Poll one wp wordpress plugin

Poll one wp plug-in is simple Ajax based poll plug-in for WordPress. using this plug-in we can customize the Poll in the website widget. In the admin we have option to create the poll with maximum six answer. also have option to set start and end date of the poll. In the front end it will display one poll at a time also we can set random poll display.

In the front end, after user selected and submitted the answer, it will display the answer for that poll. The live demo available on the sidebar, please submit your answer and see the demo and output.

How to create poll question

After activated the plugin, it will create the new menu Poll One in your admin. In that page we have option to add, edit, delete the question and answer information. also start date, end date option available in the same page to set the question display.

• Simple and easy customization
  • Random question display (one at a time)
  • Option to set start date for display
  • Option to set end date for display
  • CSS setting for widget style
  • Cookies option. user can vote only one time

Plug-in configure

Drag and drop the widget: First install and activate the plugin. After go to admin  widget page under Appearance tab, drag and drop Poll One wp plugin widget into your side bar.

Add directly in the theme : First install and activate the plugin. After use this PHP code, <?php if (function_exists (poolone)) poolone(); ?> to add this plugin to your theme files.

Short code for posts and pages: Add the given short code in the posts and pages to display the poll on the post and page.

Short code:

[pollone id="1"]

id = Enter your poll id.

Use below short code to load random poll from the list.

[pollone id=""]

Installation instruction and configuration

Option 1

1. Download the plug-in poll-one-wp-plugin.zip from the download location.
2. Unpack the *.zip file and extract the /poll-one-wp-plugin/ folder.
3. Drop the poll-one-wp-plugin folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
4. In word press administration panel, click on Plugins from the menu.
5. You should see your new poll one wp plugin plug-in listed under Inactive plug-in tab.
6. To turn this plug-in on, click activate. After activated the plugin, go to widget menu drag and drop the the widget into your sidebar.

Option 2

1. Go to Add New link under Plugins menu in your WordPress admin.
2. Search poll one wp plugin plug-in using search option.
3. Find the plug-in and click Install Now link.
4. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in. After activated the plugin, go to widget menu drag and drop the the widget into your sidebar.

Option 3

1. Download the plug-in poll-one-wp-plugin.zip from download location.
2. Go to add new menu under plug-in tab in your WordPress admin.
3. Select upload link (top link menu).
4. Upload the available poll-one-wp-plugin.zip file and click install now
5. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in. After activated the plugin, go to widget menu drag and drop the the widget into your sidebar.

How to configure the style

On widget page we have option to configure the styles. I used some key words to render the questions and answer, please follow.

##QUESTION## : This key word is used to render the question in the page, the below line said, render the question in between div tag and the question contain black font (color:#000000), bold font (font-weight:bold) and padding left (padding-left:10px;)

##QUESTION##, ##ANSWER##, ##BUTTON##, ##RES## these are the other key words used in the plugin.

pool one wp plugin admin Poll one wp wordpress plugin

Default value

Question CSS:
##QUESTION##

Answer CSS:
##ANSWER##</div>

Button CSS:
##BUTTON##

Question CSS [result box]:
##QUESTION##

Answer CSS [result box]:
##ANSWER## (##RES##)

Admin Option

Dashboard ==> Settings ==> Poll one (Separate menu)

In the above admin page we have option to add, edit the questions and answer. also in the same page we can see the poll result. to see the result click corresponding Edit / View link for the questions.

Q1. How to create the poll question?

Please check the below mentioned menu, there we have form to create, edit, delete the questions and options

Dashboard ==> Settings ==> Poll one wp plugin

Q2. Where to see the poll result?

We don’t have separate page to show the result. result are displayed on the same poll question creation page. when you click edit link in the question, the current poll result will be display near to the answer textbox.

Q3. is this plugin have style option for poll display?

Yes, If you have a little CSS knowledge, you can change the style easily. this option available on widget page.

43 Responses to“Poll one wp wordpress plugin”

1. Eshgin
    May 5, 2012 at 5:22 am #

thank you for this plugin, it will be great if implement session feature due to avoid vote more one answer.

2. Michael
    May 17, 2012 at 2:55 am #

What I really like about this plugin is that there is no box. You can use it – and still see the background of your site. That is really good!
    But not everything is. One must, after having voted just refresh the page (you do not even need to delete cookies) then one can no longer see the result. And you can also vote again. That’s a shame.

May 17, 2012 at 4:41 am #

working on session option.. ll update soon..

3. Fu Lai
    May 19, 2012 at 2:20 pm #

I try creating a poll, added a question and three answers. Then I added the start date 2012-05-19 and the end date 2012-05-25, then clicked the insert message button. I got the error message “No data available! use below form to create!” and no poll was created. On the website it says “No pool available”. What am I doing wrong. The widget is installed and activated, and it was inserted into my sidebar. I am using WordPress 3.3.2.

TIA

4. Fu Lai
    May 21, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

hmmmmmmmmmm, I would really like this to work.

May 21, 2012 at 1:20 pm #

Cookies option added on version 2.0. now user can vote only one time.

• Michael
      May 25, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

It’s great. Thank you. :)

6. Oloap
    May 26, 2012 at 9:38 pm #

Great plugin! Would be great if you can give the chance to modify the input class…that submit button looks ugly in my page and I would like to adapt it to my stile. Now in the widget options is not possible…

7. zomerbios.nl
    May 30, 2012 at 7:54 pm #

The options I entered in the settings form don’t remain. Thus I only see a question and no answers. The submit button is visible.

8. Sushant
    June 7, 2012 at 2:36 pm #

Nice plugin!

Am facing issues with it, after submitting answer, pane gets collapsed. Please help :

url : http://magentohelp.in/dafo/

Sushant

June 13, 2012 at 5:06 am #

u may wrongly updated the CSS DIV value.. Please revert back to default value and update it again.. default value available in the post.

9. Eshgin
    June 13, 2012 at 6:34 am #

Hi Gopi, it will be fully voting plugin if you can implement vote archive, that will be very great feature.

10. kizito
    June 16, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

I INSTALLED THE PLUGIN AND WHEN I CREATE A POLL I GET THE ERROR MESSAGE ”You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” WHAT AM I NOT DOING WELL?

June 17, 2012 at 1:31 am #

Login to your dashboard with admin user and try. i have tested in my side and found no issue of permission.

11. kizito
    June 17, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

i am logged in as admin, and only the default poll appears on my sidebar, i use the latest wordpress, wordpress 3.4

12. Bishwajit
    June 20, 2012 at 11:20 am #

13. Bishwajit
    June 20, 2012 at 11:34 am #

Hey I have successfully installed the Pollone plugin and its working on the sidebar of the site, but I am not able to edit it.here its show this message – You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page. However I am logging in with my admin ID.

14. Joao
    June 22, 2012 at 1:57 pm #

I am another one who is logged with the admin account and get this message:
    “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”
    It seems that login in with the admin account isnt a solution. Would thank you for a proper one.

Best,

Joao

• Joao
      June 27, 2012 at 9:05 am #

Version 3.4

15. Matt Heerema
    June 23, 2012 at 7:27 pm #

I am also facing the “you don’t not have sufficient permissions to access this page” error that the others above are. Please advise.

June 24, 2012 at 1:06 am #

We will check and update the plugin soon/ please share your wp versions.

16. Cees
    June 26, 2012 at 2:04 pm #

I am another one who is logged with the admin account and get this message:
    “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”
    It seems that login in with the admin account isnt a solution.

It did work, but after a update to 3.4 it stopt

Best,

June 26, 2012 at 2:15 pm #

Hi Cees,

In the plugin version 4.0, i have changed the menu position. previously admin link was available under SETTING menu, now i have create separate menu for this plugin.. Please once deactivate and activate the plugin and try again.. still am working on this, still not able to find the issue.

• Da Silva
        June 27, 2012 at 7:08 pm #

I have the same issue, version 3.4 – WordPress

17. Rion Dooley
    June 29, 2012 at 6:19 pm #

I believe you need to register your options properly or manage them separately. The problem seems to be when posting to the options page without a nonce or registered options groups.

18. Rion Dooley
    June 29, 2012 at 8:32 pm #

So the issue was that you had hard coded the url for the settings and questions pages into the plugin. When you moved it out of settings, this caused problems because the urls changed. I went ahead and updated your plugin and cleaned up the layout on the styling template page, the widget settings, and the widget layout itself. I also updated the widget javascript to use jquery, and added support for the ##PERCENTAGE## and ##TOTAL## macros on the results fields. The updated plugin is available here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/203259/pool-one-wp-plugin.zip
    . I’ll also post this on your plugin page for reference.

For version 4.2, please consider taking advantage of the Widget class, settings api, and jquery. Thanks for the great work. I enjoy the plugin, as will my users. On a side note, if you ever want to use progress bars in the results display, set the results template to something like this: ##ANSWER##

19. Rion Dooley
    June 29, 2012 at 8:33 pm #

##ANSWER##

20. Rion Dooley
    June 29, 2012 at 8:34 pm #

<span style="color:#666">##ANSWER##</span><br><div style=’background-color: #0097B9; height:25px; width: ##PERCENTAGE##%;border: 1px solid #666;’></div>

June 30, 2012 at 2:54 am #

Hi Rion Dooley,

Thanks for your updates and jquery addition is really nice.. ##PERCENTAGE## option also good, but there is small issue is there .. for the repeated user ##PERCENTAGE## option is not working ( i mean it is not giving proper graph) i ll update the plugin and publish it soon..

Again thanks for your time, support, response and reply…

21. Kevin
    July 7, 2012 at 12:16 am #

I’m having the same problems with “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”. I cannot create new polls, edit or delete polls. Is there a fix coming soon? Thanks.

• Kevin
      July 7, 2012 at 12:17 am #

Version 3.4.1

July 7, 2012 at 3:10 am #

Please deactivate and activate the plugin… or delete and add the latest version of the plugin…

22. Shashank Kabra
    September 16, 2012 at 11:03 pm #

Hi Gopi!

Arree I tried searching for your plugin but am not able to find it in the WP Directory.

August 17, 2013 at 9:26 am #

In wp directory there is a typo error on this plugin (in wp directory listed name pool one instead of poll one)

23. pItx
    September 27, 2012 at 11:49 am #

Hi, thanks for the plug!
    Can i make more than 6 anwers? i need make like 12. Thanks.

24. awan
    October 8, 2012 at 6:32 am #

access is not permitted,
    Error On ROLESSSSS

25. steve
    October 15, 2012 at 3:55 am #

another seemingly waste of time…doesnt show so cant use – deleted.

26. tboogie
    November 17, 2012 at 12:14 am #

I downloaded and installed the plugin on WordPress 3.42 and I’m getting the same “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page” message. I have the latest version of the plugin which I downloaded directly from this site. I also downloaded it through WordPress and the same thing happens. How can I fix this?

27. Lehany
    December 8, 2012 at 4:53 pm #

Hi, thank for the great plugins set. Can u help me some problem with Poll One plugin. I installed and setting ok. but I can creat new poll or edit your sample poll? I got this line ” You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” How to fix it?
    Thank you.

28. Frédéric M
    December 12, 2012 at 9:57 pm #

Tanks for this plugins but since today my poll disapear and when I go to settings I see my poll I want to reactived but I have this message “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page” and same if I want to create new poll
    Please help me

August 17, 2013 at 9:24 am #

This issue has been fixed on the version 6.0

29. Ertan
    December 18, 2012 at 7:42 pm #

Same problem ” You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” …

August 17, 2013 at 9:24 am #