Wp cycle text announcement is a plugin to show the text news with cycle jQuery. Display one news at a time and cycle the remaining in the mentioned location. and it is same as my previous plugin RSS news display; except this plugin have separate page to manage the news content. Using this content management page we can create, edit, delete our messages and the same we can display it in the front end. as usual this plugin have separate CSS file to manage the front end style. one more good news is we have option to set the start date and expiration date for the news display.
- Simple installation and customization.
- Separate page to manage the news content and setting.
- Four different cycle option.
- Option to set the news display start date.
- Option to set the news display expiration date.
- Separate CSS file to manage the style.
Live demo 1
Live demo 2
- Download the plugin wp-cycle-text-announcement.zip from download location.
- Unpack the zip file and extract the /wp-cycle-text-announcement/ folder.
- Upload the entire wp-cycle-text-announcement folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress dashboard.
- Configure the plugin using the plugin menu Wp cycle text within the Plugins tab.
Plugin display option
Drag and drop the widget:
Go to widget page under Appearance menu, Drag and drop Wp cycle text widget into your side bar.
Add directly in the theme:
Paste this PHP code
<?php wpcytxt('setting1'); ?> in your theme where you want the announcement to appear.
Short code for posts and pages:
Copy and paste the below given short code into pages or posts to display the news
Short code :
After activated the plugin, go to plugin menu on your wordpress dashboard to manage the news content and to configure the setting,
Dashboard → Settings → Wp cycle text
Frequently asked questions
Q) How can I add this plugin under my top-menu/header?
1. To add this plugin on the website header, open your header.php file from the theme folder.
2. <?php wpcytxt(‘setting1′); ?> Copy and paste this PHP code at the end of the file.
Q) How can I add this plugin on my website footer?
1. To add this plugin on the website footer, open your footer.php file from the theme folder.
<?php wpcytxt('setting1'); ?> Copy and paste this PHP code at the beginning of the file.
Q) How can I add this plugin on my sidebar?
For this we can use the widget option, or we can add the PHP code in the sidebar.php file.
Q) How can I change the display style?
The plug-in have separate CSS file and that css file contain 10 class, each class is for one setting. that is, in the admin we have 10 settings and each settings have individual CSS class which is defined in this style sheet. follow the below link to style it the way you like.
Dashboard → Plugins → Editor → Select wp-cycle-text-announcement on the top right drop-down box → Edit the CSS file wp-cycle-text-style.css the way you like.
Q) How can I display the news in random order?
Option available in the setting page. Just update the setting with Random display YES.