Vertical carousel slideshow

Vertical carousel slideshow WordPress plugin is a good DHTML JavaScript script plugin for the showcasing of images on your site. It displays images in a 3D, carousel fashion. The script is originally taken from dynamic drive website via Google search.

• Slideshow can be set to either slide in from top to bottom, or the reverse.
  • 4 sided slideshow means, 2 images will be in view at all times (the other 2 behind the scene).
  • Slideshow pauses on mouse over.
  • A DOM based script that works in modern DHTML browsers – FF, IE5+, NS6+, and Opera 7+.

See the Live Demo on sidebar. Do you want to scroll the images horizontally? use my Horizontal carousel image slideshow WordPress plugin.

• Download the plugin vertical-carousel-slideshow.zip from the download link.
  • Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /vertical-carousel-slideshow/ folder.
  • Drop the vertical-carousel-slideshow folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new horizontal carousel image slideshow plug-in listed.

• Search vertical carousel slideshow using search option.

• Download the plugin vertical-carousel-slideshow.zip from download link.
  • Upload the available vertical-carousel-slideshow.zip file and click install now.

Option 1: Go to widget menu and drag and drop the “Vertical carousel slideshow” widget to your sidebar location. or

Option 2: Copy and past the below mentioned code to your desired template location (i.e In your theme PHP file).

<?php if (function_exists (vcs_show)) vcs_show(); ?>

Admin image management page

Administration → Settings → Vertical carousel slideshow

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. How to arrange the width & height of the slideshow?

Go to ‘Vertical carousel slideshow’ link under SETTING tab to change these settings.

Q2. How to change the slide delay time?

Q3. Where to upload my image?

wp-content/plugins/vertical-carousel-slideshow/images/
also you can change the upload location via ‘Vertical carousel slideshow’ setting link.

(Best practice is don’t upload your original image into this default folder instead you change this default path to original path)

Q4. How the slide show manages the order?

The file names are returned in the order in which they are stored by the file system.

16 Responses to“Vertical carousel slideshow”

1. capresso mt500
    August 3, 2010 at 5:23 pm #

thanks for the Plug In. i really loved it installing on my website.

2. babe
    September 7, 2010 at 9:04 am #

i dont know how to upload my pics . only tha sample pics appear in my website .. i realyy dont know how to download my pics from this plug-in . help me please !! asap

September 10, 2010 at 4:44 pm #

Just upload your images into “wp-content\plugins\vertical-carousel-slideshow\images” this directory, and it ll fetch images directly from this folder, in the front remove the cache and check the new uploaded images

3. babe
    September 13, 2010 at 1:05 pm #

i put it in my url the codes that you gave . i dont know how to do it . i followed the instruction but still the sample pics appeared .. i am really upset ! i thought i could upload it easily .. but dont worry, i try my best to work on it !

4. jeannie
    December 13, 2010 at 4:05 pm #

Where do I upload my pictures. I read your reply above and I don’t understand it. Do I upload pictures in the widget? I don’t know code.

5. Jeannie
    January 31, 2011 at 9:07 pm #

Can you tell me how and where to upload my pictures for this plugin?

6. karen burton
    February 3, 2011 at 8:14 pm #

Why am i getting this?
    “Warning: opendir(wp-content/plugins/vertical-carousel-slideshow/images/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/thestrai/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/vertical-carousel-slideshow/vertical-carousel-slideshow.php on line 35

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/thestrai/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/vertical-carousel-slideshow/vertical-carousel-slideshow.php on line 36″

7. Alena
    May 23, 2011 at 3:57 pm #

Great plug in! Works great! Thanks!

8. Dok
    June 3, 2011 at 11:09 am #

Thanks for this great plug in!
    That is fantastic.

How i can add a html link on the pictures … it this possible?

Thanks a lot!

9. Bryon Wojick
    September 9, 2011 at 5:03 pm #

Wonderful post, I will attach a link from our website

10. Vincent
    September 22, 2011 at 7:10 am #

The only one missing from your great work seems to be a nice horizontal Carousel … shame, it is what I was looking for :-(

I found this one but no knowledge of how to make it a WP plugin

11. Me-Chat
    September 29, 2011 at 9:56 am #

Wooow…Nice…..

I like this…..

VIsit me

October 15, 2011 at 2:42 pm #

Now horizontal carousel available

13. star wars coloring sheets
    January 31, 2012 at 3:56 am #

I really like your wordpress template, exactly where did you get a hold of it through?

14. Życzenia Urodzinowe
    March 21, 2012 at 6:50 pm #

I needed to put you a tiny observation to help give thanks once again with your magnificent concepts you have documented in this article. This has been really pretty generous with you in giving unhampered all that many of us could possibly have distributed for an electronic book to help with making some cash on their own, precisely given that you might have done it in case you considered necessary. The principles additionally worked as the fantastic way to fully grasp most people have similar passion just as my very own to grasp a great deal more related to this condition. I’m certain there are lots of more enjoyable situations ahead for many who scan through your website.

15. socorro