Twitter real time search

Twitter real time search plugin will scroll the most recent twittered content from your twitter account into your website sidebar. This widget displays the content using your twitter feed, and not just a display it will scroll the content one by one in the widget. It’s a real time information from the twitter wall. Every time it will fetch and display most ten recent twitter content from your account.

• Easy configuration.
  • Your twitter content on your website sidebar.
  • Scrolling.

See live demo on sidebar. In this live demo its scrolling my twitter content (@gopiplus). Do you want scroll the own content instead of twitter content? use announcement and vertical scroll news plugin. Do you want scroll the rss feed? use continuous rss scrolling plugin.

Installation Instruction

• Download the plugin scroll-twitter-realtime-search.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the scroll-twitter-realtime-search.zip file
  • Extract the /scroll-twitter-realtime-search/ folder.
  • Drop the scroll twitter realtime search folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new scroll twitter real time search plug-in listed.
  • To turn the WordPress plug-in on, click activate.

• Go to Add New menu under Plugins tab in your word-press admin.
  • Search scroll twitter real time search plugin using search option.

• Download the plugin scroll-twitter-realtime-search.zip from download link.
  • Go to Add New menu under Plugins tab in your word press admin.
  • Upload the available scroll-twitter-realtime-search.zip file and click install now.

Drag and drop the widget:
Go to widget page under appearance tab, Drag and drop Twitter real time search widget into your side bar.

Short code for pages and posts:

Use the below short code in the pages and posts.

[twitter-real-scrolling username="gopiplus" height="30" display="3"]

username : Enter twitter user name.
height: This is the height of the each tweet in the scroll.
display: No of tweet you want to show in the screen at same time.

Q1. How to change the twitter username?

Go to widget management area and change the ‘Twitter username’ field.

Q2. Can I change the Slide Direction?

Q3. Why my news content out of range?

In front end widget area, if you see any news content out of area or invisible, it because of height and width of the widget, so you should arrange width and height of the widget in widget configuration area.

Q4. Can I change the scroll manner from vertical to horizontal?

No, Option not available. If you want to scroll horizontally, use my Horizontal Scroll plugin and this plugin available for both text and images.

64 Responses to“Twitter real time search”

1. Day Milovich
    August 1, 2010 at 8:21 pm #

WP HTTP Error: Couldn’t resolve host

what is that mean?

2. Nathan
    August 9, 2010 at 3:29 pm #

I would be nice to be able to display a certain hashtag… would you consider this for future versions?

• Bixen
      October 14, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

Sure, it would be great to have a live feed of tweets about #something

3. pedro
    August 30, 2010 at 10:28 pm #

Great plugin – congrats – works like a charm, the only thing i miss is that i cant choose that the URLs could open in a new window :-)

4. RoyDean Leighton
    September 7, 2010 at 1:59 am #

Modified line 307:
    From: Text Alignt (left/center/right/justify)
    To: Text Align (left/center/right/justify)

Notice the t after Align

5. RoyDean Leighton
    September 7, 2010 at 2:00 am #

Also, the parameters for alignment and such do not seem to work. And the text is being chopped off on the left and right in the scrolling box.

6. RoyDean Leighton
    September 7, 2010 at 2:01 am #

And if I enter text in the None of these words field I don’t get anything happening in the scrollbox.

7. Dave
    September 8, 2010 at 8:06 am #

Excellent widget,thank you… but I can’t set the language to English. I click save and it reverts back to ‘any language’

8. Ellie Nowels
    September 21, 2010 at 7:45 pm #

I removed the widget – the text appears outside and to the right of the box. Only the title appears in the box. I also set the text color to black but the theme’s style sheet overrides the widget settings and display the text as red. I am using WP 3.0.1

9. crazy
    September 30, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

Great bunch of pi’s you got here! Hard to decide a favorite.

10. tuxpan
    October 4, 2010 at 1:41 am #

I have 2 questions.

1.- Can I write in the “twitter searh word” more than one word, I dont know 3 or 4 words ..?
    2.- How many time it’s update msg display ??

Help me..! pls

11. tuxpan
    October 4, 2010 at 10:53 am #

great job..! Can you help me with before question ?

October 4, 2010 at 4:20 pm #

yes, you can enter n words “http://search.twitter.com/” search the words using this link and in the search result page, click feed,

the same result u ll get in the widget.

12. Jack
    October 12, 2010 at 4:58 am #

Great plug-in! I am having a problem with it displaying search results it is just telling me that there is no content available. I have tried a variety of search terms, but with no success. I have also tried the searches on twitter and they all work.

Can you please let me know if there is anything I can try to resolve the issue? The site is currently pw protected, so please let me know if that could affect the functionality?

Jack

13. Cab4Now
    December 4, 2010 at 6:11 am #

Hi, installed yesterday and it looks great, thanks.

The initial set of results appeared but it doesn’t look like it’s updating. The same tweets appear and they’re now 20 hours old.

The search term is London taxi and I’m running the latest WP installation wordpress-3.0.2. Any ideas please?

14. Cab4Now
    December 4, 2010 at 6:33 am #

Just updated the language setting and current results now appear again. I’ll check again in a few hours to see if that’s fixed it.

15. Mansfield
    December 10, 2010 at 8:26 pm #

Hey just a heads up, you forgot to define the script type when you call the .js file. It throws the Xhtml validation off :)

On your site the error is here:
    Line 520, Column 158: required attribute “type” not specified

Just needs the type defineing then the Xhtml validates nicely as you can see from my site :)

Great plug in :D.

16. mike
    January 4, 2011 at 4:55 am #

would be nice to have the relative time.

• mike
      January 5, 2011 at 2:57 am #

on another note, if you want to use more than 1 keyword, Twitter has the ability to use operators like google (OR and AND). Your search term can be something like so:

chickens OR “I Love Chickens” OR mycoolusername

17. François-Xavier Harbec
    January 6, 2011 at 10:37 am #

Hi, great plug-in thanks! Is it possible to put the widget directly on a page instead of the sidebar widget?

18. Herbert
    January 28, 2011 at 7:49 am #

Nice plugin. 3 suggested features:

a.) That it remembers the selected language (every time I hit save the default – all languages is overwriting my selected english)

b.) Ability to block all tweets that have a link.

c.) Ability to show more than just one tweet.

Thanks otherwise :)

19. Dave Jackson
    March 9, 2011 at 4:09 am #

The problem I found (easy fix I am sure) is that it skews to the right, almost touching the right margin (even in your demo here.) On some themes there is no way to get the text off that right hand border line.

Dave

20. The Z
    March 16, 2011 at 4:44 pm #

Great Job… Only one little thing…

Hen opening a link in the widget, the user is taken to the page-but in the same window as the blog!

Could you have at least the default be to open a new window, please?

If anyone else wanted, perhaps a choice in the configuration, but for now a good fix would be _blank

Thanks for a great widget!

P.S. A bit of REGEX (AND OR) wouldn’t hurt! :)

21. Aran
    March 17, 2011 at 5:57 am #

I second (or third) the open in new tab/window option. I want to keep users on my site, not drive them away.

22. The Z
    March 19, 2011 at 2:52 pm #

Didn’t like the fact that a cick took the user away frm the blog, so I made the .php look like:

[...]
    if ( $link == ” ) {
    $myLink = $title;
    } else {
    $myLink = ‘‘ . $author . ‘: ‘ . $title . ‘‘;
    $myLink = mysql_real_escape_string($myLink);
    [...]

Making this selectable in the set GUI would have been ideal, bit I can’t spend time on your excellent plugin right how.

23. The Z
    March 19, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

Sorry:

[...]
    if ( $link == ” ) {
    $myLink = $title;
    } else {
    $myLink = ‘‘ . $author . ‘: ‘ . $title . ‘‘;
    $myLink = mysql_real_escape_string($myLink);
    [...]

Better?

24. Cryber
    April 23, 2011 at 7:04 am #

The plugin does not work correctly in Wordpres 3.1.1.
    But it is an excellent idea especially if you could search for hashtags
    Sorry my English

• Genevieve
      July 24, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

This is way more helpful than ayinthng else I’ve looked at.

• dacktpjwkbt
      July 26, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

j1j8cT kpmevbqdwzfu

25. Shan
    August 18, 2011 at 3:36 am #

Wondering if this is possible…

Rather than entering a search term is it possible to use the post-title from each post? So users can see comments regarding each post-title.

Cheers

August 20, 2011 at 10:46 am #

Post scroll plugin available in my plugin list.

• Shan
        August 21, 2011 at 3:33 pm #

I looked at the plugin. I should clarify my previous comment. A twitter feed search based on the post title.. Is it possible?

26. Sander
    August 28, 2011 at 1:43 am #

Great plugin 1 suggested feature:
    - Show images beside the tweets from the users

27. brendan
    September 3, 2011 at 9:03 am #

love the widget, but is it possible to scroll only tweets from a specific username?

It would also be nice to show not only tweets from that user, but tweets that mention or are in reply to that user.

Brendan

28. brendan
    September 3, 2011 at 9:13 am #

To amend my previous comment (after more carefully reviewing the comments… sorry) Is it possible to see ALL tweets from a specific user, not just the tweets that were posted recently?

29. anthony
    January 1, 2012 at 7:45 am #

can i post it on a page by using shortcode

30. 2012 olympics opening ceremony video
    January 27, 2012 at 7:53 pm #

These days of austerity and also relative panic about running into debt, lots of people balk resistant to the idea of making use of a credit card to make purchase of merchandise or perhaps pay for a vacation, preferring, instead just to rely on the particular tried plus trusted method of making payment – cash. However, in case you have the cash on hand to make the purchase entirely, then, paradoxically, this is the best time just to be able to use the credit card for several factors.

31. Remedy
    April 7, 2012 at 10:52 pm #

Advantages of an On the web Company Administration Degree On-line

32. Sal
    June 12, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

This doesn’t seem to work in fetching the feed on WP 3.3.2? With a valid twitter name only the “no announcement text” appears.

33. Gil Yoder
    June 19, 2012 at 3:21 am #

I found your Twitter plugin the other day and added it to my blog, and was pleased by how easy it is to configure. When I opened the blog today though there were no messages in the widget.

The problem seems to be with messages that contain apostrophes. They are quoted verbatim in the script your widget adds to the page, and this results in a syntax error, because your strings are single quoted. A filter to convert symbols into their equivalent html escape sequences would probably fix this.

34. Nick
    August 6, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

I can confirm that this is not working in 3.4.1

August 6, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

Can you tel me what is the issue?? With your comment we not able to solve the issue.. so please give more comments… as per my testing this is working fine..

• Nick
        August 6, 2012 at 11:35 pm #

No matter how I set it up it always just says “No Content Available”

• Nick
        August 7, 2012 at 9:17 am #

Is there an email address or PM that I can send my url to?

August 7, 2012 at 9:18 am #

Use contact us page.

• Nick
            August 8, 2012 at 5:29 am #

Sent an email. Do you think you can help?

35. Gopi Ramasamy
    August 8, 2012 at 5:31 am #

i got the mail, check and reply in week end.

• Nick
      August 13, 2012 at 4:01 am #

Any Progress

• Nick
      August 30, 2012 at 5:29 pm #

I need this plugin to work for a client. What is the status?

36. Nick
    September 4, 2012 at 3:16 pm #

$url = get_option(‘gTSRSSfeed_rssfeed_main’);

That is not returning the correct twitter feed url

37. Mick
    September 25, 2012 at 2:20 am #

Is thee any support for this, it was working and now it’s just stopped fetching twitter feeds

38. Garratt
    October 6, 2012 at 3:21 pm #

Hi Gopi, could you help me please I don’t understand the widget. Where do I put search terms?

There’s:
    Enter Twitter Username @IPGuides
    Widget Title: Tweeters
    Font : verdana,arial,sans-serif
    Font Size (Ex:13px): 12px
    Font Weight(blod/normal) normal
    Font Color (Ex: #000000) #000000
    No Announcement Text : “No tweets showing at present”
    ———–
    Width (only number): 180
    Height (only number): 120
    Slide Direction(0=down-up;1=up-down): 0
    Slide Timeout (1000=1 second): 3000
    Text Valign (top/middle/bottom): middle
    Text Alignt (left/center/right/justify): left

that’s all there is, I can’t see where I put search stuff in.

December 21, 2012 at 4:52 am #

Please find the updated plugin.

39. Imi
    October 9, 2012 at 6:12 am #

Well I am having a weird problem, if I put username gopoplus it shows tweet but anyother shows nothing, second of all where do i put search keywords?.??

December 21, 2012 at 4:52 am #

No search key word option from version 3.0

40. Garratt
    October 9, 2012 at 12:18 pm #

Ah ok, based off what Imi just said there’s obviously a config file.

41. JerMC
    November 13, 2012 at 12:12 am #

Doesn’t work. Seems like a nice idea though.
    Sorry I don’t have time to debug this. I’m moving on to a widget that works. Too buggy!

December 21, 2012 at 4:53 am #

Now option to scroll horizontal

43. Richard T
    January 16, 2013 at 7:52 pm #

What is the best method to override the css?.
    I am using yoo-themes and wordpress.

I attempted to change the a:hover but it does not respond, to any of the changes

44. Mariano
    June 12, 2013 at 5:47 pm #

I’m trying to use this plugin on WordPress 3.5.1 but it doesn’t show any tweet. It builds the html tags (divs, etc.) but just prints out the word “undefined”. Any clue?

The php line of code is:

echo do_shortcode(‘[twitter-real-scrolling username="arquidiocesisbb" height="30" display="3"]‘);

45. Brittany
    June 14, 2013 at 6:23 pm #

This plugin has stopped grabbing feed from twitter. Do you know what is going on?

46. Dave
    June 18, 2013 at 4:53 am #

Chances are this plugin hasn’t been updated to use Twitter’s new API. The old one was retired on June 11.

• Brittany
      July 23, 2013 at 3:22 pm #

Hey Dave! Do you know of any other plugins that have this same functionality and are communicating with the new API? I have been unable to find a single plugin for WordPress that mimics this same functionality.

47. Brittany
    July 23, 2013 at 3:21 pm #

This plugin has stopped communicating with Twitter’s new API. Are you planning on updating this plugin to communicate with the new API? Does anyone else have any other suggestions on any other plugins that has this same functionality?