Superb Slideshow

This is a strong, cross browser fade in slideshow script that incorporates some of your most requested features all rolled into one. Each instance of a fade in slideshow on the page is completely independent of the other, with support for different features selectively enabled for each slideshow.

• Fade in effect that has the current image fading over the previous one.
  • Automatic slideshow.
  • Slideshow can be set to stop rotating after N cycles.
  • Each slide can be optionally hyperlinked.
  • Each slide can have an optional description associated with it.
  • Descriptions can either be set to show on demand (when the mouse rolls over the slide), or be always visible until explicitly dismissed.
  • Persistence of last viewed slide supported, so when the user reloads the page, the slideshow resumes from the last slide.
  • Slideshow automatically pauses onMouseover.

Live demo available demo on side bar and below. This is XML based image slideshow to add/update/delete images use “superb-slideshow.xml” XML file

Installation instruction and configuration

Option 1

• Download the plugin superb-slideshow.zip from download link.
  • Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /superb-slideshow/ folder.
  • Drop the ‘superb-slideshow’ folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new ‘superb slideshow’ plug-in listed under Inactive plug-in tab.

Option 2

• Search ‘superb slideshow’ plugin using search option.

Option 3

• Download the plugin superb-slideshow.zip from download link.
  • Go to ‘add new’ menu under ‘plugins’ tab in your wordpress admin.
  • Upload the available superb-slideshow.zip file and click install now

Plugin demo

Q1. How to arrange the width & height of the slideshow?

Go to ‘Superb Slideshow’ link under SETTING tab to change these settings.

Q2. How to change the slide Fade Duration, Pause, Cycles?

Go to ‘Superb Slideshow’ link under SETTING tab to change these settings.

Q3. How to add more image?

1. Upload your images into your server (Use media WordPress dashboard menu to upload images).
2. Take the “superb-slideshow.xml” XMl file from plugin folder.
3. Create new image node like below (add imagepath, link, title, target)

<image>
<path>wp-content/plugins/superb-slideshow/images/gSlide11.jpg</path>
<target>_new</target>
<title>Click to see Superb Slideshow demo</title>
<link>http://www.gopiplus.com/work/2010/07/18/superb-slideshow/</link>
</image>

Drag and Drop the Widget : Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop ‘Superb Slideshow’ widget into your side bar. its very easy.

Add the gallery in the Posts or Pages : Copy and paste the given short code into pages or posts.

Short code from version 2.0 to 9.0

[superb-slideshow=filename=_live.xml&width=600&height=350]

Short code from version 9.1 onwards

[superb-slideshow filename="page1.xml" width="400" height="300"]

Add directly in the theme : Use this code, <?php if (function_exists (sswld_show)) sswld_show(); ?> to add this plugin to your Theme files.

Requirements/Restrictions!

1. Works with WordPress 2.7+
  2. PHP 4.5+ or above with dom library support.
  3. See your phpinfo file to check DOM/XML enabled or not.
  4. To work this plugin DOM/XML should be in enabled mode (this is default in enabled mode, so no problem).
  5. If any problem in the close button display; take superb-slideshow/inc/superb-slideshow.js and goto 3rd line and replace the image path with full URL.

DOM/XML phpinfo screen

Note : Those who have updated this plugin from 3.0 to 4.0, go to admin area and change the XMl file name from “superb-slideshow-v2.xml” to “superb-slideshow.xml”, then it will display your correct images

98 Responses to“Superb Slideshow”

1. Franky
    August 1, 2010 at 9:31 am #

seems that update 5.0 dont works anymore. Everytime i update from 4.0 to 5.0 the webserver (Host Europe) hangs completly, also all other domains dont work anymore.

DOM is enabled.

Any ideas?

bye, Franky

August 1, 2010 at 10:10 am #

1. First take backup your existing xml and images.
      2. Update the plug-in
      3. Remove the cache.
      4. Refresh the page.

if not working.. try to update the plugin manually(simply download the plug-in and update the plug-in directory via FTP)

2. TechGopal
    August 4, 2010 at 12:49 pm #

nice plug in……..

3. Laurence
    August 6, 2010 at 6:16 pm #

I installed it on a 1&1 server and no images loaded..

The DOM/XML is enabled but the function doesn’t load anything from the xml file (wich had ben checked)

August 7, 2010 at 3:13 am #

Check your XML file name & image path given in the XML file.

4. Laurence
    August 7, 2010 at 7:43 am #

thanks for answer but all of that had been done.
    the XML DOM object returns an empty array (after the doc->load and doc->getElementByName() T_T

5. dong
    August 10, 2010 at 6:25 am #

i agree, in this new version it doesn’t load the images. i already checked the xml file and it points to the exact url of the images. it only shows loading gif but no photos.

it seems this new version is not compatible with most web hosting. :( any ideas gopi?

6. rodgerpegues
    August 14, 2010 at 12:54 am #

I’m here:

I found some directions on here to edit the js and css
    files and I did that, and the width and height are in the code
    on the page……

my problem is that the slide show is scrunching up all skinny(width) in Safari and IE. Please help this is a high traffic site…………thanks in advance!

7. t1gor
    August 22, 2010 at 6:08 pm #

Hi. I’m currently trying to use your slideshow plugin, and it works good, BUT I just can’t change the size of the slideshow. It still is 200×150. I’ve tried to hardcode it inside the superb-slideshow.php file, but it still doesn’t work!

Would be really grateful for the urgent reply!

• James
      January 12, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

I have the above problem. I am trying to add the shortcode but the size wont change? Here’s my shortcode…

[superb-slideshow=filename=superb-slideshow-v2.xml&width=549&height=613]

Please help.

Thankyou.

8. sascha
    August 23, 2010 at 9:00 pm #

very nice plugin! Is there a possibiliy to show pics in random function? May be there ist a possibility to combine with this possibitlity of your Random image gallery?

9. t1gor
    August 27, 2010 at 9:27 pm #

Hey there again. Thanks for your previous reply, but I’ve got more questions now :)

How can I make slides in a slideshow change by a click?

Again thanks in advance.

10. Debbie
    September 2, 2010 at 7:19 am #

I was all set to go live with this site and then I upgraded the plugin and it doesn’t show the images
    Not only that but it appears to interfere with my headway theme visual editor
    I deactivated the plugin and my editor works again
    I loved this plugin – its a major component of this website. I have it extending the full width of the site just under the menu (doesn’t show now because I deactivated it)

Could I please have a copy of the previous version. It was working great for me. This new version isn’t going to do the job
    Please send me version 4

• Debbie
      September 2, 2010 at 6:59 pm #

Just a follow up. This plugin works great. I found the problem. It was my error in the xml file. Not a version problem

You can see it in action at http://nordicboatsusa.net

Keep up the great work!!!

• moonsoup
        January 2, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

I have been having a problem with this too.
        Would you mind sharing what you found wrong with the xml file Debbie?

11. prokopis
    September 4, 2010 at 7:28 am #

hello from greece.
    i iam trying to use your plugin in top of my frontpage, and i have problem with this:

i am using the pixopoint menu and the superb slideshow is hiding the dropdown of pixopoint.

is there any way to fix this?

September 4, 2010 at 8:39 am #

I think the both java-script collapsed each other.

12. max
    September 5, 2010 at 7:04 pm #

How can I change the background color from black to white? Thanks!

• Simo
      December 10, 2011 at 9:40 am #

In superb-slideshow/superbslideshow.js find this line and change where it says background
      HTML of entire slideshow
      setting.$wrapperdiv=$(‘#’+setting.sswld_wrapperid).css({position:’relative’, visibility:’visible’, background:’black’, overflow:’hidden’, width:setting.sswld_dimensions[0], height:setting.sswld_dimensions[1]}).empty() //main slideshow DIV
      if (setting.$wrapperdiv.length==0){ //if no wrapper DIV found
      alert(“Error: DIV with ID \””+setting.sswld_wrapperid+”\” not found on page.”)
      return

13. Andyman
    September 9, 2010 at 2:40 am #

Is this known to cause issues with other jQuery sliders or pieces? There is a jQuery slider built into the theme I am using and when I use this plugin, it works fine, but it breaks my other slider (loading jQuery too many times, maybe?)

14. Tobias
    September 9, 2010 at 9:10 am #

Great Plugin .. but how can I use css on for example I need round Borders on this .. Thanks Tobias

15. Fred
    September 9, 2010 at 4:56 pm #

Anyway to disable the pause on mouseover?

September 19, 2010 at 5:24 pm #

Already available, go to top and check the gallery.

• Jimmy
        July 14, 2011 at 3:15 pm #

It’s really great that people are sharing this ifnormtoain.

16. bitsyandkitty
    September 14, 2010 at 7:59 pm #

any ideas on adding a static image to display if users have javascript disallowed? x

17. ilithya
    September 26, 2010 at 10:15 pm #

I was wondering how can I do it so my SUPERB SLIDESHOW stops at the last slide, instead of the first one, when I choose “1 cycle”?

I’m guessing I need to change the js code, but couldn’t figure out where exactly.

18. Silvio
    September 27, 2010 at 10:50 am #

H!
    I’m writing from Croatia and have first step trouble.

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home/sites/site242/web/wp-content/plugins/superb-slideshow/superb-slideshow.php on line 41.

Testing on XAMPP/localhost everything works fine but on Net give me a error.
    Please, help!

19. MrWho
    September 29, 2010 at 11:33 pm #

I love your plugins. Many thanks.

This one is very flexible, which is good, but I have a problem: With a theme that uses pull-down menus (like the one at http://www.multideias.eu for example) the slideshow overlaps the menus, and it should be the other way around.

Any way of solving this editing code? Or are you planning to add a Z-plane option so people can choose the plane where the slideshow will stay?

Thanks once more!

20. Will
    October 8, 2010 at 4:35 am #

I’ve added this as a widget, but it automatically includes an title, even when I haven’t included a title.

How can I stop this from showing?

21. Joe
    October 20, 2010 at 6:45 pm #

Doesn’t seem to accept accented characters such as í or í

Joe

22. fred
    October 28, 2010 at 10:15 pm #

how do i put the slideshow on to the homepage as the central image. please help!!

23. Andrew
    October 30, 2010 at 6:51 am #

I have the plugin working great in a post or page, my pics show and everything. My problem is when I install it as a widget in the sidebar some how it screws up my entire hompage!

my section where I have “featured” posts uncompresses into seperate posts and the same happens for the video player. instead of one video player showing multiple videos it seperates each video in the list so there will be multiple video players instead of one with a playlist! how can I fix this, I want to use this in the side bar and not in a post or page. Or is this simply a conflict with my theme perhaps?

Infact this same problem happens with your other plugins also, ive tried New Simple Gallery and get the same result.

I do however have your Random image gallery with fancy zoom installed and this doesn’t cause any problems with the rest of the page.

please help thanks.

24. Davíð Víðisson
    October 30, 2010 at 10:16 am #

On my Windows Server 2008 R2 running IIS 7.5 I had to modify the code slightly to get it to read the XML file.

In superb-slideshow.php I replaced..
    $doc->load( $sswld_pluginurl . $sswld_xml_file );

with a physical path..
    $doc->load( “c:\inetpub\wwwroot\superb-slideshow.xml” );

A programmer should probably sort this out properly.

25. Tanveer Malik
    November 5, 2010 at 2:45 am #

I am using this plug-in on of my clients sites [given above] but it is hiding the menu, will appreciate a way to overcome this issue is shared with the community.

26. Pan
    November 6, 2010 at 12:10 pm #

Are I able to remove the link functionality of the images?

Thanks – great plugin!

27. Melvin
    November 13, 2010 at 4:46 pm #

Hey there. I got everything to work correctly except that I have a gap of about 5px above the slide show and the wrapping div that its in. Is there a know factor with the slideshow that I’m over looking? I need the slide show to be flush with everything else on the page.

28. Nil
    November 18, 2010 at 1:41 pm #

Great job !

29. Ruby
    December 17, 2010 at 7:19 pm #

This plug-in was confusing and lengthy and it shouldn’t be that way! People should know this: if inserting this line of code ONLY into your post or page “[superb-slideshow=filename=page1.xml&width=400&height=300]” you will get a blank area and won’t be able to see any images. Try this if that happens: make a new template to use with the slideshow (you can call it “Slideshow” if you want) and put this code where you want it to appear on the page: “” (without quotes, of course). If you do this method, delete the “[superb-slideshow=filename=page1.xml&width=400&height=300]” from the post/page. Then, it worked for me. I don’t know why the other method didn’t work completely. The whole tutorial needs to be re-written more clearly, if you want my opinion.

30. Ruby
    December 17, 2010 at 7:20 pm #

this goes where those empty quotes go, sorry!:

31. Ruby
    December 17, 2010 at 7:21 pm #

“” why isn’t the php tag showing up when I copy and paste it? Grr!

32. Beth
    December 18, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

This past week I noticed the slideshow stopped working on one of my websites. It was working great and I have not changed anything on the site. Any suggestions what may have gone wrong? Please help!

33. Horrible Plugin
    December 24, 2010 at 1:18 am #

Wow you would think when you upgraded a plugin, from the wordpress dashboard it would save the old data.

Why are you so lazy???

You can’t not replace the .xmls?

Thanks to the horrible coding now I have to remake over 20 .xml videos. O wait nvm Im using a different plugin

One that doesnt shaft its users.

• FreshlySerious
      January 10, 2011 at 11:22 am #

Can any one explain why the sidebar version of this plugin breaks the slideshows on my entire blog. Finally found a plugin that works just how I need it to and it breaks everything. Stuff like this only happens to me. jeez.

any help would be appreciated.

34. DADA AALTO
    January 12, 2011 at 5:14 pm #

Hello!

Thanks for this great widget.

Chapeau!

Could you please add a background color parameter?
    Transparency, too?

Thanks and happy new year.

DADA AALTO

35. Jayon
    February 14, 2011 at 1:39 am #

I love this plug-in, but there’s something I can’t figure out: Superb Slideshow Gallery works well by itself (installed it with a customized twenty ten theme) but it seems to cause the “Fancybox” plug in to stop working. Any idea how I can get them both to work on the same site at the same time??

36. Eric
    February 18, 2011 at 3:42 am #

How can you center the slide show widget. With my theme, the photos are slightly off and it is uncomfortable. I want to center the slideshow in the middle of the widget sidebar.

37. Emanoel Filho
    March 14, 2011 at 4:13 am #

How to center the slideshow in a page or post? He is always
    left. Thanks for plugin

38. Lars B
    March 17, 2011 at 5:22 pm #

Thanks for your plugin – love it – great work.

I would like to know where I can change the background color from black to white when the slideshow loads.

I know this will require me to edit something in the plugin editor, but I am not sure where…

Thanks for you help…

Cheers

Lars

39. Mohanix
    March 18, 2011 at 4:38 am #

domdocument::domdocument() expects at least 1 parameter, 0 given in C:\xampp\htdocs\nata\wp-content\plugins\superb-slideshow\superb-slideshow.php on line 35

40. Shawn
    March 21, 2011 at 10:49 pm #

I keep trying to change the height and width of the sideshow to fit the space on the page to no avail. I have changed the numbers in both the settings menu and also on the html code pasted on my page.

I was able to make changes in the past, however I can’t get it to work right now.

Love the plug in just need to get the size right.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn

41. James
    April 4, 2011 at 11:49 am #

Great Plugin!
    Works wonders
    Any one else had issues with overlay of the slideshow images when using ligthbox plugin???
    The thing is… when viewing images with the lightbox effect the slideshow images still apperar infront.
    Thanks in advance for any help on the matter.
    James

42. Joehn
    May 2, 2011 at 2:22 am #

Awesome!

43. Chris
    June 2, 2011 at 3:57 pm #

I have installed this plugin, and followed the very confusing instructions, and it doesn’t work. All I get is a black box with spinning dots.

Can anyone please suggest and alternative, or possibly give me a clear explanation of how to install this plugin?

44. Jorge Santos
    July 22, 2011 at 2:15 pm #

This plugin works sucessfully under brazilian wordpress 3.2.1, so I need to exchange the word “slideshow” to “Revista FOSSGIS”.

Any ideas?

Best Wishes, Jorge Santos

July 22, 2011 at 3:22 pm #

Change the widget title in the setting page

45. Faruk
    July 29, 2011 at 1:57 am #

OK I now installed super-slide show. I am using default template from Word Press and whenI replace the heder image super-slide show floats to the right and can’t get it where I want to. You can see it here http://www.soultherapy.com.au . Can you or someone please help me with that?

46. Tessie Wikel
    August 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm #

I mean, I do know it was my choice to read, however I really thought youd have one thing attention-grabbing to say.

47. Mike Rustici
    September 9, 2011 at 2:33 am #

Also had the same problem as Davíð Víðisson. Needed to replace the web path with the file path (but this is on Linux).

I replaced:

$doc->load( $sswld_pluginurl . $sswld_xml_file );

with:

$filePath = str_replace(“index.php”, “”, $_SERVER['SCRIPT_FILENAME']);
    $filePath .= “/wp-content/plugins/superb-slideshow/”;
    $doc->load( $filePath . $filename );

48. Eve
    September 24, 2011 at 10:33 am #

Oh, an excellent article! I have no clue how you wrote this post..it’d take me weeks. Well worth it though, I’d assume. Have you considered selling ads on your website?

49. Ian
    September 27, 2011 at 8:11 pm #

Hm. Finding it difficult to use … finally got the images there but it REFUSES to show any size except for 200 x 200 no matter what I’ve set the defaults to in the settings page. Could be a good plugin if it was simpler and worked the way it seems like it should.

If I put a shortcode in a page like this, [superb-slideshow=filename=_live.xml&width=600&height=350]

I should get the height and width shown. Why won’t it? I’m happy to help you re-write the instructions in better English so it makes sense. LMK

Ian

50. Ian
    September 27, 2011 at 8:19 pm #

it worked only after I changed the code in the superb-slideshow.php file

51. Ian
    September 27, 2011 at 8:23 pm #

also, it now messes up my admin so that after I post, I only get a white page. not good.

52. Ian
    September 27, 2011 at 8:31 pm #

had to deactivate it. never good PR.

53. CM
    December 2, 2011 at 3:53 pm #

Hello Gopi,
    Could you please tell me how to get rid of the background in this slideshow. I would like to get the same effect (the image covers the entire background) as it is in your live demo.
    And also how to make the area with text not hiding and appearing after every new image, but rather how it is done in your live demo. Thank you very much.

54. Bob
    December 4, 2011 at 3:04 pm #

Hello Gopi.
    Very nice plugin. I’m using the widget, is there any way to customize the title of the plugin? Otherwise it keeps showing “slideshow” as a tilte.

55. ben
    December 11, 2011 at 7:41 pm #

Hello, i have a problem with the width of the image. My pictures are 930×450 pixels. But the image on the screen is only 608×295. I have test different size, i can upper size of the hight but i can upper size of the width.

I think they are a width limitation in the code.

How modify this ?

Thank you for this excellent plugin !

Ben.

56. Jim
    December 16, 2011 at 12:08 am #

great slideshow and it works well. I like to know if its possible to place the description on top instead of the bottom.

57. staxyn
    December 18, 2011 at 9:55 pm #

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. (Marie Curie)

58. soon
    December 22, 2011 at 8:39 am #

The plugin doesn’t work after I upgrade to ver 7. I got all the xml there, but the area is blank with no slideshow, here is the page for ref- http://www.siusoon.com/home/?p=601
    It should show at the top, before “title”.

How to fix this issue? Just nothing show there…

• Aaron
      February 4, 2012 at 6:25 pm #

I have the same issue with v7 as well as the previous one…. older version worked fine for over a year until last night.

Is there any help for this?

All I have been able to come up with is:
      — LI id=”superb slideshow” may be the problem since that space makes it 2 different IDs
      — inside that, the div id=”sswld” is self-closing, not a full div

59. Pierre Gielen
    December 26, 2011 at 12:01 am #

Is it possible to show the slideshow only if screen width >- 800 pixels? So that it does not show on a mobile phone, but does on a tablet or regular pc.

• Aaron
      February 4, 2012 at 6:27 pm #

Use a media query in your CSS file and set the slideshow to display none for widths less than 800.

60. ys
    January 21, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

Hi, I like the plugin but I want to get rid of the widget title space. Even when I delete the title in the settings page, the space for the widget title is still there and it does not align with the top of the sidebar. Also how can I widen the description – Add a little more space above and below the description.

61. angioletto
    January 26, 2012 at 12:25 pm #

Thank you so much for this really “superb” plugin you can see in action here http://www.angiolettochecucina.it/ with the banner in the top right corner. Two things I believe that would be very useful for everybody and let your plugin be used in many other ways.
    1) allow to set a different duration for the last slide in case all the images belong to the same “animation” like I do with my banner, so the animation stops a while (or forever without creating another total image ahead the other images) before beginning once more;
    2) the possibility to see a list with all the .xml files created.
    One question:
    Is not possible to use the widget way to insert the slideshow for more instances? It disappears once inserted. If it was possible we could choose the slideshow we need from a list.

62. maik
    February 8, 2012 at 11:52 pm #

i hope you get this !! thank you for your plugin but…

cant read special character & and in TILTE AND LINK
    WHAT CAN I DO tHANK YOU &&&&&&&&

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: xmlParseEntityRef: no name in http://crazydays.gr/wp-content/plugins/superb-slideshow/superb-slideshow-v6.xml, line: 29 in /home/crazyday/public_html/wp-content/plugins/superb-slideshow/superb-slideshow.php on line 55 ONLY FOR ONE &

&&&&&&&&&&& MAIK

63. Calista
    February 17, 2012 at 3:54 am #

I can’t find an xml file in my extracted files. Is this supposed to be generated by WordPress?

64. Calista
    February 17, 2012 at 5:22 am #

Ignore the last question. I downloaded the wrong widget.

65. Calista
    February 17, 2012 at 1:40 pm #

Clarification on using the Short Code to insert this Slideshow into your website. The Short Code provided is incorrect. If you are getting a blank or black area where your slides are supposed to appear it’s because the wrong xml file is provided in the Short Code. This is what the Short Code should be:

[superb-slideshow=filename=MYFILE.xml&width=600&height=350]

Replace MYFILE with the name of your xml file. The file is probably named:

superb-slideshow-v2 or superb-slideshow

This is the xml file where you input the image path (new image node).

66. Panos
    March 5, 2012 at 12:39 pm #

Hello!

This is a great slideshow and very easy to configure. But I have two questions!

1) Is it able to remove the pause when the mouse hovers over a photo?

2) How can I add a previous | pause | next buttons?

Thanks in advance!
    Panos

67. Suzan Svatek
    April 26, 2012 at 6:19 pm #

I cannot get this to work. I have tried everything I know. I added the plug-in and activated it. I added the code to every post I wanted displayed. I added the code to everything theme php………nada. I know the slide show is working in the background because when I use Firebug, the code moves around. I don’t know what you are talking about with changing the XML code. In the posts code I changed “filename” to the link for the picture. Still nothing. I am about ready to give up on this. Why people think this is so simple, I do not know. It’s the most complicated plug-in I have used so far.

68. Michael "Genocide" Lelli
    May 3, 2012 at 1:46 pm #

Hello and Thx for this plugin.

Can u made a script that allow u to upload file from FTP and then create thumbs?

Thx

69. Brett
    May 16, 2012 at 4:29 am #

Great plugin, but it appears OVER my menu. For instance, if someone hovers over my menu, which has about 10 sub menu items, the sub menus are blocked by the slideshow because the slideshow appears IN FRONT of the menu when the menu is expanded. How can I fix this?

May 16, 2012 at 4:35 am #

arrange the z-index value in the js file

• Brett
        May 16, 2012 at 7:33 am #

Thank you for your reply. I’ve changed the z-index value in the superb-slideshow.js file but it appears to do nothing. I’ve changed it from its default of 1002 to 0, 1, -1, -1000 and nothing seems to change.

70. Satish
    May 16, 2012 at 3:18 pm #

Hi sir,

I have problem with plugin, i have used this it in the left sidebar of the above url. But this was not coming. Before that this plugin was working in test server, but now coming to the production server, this was not working, i checked “DOM” things. It showing the “loading image”. Please check this and let me know the solution. It is very urgent.

This is my test server url, where the plugin was working.

71. dionne
    May 23, 2012 at 7:57 am #

Nice plugin!
    Would it be possible if you click on the images that they appear in a lightbox (plugin installed
    but doesn’t work for the images in de slideshow)
    Thanks in advance!
    Kind regards,
    Dionne

72. Alice
    June 10, 2012 at 3:57 am #

I have installed this plugin and I love the way my slideshow looks on my site, the only problem is that it obscures the drop down menu. Is there any way to fix this?

73. Susan
    June 20, 2012 at 12:24 am #

I am getting error:

Warning: DOMDocument::load(path-to-plugin/plugins/superb-slideshow/superb-slideshow-v2.xml) [domdocument.load]: failed to open stream: Connection refused in path-to-plugin/plugins/superb-slideshow/superb-slideshow.php on line 143

and

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity on line 143

What might be wrong? The file exists. Paths are correct

I have wp 3.4, Superb Slideshow v8.0

74. Susan
    June 20, 2012 at 12:29 am #

I got it work by replacing line 143 with actual path to the xml file

Old:
    $doc->load( $sswld_pluginurl . $filename );

New:
    $doc->load( “/home/myfloder/public_html/wp-content/plugins/superb-slideshow/my_slides.xml” );

75. Bungle
    August 2, 2012 at 12:44 am #

Added a comment here that this should be avoided in newest WP install, ignore completely, dumb ass user error and this has been running rock solid now for a few hours :(
    Sorry about that

76. gar
    August 10, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

Hi dear,

I install the plugin as per your instruction,

I got the below error, How can I solve this?

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /homepages/43/d283530128/htdocs/xxxxx/wp-content/plugins/superb-slideshow/superb-slideshow.php on line 37

Thanks..

Have a nice day..

77. Simon
    August 12, 2012 at 10:41 pm #

Just upgraded wordpress to 3.41 and the ssg-superb-slideshow plugin has stopped working.

I now receive the error “No records found, please check your short code”

So I checked the short code and it seemed to be fine [ssg-superb-slideshow=frontpage=890=315=6000=1000=0=YES] frontpage is the set of images I am using.

I tried to get your plugin to creat the shortcode for me, but once I enter all the numbers and click on submit, nothing appears for me to paste.

I am using version 10 of your plugin.

Regards

Simon

78. Sakshi
    September 24, 2012 at 7:07 am #

I am facing an issue that when I put this code in my php file, if (function_exists (sswld_show)) sswld_show();, I get the error as follows:

( ! ) Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity “file:///C:/MeasureJ/wp-content/plugins/superb-slideshow/superb-slideshow-v2.xml” in C:\wamp\www\MeasureJ\wp-content\plugins\superb-slideshow\superb-slideshow.php on line 125

Please help!!

79. Caroline
    October 5, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

I am finding that sometimes it loads slow in IE8 and is just hanging for ages before anything appears – is this something others have noticed? Is there anything I can do about it?

80. kazirhut.com
    November 11, 2012 at 7:19 pm #

useful article. thnx a lot.

81. isabel amrant baskets
    April 15, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

While present day set away is spectacular – all the shelf connected with items right from Apple past is actually interesting.

82. Bret
    May 19, 2013 at 5:25 am #

Warning: DOMDocument::load() [domdocument.load]: Entity ‘eacute’ not defined in http://monsite.org/wp-content/plugins/superb-slideshow/superb-slideshow.xml, line: 4 in /home/sefarad/public_html/wp-content/plugins/superb-slideshow/superb-slideshow.php on line 39

83. Sam
    June 24, 2013 at 2:48 pm #

Hi there

Having a problem, the slideshow is just showing a black box with spinning loading sign but not the pictures. Does anyone know how to fix this?