Onclick Popup

One easy way to send your visitors a welcome message, notice, or advertisement is to add this popup plugin to your site. WordPress on-click Popup plugin will create a popup message to your website. The popup will appear on text click so it is named on-click popup. Sometimes it’s useful to add a popup to your website to show your ads, special announcement and for offers. Using this plug-in you can create unblock-able, dynamic and fully configurable popups to your blog.

Plugin demo available on the sidebar, click the text and see the popup window. also 3 more different popup plugin available in this website check the plugin list on sidebar.

This popup ads are very effective advertising tools for your website since they won’t get automatically blocked by popup blocking tool.

Feature of this plugin

• Simple.
  • Easy installation.
  • Easy configuration.
  • Unblockable.
  • Popup appear on text click.

Plugin configure

First step is to upload and activate the plugin(Check installation instruction below).

Configuration option 1

Drag and Drop the Widget: Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop OnClick Popup widget into your side bar. It’s very easy.

Configuration option 2

Add the gallery in the Posts or Pages: Copy and paste the given short code into pages or posts. Short code available below

Configuration option 3

Add directly into theme: Add directly in the theme: Use this code, <?php if (function_exists (OnClickPopUp)) OnClickPopUp (); ?> to add popup to your theme files.

Short code for the plugin version 2.0, 3.0

[ONCLICK-POPUP:SETTING=1:GROUP=GROUP1]

Short code from the plug-in version 4.0 onwards

[onclick-popup setting="1" group="1"]

SETTING:1 = This is to mention the setting number.

GROUP1 = This is content group name (In the admin content management we have group option to group the content).

Q1. How to arrange the popup window width?

We have to set the window with in the CSS property. In the admin, popup setting page we have CSS setting text to assign the value. Please follow as per example.

Q2. Is possible to add the pop up into the particular page/post?

Yes, add the given code into page/post. See comment 1 to find the short code.

Q3. How to update the popup information/content?

Administration → OnClick Popup → Content management

Q4. How to arrange the popup window position?

Option available in the admin popup setting page

Administration → OnClick Popup → popup setting

Admin screen

screenshot 1 Onclick Popup

Wordpress plugin onclick popup admin

1. Download the plugin onclick-popup.zip from download location.
  2. Unpack the onclick-popup.zip file and extract the /popup/ folder.
  3. Drop the onclick-popup folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  4. In word press administration panels, click on plug-in from the menu.
  5. You should see your new onclick popup plug-in listed.
  6. To turn the word presses plug-in on, click activate.

1. Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word-press admin.
  2. Search onclick popup plugin using search option.
  3. Find the plugin and click ‘Install Now’ link.
  4. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.

1. Download the plugin onclick-popup.zip from download location.
  2. Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your word-press admin.
  3. Select upload link (top link menu).
  4. Upload the available onclick-popup.zip file and click install now.
  5. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.

49 Responses to“Onclick Popup”

1. chiara
    November 15, 2011 at 12:37 pm #

Hi there,
    I can’t find a download link for this plugin nor in your donwload page nor in the wp repository, could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you!

2. Val User
    November 15, 2011 at 9:30 pm #

Great plugin. posts & pages fine.

But how to insert shortcode into template say

[ONCLICK-POPUP:SETTING=1:GROUP=GROUP6]

have tried

and

but no success.

Any help appreciated

3. Val User
    November 15, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

and

November 16, 2011 at 1:13 am #

for template use configuration option 3

4. Jesus
    December 2, 2011 at 8:28 pm #

Does not work in IE7 or 8.

5. Virginia Mellencamp
    December 3, 2011 at 10:33 pm #

What the…? I saw this article in another website, why don’t you at least add a link in the end to show some appreciation for their work?

December 4, 2011 at 9:01 am #

This is the original & official website for this plugin…

6. vangie
    December 13, 2011 at 8:12 am #

7. jim
    January 8, 2012 at 10:43 pm #

yeah, same question as vangie…

8. Mayank signhal
    January 14, 2012 at 5:28 pm #

hello sir your plugin not working well i am adding the content in html in content management but it does not work it also showing the html syntax actually i want to show the image as well with the content can u plz check it out

9. collinvierra
    January 24, 2012 at 5:47 am #

Is there a way to put multiple on-click popups on a single page? for some reason when i try to do this each link ends up linking to a single popup option rather than to the ones i specify.

10. -V-
    January 31, 2012 at 5:22 am #

Hello, I love this, it is exactly what I have been searching for.
    How can I make it much Wider? like 1000 pixel wide.
    -V-

11. Keyword Grouper
    February 1, 2012 at 3:45 am #

I click the link above to download the plugin. I am sent to the plugin page. The plugin page has a link Onclick Popup… I click that and get sent back here. Is this plugin no longer available for download? I don’t understand.

12. Scott Murphy
    February 16, 2012 at 7:34 pm #

You have a number of bugs and some improvements that could be made in your JS. I would like to submit the changes I made. Do you have this opensourced somewhere like github?

Scott

13. TobyWallis
    February 18, 2012 at 5:54 am #

Hi. How do I select which popup and link text goes in the widget? I tried using the widget but it gives me the Link Text from Group 1 and the popup from Group 3. Not much good!

many thanks

14. cNews24x7
    February 23, 2012 at 2:16 pm #

Improvements that could be made in your JS. I would like to submit the changes I made. Do you have this opensourced somewhere like github?

• Lakshmi narayanan
      June 6, 2012 at 6:40 am #

I would like to have this plugin work on my site. Can you please mail your changes here: guptha.lakshminarayanan@gmail.com please. I would be very grateful !!

Many thanks..

• Born26s
      October 23, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

If you have got this to work beyond the first popup, I’d love to get a copy of your .js fix.

• Born26s
        October 23, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

Otherwise… I guess I’ll be looking for another similar plugin. Thanks

• lee
      October 25, 2012 at 8:23 pm #

Hello, could you possibly send me the changes to leemh24@msn.com.

15. John Spencer
    May 15, 2012 at 4:30 pm #

Is it possible to imbed and trigger the Popup in an Image?

16. Webmaster
    May 16, 2012 at 3:59 pm #

I just couldn’t go away your website before suggesting that I actually loved the usual information a person supply to your guests? Is going to be again regularly to check up on new posts

17. Christian
    May 21, 2012 at 8:56 pm #

Cannot open pop-up link again after window is closed. Has this been fixed???

18. Carol Hoffnagle
    May 22, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Can I add more than the 9 groups? I am trying to put a different pop-up quote on about 40 different posts. First 9 work great but can I do more?

19. Todd
    June 13, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

Is it possible to make a picture be the source of a popup? if so how do I embed the shortcode in it?

• Chris
      April 9, 2013 at 8:01 am #

Same question here. How can I add the popup code to an empty link or on an image?

20. Joshua Parker
    July 30, 2012 at 2:56 pm #

I love this plugin and it is what I need for a project I am working on. So, I’ve registered the shortcode into my theme, but it doesn’t work, nor does the shortcode work when placing it into a post or page. Can you help me figure out a solution? Thanks.

21. Fabio
    August 16, 2012 at 1:38 am #

Thanks for the plugin. It would be great if it was possible to move the pop-up around the page (in my blog it’s like an istructional tool). In addition, I have to show you a bug: when you click the link to open the pop-up, it doesn’t work anymore, until you refresh the page.
    Bye.

22. Patrick
    September 2, 2012 at 6:26 am #

Great plugin! Is there a method to use this in combination with custom links in the admin bar?

23. Thomas Morley
    October 9, 2012 at 7:46 am #

Hello, I have your oneclick popup working on my site but I have a problem, when clicked on it opens but at the top of the page. I cant seem to adjust it to open where it is clicked on. Could you please take a look at my site http://www.sphericnews.com to see it in action, I have placed the widget in the middle footer of my site. And please if you have any ways of fixing this issue I would be very great full. I have tried the anything pop up and liked it more but sadly it stooped my site from working and had to remove it.

Thomas Morley

24. Ravi
    October 24, 2012 at 4:18 pm #

I tried clicking on one of the 4 urls listed just below the “On Click popup Demo” – Yes, it works.
    Then I closed the popup by clicking the “X” and then I tried to open the popup by clicking the same url that I clicked before – but the popup doesnt really pops up – why? I am using FF 16.0 and WordPress 3.4.2. Please explain. Thank You.

25. lee
    October 25, 2012 at 8:24 pm #

Does anybody know of a similar plugin I can use as I’m having the same problem as everybody else.

Thanks Lee

26. Simon
    November 6, 2012 at 7:53 pm #

When i put some html code in the popup only the code will appear no images.

Is it also possible to put some php code or javascript code in the popup?

Thnx

27. Federico
    January 10, 2013 at 2:48 pm #

as vangie said = nice plugin,..but when you close the window it wont open anymore..is there a way to diplay it again when clicking the link??

28. Sheila
    January 11, 2013 at 3:23 pm #

interesting that you haven’t responded to a single question above.

29. Chraven
    January 11, 2013 at 5:11 pm #

popup won’t show anymore after you close it. a bug that the creator can’t fix. it’s better to test your own plugin first before you share it to others. haha.

30. Smoke
    January 14, 2013 at 10:41 pm #

Are you able to fix the bug everyone else seems to be mentioning or not? I need the pop up to open every time I click on it, not only the first time!

31. luis
    January 27, 2013 at 2:32 am #

This sucks! now it messed up my wordpress! Dude, you need to review for yourself what you do before distributing it.

32. Mira
    February 28, 2013 at 1:56 pm #

So where is that “demo”? I cannot find it on this page!

33. KlausRo
    March 7, 2013 at 10:30 am #

If I open the plugin the first time it works fine, if I close it and try to re-open it, it does not open. Anybody has a fix for this ?

34. zealot
    March 17, 2013 at 5:14 pm #

This popup is not working if you open same pop up again and again.

35. Prolore
    March 27, 2013 at 1:31 pm #

Thanks! Worked perfectly and the alignment is just as expected when the right values in CSS settings were inserted.

Would definitely recommend this simple and to-the-point plugin.

Cheers!

36. Arun
    April 16, 2013 at 11:11 am #

the pop up is working but, it is only working one time.Next time it is showing nothing

• mandeep