Announcement ticker highlighter scroller

Announcement ticker highlighter scroller wordpress plugin create an announcement scroller in sidebar. It gradually reveals each message into view from bottom to top.

Plugin feature

1. Simple plugin.
  2. Style override system.
  3. We can add/edit/delete announcement any time.
  4. Enable/disable option available so no need to delete announcement.

Live demo available on the sidebar. check my other announcement plugin. 1. announcement and vertical scroll news 2. News announcement scroll 3.Continuous rss scrolling

• Download the plugin announcement-ticker-highlighter-scroller.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the announcement-ticker-highlighter-scroller.zip file
  • Extract the /announcement-ticker-highlighter-scroller/ folder.
  • Drop the “announcement-ticker-highlighter-scroller” folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new “announcement ticker highlighter scroller” plug-in listed.

• Search “announcement ticker highlighter scroller” plugin using search option.

• Upload the available announcement-ticker-highlighter-scroller.zip file and click install now.

Drag and drop the widget : Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop Announcement ticker highlighter scroller widget into your side bar.

Add directly in the theme : Use this PHP code <?php if (function_exists (g_aths_announcement)) g_aths_announcement(); ?>  to add the gallery into your theme files.

Q1. Can I add more announcements at same time?

Yes, you can add many announcement, this plugin will display one by one based on give order.

Q2. Can I customize the colour and align style?

Dashboard → Settings → Announcement ticker highlighter scroller

Version history

6.0
Security fix, only admin can see the plugin link in the dashboard

5.0
Tested up to 3.2.1

4.0
Tested up to 3.0

3.0
New JavaScript to support both IE and Mozilla.
Now Multilingual support enabled, so you can add announcement in all languages. To post announcement in other language, simply copy and paste the other language content in announcement text area.

2.0
Changes in JS.

1.0
First version.

Other related plugin

41 Responses to“Announcement ticker highlighter scroller”

1. Alwa
    December 8, 2010 at 8:36 am #

Sir, i’ve used this plugin. and can this plugin to be setting up to date example this plugin has an expiry date when you enter a new message so entries i add will auto expire on the correct date

2. Alex
    January 2, 2011 at 7:15 pm #

Hi ! I wonder why this plugin ( the settings page ) is seen for mere subscribers. Is there a way for me to get rid of this bug ? The WP version I’m using is 3.0.4 ( the newest one ).

3. Annie
    February 6, 2011 at 4:42 am #

I was going to install this plugin however when it does not work on the home page of your site it does not make me feel confident about placing it on my homepage.

4. Teri
    March 11, 2011 at 9:47 pm #

I have used this plug in on three wp blogs without any problems and loved it! However . . . when I updated to newest wp version a bug showed up in it. Subscribers in their dashboards can see the plug in and make changes to it as well. I’ve deactivated it till the bug can be fixed, which I hope you do . . . I’ll be missing it till then!

5. johnsi
    May 27, 2011 at 2:00 pm #

Is there any way to make the order of the announcements random ??

6. MohamadReza
    June 2, 2011 at 3:51 pm #

excellent…..thanks very very much.but please update it for WP 3.1.3 and more

7. Kid
    July 6, 2011 at 9:26 pm #

Is there any way to have a shortcode for the plugin, so that I can include it anywhere on my pages?

It is only possible to insert it in the PHP template, but not ideal if you don’t want it on pages.

thank you for your support, and by the way: GREAT PLUGIN!

8. TsiartasSS
    July 21, 2011 at 1:01 pm #

Hello, how can i disable Subscribers from viewing this plugin Settings????

Very Important

July 21, 2011 at 1:19 pm #

i will update version 6.0 immediately…

9. TsiartasSS
    July 21, 2011 at 1:30 pm #

Ok, can you post here when updated ?

10. varuna kalra
    July 24, 2011 at 12:45 pm #

pls give me detail of online cpt xam

• varuna kalra
      July 24, 2011 at 12:46 pm #

pls send as soon as posible

• TsiartasSS
        July 25, 2011 at 6:13 am #

what is online cpt xam ?

11. Chris
    September 12, 2011 at 3:33 pm #

The 6.0 version indicated fix for admin only viewable. I have the latest version and all members below Admin cannot view settings for this plugin, please let us know when this will be fixed. Thanks

September 13, 2011 at 1:06 am #

yes, in 6.0 only admin can view the setting page…

• Roger Williams
        October 19, 2011 at 12:21 pm #

Giving access only to admin is causing me an issue; I don’t want to give my client access to the admin area but she wants to be able to update the ticker otherwise I have to do it and I don’t have time and don’t want to charge. What can you do to fix this?

• Kaedn
        January 2, 2012 at 5:13 am #

That’s a sharp way of tiknhing about it.

• dnanvso
        January 2, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

QvOAZ3 jkpldkarfbec

• suhzfo
        January 3, 2012 at 6:38 pm #

iNjvvD oqjsfnilbbwv

12. Theodoros
    September 16, 2011 at 7:31 am #

This plugin & also vertical scroll recent posts do not work in Internet Explorer 9. Please check.

13. SUDEEP RAJBHANDARI
    September 24, 2011 at 9:03 pm #

How can solve this message problem “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page”, when i install “announcement ticker highlighter scroller”
    I CAN’T EDIT OR DELET MESSAGE in your plug in…….HELP.. HELP

• SUDEEP RAJBHANDARI
      September 24, 2011 at 9:04 pm #

HELP HELP HELP

14. Michael
    September 26, 2011 at 8:51 pm #

I have used the plugin on a clients site and it is multilingual. I use it with simple text – how can I use it multilingual with WPML? Thx in advance.

Michael

15. Jordan
    November 27, 2011 at 9:26 pm #

Hi, Thank you for creating so many wonderful and easy-to-use plugins for wordpress! Your work is great.

I just found your Announcement Ticker Highlight Scroller. Do you have plans to add a shortcode for this plugin? I find it very simple and useful for my site, but I would like to embed it into a page an don’t know enough php, css to do so without shortcode functionality. Thank you!

Jordan

16. adeem
    November 30, 2011 at 7:01 am #

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

17. amanda
    January 29, 2012 at 10:03 pm #

hi,
    Please can you tell me how to change font size.

18. MArcus
    February 12, 2012 at 2:42 am #

hi, how do i remove the title from the widget? Currently if i leave it blank, there’s simply a blank space. Wish to remove it.

By the way, great job with the widgets!

19. Dieter G.
    March 14, 2012 at 12:57 pm #

Hi from Germany,

the W3C-Validator generate an error for this very great Plugin. My Tickertext is styled with html-code. I am not a programmer, only a simple Photographer. My Question: what should I do for a w3c validation?

Thx for Support and Notes

Dieter

20. Dieter Gotzen
    March 14, 2012 at 4:46 pm #

Hi @all,

i have solved the Problem with the W3C-Validator. I´am replaced the Code in the “announcement-ticker-highlighter-scroller.php” with this:

//<![CDATA[

var g_aths_contents=new Array()

var g_aths_width=”px”
    var g_aths_height=”px”
    var g_aths_css=””
    var g_aths_delay= //delay btw messages
    var g_aths_speed= //2 pixels at a time.
    var g_aths_highlightcolor=””
    var g_aths_textcolor=””

document.write(‘#g_aths_bg a{color:’+g_aths_textcolor+’}’)
    document.write(”)
    document.write(”)
    document.write(”)
    g_aths_startcontent();
    //if (document.all || document.getElementById)
    //window.onload=g_aths_startcontent
    //]]>

The Validator-Check is now ok. No errors. The Codefragment works in my Theme-File single.php. Look at my site: http://blog.foto-dg.de

Dear Gopi, thanks for this great Plugin.

Dieter

21. Jule
    March 16, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

I tried to use a php code in the scroller to add some variable data, but it doesn’t display anything. Any ideas how to use php inside a announcement?

thx

22. Tameer
    April 23, 2012 at 12:56 pm #

nice PlugIn that you created! But I´ve still another wish: It would be great to have the possibilitiy to stop the flow of announcements, perhaps some kind of navigation or stop-button is possible.

23. ag
    January 28, 2013 at 5:39 pm #

Every time I click on SETTINGS PAGE to modify the settings (length of scroll, speed, etc.,.) it takes me to a “non existent page on the website” and says PAGE NOT FOUND. Can not modify settings!

24. frankie
    January 30, 2013 at 5:01 pm #

is there a way of keeping the ticker as it is, but turning off the highlighter which rolls over the top of the text making it more bold?, have taken off the background colour now just text on white bg then a bolder thicker text rolls up over the content text

fx

• Studio Stien
      January 30, 2013 at 8:48 pm #

Hi Frankie,

As a workaround for this issue I have set the delay to a certain value (lets say 10 sec (10000), which is fast enough for my text) and set the speed to 1ms. This way the visitor doesn’t see the highlighter moving, but only the end result, which works fine for me.

Regards, Studio Stien

25. kevin
    February 4, 2013 at 10:22 pm #

When I change the display status to NO, the webpage then shows “undefined.” How can I get rid of that?

26. http://mrgo.free.fr
    February 16, 2013 at 11:44 am #

What i don’t realize is actually how you are not really much more well-liked than

you may be right now. You’re very intelligent. You realize thus

considerably relating to this subject, produced me personally consider it from numerous varied angles.
    Its like men and women aren’t fascinated unless it’s one thing to

accomplish with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. Always maintain it up!

27. doOb
    April 28, 2013 at 8:50 pm #

I want to show announcements random. Is it possible? and how?

28. dokumentasi
    May 27, 2013 at 7:50 am #

hmm…

what announce can be put here, maybe some event?

29. Ricardo Santos
    June 10, 2013 at 3:18 pm #

Hi there! Manny thanks for all the great plugins you have made!
    Is it possible to have a link in this plugin?

30. Chris
    June 30, 2013 at 1:03 am #

Hello, I am pleased to find your plug in that does not cause website disruptions like many others. it has made my day very happy. I was wondering though if (or where) would I replace code to insert a constant radiant code for the ‘highlight’ section?

31. Isaac
    July 18, 2013 at 3:45 pm #

I would like to give the editor access to the plugin im the dashboard.
    I found this line:

if (is_admin())

{

add_action(‘admin_menu’, ‘g_aths_add_to_menu’);

How can I add the “editor”?