Space gallery

Want to display images as a slideshow in the page or post? Then use space gallery WordPress plugin. It’s just another image slideshow show gallery. Click on the below images to see it in action. Space Gallery is a JQuery based slideshow plugin that provides smoky out of the fantasy effect to images. Bring in a smooth sliding effect to image views with this wonderful JavaScript slider.

(Version 1.0 to 5.0) This is the XML based slide show, so to add or delete the images in the xml file. Live Working Demo available in this post, Check the demo images and see the smooth sliding effect

1. Take the “space-gallery.xml” XML file from plugin folder.
2. add/update/delete the image in the xml file.
3. Always use full image path in XML file.

(Version 5.1 onwards) All XML files removed and introduced directory option. from this version 5.1 onwards gallery images loading from the mentioned directory. in the admin we have option to set the image directory location.

• Download the plugin space-gallery.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the space-gallery.zip file
  • Extract the /space-gallery/ folder.
  • Drop the space-gallery folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new space gallery plug-in listed.
  • To turn the WordPress plug-in on, click activate. After activated the plugin update the XML file with your own images.

• Search space gallery plugin using search option.
  • Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in. After activated the plugin update the XML file with your own images.

• Download the plugin space-gallery.zip from download location.
  • Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word press admin.
  • Upload the available space-gallery.zip file and click install now.

Check the live demo images and see the gallery in the action

600x400 1 Space gallery600x400 2 Space gallery600x400 3 Space gallery600x400 4 Space gallery600x400 5 Space gallery600x400 6 Space gallery600x400 7 Space gallery600x400 8 Space gallery600x400 9 Space gallery600x400 10 Space gallery

Short code for pages and posts: Paste the given short code in the posts and pages. the name of the XML file available in the short code.

Short code from version 1.0 to 5.0

[space-gallery=filename=space-gallery.xml&height=450]

filename = new-simple-gallery.xml
This is the name of the XML file gallery, this xml file should be available in plugin folder.

Short code from version 5.1 onwards

[space-gallery directory="dir1"]

Add directly in the theme: Use the given PHP code to add the gallery to your theme files directly.

Short code from version 1.0 to 5.0

<?php if (function_exists (space_show)) space_show(); ?>

Short code from version 5.1 onwards

<?php space_show(‘dir1′); ?>

Q1. How to arrange the width & Height of the plug-in?

Open “css/custom.css” CSS page and update the width & height of the gallery.

Q2. How to arrange border around the image?.

Open “js/spacegallery.js” JS file and goto line number 8 to update the border.

Q3. How to arrange perspective height?.

Open “js/spacegallery.js” JS file and goto line number 9 to update the perspective.

Q4. How to arrange minimum scale for the image in the back?.

Open “js/spacegallery.js” JS file and goto line number 10 to update the minimum scale.

Q5. How to arrange animation duration?.

Open “js/spacegallery.js” JS file and goto line number 11 to update animation duration.

Q6. Very important (Till version 5.0)?

Please take backup your existing XML files when you update this plugin to new version.

Other related plugin

44 Responses to“Space gallery”

1. G
    August 14, 2010 at 9:49 am #

It’s Fantastic!

This plugin is great, like others. Thank you.

(Turkish)
    Bu eklentiniz de diğerleri gibi harika. Teşekkürler.

2. adminpaul
    August 15, 2010 at 12:18 am #

* Option – 2 : Copy and past the below mentioned code in desired template location.

I am a newbee! I have already activated the the plugin, but can you tell me where to paste the code exactly?

August 15, 2010 at 5:45 am #

1.You can paste the below given code directly into PHP page. or

2. You can use the below given code into page or post.

[space-gallery=filename=space-gallery.xml&height=450]

3. Annie
    August 17, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

Where can you set which photos you want to use?

August 18, 2010 at 5:05 am #

No, just paste the given code(below code)

[space-gallery=filename=space-gallery.xml&height=450]

in your post or page.

4. N
    August 21, 2010 at 6:03 pm #

I uploaded the plugin to my plugins directory, but when I try to Activate it in my admin panel, I get a fatal error warning:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in *****/wp-content/plugins/space-gallery/space-gallery.php on line 28

Please help?

August 22, 2010 at 3:01 pm #

wp version please??

5. S Calhoun
    August 27, 2010 at 1:57 am #

Not having luck.

Plugin activated
    xml file edited (filename=space-gallery.xml)
    used full path in xml

In my page text area I put:

[space-gallery=filename=space-gallery.xml]

I see in the Page Source the calls to the plugin, but no gallery is written, so the result is a blank

Any advice? WP3.0.1

But no gallery showed up.

6. gayan
    August 28, 2010 at 4:26 pm #

yes , i have same error, i add this path but no image can u help me. plssssssssssss its nice pluging . will i want edit ur xml file ?

7. Kenney
    September 4, 2010 at 10:39 am #

I am using the plugin successfully as far as showing your pictures but how do I show the pictures I want to use?

September 8, 2010 at 10:00 am #

update the XML file with ur images.

8. Angie
    September 8, 2010 at 9:55 am #

Hi there would like to know if one can create different galleries i.e. space-gallery1 and space-gallery2 and then paste the code into different posts so that it only shows the images relevant to the post – I have not tried this as yet – but am wondering if it would work.

[space-gallery=filename=space-gallery1.xml&height=450]
    [space-gallery=filename=space-gallery2.xml&height=450]

September 8, 2010 at 9:59 am #

yes, it ill work.

• spetko
      May 10, 2011 at 3:20 pm #

Hi, I want more gallery below and do not …
      [space-gallery=filename=space-gallery1.xml&height=450]
      [space-gallery=filename=space-gallery2.xml&height=450]
      what is wrong?

• Urban
        February 22, 2012 at 10:26 am #

Hi, have you made a space-gallery2.xml file with you photos in it?

9. Dreams
    September 28, 2010 at 3:34 pm #

i uploaded the plugin and activated it,
    but when i paste the code in a page it just appears a black square with non ending loading..

any idea where the problem is ?

10. MrWho
    September 30, 2010 at 12:03 am #

Hello again.

Again, another superb plugin, but with a similar problem to the one I mentioned on the Superb Slideshow.

Whereas the Superb Slideshow superimposes itself on the theme’s pull-down menu, this one appears correctly under the said menu. *But* when I try to select one of the menu options over the gallery, the mouse suddenly focus on the gallery and the menu disappears, making it impossible to select any menu option that appears over the gallery.

I don’t know if my description of the problem is of any help, but if needed I can recreate it on my home server so you can recreate the bug.

Cheers!

• MrWho
      September 30, 2010 at 12:07 am #

A possible fix to the above comment I made would be to time the picture change and disable completely the mouse interaction. Can it be done? If so, how (a quick’n’dirty howto would suffice).

11. bhuvnesh
    October 12, 2010 at 10:58 am #

it also must have next and previous button to change the image

12. Khairul
    October 20, 2010 at 7:52 am #

how to edit XML file ?

13. Grae
    November 12, 2010 at 9:07 am #

I’m getting this character “<"appear in the top left corner of the holding div.
    In my html it appears as "<".

I think there is an error in the php, maybe "<" is inside a variable , but I can't find it.

Thanks!!

14. mike
    November 14, 2010 at 6:02 am #

I like the plug-in, but adding my own images is confusing. Is there a way to get some help how to do it.

15. Raph
    January 4, 2011 at 4:54 pm #

same here as Grae.
    getting the “<" character… rest stays blank.
    Using wp 3.0.4.

thx for sorting this out.

16. tony
    January 5, 2011 at 6:52 pm #

I’m having the same problem,seeing your pictures but not able to load mine. I see you don’t answer this question. Could you please be more specific than” update the XML file with ur images”. How about a step by step on how to “exactly” do it. I love this plugin but the problem with you guys who make these things think the rest of us are just as advanced in this as you are so you assume we know as much as you. If that were true we would make our own plugins and wouldn’t need you.

17. tony
    January 5, 2011 at 7:32 pm #

Also for some reason some times the space gallery shows up one size then later it will be another size, how do you fix that? I notice you don’t answer half of your questions.

18. Miles
    January 26, 2011 at 3:34 pm #

I’m using the SpaceGallery plugin on my wordpress site, but after setting up the plugin my horizontal image slideshow at the top of the page won’t scroll (pressing either directional arrow doesn’t change anything). However, when I deactivate the plugin the slideshow returns to normal. Do you know why this conflict would exist or how to fix it? Site link in my name. Thanks.

19. Rob
    February 12, 2011 at 7:08 am #

Great plugin, thank you very much! Only thing is that my photo’s fading out sideways and not as your demo “coming to you” what did I do wrong?

cheers,
    Rob

20. Robert H
    February 21, 2011 at 7:06 pm #

Why are you not answering the questions? I am getting less impressed

21. Tomoko Shelstad
    February 22, 2011 at 6:39 am #

Cheers for writing this. This addressed a lot of inquiries which i had.

22. مهدی
    April 4, 2011 at 9:17 pm #

where is the download link!?

23. adjoutdoosy
    April 12, 2011 at 7:32 pm #

The new way, extremely simple, fast and revolutionary to listen and download any songs in mp3 format for free.
    mp3 free download

24. Christiane
    April 26, 2011 at 12:17 am #

Is it possible to use photos of artwork of different sizes, instead of having all of them trimmed to the same size?

25. duniaku
    May 25, 2011 at 12:39 pm #

amazing wordpress plugin…i used it for my blog…

26. James Hand
    July 18, 2011 at 11:05 pm #

Greetings,

The plugin works great and looks great in my site. You definitely deserve a lot of thanks. I only have one small problem. All my photos are screencaps of websites I’ve developed and I needfor thename to appear as well as thehyperlink to each site to work. I noticed that both of these are included in the XML file. Is there some other variable(s) I needto set to activate these 2 features.

27. TBeaudoin
    October 27, 2011 at 7:21 am #

I loved this plugin but just did some updates and it no longer works. Any plans to upgrade soon?

28. cmoimeme
    November 7, 2011 at 5:40 pm #

Merci beaucoup il est vraiment génial le plugin :) super boulot. J’aurais aimé savoir si il y a une possibilité de rajouté un description au image ? j’ai essayer avec la balise mais sa ne fonctionne pas :( si quelqu’un a une solution merci. Et deso mais je ne sais pas écrire en anglais :( Encore merci

29. kourosh
    November 8, 2011 at 11:33 pm #

Hey, may I ask you if I can have an xml feed from feedburner that provides me with the images?

Could you help me with that. (now the file xml is static but I would love that this file is coming from some RSS feed)

November 9, 2011 at 1:20 am #

its very hard… bcos we cant expect in the RSS all images is in the proper size…

30. jeuxdotnet
    December 5, 2011 at 11:13 pm #

I loved this plugin but just did some updates and it no longer works. Any plans to upgrade soon think for this

31. Mrinal
    April 21, 2012 at 2:06 pm #

This is just awesome even if it breaks at some points now. Thinking you can make a whole gallery theme for some professional photographers.

32. English Man
    May 26, 2012 at 5:51 pm #

Hi, Love this plugin however I have the same issues as Tony – “please be more specific than” update the XML file with ur images”. How about a step by step on how to “exactly” do it.” The plug in works however my images are showing up too big, how do it resize, many thanks

33. English Man
    May 26, 2012 at 7:21 pm #

So the answer is to resize your images located on your website yourself. Now I have the same problem as Rob with the images fading out sideways. No one answered his question either, any one know how to fix this?

34. adilwaqar
    June 22, 2012 at 7:32 am #

how to use it in widget are
    only short code seeing in text widget of sidebar

help plz

35. Rob van de wetering
    June 12, 2013 at 5:14 am #

hi,
    great plugin! love it and using it for the last 2 years but I have one question. I have to click on the photo’s so slide them. it there a way (code) and where that I can set the image to start sliding automatic? please see http://www.camper-verhuur-nieuwzeeland.nl/onze-campers/explorer-campervans/

thank you very much, can you please email me ? thanks Rob