Tiny carousel horizontal slider

This is Jquery based image horizontal slider plugin, it is using tiny carousel light weight jquery script to the slideshow. in the admin we have option to set image folder location and gallery style. in this plugin there is no option to add description for the images. also we have many horizontal sideshow plugin in this website, please have look.

• Easy to customize.
  • Support all browser.
  • Automatically pauses on mouse over.
  • Short code available for pages and posts.
  • Supports navigation by button.
  • Option to set number of images to move at a time
  • Option to set a interval for automatic slide.
  • Supports localization
  • Responsive

Live demo

Usual wp plugin installation.

Plugin administration

Dashboard ==> Settings ==> Tiny carousel

Activate the plugin and go to above mentioned path in your WordPress dashboard to plugin management.

Image Width: Enter images width (We should upload the same size images in the folder)

Image Height: Enter images height (We should upload the same size images in the folder)

Display: Enter how many images you want to move at a time.

Controls: Want to use the Left, Right arrow button?

Interval: Auto interval to move one image from another.

Interval Time: Auto interval time in millisecond.

Duration: Animation duration in millisecond.

Image Folder Location: Enter your image folder location. Please Don’t upload your original images into this default folder instead you change this default path to original path, also don’t upload any images in the plugin folder. you may loos the images when you update the plugin.

Add directly in the theme: Add the below PHP code in your theme PHP file, for example if you want to add this slider in your website footer, just activate the plugin and add this code in footer.php file.

<?php echo TinyCarousel('1'); ?>

Short code for posts and pages: Use the below short code in the pages and posts to render the slideshow.

[tiny-carousel-slider id=”1″]

Q1) How to change the arrow button?

Use can replace the new arrow image in the plugin folder.
wp-content/plugins/tiny-carousel-horizontal-slider/buttons.png

Q2) What type of image file formats can i use?

You can upload *.JPG, *.JPEG, *.GIF, *.PNG

Q3) Any special instruction?

Yes, Don’t upload any sideshow images in the plugin folder. you may lost it when you update the plugin.

99 Responses to“Tiny carousel horizontal slider”

1. TE5LA
    May 28, 2012 at 6:53 pm #

This plugin breaks my theme. It causes my posts to display text all over the place on the front page. I’m wondering if it’s something odd with the theme called “iGames”? I’d like to have a horizontal gallery of thumbnails at the footer of my site, something like the footer on this website:

If you have suggestions or another plugin for this, please let me know.

May 29, 2012 at 4:58 am #

This may be conflict of the theme CSS.. pls try on different page..

3. mac
    May 29, 2012 at 4:59 am #

Nice plugin.. working nice on my website footer..

4. lebcit
    June 1, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

Hello, nice plugin, just want to know how to center the slider in a page or post.
    Thanks a lot!
    P.S. : centering the shortcode in html don’t work

5. Lauren
    June 9, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

I can see the scroller but it is not picking up the images, just showing broken images. Even the default one showed broken images. Any ideas?

6. Karl
    June 11, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

Hello Admin,

The Image path is correct, yet i am not seeing images. Only the arrows. What else could be wrong?

June 12, 2012 at 1:23 am #

Take the view source and check the image path.. and let me know the link

• Karl
        June 12, 2012 at 2:37 am #

For some reason the file names have been converted to all caps. Why is that?

• Karl
        June 12, 2012 at 3:07 am #

ok. it’s not working with my template. i switched it to the twenty ten theme and it works fine. Can you suggest where in my template i can edit to make it work? Thanks for your plugins.

7. Deon
    June 22, 2012 at 5:05 am #

I cannot get this to work with my Thesis Footer. It only shows one image, does not scroll and the arrows are aligned vertically on top of each other.
    This is the code:
    function custom_footer() {
    if (is_front_page()) {
    ?>

<?php
    }}
    add_action('thesis_hook_footer', 'custom_footer', '1');

Result http://www.s3lab.co.za

8. Pam
    June 23, 2012 at 11:51 am #

Image do not show up in theme1516? Is it not compatible with this theme?

Also can you hyperlink the images to go to other pages?

June 24, 2012 at 5:45 am #

Share the theme, so we can look and and get back..

9. kathan
    June 27, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

plugin is not working :-(

and when i feel the form for getting download link from mail, a link shows as “expired link”, when i am tried to download from wordpress.org, only the previous and next buttons shows on page or post, images are not shows.

i am uploading the images in right folders.

June 28, 2012 at 9:58 am #

try now..

10. kathan
    June 27, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

Dear admin,

i seen many comments like above of mine, they have also same problem “images are not shown” – if the plugin is not working properly then kindly repair it else remove this plugin – that’s why another haven’t wast their time.

another plugins are fantastic, also your work is highly appreciated, main thing is that you provides plugins in “FREE”.

keep it up (y)

June 28, 2012 at 4:35 am #

Hi, i have checked your mails and found there is issue on your image location.. please help to check your image folder location and try again..

• kathan
        June 28, 2012 at 8:56 am #

dear admin,
        according to description shown on setting page of the plugin, i have been set a path same as it or also even tried this path :
        wp-content/images/

but still it doesn’t work, kindly check by uploading in test theme from your site.

June 28, 2012 at 9:58 am #

Hi, just i found the UPPER case issue on the image URL. i will update the plugin soon.. in the mean time you can use the .JPG , .GIF files.. (file extension should be in upper case)

11. philippe
    July 3, 2012 at 11:47 am #

bonjour

J ai installé ce jour le plugin, qui ne fonctionne pas.

j ai entre le code [Petit-carrousel curseur id = “1”], mais celui ci s affiche sur la page et je n ai pas de carousel….

ai je fais une mauvaise manœuvre…

merci d support

12. Paul
    July 4, 2012 at 5:10 am #

Hi, is it possible to use this on an existing gallery and is it possible to show the images in a lightbox slideshow when they are clicked on?

13. Sam
    August 6, 2012 at 3:27 pm #

hi there Admin or Gopi , i see that a year ago that you were planning on adding a shortcode option to post this plugin on a page or post. has that happened yet?
    please advise

14. Sam
    August 6, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

nevermind i meant that for the information reel plugin

August 6, 2012 at 3:28 pm #

ok thanks..

15. James
    August 7, 2012 at 10:57 am #

Loving this plug in. Its perfect for what I want but it would be really really useful if there was a way of putting a URL against each image. Is this possible? Or is there any alternative that has the same layout as this plug in?
    Thank you in advance!

16. Ken
    August 9, 2012 at 11:54 am #

Gopi, thanks for your great work with these WP plugins. For Tiny Carousel Horizontal Slider, can it be used more than once in a web site – e.g image folder 1 on page a, image folder 2 on page b, image folder 3 on page c? Or multiple times on same page? Also, is it possible to use zoom effect so that when carousel is stopped by user and an image clicked, it displays larger image with fancy zoom?

August 9, 2012 at 3:50 pm #

No, You can not use multiple times on the same page…. But you can create different gallery for each page.

• Ken
        August 10, 2012 at 1:26 am #

OK, thanks, I now have different galleries on 3 different pages. But last image gets cut short so experimenting with settings. Where is the CSS file to change padding between images?

17. Ken
    August 14, 2012 at 1:54 am #

To prevent cutting off last image, had to repeat first image at end of sequence. I need images to appear in correct sequence. They are named 1-[imagename], 2-[imagename], etc and were saved in correct sequence for timestamp – but they display in random order (OK on my own localhost but not on live server). How can I fix this please? Here is test page:

18. Shay
    August 15, 2012 at 8:56 pm #

Is there a way to customize the plugin so that media items that have a category or tag to show up in the slider versus routing it to a folder?

19. Wayne
    August 17, 2012 at 9:23 am #

Hi. I’ve got the carousel to show on my homepage and look the way I want it. But the javascript doesn’t seem to be working. It doesn’t slide automatically and the buttons don’t work.

Also, in the admin, to make the buttons appear I have to choose Controls = False. Shouldn’t that be the other way around?

20. val
    August 24, 2012 at 10:06 pm #

anybody knows if it’s working with Classipress theme ? I’ve tried,install it,did the settings, but when I put the code into the files they give back an error….is there something I have missed ?
    Thanks for help

21. Priya
    August 28, 2012 at 5:50 am #

Plugin is not working if called in html page using
    How to fix it??

October 23, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

Please share more info

22. IKRA
    September 1, 2012 at 6:39 pm #

Very nice plugin, works fine. Question: can I make those images clickable? I’d like to link them to some of my site’s pages.

23. Denis
    September 5, 2012 at 10:38 am #

Gopi, I’ve just downloaded Information Reel Message Scroller; looks good, thanks.
    I have a question: I am looking to put a multi image slider (with text option next to image) on a new WP site using WP Shop template. Thinking of Tiny Carousel. Will this take up to 50 images? each approx half the width of images shown in Demo? Can I add text alongside the image (eg Textbox)? Alternatively, please let me know which of your plugins will do this.I will be putting the horizontal slider just under the header display. Thanks, Denis

September 5, 2012 at 10:41 am #

Hi, This plugin don’t have text option. “Superb slideshow gallery” you can try this plugin for image/text.

24. Shawn Hazen
    September 13, 2012 at 6:35 pm #

Is there a way to make this loop instead of going back to the beginning? Would like it to just continue—going back to #1 after the last image…

25. Shawn
    September 14, 2012 at 12:11 am #

Is there a way to add links to the images?

October 23, 2012 at 2:13 pm #

This plugin don’t have link option. Please try “Image horizontal reel scroll slideshow” plugin

26. Shawn Hazen
    September 17, 2012 at 4:04 pm #

I can’t get the images to appear in the order I want. How does the code determine the order the images appear?

I have “random” turned off, so I’m not sure why it’s ignoring the filenames, etc.

27. Aum creation
    September 18, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

This plugin is really fine ! Exactly what I searched but.. If I have several sliders on the same page, only the first one is working… Others just stand on the first picture..
    I’ve seen something weird in the source : everyone has the same ID (#tiny-carousel-slider1) whereas in the backoffice anyone is called this way (but “[tiny-carousel-slider id=”5″]””[tiny-carousel-slider id=”4″]”, etc…)

Can you help me ? Does anyone get this issue ?

October 23, 2012 at 2:11 pm #

At present we can add one slider per page only.

28. Arunkumar
    September 24, 2012 at 11:11 am #

This plugin is good.

I use this plugin in my post. Its working nice.

But if i use this plugin in frontpage.php , the plugin is not working. Just image only showing.

i’m using themia-lite theme.

So help me to solve this issues.

Thanks!!!

October 23, 2012 at 2:11 pm #

Please check your java script. I think because of the JQuery conflict. Please comment the Jquery load from the plugin file and try again.

29. Musti
    October 3, 2012 at 9:13 pm #

This plugin sounds interesting and I think that it would be even more interesting if it is responsive.

I hope that you take this into consideration in your next version.

Very nice though and thanks for the good work.

30. iLCODE
    October 16, 2012 at 12:52 am #

This plugin is really fine ! Exactly what I searched but.

31. isadanial
    November 12, 2012 at 2:53 am #

y the arrow don`t function when I click it?
    is it related with js

32. TulsaWeb
    November 15, 2012 at 8:05 pm #

Your latest version in the WordPress respository is an empty zip file.

Please make a note of it.

33. Shubhang
    November 24, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

I am getting this error. Please help me

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/fourze/public_html:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/fourze/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tiny-carousel-horizontal-slider/tiny-carousel-horizontal-slider.php on line 81

34. Frank
    November 27, 2012 at 10:22 am #

Only one image shows up and the arrows or the “slide” don’t work.
    The imagesfolder lays under http://www.mywebsite.se/blahablaha/blahaha/imagesfolder and all the images is saved JPG.

I got the latest version of WP and using the theme newshun and also uses the plugin Easing Slider for something else I don’tthink it’sa conflict between them two.

This is urgent, I need an answer at the end of this day or I’ll get another plugin. My website is up and running and it can’t look like shit for long time.

(Sorry for my bad english gramma)

• Frank
      December 7, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

Why do you answer some of the questions and some not?
      Bad manners!

December 7, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

Heavy work, Some time can reply some time cant, but am trying to reply all the comments..

• Frank
          December 14, 2012 at 1:35 pm #

I respect that you’re busy but you can start with answer the questions one by one in order instead of jumping over 2-3 questions and answer the 4th question.

EX
          Question1

Question2

Question3

Question4
          Answer

Why don’t do it this way instead?

Question1
          Answer

Question2
          Answer

Question3
          Answer

Question4

That’s said,it’s an great plugin if it would workand it could work great if you could answer the questions.

35. stef
    November 29, 2012 at 9:53 pm #

I don t want to use arrows (left or right) but it doesn ‘ work ! If I put true or false , every time I see arrows !
    there is a something wrong with this plugin …

36. Amit
    November 30, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

Great plugin, exactly what I was looking for. I have though 2 issues :

1. The left arrow doesn’t appear – it’s in the code (even the link works) but I can’t seem to be able to have it appear
    2. The right arrow keeps blinking in an annoying way

You can see the plugin @ work here – http://atwild.com/ and I can submit the admin setting if needed.

Amit

December 1, 2012 at 2:22 am #

Hi Amit,

Just saw your link. it looks you have changed the button image. but not in the correct format. please check existing image and your button image, you can find the difference.

• Amit
        December 2, 2012 at 10:57 am #

Thanks a lot ! I didn’t realise it was a sprite image…missed that ;-(

Have another question if I can – is there a smart way of attaching links to each image ? can I attach a post to each one somehow ?

Thanks again,
        Amit

37. ravishankar
    December 8, 2012 at 6:41 am #

i want to display two image groups in same page,kindly let me know how add the php code [short code wont work in pages] ,kindly let me know ASAP

I tried both
    1. tiny carousel and
    2. Image horizontal reel scroll slideshow,

both are not displaying more than one gallery in same page.

38. Olu
    December 9, 2012 at 6:46 am #

Please help, I am working on a project, but i can not figure out what the images are not showing even thou. I have disable all the plugin to find out the conflict one but can not please help.

Site is http://ldbf.tanatekinc.com

Thank you.

Olu

39. Saaliq
    December 10, 2012 at 8:56 am #

What if I only want this carousel to be dropped in Homepage only? Any code for that please.

40. Maria
    December 10, 2012 at 10:06 pm #

Great plugin, but I am unable to use it for any of my projects since there is no way to link the photos.

41. Rajeev
    January 3, 2013 at 5:13 pm #

HI
    after transfer code to real server i am not able to create slider. plz help

42. chirag
    January 5, 2013 at 12:15 pm #

how can we place href to each image with the text below each image

43. Amit
    January 7, 2013 at 3:58 pm #

Is it a bug or something I have set wrong ? in the carousel I am using (http://atwild.com) if you scroll to the right till the last set of images, the last image gets cut off – you can see just a part of it, any ideas what might cause that ?

Amit

44. Amit
    January 14, 2013 at 8:27 am #

Is there a way to have the images from a custom post types appear at the gallery ?

Amit

45. Suresh kamal
    January 28, 2013 at 11:47 am #

Hi dear,
    Your plugin is wonderful. First upon i appreciate you for creating this plugin and gave us as free.
    In my new website have your this plugin. the main problem i am facing that, the images in the slider is always on sliding. I want to stop its sliding and it will slide only on clicking its arrows. otherwise i dont want to slide.. Will you help me ?.. I am waiting for your reply. Please do it as early as possible.

46. madhusudan
    February 3, 2013 at 11:15 am #

plugin not showing in the widget panel. already acitvated. am using wp 3.5.1

47. Omid
    February 5, 2013 at 3:27 pm #

Hello, Thank you very much for your wonderful plugin, when the plugin show all pictures it goes back from beginning , how about if we want to continue without fall back from beginning? and it continues like cycle

48. Dieuw
    February 7, 2013 at 1:13 pm #

Hello!

Really like the plugin! Thank you for that!

But i would really like to know if it is possible to display the images in a LOOP? Instead of it going back tot the beginning.

Please answer my question, saw 3 other people with the same question, would be NICE!

49. KC
    February 7, 2013 at 11:34 pm #

Installed the plugin, but
    #1… where am I supposed to upload so that I an inlcude the URL for where they are located in the plugin page?
    #2… I want to run the Tiny Carousel in the sidebar above the blog on my homepage. But I don’t know which widget to use. I’ve entered in TEXT or IMAGE widgets, but it’s not working.

50. KC
    February 7, 2013 at 11:35 pm #

Meant to say “where am I supposed to upload my image files to create a gallery or library” (to ultimately have a URL for where all those image files are located?)

April 7, 2014 at 4:57 am #

In this plugin we dont have image upload option. Thus use Media menu in your dashboard to upload your images and copy the folder location and use it here.

51. Hassanein
    February 12, 2013 at 1:26 pm #

Hello admin,

i would like to paste this horizontal slider in my website. But i dont use WordPress. So i use the dreamweaver to programm my website. It is possible to use your skript in dreamweaver to show the same result?
    Unfortunely it couldn’t work, i think i did something wrong.
    If you give me an manual to integrate this code on my website i would be very happy.

Thank you alot in advance.

52. Renuraj Pingle
    February 13, 2013 at 6:45 am #

It works well, but i want to slide images in continuous loop, it should not rewind.
    like 1>2>3>1>… continue but not reverse.
    Can any one know how can i do that?

53. Mike
    April 23, 2013 at 4:45 pm #

how do I change the order of the images? It seems to only go in a random order and I can not seem to be able to change this.

54. Brad Dalton
    May 8, 2013 at 8:38 am #

I’ve marked the show controls to False but it still displays the arrows. How do i remove them?

• Den
      May 8, 2013 at 3:15 pm #

Hi, Brad, just add
      #tiny-carousel-slider1 .buttons {
      display:none !important;
      to your main theme css file, and they will not be shown, not sure if it will have the same id (#tiny-carousel-slider1), check your page code.

Hi, developers, can you please tell in which order slider picks up images? I see this question have been asked few times already, but there is no reply, if it always random, just tell this please.

55. Alexander
    May 14, 2013 at 1:49 pm #

How can I change the css for the carousel. I want to adjust the position of the slider, I’ve tried to add css for the slider in the main css for my site, but it still reads from another source which I can not find. Also I need to change the space between the images

Alex

56. www.codedcontainer.com
    May 15, 2013 at 6:15 pm #

I wanted to let you know that when I try to change the plugins working directory for the images the plugin fails on load. I have used a php do_shortcode call, and have changed the relative folder location to a location inside of my theme. Why is the plugin not working? Please email me if you know of a solution.

April 7, 2014 at 4:55 am #

Please use the folder path as per given example. folder path must end with slash.

57. bloggershop
    May 27, 2013 at 6:46 am #

its possible to make carousel clickable?

58. andrea berns
    June 1, 2013 at 3:59 pm #

you can stop the scrolling and only use the arrows?

April 7, 2014 at 4:53 am #

Hi Andrea,

This options available in the updated version, Please check plugin version 6.2

59. Harry
    April 17, 2014 at 10:28 am #

Your plugin is working good but I am facing the problem image border, I want to remove the border from image but it is still after ever try. Pleas include a css file to control style of image

April 19, 2014 at 1:47 am #

This border may come from your theme style.css file. please check the html view source and alert the particular css to change the border.

60. Shawn Hazen
    April 25, 2014 at 7:05 pm #

Hi!

Plug in has been great. Thank you.

BUT, it stopped working. Please see http://www.tillerevents.com/clients/ It’s finding the image folder but it’s not displaying them all.

Using “Inspect Element” I can see they appear to be in there stacked and hidden. So maybe it’s a CSS thing?

April 26, 2014 at 1:09 am #

It’s working.. If i run the script separately… attached email sent to your email. So it looks your new theme get conflict with this plugin…

61. Shawn Hazen
    April 28, 2014 at 2:30 pm #

Hi Gopi.

But it WAS working. It’s been working for over a year, and the client just noticed it was broken.

The theme hasn’t changed at all in that time—and they hadn’t updated WordPress either. I did update wordpress, but that didn’t affect anything.

Any ideas what would be causing the conflict?

April 30, 2014 at 3:09 pm #

I cant give any suggestion without checking the website.

62. Eric
    May 3, 2014 at 11:45 pm #

Gopi,

I am not finding any info on how to upload my images to the slider. I am not a developer so I’m a little unsure of how to do this outside of the WP dashboard.

I’m just a guy trying to build a site simple with wordpress. I am basically asking for a description on how to upload the images to the slider everything else makes sense.

Eric

May 4, 2014 at 12:53 am #

In you dashboard you have menu called media, use that menu to upload your images. once you uploaded the image, copy the URL and use it in the plugin.

63. Dominique VIARD
    May 7, 2014 at 8:35 am #

Hello Gopi, your carousel is almost perfect for me -:)

But isn’t it possible to add a link on each image, to go to the post about this image …

Look at my website to understand what i want to say … I make an example for you here

Regards.
    Dominique

May 8, 2014 at 8:06 am #

Your link has been removed because its broken. FYI, preview link will not work without login.

64. kannan
    May 23, 2014 at 4:29 pm #

hi! in the setting screen Slider width is not there to be configured. how do i configure that?

rgds

May 24, 2014 at 2:36 am #

Image Width option available in gallery add/edit page not in the setting page. Its responsive gallery, automatically fit to the page.

65. GW
    May 28, 2014 at 7:14 am #

A great plugin that nearly does all that I need. If you could add the ability to manage individual images and set a url/link to per image it would be a very useful plugin.