:32 pm #

hello is it possible that someone tell me or show me how to center the popup and make it over the amazon carrousel ?

thx for youe great help.

21. Reynald
    May 29, 2011 at 1:29 pm #

oups sorry wrong section !!!

22. Ron
    June 1, 2011 at 6:18 am #

does absolutely nothing, not a glimps of the popup

23. Marcus Little
    June 14, 2011 at 5:09 am #

I got your fade in text news to work but the underlined link text is distracting. I see you do not have the problem in your demo. How do I get rid of link lines when not having cursor over the text? Thanks in advance.

Marcus

24. Judy Culpepper
    July 4, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

If you visit my home page now, there is a video which covers up most of the pop up.

Is there a way to get the pop up on the top layer? or if not, is there a way to change the width and height so as to have the pop up be in a different position with regard to the video?

25. Jim Hamlett
    July 26, 2011 at 6:41 pm #

Gopi,
    Your plugin looks like it would be perfect for what I’d like to do. But I have a problem. How do I get rid of the underline in the text? We must specify a link for each text entry, but I don’t want the text to have an underline when it shows on the web page. Where can I change the “text decoration” to “none” so the underline does not show? Thank you.

July 27, 2011 at 1:51 am #

I think this underline coming from your theme css.

26. pablo
    July 28, 2011 at 7:57 am #

how i can change the color of the type?? how are the parameters?¿?

July 28, 2011 at 10:38 am #

no color change option.. bcos of fade in effect we need to maintain the black color…

27. Andy
    August 27, 2011 at 11:15 am #

Good plugin, but I can’t use it because of the underline problem mentioned above. I know it’s CSS, but it’s too much trouble to change just to make this work. The easy answer for me would be for you to remove the need for the the message to have a Link associated with it – for my initial application I don’t need it to have a link. If I did need it to link then having the underline may not be such a problem – but it would still be good to turn it off.

Also, I think you should put some basic help text on the config screen to help people understand the settings page, and you could have made life easier by including the shortcode in the message settings page so people could just cut and paste.

August 28, 2011 at 10:30 am #

FadeIn_CSS

In this CSS class u can control the Underline… create the new css with this class name in your theme css file…

• Eddie
        September 15, 2011 at 4:14 pm #

Hi, good plugin. Where can I find the CSS file to edit? As I too would like to get rid of the underlined text.

Eddie

28. Gezim
    September 2, 2011 at 10:44 am #

Hello, i’m new with this plugin as well as with wordpress. i have installed this plugin into my demo website and i can say you have done a magnificent work. However, there is something that i really need for my website. can i use recent post from blog category? if yes i would need some instructions or something to make it work.

Best
    Gzim

September 2, 2011 at 1:53 pm #

Hi, As per your requirements, plugin available in my plugin list…

29. Join Merchant Navy
    September 20, 2011 at 5:39 am #

its not working. showing undefined. how can i fix it?

30. Haydn
    September 20, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

Does this plug in have any custom capability? I only want a role set up in user role editor plugin to have access to fade in text news plug-in. Even though I have added new capability fade_in_text_news in the user role editor for the role in question it does not allow the role to access the plug-in. Any ideas how I can do this or do I need to find a text displaying plugin that has custom capability?

31. stef
    September 26, 2011 at 7:17 am #

hello, working on a popup add that is almost full width. I am using something that is banner size, and I am having trouble with cool fade popup. I have edited the css file to allow me the width to make that work, but it tells me that the css file is inactive. can you please email or give guidance as to the correct css that needs to be placed to facilitate full screen or large popups??

32. Andrew
    September 27, 2011 at 12:15 pm #

This plug-in worked really well to begin with, but now the text simply switches from one piece of text to the next, with no fading. Can you please specify what the parameters do? I know you’ve said that they control the way the fade effect works, but please let us know how they work, so that I can get the text fading again!!

33. ANiruddha
    September 27, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

Plug in is Not Working

I see the “[POPUP=IMG1]” at the top of the page

34. Randy
    October 2, 2011 at 4:02 pm #

Gopi, thank you for the plugin. I would like to have the text appear in-line; i.e., no line breaks. Editing a CSS would be ideal, and I see references to FadeIn_CSS but do not see the CSS file where this class is defined. Can you explain further?

October 3, 2011 at 12:50 am #

CSS file is in theme folder.

35. Randy
    October 3, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

Gopi, here are a few things that would be really great:

1. Enable/disable the linking.

2. Link should be able to do “target=_blank” so that a new window is opened if needed.

3. Ability to put the text completely inline with existing text. I have not yet been able to do this with CSS.

4. Ability to style the font (color, size, etc.)

Thank you for considering!

36. Tia
    October 17, 2011 at 1:40 pm #

I have your plugin installed on my site and I love it. However I can’t get it to stop jumping when it switches from one line to another, is there a way to make it a default size? Thanks so much!

37. Shawn
    October 20, 2011 at 6:07 pm #

You should create a help document that explains all the technical questions so that users can easily get these answers instead of having to scroll thru postings, most of which are not answered. Here are my questions that also include questions from others that were not answered:

1. I have entered on my page. It only displays items created with the group name of “widget”, why? Doesn’t this defeat the purpose of creating groups? I use the php code because I’m entering it in a php file/template – I don’t want to use the widget feature nor the short-code because I want this on more than just one page.

2. Settings issues/questions:
    Title: <- this does not show up; why?

What are the timings for the settings below? Is this in milliseconds or seconds? The first two sound obvious but what exactly are the last three?
    Fade Out:
    Fade In:
    Fade:
    Fade Step:
    Fade Wait:

3. I want my link for the text to launch another window instead of navigating away from my page. However it appears that you can't put html code in the link field. You have a posting on May 19, 2011 at 3:08 pm where you mention "Target" but like the "Gigy" person I don't see that option either. How to have this launch a new window?

38. shan
    October 27, 2011 at 10:40 am #

Hello well I’ve got a same issue i suppose…! i installed and paste the php code in my template..but the result comes with ‘undefined’ message instead of my own entered text.

any solution to fix this bug..?

39. Jason
    October 28, 2011 at 12:20 am #

Having trouble getting it to work. I have four text messages set to “Yes” display and each is part of a group called “widget”. I added this to the bottom of the page in the html section “[FADEIN_TEXT_NEWS GROUP=”widget”]” but no show. I’ve tried adding it to the sidebar and it doesn’t show up there either. I’m missing something but what?

40. Shlomo
    October 29, 2011 at 9:52 pm #

The rotation doesn’t work at all. does that go tot do with the setup (that you don’t answer about….):
    Fade Out:
    Fade In:
    Fade:
    Fade Step:
    Fade Wait:

also please, I’ve got “” in the titles could they be causing this problem?

Also, I’ve got another scrooling widget of yours, can they be at the same page?

41. James
    November 1, 2011 at 10:20 pm #

I deleted the original sample text and added one of my own, now the fader only displays “undefined” over and over again.

• jeff
      November 6, 2011 at 6:01 pm #

hey James,

I’m not Gopi, but I did have the same problem you have.

Here is how you fix it:

Enter just one record in the admin. Look at the front end .. enter clear text (no special character).
      Share the admin screen or link

Fixed.

42. Raymond
    November 11, 2011 at 3:54 am #

hay Gopi nice work, i just want to tell u that the link option is not necessary, can u remove that or make option on / off link

November 11, 2011 at 4:36 am #

If you dont have link just enter the “#” or lev the field blank.

43. Direct Admin
    November 13, 2011 at 1:07 am #

I’ve read a few good stuff here. Definitely price bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how so much attempt you put to make this type of magnificent informative site.

44. Ink & Toner
    November 20, 2011 at 2:17 pm #

Hi, I come acoss this writing by Aol search engine. figured I should take a look around. I read few content on this website. Thanks.

45. ahmed
    November 24, 2011 at 12:55 pm #

November 25, 2011 at 1:07 am #

am working for this…

46. Bruce
    November 29, 2011 at 12:09 am #

I’m having the same issue. My widget works, but the shortcode in my page doesn’t.

47. Greg
    December 6, 2011 at 3:59 pm #

Hello, using your plugin on the home page only using Conditional tags and ‘do shortcode’ in my template file. When I go to an interior page, Firebug shows an error repeating:
    “FadeIn_bFadeOutt is not defined [Break On This Error] if (FadeIn_bFadeOutt) {”

I’m using:
    if ( is_front_page() ) {
    // display certain sidebar content on home page only
    if (function_exists (FadeIn)) FadeIn();
    echo “”;
    } else {
    // catch-all for everything else (archives, searches, 404s, etc)
    echo “”;
    } // That’s all, folks!

• Greg
      December 6, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

I tried using “echo do_shortcode(“[FADEIN_TEXT_NEWS GROUP=’widget’]”);” instead and that didn’t work at all.

I need to clear up these errors in order to use this plugin. Any suggestions? My knowledge of conditional tags is very limited so if I made any mistakes, please let me know. Thanks!

• Greg
        December 13, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

I’d be happy to send you a link to my temporary site to show you but I’d rather not post it publicly. Thanks for your help in advance!

• Yamary
        January 2, 2012 at 5:17 am #

Intelligence and similpicty – easy to understand how you think.

• qqzvatjkn
        January 2, 2012 at 4:34 pm #

IIMeaJ rzgqnqhasgzy

• zlorfgmwf
        January 3, 2012 at 6:59 pm #

xZ4OYC inqtrljqywgz

48. thinley tobgay
    December 21, 2011 at 6:42 am #

can we remove the link

49. mak
    January 5, 2012 at 9:56 am #

i have dark background of fade in text news. default settings are not useful i want contraversy effect… please tell me how to

50. Peter
    January 9, 2012 at 5:15 am #

The frustrating thing about this plugin is that it is almost a great idea. As stated in above comments, it only works if the group name is “widget” otherwise you get an undefined message.
    I tried another group name, no special characters or anything .e.g “mygroup” and get the undefined message, so I am forced to always use the group name “widget” for it to work.
    Someone already highlighted this exact bug, but I noticed the plugin author responded, but in their response did not acknowledge the bug, so to this day, the bug remains.

51. Peter
    January 9, 2012 at 5:48 am #

I have fixed the bug regarding the fact that it ONLY works with the group name ‘widget’ so that it now can work with any group name.
    In the file wp-fade-in-text-news.php around line 54 it says:
    $sSql = “select FadeIn_text,FadeIn_link from “.WP_FadeIn_TABLE.” where FadeIn_status=’YES’ and FadeIn_group=’widget'”;
    which is a problem because it is ONLY retrieving records from the database if they have the group name “widget”. All you need to do is shorten this line to this:
    $sSql = “select FadeIn_text,FadeIn_link from “.WP_FadeIn_TABLE.” where FadeIn_status=’YES'”;

• RWD
      March 23, 2012 at 1:27 pm #

this doesnt work for me, i have two groups on one page – is this simply a fix for being able to display more than one group?

52. David
    February 2, 2012 at 4:57 am #

I keep getting ‘Undefined’ instead of the message that it should be.

I have two entries with text.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

53. David
    February 2, 2012 at 4:59 am #

As Peter said above, changing the group name to ‘widget’ makes it work. Looks like a bug then.

54. Mugsy
    February 10, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

Any way to center the popup or otherwise set its position?

• kardjo
      February 11, 2012 at 3:53 pm #

Ihave code in my theme below:

maybe can help you.

But @admin, when I hardcode your function into my template, I don’t know how to filter into group.
      When I took it produce an error.

Pls, give us your light.
      Thx.

55. kardjo
    February 11, 2012 at 3:56 pm #

Oops, html code is not accepted here…

div style=”text-align:center;”
    ?php if (function_exists (FadeIn)) FadeIn(); ?
    /div

*you should add ” at begin and end of each line.

56. Rahul
    March 14, 2012 at 7:19 am #

Thanks for such awesome plugin.

If I place your both plugin Image horizontal reel scroll & Fade in text news then “Fade in text news” do not work.

If I remove Image horizontal reel scroll from that page then Fade in text news again starts to work.

Can you please help to run both at same page.

• Rahul
      March 14, 2012 at 7:20 am #

Url : http://www.acumenadvertising.com/

• Rahul
        March 15, 2012 at 9:18 am #

Sorry if did not find the issue…

but now it is there,
        Url : http://www.acumenadvertising.com/

Thanks for such awesome plugin.

Can you please help to run both at same page.

57. Dipak
    March 25, 2012 at 8:55 am #

Hello Gopi

I am using this plugin in one of the site and the fade in out effect is just erratic. It is just fadeing in and out quite fast. Any ideas how to make this behave normally.

The site’s URL is http://www.executives4u.com.

please suggest.

Dipak

58. Frank Verheyen
    March 30, 2012 at 9:21 am #

Hi, I have been testing the horizontal scroller plugin together with a popup plugin, which works file. When you click on the text in the scroller, it opens the relevant popup.
    The link I use is this : Leden:stuur uw gegevens op

Now I would like to use this too for the WP fade in plugin, but I did not get it to work. So instead opening a post I would like to show a popup. Can you please help? Thanks!

59. Ken
    April 10, 2012 at 5:02 pm #

Any update on removing the link feature? I use the text for book reviews and most do not require a link. If you could put in a check box to use, or not use a link it would be nice.

• Ken
      April 10, 2012 at 6:15 pm #

Oh and my coding is correct…text-decorations=none still has underline.

60. ShresthaBros
    April 15, 2012 at 6:15 am #

hello there,

i just added this plugin it looks nice on my client’s website and now my clients need that plugin must come with 3/4 group displayed
    any body please help me out

61. Surya
    April 25, 2012 at 7:55 am #

The fade in text message does not fade in but instead is formatted as underlined and solid, and linked to # not the linked page described when i insert the text.
    Please help

62. larry
    April 26, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

so I love the plug in but have a problem, I can’t seem to change the color of your font to white and it doesn’t fade to and from invisible, but white instead.

I need the font to be white and the fade color to either be transparent or black

help!

thanks!

Larry

63. PaulV
    April 27, 2012 at 8:12 pm #

I see your comments about the fadein.css file to edit to remove the underline, or link. I have searched everwhere for this file.
    Can you tell me where it is?

64. Grande
    May 8, 2012 at 5:26 pm #

Can anybody help me please.. I just want a few texts to fade in and out. I do not want them to be click-able in anyway. I tried removing the tag in the php file. The text then isn’t click-able anymore but also doesn’t fade in and out anymore.. Does anybody have a idea how i can make this?

65. Cristian
    May 25, 2012 at 12:27 am #

Admin, a few people have already asked you to explain the functionality of each of the following commands:

Fade Out:
    Fade In:
    Fade:
    Fade Step:
    Fade Wait:

Will you ever reply to this question?

66. Tom
    May 28, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

I am trying to have the widget include a with some custom CSS so i can have some text in a differnet color. But the fade effect does not get applied to the ‘d content. thoughts?

67. sri
    June 18, 2012 at 11:45 am #

hi i use this plugin,but it not works for me..just what i type in the text management it will show in the front end with a underlined text….sri and widget are the two group names.. please help me

68. J
    July 2, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

Uncaught ReferenceError: FadeIn_SetFadeLinks is not defined wp-fade-in-text-news.js:35
    650Uncaught ReferenceError: FadeIn_bFadeOutt is not defined wp-fade-in-text-news.js:47

29835

Over a year later… Please, please can you fix this darn plugin? :(

69. Kevin Martin
    July 11, 2012 at 9:06 am #

Thanks for creating this awesome plugin!

70. Glenn
    August 6, 2012 at 12:38 am #

When I try to use the shortcode, the plugin works fine with the default text. But when I edit the text and refresh the page, it reads, “No record found for this short code”.

August 6, 2012 at 1:14 am #

it means no record available in the particular group/category.

71. Shehbaz
    August 17, 2012 at 11:09 am #

I’m trying add a paragraph in the text so I can layout the text for a testimonial but pressing Enter does not insert a paragraph.

How do I get around this?

72. Glenn
    September 6, 2012 at 11:03 pm #

The values listed are:

if(!is_numeric($FadeIn_FadeOut)){ $FadeIn_FadeOut = 255; }
    if(!is_numeric($FadeIn_FadeIn)){ $FadeIn_FadeIn = 0; }
    if(!is_numeric($FadeIn_Fade)){ $FadeIn_Fade = 0; }
    if(!is_numeric($FadeIn_FadeStep)){ $FadeIn_FadeStep = 3; }
    if(!is_numeric($FadeIn_FadeWait)){ $FadeIn_FadeWait = 3000;

And they result in a flash of white of the existing message, then flash into white of the incoming message. How to we change the timing of the white, or remove them altogether?

73. JSmith
    September 25, 2012 at 4:13 pm #

Can anyone explain the parameters of this plugin? I can’t get it to fade — it just flashes from one news clip to the next.

74. Ahmet Iscan
    September 29, 2012 at 7:05 pm #

Thank you very nice work.

75. sudhir
    September 30, 2012 at 11:37 am #

I keep getting ‘Undefined’ instead of the message that it should be.

I have two entries with text.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

76. Aka
    October 17, 2012 at 4:37 pm #

How can I use this on a black background theme?

77. David Fowler
    October 23, 2012 at 1:10 am #

I’ve been having the same problem with undefined appearing and haven’t found a fix.

It seems that if you just edit the default text, all works well.

If you blow away the test text and enter in new items, things go wonky.

Any one else seen this?

78. David Fowler
    October 23, 2012 at 1:23 am #

I just changed the group name to “widget” and everything started working again.

Looks like the fix mentioned earlier in this thread is not working.

79. Matthew Wayne Selznick
    October 24, 2012 at 11:08 pm #

Hi — working with your plugin on a localhost server in development. It’s exactly what I need… but I’m having difficulty applying text-align: right to the actual text. I’ve tried adding classes to the a tag, but that’s not working. I’d really appreciate some help…

80. Nimitz
    November 15, 2012 at 5:56 am #

Can we remove the link? on the message field?

81. Victor Delta
    December 16, 2012 at 11:48 pm #

Gopi – many thanks for a great plug-in. Only slight problem I have is that when one first accesses the appropriate webpage http://www.dormen.org.uk, the first text line appears in another colour (blue) with a backslash at the left hand end of it. Is it possible to use the settings to suppress this please?
    Do hope there may one day be a random order option.
    Thanks again.

82. Andris
    December 17, 2012 at 12:44 am #

Mnjaa, without random function can’t use plugin, so sad.. :(

83. GJ
    January 3, 2013 at 4:34 pm #

Is it possible to have different testimonials appear on different pages?

84. GJ
    January 3, 2013 at 4:35 pm #

And, can I change the fade color from white to a custom color?

85. daniel
    January 18, 2013 at 9:47 pm #

i was wondering if there was anything in the works to allow for more than one fade in fade out per page. I saw it is not possible per the FAQ section.

i have a page that has 3 columns and it would be AWESOME to have fade in and fade out text under each one. Currently i am using it on my home page and i really the product.

any suggestions? something in beta now maybe?

86. arju
    January 31, 2013 at 6:08 am #

i can’t display the text in a specific group. it always shows all texts.

87. arju
    January 31, 2013 at 6:18 am #

how to hide the text in a specific group.

88. David
    February 7, 2013 at 6:52 pm #

I’ve just started using this plugin today. It does work after a bit of faddling about. For all those above who have been getting nonsensical answers in respect of removing the underline then this is what you need to add to your main style.css theme php file:

#FadeIn_CSS a {
    text-decoration:none;

Nobody above seemed to actually be able to just give the answer!

Moving on now to trying to suss out how to change the colour fade as we don’t all want it to be black to white!

89. Stephan
    March 12, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

I would like to fade in and out recent posts. I just received this plugin and only see an option to add manually text to display. Can it be done, so that the plugin pulls from the recent posts part of my site?

90. derrick
    April 19, 2013 at 2:30 am #

this doesn’t work. try Flexi Quote Rotator. I like it much better….and it works. Haha

91. SAEED
    May 30, 2013 at 10:01 am #

UNDEFINED PROBLEM SOLVED!
    go to phpmyadmin then change Collation of this columns : FadeIn_id , FadeIn_text , FadeIn_link , FadeIn_order in the wp_FadeInText_plugin table, to a proper UTF8 value.

92. Athervan
    June 15, 2013 at 11:19 am #

How to change the text color?

93. Dee
    July 12, 2013 at 12:15 am #

Thanks for the plug-in!

I was wondering if there is any way to remove the redirect link from the text. I don’t want the text to look “clickable”. I tried to leave the link field blank, but I’m required to enter something in that field.

94. blenger
    July 16, 2013 at 3:44 am #

how to : link target = _blank? (new window). ..