Popunder popup is a Joomla plugin to load a window behind the browser window of your website. or a second smaller browser window upon clicking your website. This is the best plugin to show ads that are automatically displayed in a second smaller browser window upon clicking your website. This window will open if users click somewhere on your website.
- Easy to configure
- Lightweight jQuery
- Unblockable popup
- Once per browser session
- Option to display random URL
- Supports localization
Plugin Live Demo: Click somewhere on this web page to view live demo, Only for the first click it will open pop-under window. To view the demo again, please refresh the page and click somewhere.
1. Download Popunder popup Joomla plugin from the download location. Select the correct ZIP file depends on your Joomla version.
2. Login into the administrator section of your Joomla site.
3. In the menu, Go to System, Install and then click the Extensions menu.
4. Click Browse and select the module you downloaded, then click Upload & Install button.
5. When your Joomla module has been uploaded and installed successfully, you will see a confirmation message.
Admin screen for Joomla 3.7
Admin screen for Joomla 4.0
1. Go to System, Manage and click the Site Modules menu.
2. Select System – Popunder Popup from the plugin list. Now you will get the options to configure the plugin.
Popunder popup admin screen
Popunder URL : Enter popunder popup url. URL must start with either HTTP or HTTPS.
Width: Select window width percentage for the popup window.
Height: Select window height percentage for the popup window.
Load popup on: Select the page where the popup will load.
Session option: Select YES to show popunder once per session, Meaning, popup never appears again if the user navigates to another page.
Frequently asked questions
Q1. How to add a popunder popup on the entire website?
On the plugin configuration page, you have a Load popup on option to select the page where the popup will load. In that drop-down select All Pages to display popup on the entire website.
Q2. How to add a popunder popup only on the home page?
On the plugin configuration page, you havea Load popup on option to select the page where the popup will load. In that drop-down select Only Homepage to display popup only on the home page.
Q3. How to set up popunder once per session?
On the plugin configuration page, you have the Session option. Select YES to show popunder once per session, Meaning, popup never appears again if the user navigates to another page.
Q4. How to display random URLs in the popup?
On the configuration page, you have 3 separate text boxes to enter URL, In the front page, it will display any random URL in the popup.