Drop in image slideshow gallery

This drop in image slide show gallery is your regular image slide-show plugin, except each image is dropped into view. this effect that works in all major browsers. The slide-show stops dropping when the mouse is over it.

Feature

1. Simple customization.
  2. Easy installation.
  3. Widgets, so you can add pretty much anything.
  4. Easy slide-show size (width & height) override option.

Plugin demo available on the sidebar, If you want to add the same gallery within posts/page, use my Wp image slideshow (Drop In Effect) plugin.

Drag and Drop the Widget : Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop ‘drop in image slideshow gallery’ widget into your side bar. its very easy.

Add directly in the theme : Use this code, <?php if (function_exists (DIISG_slideshow)) DIISG_slideshow(); ?> to add this plugin to your Theme files.

Q1. How to arrange the width & height of the slideshow?

Ans: Go to widget management area and change the width & height of the slide show.

Q2. How to change the drop delay time?

Ans: Go to widget management area and change Delay time. see screen 2.

Q3. Where to upload my image?

Ans: wp-content/plugins/drop-in-image-slideshow-gallery/gallery/

Ans: This is the default location after installation completed you should change the image location to some other folder. Best is don’t keep the images with in “wp-content/plugins/drop-in-image-slideshow-gallery” this location.

4. How the slide show manages the order?

Ans: The file names are returned in the order in which they are stored by the file system.

Option 1

• Download the plugin drop-in-image-slideshow-gallery.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /drop-in-image-slideshow-gallery/ folder.
  • Drop the ‘drop-in-image-slideshow-gallery’ folder into your website ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new ‘drop in image slideshow gallery’ plug-in listed under Inactive plug-in tab.

Option 2

• Search ‘drop in image slideshow gallery’ plugin using search option.

Option 3

• Upload the available drop-in-image-slideshow-gallery.zip file and click install now

Other slideshow plugin

32 Responses to“Drop in image slideshow gallery”

1. Avinash
    August 19, 2010 at 11:48 am #

i want to insert it manually into a desired page
    what code should be used ?

2. edward cullom
    August 24, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

I cannot find your live demo on how to load pictures for this plugin. excuse my ignorance but I cannot understand how to change the images. do you have a video that shows what to do as I am lost on how to install pictures in a path

3. Sleenie
    September 11, 2010 at 3:16 am #

I would love to install this plugin twice in one sidebar. My client would like to have two different blocks showing 2 different rotating galleries. Any way to do this?

September 11, 2010 at 4:09 am #

At present we cant add two drop in galley in the widget area. lots of image gallery available in this website, so use any other for send purpose.

5. Stone
    October 7, 2010 at 6:10 pm #

I’d like to put a border box on the widget, any advice on what line to enter the code on, or what the code I would use would be?

I’m willing to experiment, but a push in the right direction would be appreciated.

6. jay
    October 12, 2010 at 7:54 pm #

I love the slideshow but how do i get the target URL to open in the same window and not a new one???

7. kumar
    October 14, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

hi, i tried it but can display the images, i out it into sidebar from widgets, but didnt work, can u pls let me know why is that thanks ?

October 14, 2010 at 3:23 pm #

Hi kumar, what z your problem, can u tel clearly..

8. kumar
    October 15, 2010 at 11:45 am #

hi gopi, i download drop in slide plugins, and i went to widget and transfered it into sidebar. i did not find it in setting.

when i put it into sidebar, i did not get the idea to get photo onto it, i have photo page in my blog.
    i found in widgts wp-content/plugins/drop-in-image-slideshow-gallery/gallery.

so can u please let me know how can i access my photos onto it. would be so great for me thanks
    kumar

9. tulsa internet marketing
    October 27, 2010 at 11:22 am #

I really like this particular area, Quite possibly into web marketing/SEO. Have you ever heard from meetup.com? I find that there are regularly several virtuous possibilities to fulfill and netwoork with others to our destinations. You need to have a look at it should you become time.

10. tim
    November 5, 2010 at 8:06 pm #

hi
    I just upgraded this plugin (via automatic update) & it deleted all the photos in the plugins folder! I had them backed up but maybe there should be a warning?

11. Joe
    January 4, 2011 at 12:55 am #

I love this plugin–it works like a dream. The only thing I would ask for (extra) is the choice to have images appear in random order.

Joe

12. igor
    February 10, 2011 at 10:15 pm #

Make sure its a .jpg picture. I loaded a .png file into the gallery and it didn’t work. I changed the extension to .jpg everything worked fine. hope this helps to those who are having trouble viewing there pics on the website.

• Bhaskar chitrilla
      May 3, 2012 at 3:31 pm #

Thank you man……… ur comment had been helpful to me at the time of when i was suffering to display images……keep it up :-)

13. eore
    April 7, 2011 at 1:05 am #

And make sure your .jpg file is not a .JPG file. And make sure your files are the same size as the image on the sidebar. This will not reformat the size of the images.

• igor
      April 12, 2011 at 9:36 pm #

It doesn’t have to be same size, it will work if they are different sizes, it just looks nicer if you have it the same size.

14. William
    April 7, 2011 at 11:39 pm #

Hi Gopi thanks for your work.

I’m wondering how can I erase all references to the tittle in the widget, I’m using a Rockettheme template and since the widget does not allow me to specify the style I’m moding the PHP but would be nice if you give me a clue.

May 5, 2011 at 4:09 pm #

NOW VERSION 4.0 AVAILABLE.

16. juan
    May 18, 2011 at 3:25 am #

Hi you do not respond to edward cullom, I have the same problem

17. Marlene Ferguson
    June 4, 2011 at 1:13 am #

nevermind… I saw how to add them (no “Add” button… just a blank field)

18. Eric
    September 10, 2011 at 11:33 pm #

I love the plugin, the only problem is that it doesn’t place the images in the right order. The first run it goes in the order I put them in inside the directory, but then it starts going randomly.
    I think you should make it so that you can put in the url for individual images, and select which order they repeat in.

19. Reynaldo Barrioz
    January 28, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

Can I have more than one drop in slide show on my website?

May 18, 2013 at 5:12 am #

At present we don’t have multi widget option. we can use only one time.

20. Bhaskar chitrilla
    May 8, 2012 at 3:35 pm #

hi, actully i installed drop in image slideshow gallery…. and activate it.. it should be displayed properly in my site.. but the only thing is images size should be decreased sooo images scrolling proper but it scrolls half half the images.. can u suggest me to how could it display actual image size????????

May 9, 2012 at 1:26 am #

please arrange the width & height of the gallery in the admin setting page.

21. Jitendra
    June 7, 2012 at 9:47 am #

hi,
    i want to know that the procedure of using the facebook plugin, what is the code use and where use it. plz tell me.

22. Renee Dupuis
    June 14, 2012 at 8:02 pm #

I can’t get the images to display in the correct order… I even named the images 1,2,3,4,5,6… Any suggestions?

May 18, 2013 at 5:12 am #

The file names are returned in the order in which they are stored by the file system not in the alphabet order.

23. Tom Bonham
    April 3, 2013 at 5:19 am #

I have switched over to WordPress MU. The slide show plug-in continues to work on the “original” site. I have tried to use it on the new site. The “gallery setting” works. The “drag and drop widget” works leaving a blank area as defined in the gallery setting. However, when I try to add content in the “Image Management,” I get the error message “No data available! use below form to create!” The data is an exact copy of the working page.

May 18, 2013 at 5:10 am #

Hi Tom,

This may be database connection issue. please check the plugin file and confirm the db connection.