RSS news display is a simple plugin to show the RSS title with cycle jQuery script. This plug-in retrieve the title and corresponding links from the given RSS feed and setup the news display in the website. Its display one title at a time and cycle all the remaining title in the mentioned location. and we have option to set four different cycle left to right, right to left, down to up, up to down. using this plugin we can easily setup the news display under top menu or footer. the plug-in have separate CSS file to configure the style.
- Simple installation and customization.
- Option to add any rss feed.
- Four different cycle option.
Live Demo 1
Live Demo 2
- 1. Download the plugin rss-news-display.zip from download location.
- 2. Unpack the rss-news-display.zip file and extract the /rss-news-display/ folder.
- 3. Drop the rss-news-display folder into your wp-content/plugins folder.
- 4. In word press administration panels, click Plugins from the menu.
- 5. You should see your new Rss news display plug-in listed.
- 6. To turn the word presses plug-in on, click activate. After activated the plug-in follow the configuration steps to setup the plug-in.
- 1. Go to Add New menu under Plugins tab in your word-press admin.
- 2. Search Rss news display plug-in using search option.
- 3. Find the plug-in and click Install Now link button.
- 4. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in.
- 1. Download the plug-in rss-news-display.zip from download location.
- 2. Go to Add New menu under Plugins tab in your word-press admin.
- 3. Select upload link (top link menu).
- 4. Upload the available rss-news-display.zip file and click install now.
- 5. Finally click activate plug-in link to activate the plug-in. After activated the plug-in follow the configuration steps to setup the plug-in.
In your WordPress administrator section go to Settings menu and select Rss news display menu to configure this plugin.
Drag and drop the widget: Go to widget page under Appearance menu, Drag and drop Rss news display widget into your side bar.
Add directly in the theme: Use this code <?php RssNewsDisplay(1); ?> to add this plugin in to your theme files.
Short code for posts and pages: Copy and paste the given short code into pages or posts.
Short code :
Frequently Asked Questions
Q) How can I add this plugin under my top-menu/header?
1. To add this plugin on the website header, open your header.php file from the theme folder.
2. <?php RssNewsDisplay(1); ?> Copy and paste this PHP code at the end of the file.
Q) How can I add this plugin on my website footer?
1. To add this plugin on the website header, open your footer.php file from the theme folder.
2. <?php RssNewsDisplay(1); ?> Copy and paste this PHP code at the beginning of the file.
Q) How can I add this plugin on my sidebar?
For this we can use the widget option, or we can add the PHP code in the sidebar.php file.
Q) How can I change the display style?
The plug-in have separate CSS file and the file contain 5 set of class, each set for one admin setting. that is, in the admin we have option to add 5 RSS feed and each RSS feed have individual CSS class which is defined in the style sheet. follow the below link to style it the way you like.
Dashboard → Plugins → Editor → Select “Rss news display” on the top right drop-down box → Edit the CSS file “rss-news-display.css” the way you like.