Random image gallery with light box

The Random image gallery with light box plug-in which allows you to simply and easily show random image any where in your template files or using widgets with on-click light box effect. You can upload the original images directly into the folder or you can set the existing image folder location; this plugin will automatically generate the perfect thumbnail image based on the mentioned width.This plugin is very useful to showcase images randomly to user.

What is Light box script? Light box is a simple, modest script used to overlay images on the current page. click and see the demo you will get understand.

Plugin demo available on sidebar and post; click and see the light box effect. Refresh this page and see the another image on sidebar. Want to use fancy zoom instead light box? Click here to check random image gallery with fancy zoom plugin

Live demo

336x280 1 Random image gallery with light box

• Simple and easy installation.
  • This will create thumbnail image.
  • Display one image on random order.
  • Light box effect on mouse click.

Drag and Drop the Widget : Go to widget page under Appearance tab, Drag and drop R I G W L B widget into your side bar. its very easy.

Add directly in the theme : Use this code <?php if (function_exists (rigwlb_show)) rigwlb_show(); ?> to add the gallery to your Theme files.

• Download the plugin random-image-gallery-with-light-box.zip from download location.
  • Unpack the random-image-gallery-with-light-box.zip file
  • Extract the /random-image-gallery-with-light-box/ folder.
  • Drop the random-image-gallery-with-light-box folder into your ‘wp-content/plugins’ folder.
  • You should see your new random image gallery with light box plug-in listed.

• Search random image gallery with-light box plugin using search option.

• Upload the available random-image-gallery-with-light-box.zip file and click install now.

Q1. Plugin setting link?

Dashboard → Setting → R I G W L B

Click the above link to update the plugin settings.

Q2. Thumbnail not display?

To create thumbnail the “GD support” must be enabled to your PHP setting (its default enabled mode, if not please check your phpinfo file and contact your server).

Q3. Where to change the thumbnail width?

Go to ‘R I G W L B’ link under SETTINGS TAB to update the setting, the height of the image automatically resized based on your width.

Q4. Close button not display in light box effect?

Open “rigwlb_js/lightbox.js” file and set full path to mentioned variables fileLoadingImage & fileBottomNavCloseImage.

“wp-content/plugins/random-image-gallery-with-light-box/rigwlb_img/closelabel.gif”

to

“http://yourwebsitename.com/wp-content/plugins/random-image-gallery-with-light-box/rigwlb_img/closelabel.gif”

Q5. Where to upload my images?

After activated the plugin in default it will fetch image from the below location.
wp-content/plugins/random-image-gallery-with-light-box/random-gallery/

You have to change this folder location to your original location. (Best practice is don’t upload your original image into this folder instead you change this default path to original path)

Other image sideshow plugin

32 Responses to“Random image gallery with light box”

1. aryawan
    July 30, 2010 at 8:16 am #

Dear Gopi,

I have update your pludgin on WP 3.0.0 and my collection can not appear and can not load any of content on it.
    Would you like to inform what should I do ?

Nice pludgin Gopi .. thank you very much

Kind Regard
    Aryawan

2. aryawan
    July 30, 2010 at 9:11 am #

Dear Gopi,

After update to your newest pludgin we must reseting again about picture, title and etc.

I have test with and without this pludgin and would you please let me know how to make this loading faster.

Thank you very much Gopi, wish the best for you

Kind Regard
    Aryawan

3. erkek
    August 23, 2010 at 3:31 am #

tenk you

4. Squidz
    October 3, 2010 at 11:17 pm #

I am trying your plugin, but the image in the page will not display at the proper size or quality. It shows as 500×222 no matter what I put in on the admin size.

Is it possible to display the original image instead of a “thumbnail.”?

• Marsue
      April 8, 2011 at 11:54 pm #

C8syJb That’s a mold-breaker. Great thinking!

• Francisco
        February 7, 2012 at 12:49 am #

This is a very good colceltion. Unfortunately, some of these good plugins can cause slow downs in site loading because they are loaded to memory (with their js and css files) in posts that do not use them. I needed to do some tweaking to make it load only when it should.

• qgvhxwpc
        February 7, 2012 at 9:09 am #

FcwG08 ffzixuwtxtcb

5. Matt
    March 2, 2011 at 9:28 pm #

Thanks for the great plugin. I have shadowbox installed on wp and when I click the picture it comes up twice…once in Shadowbox and once in Light Box.

Is there anyway to disable the iightbox effect or point it to shadowbox?

6. Rex @ Aarons -50
    March 16, 2011 at 6:21 am #

Dear Gopi.

Thanks for the plug in.I’m using wordpress cms
    and it looks very good in side bar.
    I’ve read though setting options, not sure where
    to edit text descriptions.Any suggestions?

7. ניהול תיקי השקעות
    April 20, 2011 at 3:44 pm #

Great tool, but for one photo..

השקעות בארץ ובחול
    בשוק ההון

8. Tom
    May 11, 2011 at 12:30 pm #

Hello Gopi,
    I can get your plugin to work in the sidebar just fine, however, I can’t get it to work directly in my posts.

I’ve added the code:

header.php
    index.php
    page.php

but no images show up, do you have any suggestions?

• Tom
      May 11, 2011 at 12:37 pm #

Oh, I should mention “gd” support is enabled and I copied and inserted your code as listed above.

May 22, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

Version 3.0 available now …

10. marc
    June 6, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

Hello Gopi,
    Is there any way to multiple R I G W L B on the same page?
    After I put it inside first sidebar it is unpossible to put it into another sidebar…
    Acctually the best solution would be not multiple R I G W L B but set number of random images… is there any chance to adjust the code to get f.e. 5 random images?

11. gumihz
    June 10, 2011 at 9:10 pm #

Hello Gopi, Thank you for this plugin,

I would like to know if it’s possible to combine this plugin with the vertical scroll images slideshow? How can I do this if it’s possible?

Thanks for your help,

12. Jaguar
    June 25, 2011 at 2:09 pm #

OK

13. Genevieve
    July 23, 2011 at 12:24 pm #

I’m sohcked that I found this info so easily.

14. Tara
    August 4, 2011 at 4:56 am #

I am developing a site using word press.I got the R I G W L B in the widget and placed it in the side bar below archive…but the problem is it still doesn’t work..it is just being showed in the main template. How do i make it work??

15. Amit
    August 30, 2011 at 1:03 pm #

Dear Gopi

In which file have to put this code ?

August 31, 2011 at 1:04 am #

is ur talking about PHP code??

then u can add this php code in the theme file..

is ur talking about short code??

then u can add the short code into pages/post.. ie when u create the post from the dashboard u add the short code….

16. מכירת עסקים
    November 28, 2011 at 6:58 am #

Wonderful paintings! That is the type of info that are supposed to be shared across the internet. Disgrace on Google for now not positioning this put up higher! Come on over and visit my web site . Thank you =)

17. MichaelP
    December 5, 2011 at 3:52 am #

I am new to WordPress. I have downloaded your plugin but need to get it into the body of a custom page. How do I do that?

18. los angeles janitorial
    September 3, 2012 at 7:45 pm #

Its such as you read my mind! You seem to grasp a lot about this, like you wrote the e book in it
    or something. I believe that you could do with a few percent
    to power the message home a little bit, however instead of
    that, that is fantastic blog. A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.

19. Private Pension Plan
    September 12, 2012 at 9:08 pm #

Greetings,
    I totally respect your post. Good job on the site design.

Thanks..!

20. Ant
    September 19, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

Hi Gobi

Loving this – just cannot get it to work, removing the default images form the randomgallery folder by ftp and adding in original content at 960px web, kills the viewer. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks Ant

21. monitor and keyboard Drawer
    October 13, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

Hi, this weekend is fastidious in support of me, because this point in time i
    am reading this wonderful educational article here at my residence.

22. bestservicefordentalimplantsindubai.yolasite.com
    October 18, 2012 at 4:28 pm #

At this time I am going to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming again to read other news.

23. Kingdom Rush 2
    October 20, 2012 at 8:03 am #

I was curious if you ever considered changing the
    layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so
    people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two
    pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?

24. fat reduction
    October 20, 2012 at 2:49 pm #

Great items from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff prior to and you’re just extremely magnificent. I actually like what you have bought here, certainly like what you’re stating and the best way wherein you say it.
    You are making it entertaining and you still take care of to keep
    it wise. I can’t wait to learn far more from you. This is actually a great web site.

25. outdoor chandeliers for gazebos
    December 18, 2012 at 10:59 pm #

They are off-white, thus I don’t mind using bleach, I just don’t need them to fall apart if I bleach them.
    They are getting those mildew-y grey spots on them as well as look really dirty.
    The morning dew have to be getting to them as well as creating them wet.
    Whenever they dont dry out appropriate away, I think they are
    geting moldy-YUCK! I gotta get it out. Exactly what do I use?

26. Cathy
    December 26, 2012 at 1:56 pm #

May I simply say what a comfort to discover a person that genuinely
    understands what they are discussing on the net.

You certainly know how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    A lot more people have to look at this and understand this side
    of the story. I was surprised you aren’t more popular because you certainly possess the gift.

27. Kareem
    May 16, 2013 at 9:10 pm #

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto
    a coworker who has been doing a little research on this.
    And he actually bought me dinner simply because I discovered it for him.
    .. lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!
    ! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this issue here on your internet site.