WordPress plugin random post slider

Random post slider wordpress plugin create a post slider on the wordpress website. We have option to customize the slider direction from Scroll Right, Scroll Left, Scroll Up, Scroll Down. This slider use jquery cycle script for the slider effect. the live demo available on my home page.

• Easy to customize.
  • Support all browser.
  • Short code available for pages and posts
  • Hyperlink option to each post.
  • Separate css file to change the style.

Check the live demo on my home page www.gopiplus.com and two demo available below. Do u want to scroll the post title vertically in the sidebar? Use vertical scroll recent post plugin.

Live demo 1

Super transition slideshow

May 28, 2011 | WordPress plugin | Comments (42)

images Wordpress plugin random post slider

This is an image slideshow that brings each image into view using 1 of N randomly chosen Transitional effects in IE browsers. For other browsers that don’t support these built in effects,a custom fade transition is used instead!

Tag : galleries, gallery, images, plugin, showcase, slideshow

Continuous rss scrolling

May 28, 2011 | WordPress plugin | Comments (24)

images Wordpress plugin random post slider

Continuous rss scrolling plugin create the vertical scroll in the widget using given rss feed. This will scroll only the rss title in the widget. The title will scroll one by one in the widget area. Using this plugin we can show any rss feed in our website. No coding knowledge required to configure

Tag : galleries, gallery, images, plugin, showcase, slideshow

Image horizontal reel scroll slideshow

May 28, 2011 | WordPress plugin | Comments (62)

images Wordpress plugin random post slider

Image horizontal reel scroll slideshow plugin lets you showcase images in a horizontal scroll style. Scroll will start automatically. Slideshow will pause on mouse over. Most of the user requested this type of scroll so I have created this plugin.

Tag : galleries, gallery, images, plugin, showcase, slideshow, super, transition

Live demo 2 (Without Image)

Super transition slideshow

May 28, 2011 | WordPress plugin | Comments (42)

Continuous rss scrolling

May 28, 2011 | WordPress plugin | Comments (24)

Image horizontal reel scroll slideshow

May 28, 2011 | WordPress plugin | Comments (62)

• Download the plugin wordpress-plugin-random-post-slider.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the wordpress-plugin-random-post-slider.zip file
  • Extract the /wordpress-plugin-random-post-slider/ folder.
  • Drop the wordpress-plugin-random-post-slider folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new wordpress plugin random post slider plug-in listed.
  • To turn the word press plug-in on, click activate.

• Search wordpress plugin random post slider plugin using search option.

• Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word press admin.
  • Upload the available wordpress-plugin-random-post-slider.zip file and click install now.

Add directly in the theme: Use this code,
<?php if (function_exists (gopiplushome)) gopiplushome(); ?> to add the gallery to your theme files.

Add the gallery in the page : Use the given short code in the page to render the galley into pages.
Short code from version 1.0 to 7.0 : [WP-POST-SLIDER]

Short code from version 7.0 onwards : [wp-post-slider]

Demo Screen

wordpress plugin random post slider  Wordpress plugin random post slider

Version update

Version 2.0

Category filter option issue fixed.

Q1. Can i change the slider direction?

Yes, we have option to change the slider direction on setting page. there are four option available. Scroll Left, Scroll Right, Scroll Up, Scroll Down.

Q2. Can i hide the image from the slider?

Yes, we can hide the image temporarily, Option available in the setting page.

Q3. Can i hide the other content tags, authors, category, comment?

Yes, we can hide the those content, Option available in the setting page.

Q4. Can i reduce/increase the description character count?

Yes, we can set the description character count in the setting page.

Q5. Can i display the post based on category?

Yes, we have category filter option on setting page.

Q6. Can i display random post in the slider?

Yes, we have option to display random post.

Other plugin

215 Responses to“WordPress plugin random post slider”

1. VS
    May 29, 2011 at 1:50 pm #

I don’t see this plugin on the download page at:

Can you please check and re-post the link?

May 29, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

Still no approved mail from WordPress. so it will available soon(Available from May 30th 2011)..

• Deepak
      December 14, 2012 at 10:21 am #

hi,

I Want to show 3 slide at once, and 3 slides scrolled so please help me to do that.

May 29, 2011 at 3:31 pm #

Short code for posts and pages :

[WP-POST-SLIDER]

3. Chris Keller
    May 30, 2011 at 1:51 am #

Thanks for making my request for a plugin, I will get this implemented next week. Now I can place this in the WordPress theme of my choice. This will make the school principal where I work at very happy! Thanks again!

May 30, 2011 at 12:53 pm #

Now download link available :)

5. david
    May 30, 2011 at 10:24 pm #

I think the plug in is awesome! I don’t understand why (or how) it causes all my posts to display on the page. The slider works great, and I want all the post from my category to slide… but the FULL POSTS are displaying on the page as well. I have it up live now for you to see (and will keep it there waiting for reply). http://rockandrolloracle.com.

THANK YOU!!!

May 31, 2011 at 4:50 am #

Hi, we have option to select the particular category.. also we can limit the post by entering the show post cont in the admin setting..

• VS
        June 2, 2011 at 12:15 am #

I am using the Atahualpa (version 3.4.9 ) WordPress theme.

When I use the short-code on a page I’m seeing 2 problems.

1. Some images are not being shown in the slider.

2. All my posts are displayed on the page, just below the slider frame.

You can see live problem here: http://customers.nileconsulting.ca/demos/comsteps.com/?page_id=7

• VS
          June 2, 2011 at 12:17 am #

I don’t want all the posts to be shown on the page where the short-code is used. I want to show just the slider frame, and any text or tables which I manually type in to the page using the page editor.

6. VS
    June 2, 2011 at 3:54 am #

Ok – I figured out the hard way, what the problem was. In my testing, the images will only show up in the slider if they have a width of 150px or lesser. Any images wider than 150px will not show up in the slider.

Now the only remaining issue is that all my posts are still showing up on the same page as the shortcode.

June 2, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

Check the updated version 2.0

• mir4ge
        July 1, 2011 at 11:37 am #

I’m having a similar problem as VS, all my posts that should go in to the slider are shown in the page. so there is not any scroll effect.

I have another question, is it possible to have several sliders in the same page as you have in this page? I’d like to show two frames with two different categories in each one.

June 2, 2011 at 4:44 am #

Thanks for your message, i ll check and let u know before end of day..

June 2, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

Now new version 2.0 available.

9. cyvic
    June 3, 2011 at 7:32 am #

Nice work and good plugin, but doesn’t work, I tried all possibilities.I don’t know where to put him, my theme does not leave me, or gives me error, or nothing happens… Whenever I make a one plugin, it takes two days to succeed. If anyone can advise me… Thanks in advance. I used Woo premiumnews theme

July 1, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

Please share your link… also check u can able to setup this plugin with default theme..

10. Animus
    June 5, 2011 at 2:03 am #

I really love your plug-in, in it’s simplest manner which I really chose over other post slider.

When I insert the code in my theme files, however the posts show underneath the slider and my new posts are gone.

So I decided to use the short code instead and made a sticky post. The problem with this there is a date when I posted it.

I already installed the latest version though. Is there a way that I can use ithe code in my template without jeopardizing my latest posts? Or is there a conflicting plugin that causes this? Please do help. Thanks.

11. cyvic
    June 5, 2011 at 1:14 pm #

Really nobody can help me?..I appreciate it

June 8, 2011 at 11:21 am #

What z ur query?

12. Free Templates
    June 13, 2011 at 7:20 am #

Hey bro…. slider is great , I got for my site… check.

13. RCE
    June 17, 2011 at 8:11 pm #

Hi, I am trying to use the slider in my theme *atalhualpa” on the frontpage with the following code:

After I apply the code the other posts are not displayed anymore as also the navigation (older entries) disappears. I use a category to select the posts I want to publish in the slider. If I disable the category it works correctly. Any tips to resolve this?

14. sara
    June 25, 2011 at 6:39 pm #

hey its a gr8 plugin….. exactly what i really need at this time. ..

but its conflicting with my other plugins :(
    i have an other post slider and a breaking news plugin on my site. so when i activated your plugin the other two already working plugins just got disappear :( no content is being displayed by them…
    and by deactivating yours others work fine…

tell me what to do? plz help as i realy need to use your plugin!!

June 26, 2011 at 2:09 am #

Please try to change the javascript function name and variable… also check weather it try to load jQuery 2 times….

15. marketing tools
    June 26, 2011 at 5:24 am #

get info looking all day for this, many thanks

16. sara
    June 26, 2011 at 3:59 pm #

hii thnx fro ur reply!

still stucked there.. as i new to wordpress and not good in Jquery, coding and all that stuff. my other plugin is also using JS files i tried to remove those but of no use. :(

17. angioletto
    June 30, 2011 at 2:08 pm #

This plugin works great! I can use itin so many ways, thanks! Only one question: no way to use it as a widget for sidebars? Hope it is possible …

July 1, 2011 at 12:34 pm #

You can add the given PHP code directly into sidebar.php file..

18. angioletto
    June 30, 2011 at 2:14 pm #

… and posts don’t stop on mouseover … can I set to this?

July 1, 2011 at 12:33 pm #

No mouse over STOP not available..

19. monpelaud
    June 30, 2011 at 7:21 pm #

The plugin doesn’t work with dkret3 theme.
    I get this error in firebug:

$ is not a function
    [Stopper sur une erreur] * Tec</di… 700,timeout: 5000});});

What can I do ?

Best regards

July 1, 2011 at 12:32 pm #

Check your theme and see any JQuery is there in your theme. Bcos this plugin also have one JQuery JS file.. if u found 2 jQuery remove one. and it will work automatically

• monpelaud
      July 2, 2011 at 5:15 pm #

To resolve the conflict with my theme I had to do the following modifications in wordpress-plugin-random-post-slider.php file:
      Ligne 107 I replace:
      “$(function () {”
      by
      “jQuery(function() {”

Ligne 465 I replace:
      “$gopiplushome = $gopiplushome . ‘$(function() {‘;”
      by
      $gopiplushome = $gopiplushome . ‘jQuery(function() {‘;

Ligne 466 I replace:
      $gopiplushome = $gopiplushome . “$(‘#gopipluspages’).cycle({fx: ‘”.$slider.”‘,speed: 700,timeout: 5000″;
      by
      $gopiplushome = $gopiplushome . “jQuery(‘#gopipluspages’).cycle({fx: ‘”.$slider.”‘,speed: 700,timeout: 5000″;

Do you think this modification is correct ?

Best regards

• monpelaud
        July 3, 2011 at 7:34 pm #

I forgot line 108:

$(‘#gopiplushome’).cycle({
        replace by
        jQuery(‘#gopiplushome’).cycle({

Best regards

20. angioletto
    June 30, 2011 at 8:43 pm #

I tried to put the shortcode in my sidebar but it doesn’t work. Other plugins work after having added add_filter(‘widget_text’, ‘do_shortcode’); in my functions.php.
    How to make it work? Thanks

July 1, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

Drag and drop widget option not available for this plugin. but you can add the given PHP code directly into sidebar.php file..

21. Jaggedgenius
    July 2, 2011 at 9:38 am #

Can you please let me know how to include the author in posts, the standard doesnt appear to be working.

July 2, 2011 at 12:21 pm #

We have to create one more query to fetch the author details…

22. Jaggedgenius
    July 2, 2011 at 2:57 pm #

Is that something that is easily accomplished (im not familiar with coding that much) … that’s the only thing this great plugin is missing

• Jaggedgenius
      July 2, 2011 at 3:18 pm #

Essentially what I’m wanting is exactly what’s showing on top of gopiplus.com’s home page.. I am extremely confident in my copy/past ability or searching out code and editing it, just not creating it….any help is greatly appreciated..thanks

July 2, 2011 at 4:00 pm #

Use this code to fetch author information

23. monpelaud
    July 4, 2011 at 6:33 pm #

The link of “read more” and “post_thumbnail” doesn’t work, they always display the first post.
    If I replace

it works fine.

July 5, 2011 at 1:10 am #

thanks for ur finding …

25. monpelaud
    July 10, 2011 at 4:44 pm #

Here some bugs:
    1- The date displayed is the always the date of the first selected post.
    2- Tags are never displayed.
    3- When a post has more than one category there are 2 bugs:
    Only the first category is displayed.
    The same post is displayed several times.
    For example a post with 2 categories is displayed 2 times, a post with 3 categories 3 times and so on

Best regards

• monpelaud
      July 10, 2011 at 6:30 pm #

Ligne 394:

if ($i = 1)
      should be replaced by
      i ($i == 1)

Ligne 400:

$post_category = $post_category . category->cat_name;
      should be replaced by
      $post_category = $post_category . ” | ” . $category->cat_name;

August 1, 2011 at 1:18 pm #

26. greatful
    July 30, 2011 at 11:14 am #

Hi thank you for the plug in! i use images from an image host now my images are not showing up how can i show the images thank you for your help

27. Nana Kwame
    July 30, 2011 at 5:54 pm #

Dude thanks for the good work…I have a question..I needed a static featured post on my homepage with design like this your plugin..I have set the number of post to slide to just 1 making it the way i like, But the problem i’m facing now is when the post appear the image of the post and read more links to another..How can make the image and the read more link to the title thats the h2 tag…?

28. venkat
    July 31, 2011 at 4:25 pm #

how to on increase the hight of the slider ??

29. venkat
    July 31, 2011 at 4:38 pm #

why is all my post in the archive appearing randomly

August 1, 2011 at 1:21 am #

Check out the post category and order…

30. Nana Kwame
    August 1, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

Admin what about my question..? The “LINK” above the excerpts and the image is correct but the “IMAGE” and the “READ MORE LINK” links to a different post why..?? Help me please..THANKS

31. Nana Kwame
    August 1, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

Admin what about my question..? The “LINK” above the excerpts and the image is correct but the “IMAGE” and the “READ MORE LINK” links to a different post why..?? Help me please..U can check obuobafm*com and see what i’m talking about..THANKS

August 1, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

Hi Nana Kwame,

1. Open wordpress-plugin-random-post-slider.php file.

2. go to line 87.
      3. replace “the_permalink();” to “echo $post_link;”

4. go to line 94.
      5. replace “the_permalink();” to “echo $post_link;”

Hope your problem solved.

Thanks & regards
      Gopi

August 1, 2011 at 1:20 pm #

please always use proper email if you need quick email.

32. Nana Kwame
    August 1, 2011 at 2:54 pm #

Dude u’re the best, Its working perfectly…what about the comment link..? i’ve change the email address.

August 2, 2011 at 1:30 am #

i will check and let u know… may be be have to change one more place….

33. Nana Kwame
    August 2, 2011 at 2:53 pm #

Ok..Thanks i’m waiting.

August 2, 2011 at 3:26 pm #

i found no problem in comment link.. if you want to change replace the below code in line 80.

< ?php if($displaycomment == "YES") { ?> < ?php comments_popup_link('No Comments', '1 Comment', '% Comments'); } ?>

Replace

<a href="<?php echo $post_title; ?> Comments </a>

34. Nana Kwame
    August 2, 2011 at 4:45 pm #

Ok this is what i’ve on line 80..*** | | ***

and i replace it with this *** <a href=" Comments *** as u said, But it gave me some error i dont know if i made mistake..

35. Nana Kwame
    August 2, 2011 at 4:49 pm #

Wow sorry the code is hidded i dont know if u can see it at your end… this is it | |

36. Naniek
    August 4, 2011 at 4:58 am #

nice plugin. Seem Lux on my Web.

37. James
    August 5, 2011 at 8:50 am #

Just installed your plugin and it appears to be exactly what I need.

However, I selected a category by ID and this is showing, but only 2 posts when there are 5 posts in total.

I have set it to show 10 posts as I will be adding more to this category.

Would you have any idea as to why this may be happening?

Thanks for your help.

August 5, 2011 at 11:16 am #

do u have 5+ post in the selected category???

38. James
    August 5, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

Yes 5 in the category.

Another thing now too – using the template tag:
    if (function_exists (gopiplushome)) gopiplushome();
    is messing up any code that follows.

Thanks for your help – it is much appreciated.

39. Jacek
    August 7, 2011 at 3:56 pm #

Great work, but I have some problem…

I would like to use Random Post Slider in my multilingual page. I used qTranslate plugin for WP to prepare and manage content in 4 languages. qTranslate uses special tags to describe language.
    When I used Random Post Slider to display posts, each language version was showed as slide – and there was no matter which language was selected.

Is it any method to display only content according to selected language?

Or is any method to use custom php code inserted in widget witch qTranslate code describing language:

For an example:

I’m totally green in php, but similar method I used to select animation according to language…

Thanks for any help!

Jacek

Thanks for any help!
    Jacek

40. Jacek
    August 7, 2011 at 7:10 pm #

Ops… some part of my message disappeared…
    It should be:

For an example:

php code determining language
    php code for showing specified posts
    php code determining another language
    php code for showing another posts

php code for language I have…

41. Rheanna
    August 8, 2011 at 10:15 am #

Hi, I am trying to use the plugin on my page, but when i add it to the php code, the random posts display under the random post box as well, instead of the random box showing the posts, and then the blog showing normally underneath this.
    how do i get around this?

42. Alin
    August 9, 2011 at 7:08 pm #

Is there any possibility for this plugin not to work on Mozilla Firefox? Because my website works perfectly with internet explorer and chrome, but this plugin has some problems with mozilla.

43. Otto t.
    August 9, 2011 at 10:14 pm #

thanks for your Plugin.
    i have one problem. the images in the slider are not display.
    the imagesize (150x150px)

can you me help, please ?

thank you, and greetings from Hamburg/Germany.

44. Bhavesh
    August 10, 2011 at 5:22 am #

Hey thanx for the plug in. But when i use the plugin it shows slider with random post but even my home page shows the same random post and not the latest post

45. Roland from France
    August 18, 2011 at 6:50 pm #

Can you tell how I can hide the border ?
    The color of this table or cell border seems to be grey (or white ?).
    My website’s background is dark.
    Many thanks for helping.

46. amr
    August 19, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

I didn’t understand how to add the box to my blog
    my theme is lightword
    which part of the theme should I add the code to??
    here is my blog

47. jayprit
    August 20, 2011 at 12:07 pm #

How to remove border from the post,
    i hv tried from from css, bt doesnt work

• Gopi
      August 20, 2011 at 1:16 pm #

check ur theme css

48. MTFrancis
    August 21, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

Great plugins, i mean they’re awesome…Thanks for sharing them Gopi…:-)

49. Dre
    August 28, 2011 at 12:01 am #

Hello Dear Author

The WordPress Random Post slider is malfunctioning in wordpress, it is not installing correctly and it is also freezing the whole webpage.

can you please help

August 28, 2011 at 1:14 am #

no issue found, its problem in ur website

50. Dre
    August 28, 2011 at 7:45 pm #

Hi.
    Thanks for the checkup, it is now working fine.
    But i have another question.
    I have pages on my site, and is there any options to display
    pages not post in the WordPress random post slider?????

51. Dre
    August 28, 2011 at 7:47 pm #

Hi .
    how do i change my post links, to direct to my pages ??

52. Mike Z
    August 31, 2011 at 6:00 am #

I just downloaded and installed this…and I’m having the “non-slider” issue – all posts appear on the site rather than sliding. Don’t know where Version 2.0 is – maybe that’s the current downloadable version.

How do I fix this?

53. Mike Z
    August 31, 2011 at 6:25 am #

Oh, forgot – the items that are supposed to slide list the day the Web site was created as the date…NOT the date when the entry was created. That has to be fixed!

Z

54. Kjøpe Hjemmeside
    September 2, 2011 at 2:16 pm #

Er din hjemmeside bygget på en ferdig mal eller har du gjort det selv? Uansett, ser det flott! / Sara

55. Brendan
    September 7, 2011 at 11:02 pm #

Hi. I was just wondering how I can slow the slide speed down.
    Rgds,
    Brendan

• Donna
      September 8, 2011 at 8:49 am #

Brendan, I just installed this plugin on my dev server to test it out, and I believe if you go into the settings there is an option for setting the speed. There are lots of options there for many other things too.

• Gene
        May 30, 2013 at 4:08 am #

I didn’t see an option to set the speed in the settings. However, it’s easy to update the plugin ‘timeout’ value to slow down the slider.

Here’s how :
        1. Go to the plugin entry in Active Plugins list
        2. Click “Edit” link for the plugin
        3. Find this line, and update the *timeout* value. The default is 5000

$gopiplushome = $gopiplushome . “jQuery(‘#gopipluspages’).cycle({fx: ‘”.$slider.”‘,speed: 700,timeout: 15000″;

Cheers,

Gene

56. Donna
    September 8, 2011 at 8:47 am #

Great idea, a slide show of posts. Just what I was looking for, thank you!

I found a couple bugs though. The image and [read more] link did not link to the proper post (although the title did). I fixed that in the code. I can send the changes to you if you want, but I’m it will also be easy for you to figure out since you wrote this awesome plugin.

What also happens on my site though is since I actually add the thumbnails to my posts, at the top of the post (so it looks similar to what shows in your plugin), I get the [capture...] code that WordPress uses showing up. Is there any easy way I can fix that? I notice it also happens now when I post to Facebook too.

Donna

September 8, 2011 at 8:51 am #

pls share the code changes, why it is not point the correct post in the read more link

• Matt
        April 6, 2012 at 3:06 am #

Donna is correct… the links from images and read more are incorrect.

Lines 102 and 109 contain that needs to be changed to

• Matt
          April 6, 2012 at 3:07 am #

sorry… from to
          REMOVE THE .’s

• Matt
          April 6, 2012 at 3:08 am #

One more time…

FROM : the_permalink();
          TO : echo $post_link;

57. Scott
    September 18, 2011 at 1:14 am #

Awesome plug-in! I love it and does exactly what was requested by my client.

Only one issue, on the slider, all the dates of the post show as January 31st, 2010. If I look at the post, they are the day they were posted. Any ideas? (I did change to default theme but still had the incorrect date)

Cheers, Scott.

58. Andre Rammi
    September 19, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

Hi, i just updated my plugin to version 3.0 and it is not working .. do you have any idea what can it be?
    My website: http://braziliannewsonline.com

the post slider is on the home page.
    I deactivated it, and reactivated it, but still not working, any other settings that needs to be changed?

I’m seeing the slider on Firefox 3.0.1 and IE 8.0.600
    Theme News Magazine Theme 640
    Using WordPress 3.2.1.

Any help?

59. rivermaya
    September 20, 2011 at 12:00 am #

love this plugin, really easy to implement even with custom size or additional image for read more.
    just one issue I found at homepage, which is i put the slider on, the navigation doesn’t work. If i clicked next page e.g http://awesomehalloweencostumeideas.net/page/2, it doesn’t get that page but just refreshed the same page (home). any advise ?

Maya

60. angioletto
    September 23, 2011 at 5:24 pm #

Hi. I put your plugin in this page http://www.ilmetauro.it/ultima and it shows all the posts also out of the slider along the page, they don’t slide and stop also another sliding content in the page (the big one on top). I had to deactivate it because it stops everything even if it’s not in use. Plugin 2.0 and WP 3.1.1 .Any idea? Thanks

61. Melo Hamilton
    September 24, 2011 at 7:15 pm #

As per my question about background change…I found it…thank so much for all your work

62. Mad
    September 26, 2011 at 10:42 am #

Hi! Is it possible to get different “SLIDERS” e.g. one slider per Category?

thx!

MAD

63. yash
    September 27, 2011 at 8:18 am #

hi, i am using this plugin in my sidebar and want to show images with scrolling post. but the images are being shown up in sidebar! Why? any idea?

64. Bharat
    October 3, 2011 at 4:58 pm #

i m facing one problem. bigger images shown up half in frame. How can i increase the size of frame ?

please help

65. Paolo
    October 6, 2011 at 8:22 am #

nice plugin but how to change height of frame?

66. mad
    October 8, 2011 at 11:25 am #

Great plug in – but why is it not possible to make a “stop on mouseover”? that would be very very helpful! Is it not possible with this “jquery.cycle.all.min.js” ?

Thanks for developing!

Mad

67. Nolan
    October 12, 2011 at 12:38 pm #

if this only worked with custom post types it would be perfect for what I need it to do!

68. gesti
    October 14, 2011 at 1:01 pm #

Hello there,
    con-grats to your plugin! It’s really good and simple to use. However I have a question about a bit advanced usage:
    is it possible to have two sliders on one page with different settings? For example there would be on showing entries from category ‘A’ and another one would be showing posts from category ‘B’.
    BR,
    gesti

69. Chris Keller
    October 20, 2011 at 8:23 pm #

I can’t seem to get the Category feature to work. I am finally getting around to implementing this on a 47″ TV for announcement to our students, looks and works great. But I need it to only show for example the category “Tuesday” but it still just shows all post or at least 10 of them. What do I need to fill out in the settings to get it to only show Tuesday post for example?

70. Gary
    October 21, 2011 at 5:24 pm #

I am having similar issues as others with the date on the scrolling post. It doesn’t show the date of the post but instead shows the date of the first post on the site or essentially when the site was created.

Great plugin!

thanks.

71. Gary
    October 24, 2011 at 11:13 pm #

Figured out a solution to the post date issue. If you edit the wordpres-plugin-random-post-slider.php and replace the following line:
    $gopiplushome = $gopiplushome . get_the_time(‘F j, Y’);
    With this line:
    gopiplushome = $gopiplushome . get_the_time(‘F j, Y’,$sSql->ID);
    It will then show the date of the post vs the date the site was started.

Now if I can just figure out how to get the slider to be transparent and not a white background I will be set.

72. N.N.Iyer
    October 27, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

Thanks for this awful plugin. I wonder whether there is any way to reduce the time gap between the changing of slides.

• N.N.Iyer
      October 27, 2011 at 3:58 pm #

I have found that out. Is there any way I can pause the slide by hovering the mouse over it?

73. Arica
    November 13, 2011 at 7:21 am #

this is something i have never ever read. quite detailed analysis.

74. venkat

break;

if (function_exists (gopiplushome)) gopiplushome();
    $i = $i + 1;
    ?

77. ian
    November 16, 2011 at 4:17 pm #

Can you use this widget with custom post types? I am planning on using TS Display to show groups of people http://codecanyon.net/item/ts-display-portfolio-and-gallery-plugin/147000

But I would then like to animate those posts on my home page.

78. qenomesum
    November 26, 2011 at 3:25 am #

hi. I like your plug-in. It’s nearly what I need for my site. But I have some problems about that. Sliding not working in homepage if I log in to my admin account. It’s being jammed with my template. Another problem is all entries that part of the slide has the same date and any of the posts are related with that date. And when using in random mode same date remains when refreshing page (posts are changing). On the other hand i think many of us need a pause when mouse-over. And it will be perfect if it will show the author of the post. An option to hide some author’s posts would be fantastic. anyway thanks for your effort.

79. olivxii
    December 1, 2011 at 6:38 am #

Hello, I installed the plugin, but it very well fontion created conflict with my theme and other plugin like wp-pagenavi that displays a page or featured categories that do not appear at all when I disable the plugin everything works normally, there would not handle it to avoid this conflict because I find it very good slider and it bothers me to change it.

80. Vali
    December 1, 2011 at 7:29 am #

Can the hight be adjusted? Thanks!

81. venkat
    December 11, 2011 at 6:09 pm #

The plugin slider breaks in ie browser page http://www.livetut.com

it is find in other how to fix it

82. venkat
    December 11, 2011 at 6:09 pm #

it is fine in other browsers

83. angioletto
    December 30, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

Hi. Your plugin is very nice! Two questions:
    1) no way to stop sliding on mouse over, in a future version?
    2) is it possible fading slides not scrolling?

84. Luca Boccianti
    January 8, 2012 at 7:29 am #

very nice plugin, very easily customizable both via wordpress admin panel and directly modifying the neat code, thanks.

it’s really something more than just a “random slider”.

I would just suggest to recommendin, in the documentation to use it directly in a theme, to use wp_reset_query() after the call of the plugin.

otherwise the main loop is altered and your page will always show the list of posts loaded in the slider.

thanks again.

85. Janos
    January 13, 2012 at 3:22 am #

I have a conflict with sharebar plugin. Any pointers would be appreciated to resolve it.

86. Peter DeVries
    January 17, 2012 at 1:29 pm #

The text doesn’t wrap correctly and flows off the right hand side.

How do I correct that?

87. Michelle
    January 20, 2012 at 2:23 pm #

Hi…this looks great, but I’m not familiar with coding. I want to put the slider on the homepage of my website. Where exactly do I put the code? Thanks!

88. Kirsten
    January 20, 2012 at 6:39 pm #

Great plugin here! Unfortunately the comments and category link to the last post and the “read more” links to the home page.

Please let me know how to fix these items. I tried the fixes above but they didn’t seem to work.

Also, do you another plugin similar to this one visually that includes arrows to click backward or forward when viewing the featured posts?

Many thanks.

89. Kirsten
    January 20, 2012 at 6:50 pm #

I forgot to mention that the post thumbnail also links to the home page.

90. Alex
    January 21, 2012 at 10:45 am #

Hi, all

I discovered an issue charging the “Feature Image”, but is too easy to fix it.

“wordpress-plugin-random-post-slider.php” -> change this:

<a href="”>
    <?php

Very nice work !!! :D and I like this plugin ! :D

Alex

91. ravi
    January 24, 2012 at 9:21 am #

who to change font size ???????
    PLz replay soon

92. Nytol
    February 1, 2012 at 4:42 pm #

Does this plugin allow me to create a sidebar slider where you can click left/right, cycling through site authors, and showing x amount of recent posts by each author?

Example: http://i.imgur.com/jQ8Of.jpg

Thanks for any info. :)

93. Clementina Kamara
    February 8, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

Thanks a lot.. the video is really awesome and I love the music too.. great work!!

94. Shinoj
    March 6, 2012 at 5:10 am #

Great work! this plugin works fine!
    you can see it at http://www.dialogics.in

Cheers!

March 15, 2012 at 1:36 am #

Woow.. looks nice..

95. Martin
    March 7, 2012 at 10:54 am #

Is there any way to have the slides play in a random order?

March 15, 2012 at 1:35 am #

i check and let u know .

96. Wendy
    March 14, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

How to add a post slider for one category and another for another category. I basically need two on my website.. Is this possible? Thanks so much for a fantastic plugin!

March 15, 2012 at 1:35 am #

category selection option available in the admin.

97. Luca Boccianti
    March 26, 2012 at 3:52 am #

hello,

I’ve used your very nice plugin in a couple of sites. I needed to made some quick tinkering with them to display the date of the post and to have some conditions for the number of posts shown (i.e.: display only today posts, but if there is only one or no post at all for today go back in time until there are at least N).

I was wondering if you would consider to add such funcitonality extensions to the plugin, and I’m sending the code at your email address. If you’re interested I have an half idea about a templating system to choose the fields to display.

One of the reason is that can’t update the plugin without overwriting my modifications and I and my clients really don’t like to have non updated plugins (and I’m a bit lazy to edit them again all the time :-) ), also I think they could be a small but interesting enhancement to your fine job.

Thanks anyway.

98. Randy Hamilton
    March 30, 2012 at 1:06 pm #

Everything is working awesome except displaying the tags, is this something only I am experiencing? Or is there a fix for it? Thanks for the great plugin!

• Randy Hamilton
      March 30, 2012 at 1:12 pm #

Nevermind….got it working, not sure what was wrong and how it fixed…but it is fixed.

99. Janet Hall (OverHall)
    April 6, 2012 at 4:02 pm #

Working on clients site and need to do the following with this plugin:
    1. Add a title to widget like the ones below it
    2. Change the font and font size in posts
    3. make the content box smaller in height

Thanks in advance!

100. schmuddel
    May 17, 2012 at 9:38 pm #

hi!
    great plugin!!
    i use it on top of my start site. i have two questions:

1. where can i configure, that it is displayed right on top and not with a free space from top to slideshow?

2. is it possible to configure, that articles are shown for more than 5 seconds?

thx

101. dewayne clardy
    May 21, 2012 at 2:24 pm #

i would like to use your plugin but i need some clarification since i am a word press newbie. when you say to insert short code into page what do you mean. do mean in page.php

• Terry Cavender
      May 31, 2012 at 6:20 pm #

This is an answer for Dewayne Clardy:

You put the short code anywhere in the text on the page where you want the slider to be, it does not go in the PHP files.

102. Terry Cavender
    May 31, 2012 at 7:54 pm #

There are two issues that I hope you can solve so I can pay you for use of this plugin, one problem is that it is taking the caption from the first image in my post and putting it in a grey bar in the slider, even if I turn the images off this happens. This is only happening on two of the posts, one other one is showing up correct in the slider. The second issue is it is not using my featured image for the slider thumbnail. Here is the link to the site where the slider is. http://www.thebikersgarage.com/

103. Joe
    June 1, 2012 at 6:25 pm #

How do I remove the blue box around the slider.

I have tried in my css, but it only removes the blue box around hyperlinked images and not your slider.

104. Rachel
    June 1, 2012 at 7:05 pm #

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where do I get the shortcode to add this slider to a page or post?

105. Adil mahmud choudhury
    June 2, 2012 at 2:28 am #

I found that many of you want the mouse hover pause on the plugin. So here it

jQuery(‘#home_feature’).hover(
    function(){
    jQuery(‘#slider_img’).cycle(‘pause’)
    },
    function(){
    jQuery(‘#slider_img’).cycle(‘resume’)
    });

I am wordpress developer. If you need any more help you can contact with me at adil.m.choudhury@gmail.com

ADIL.

• Adil mahmud choudhury
      June 2, 2012 at 2:29 am #

here is the specific code for the default class name.

jQuery(‘#gopiplushome’).hover(

});

106. alisheytoon
    June 2, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

Thank . Good / Like

107. jose luis
    June 12, 2012 at 10:28 am #

I have it installed but not where to put the code

108. zeeshan
    June 24, 2012 at 10:18 pm #

This plugin work great but when i active any other plugin slider stuck.

109. Neringa
    June 25, 2012 at 10:42 am #

Is it possible to display a larger pictures ?

June 25, 2012 at 11:33 am #

Can

110. Neringa
    June 25, 2012 at 3:31 pm #

HOW to display a larger pictures ?

111. Farhi Razali
    July 3, 2012 at 9:56 am #

to add the gallery to your theme files.

could you be specific which theme files and where to find them?

112. Luvthewayur
    July 6, 2012 at 6:57 am #

it is a nice plugin to add gallery!!

113. Robert Bagnall
    August 4, 2012 at 5:19 am #

Hi Gopi thanks for all the great resources you provide. I am working with latest release of the Optimize Press Theme and my client wants a scrolling testimonial box. I found your random post slider and it looked perfect for what I need.

There is an issue with the posts displaying on the page en mass. The slider does not work and I have played with the settings to see if I could get a response from the plugin but not successful.

Any ideas?

Thanks Rob

August 4, 2012 at 5:33 am #

Hi, Please try to check the HTML DIV tag for the plugin in your page. also check all JS available in the page.

• Robert Bagnall
        August 4, 2012 at 10:37 am #

[linebreak style="34.png"]

MEMBER TESTIMONIALS

[WP-POST-SLIDER]

.[font family="impact,chicago" size="36" color="DE0202" textshadow="0" alignment="center" weight="normal" style="normal" lineheight="110"]Become Our Member Today and Receive these Extra Unadvertised Bonuses![/font]

I am using the ShortCode on the page. Do I need to include DIV Tags ??

How do I check JavaScript all page?

114. Lein
    August 5, 2012 at 11:04 am #

Today I have installed this plugin to display posts in the home page.

My website:

My website: http://www.jpbuzz.com

But date displayed as August 5, but the posts displayed are of 2010, 2011 etc.

I want to display the latest post of 2/3 categories along with the uploaded image.

Also, it would be great if you help to add right and left arrows in the slider so that user can manually stop/navigate to and fro.

Please help me where to edit in the plugin.

115. Lein
    August 7, 2012 at 8:44 am #

Anyone there, please help me out to solve the above problem or suggest suitable plugins or code changes.

116. Pallas
    August 22, 2012 at 4:42 am #

i use the shortcode to my right widget, but nothing appears

117. Ahmed
    August 31, 2012 at 12:32 pm #

Sir, what about showing default image when post don’t have image attachment within?

This is my suggestion :)

118. jeet
    September 1, 2012 at 12:42 am #

hi gopi,

is this possible to pass a category parameter in shortcode and can have different category post on different pages. like
    [wp-slider-post category="news"] on one page and on other [wp-slider-post category="articles"]

119. anil
    September 27, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

this plugin in interrupting the animation of home page slider. I’m using nivo slider for the home page and its is not animating automatically because of this plugin. I loved this plugin and don’t want to search for other plugin, I’m ok with using another plugin for slider. Please help me in solving this issue

120. iqbal
    October 5, 2012 at 9:06 am #

Dear Gopi,

Thanks for the great plugin.

I have installed 2 plugin: random post slider and wp photo text slider 50 but the shortcode did not work, while wp photo text slider 50 work perfectly in the widget. —> [WP-POST-SLIDER] and [WP-PHOTO-SLIDER:TYPE=gallery1]

Could you help me with this?

All the best

121. agreatdream.com
    October 28, 2012 at 10:10 am #

When I type in the category I want to show, I just get a white box. I have 6 posts so far. Any ideas on fixing this? Sometimes the 3 dots at the end of the sentence before the [Read More] link are missing.

122. Prabin Ta
    November 5, 2012 at 11:29 am #

helo, the javascript in this plugin is conflicting with another javascript of the tab post.. When i install this plugin all tab post content appear so how to remove the conflict..

123. ida
    November 27, 2012 at 6:28 pm #

this is really a nice plugin. I hope this will work out well for my blog?

124. Dave Parks
    December 1, 2012 at 10:17 pm #

As soon as I updated to version 8 the plugin quit working.
    You can see the shortcode here on the home page.
    Can you help me get it going again please?

December 2, 2012 at 2:04 am #

Hi Deve,

Please use the latest short code, and check the jquery link in the page. it should point to the latest wp jQuery.

125. Spir
    December 2, 2012 at 8:36 am #

Hi, same problem, I updated to version 8 and the plugin quit working, appairs only the short code in the post. The latest short code is still [WP-POST-SLIDER] ?

126. foodwinebeer
    December 2, 2012 at 10:11 am #

Same problem , i can see only the shortcode…

127. Gopi Ramasamy
    December 2, 2012 at 10:29 am #

Hi Spir/foodwinebeer

Dave Parks’s problem already solved and slider working fine in the website now.

Please use this short code : [wp-post-slider]

Deactivate and activate the plugin once and try again. let us know if any more issue.

• Spir
      December 2, 2012 at 10:37 am #

Fine! Now works, thank you!

128. foodwinebeer
    December 2, 2012 at 11:16 am #

But in each single page i have to change the shortcode? Looks unbelievable…

129. foodwinebeer
    December 2, 2012 at 11:18 am #

And it doesn’t slide i can only see static post. Can you please indicate me where to download the previous version?

130. foodwinebeer
    December 2, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

Many thanks !

131. Matt
    December 8, 2012 at 1:47 pm #

I’ve been using this plugin since about September on this site. There are not many sliders that automatically arrange post content instead of requiring carefully prepared image slides.

Two days ago, the plugin suddenly malfunctioned. Instead of sliding the content, it lists all posts in a vertical list on the page.

I have deactivated all plugins but this one. I have tried it on a page with no widgets or sidebar. I am not using any custom templates. There have been no theme updates. Theme = Cyberchimps, IFeaturePro.

For now, I have moved the slider to a hidden page on the site: http://allticketsinc.com/?page_id=8381

The only thing that has changed is that we just changed our server to a VPS, but I cannot imagine how that would affect a plugin.

I am out of ideas for this.

132. igor
    December 12, 2012 at 3:35 pm #

Hey The plugin works perfectly.
    I want to use 2 slider.
    One vertical and one horizontal side by side.
    How can I do that??

133. okosayo
    December 23, 2012 at 7:28 pm #

like igor said, how to use 2 slider , like 1st slider for “Main News” with scroll right – Category 1, and 2nd slider for “Other News” with scroll up – Category 2

thx

134. may ozone
    December 27, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

Hey The plugin works perfectly.
    I want to use 2 slider.

135. starfallplay
    January 14, 2013 at 2:38 am #

Look good on my blog.. thanks

136. Pol Stafford
    January 23, 2013 at 5:41 am #

Why on god’s green earth would you change the short code!?
    I have to go to every one of my client’s pages now and edit the code… :(

137. Paul
    January 26, 2013 at 3:22 pm #

How to only show slider on home/front page and not showing on any pages or posts?

138. Paul
    January 27, 2013 at 1:59 am #

post date is wrong..it only shows the latest post date on all the post slide..tried adding above fix ,$sSql->ID but it didn’t work.

139. Paul
    January 29, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

Too many bugs..can’t display category correctly and comments links aside from what i have mentioned above. Still no response from author >.<

140. Tony Bellardi
    February 4, 2013 at 1:06 am #

tutti defunti ?

141. ahmad
    February 7, 2013 at 6:25 am #

142. Ros
    February 18, 2013 at 6:33 pm #

Hi Gopi, first thanks a lot for this wunderfull plugin :-)

I have one question: is it possible, that the posting in the slider is displayed in the same “formatted” way as it is displayed in the full display of the posting. For example: when i look at the posting text in the slider, it is shown in continuous text, all format information ist deleted. It would be great if there is a possibility to show the posting in the formatted way.

143. Mark
    February 20, 2013 at 5:22 pm #

Your slider plugin look just what I need. Is it possible to set up such that it appears on the home page only?

144. Mian Anas
    February 22, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

really really gud . . .very helpful :-)

145. Rodeals
    February 25, 2013 at 12:34 pm #

“Hi! Is it possible to get different “SLIDERS” e.g. one slider per Category?” I think many are interested in this question – but i could find any answer. Is there a solution for this problem?

146. Rodeals
    February 25, 2013 at 12:36 pm #

Is it possible to get various “SLIDERS”, for example 1 slider per each category?

147. rodeals
    February 26, 2013 at 2:40 pm #

Really no one an idea how to use sliders for different categories?

148. Lich
    March 4, 2013 at 1:52 pm #

This plugin is not working with my Thesis 2 and MD 3 theme at all. When i had switched my theme into Twenty E, it worked. Please help me ?

149. Matt
    March 11, 2013 at 7:00 pm #

Is it possible to slow down the scroll and give people more time to read the Summary?

150. damien
    March 12, 2013 at 4:24 pm #

Hi, great plugin. I wondered how increase the thumb size?

Damien

151. Fernando
    March 13, 2013 at 4:14 pm #

Hi, can I make this call the most recent posts published? I know you can put a “category” on the posts and call that category and also that you can set up to “random” but I would love to use the “Feature” Post option or the “Recent” Post option to call the latests Post published.

I hope you could help me with that. Overall it looks like an awesome Plug-in!!!

Thanks a lot!

152. guest
    April 1, 2013 at 10:09 pm #

hi

i hav your plugin and i hav configured the settings but when i paste the code onto my page nothing shows except for a rectangular box. what am i doing wrong?

• dudung
      April 5, 2013 at 4:43 am #

Same problem. Using Genesis theme

153. Reece
    April 2, 2013 at 12:57 am #

Can a fade-in/delay/fade-out be used? If so, how do I set this up?

154. Reece
    April 2, 2013 at 4:29 am #

Also… how can you change the character limit defined by $displaydesc to be whole words? (so that it never cuts off in the middle of a word)

155. fake oakley sunglasses
    April 9, 2013 at 9:25 am #

Along January oakley sunglasses onlie stores vi hatchway connected with electronic devices demonstrate inch Las rebate oakleys shades new oakley along external, 1 features your famed Usa distaff creative person knock off oakley sunglasses Dotty are going to complete design associated with shades appearances. This device show oakley online and average sunglasses do not need too big divergence, just these types of glasses may also captured pics of, and can veridical-fourth dimension share these pictures of an. Are classified as the brand GaGa supported for a originative director, expletive leave the avant-garde fine art tactile exhibit in various areas. GaGa clothes avant-courier, are in the background music godmother, oakleys sunglasses, reported. Inch CES next year, polaroid introduced a fresh Recording label group of goods, such as a transportable bluetooth printing machine, the latest bang base tv camera, in addition to I piece louis vuitton bag sunglasses photographic camera. Indeed, it sunglasses movement crocked camera as well as Plasma covert. Your Gray Pronounce selection of projects,bloodless oakleys dark glasses will be Wild aside ar wholesale oakley sunglasses every bit Creative information (Creative we all), polaroid claims the item true reflexion from the Dotty that are artistic optic Polaroid waiver site will also be starred past Gaga to. fake oakley sunglasses http://pinterest.com/fakeoakleysoaho/fake-oakleys/

156. seban
    April 14, 2013 at 7:09 am #

Change your post title “How to install a wordpress plugin”

157. ykcky
    May 23, 2013 at 10:41 am #

when i insert the plugin into the template with php it works fine. But when i use the short code, a box apears and the content is misssing. I prefer to use the shortcode…

my site: maserati-club.hu

please help me to solve this problem.

thanx

158. Sylvain
    May 23, 2013 at 3:06 pm #

Is possible to display post_excerpt rather than post content ?

How to do this ?

159. cb-aneka
    May 27, 2013 at 6:28 am #

this plugin have exactly that i was looking for

thanks for your sharing

160. Melanie
    June 17, 2013 at 2:40 pm #

Thank you for developing this plugin.

We have a Dutch website so is it possible to change “Read more” to another text? If so, how?

161. vijaya
    June 19, 2013 at 6:10 am #

this plugin not working in my theme……………..

162. vijaya
    June 19, 2013 at 6:16 am #

it shows all post at same time not scroll