Vertical scroll recent article

Vertical scroll recent article module scroll the article title in the website, the article title will scroll from bottom to top vertically. This is the best and fashionable way to show all the latest article to user. No coding language required to setup this module. in the admin we have option to select article category.

Live Working demo available on the sidebar. Do you want the same scroll for the RSS feed? use continuous rss scrolling joomla module.

Feature of this module

• Easy installation.
  • Simple and portable.
  • Easy scroller setting.
  • User can set the newest post at sidebar.
  • It’s scrolling so it occupies less space in sidebar.
  • Option to select the category.
  • Option to choose order.
  • Option to select random order.

Installation and configuration

• Download the Vertical scroll recent article module from the download location.
  • Log into the Administrator section of your site.
  • Go to Extensions ==> Extension Manager.
  • Browse and upload the available ZIP file.
  • Install module by pressing Upload File & Install button.

Creating a new module instance

In your Joomla admin go to the module manager (Extensions ==> Module Manager in your admin menu). You should see the module vertical scroll recent article listed among the others. Simply click on the module name to open the module editor.

If you cannot find an instance of your new module, click the new button. The new vertical scroll recent article module should be listed among the types available, select vertical scroll recent article which will create a new instance.

Module parameters

Scroll Settings

Scroll Height: Each article title height in the scroller. (e.g. 40)
Display Count: Display number of articles at the same time in the scroller. (e.g. 3)
Number of Chars: Number of characters to display in the article title scroller.

Article Setting

Count: The number of items to display (default 5).
Ordering: Article scroll ordering options.
Authors: A filter for the authors.
Front page Items: Front page items article.
Only From Last X Days: Show articles only from the last X days (Leave blank to include all).
Only On Article View?: Filter only on article view.
Child Category Articles: Include or exclude articles from child categories.
Category Depth: The number of child category levels to return.
Exclude Categories: Select one or more categories to exclude.

Joomla parameters

Title : It is essential to set a title for the module.
Position : The position on the page where the module will be displayed.
Status : The module needs to be published in order for it to display.
Module Assignment : Assign the module to all pages.

Module admin screen

Go to Module manager ==> Vertical scroll recent article ==> Options menu (See screen) to update module parameters.

Vertical scroll recent article joomla module

Q1) How many numbers of recent posts title will scroll?

We have option to enter number of post we want to select from the database.

Q2) How many numbers of recent posts title will display at same time?

Go to Module manager ==> Vertical scroll recent article ==> Module parameters (See above screen), in this section you can find the option to update the setting.

Q3) How to arrange the scroll setting?

Go to Module manager ==> Vertical scroll recent article ==> Module parameters (See above screen), in this section you can find the option to update setting.

57 Responses to“Vertical scroll recent article”

1. Jack
    July 3, 2011 at 8:23 am #

Nice plugin. its working nice for me..

• babak
      September 29, 2012 at 7:05 am #

hi to all.
      great.
      I have the same problem with Joomla 2.5. No articles are
      shown.
      “”
      and i fixed the problem with the ‘…’ and no content/articles
      In tmpl/default.php: replace function mysql_real_escape_string with mysql_escape_string (line25)
      “”
      this solution by “rn43X” that had written for module “Scroll article excerpt” is presented in:
      best wishes for all.

• Jithesh KT
        October 31, 2012 at 4:53 am #

Thanks mate. Your fix worked. Cheers :)

2. Ting
    August 14, 2011 at 5:52 am #

How to choose to let it show the recent post? My scroll shows all the article and i could not choose categories or section.

3. shina
    September 4, 2011 at 1:40 pm #

I am trying to use your vertical scroll component. but i am getting this error.
    Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/eventdia/public_html/demo/modules/mod_vertical_scroll_recent_article/tmpl/default.php on line 154.
    Tried on several other website. Please any idea what could be the cause

September 15, 2011 at 2:39 pm #

download the latest version.. and this will support joomla 1.5+

September 21, 2013 at 11:10 am #

Please remove this method (mysql_real_escape_string) from the default.php file, so that it will work.

4. Peter Silverhjarta
    September 30, 2011 at 1:00 pm #

Hi, I would love to see the possibility to add module crome (Module Class Suffix) to this module. It works as a charm this one. Highly recomended!
    //Peter

5. NeoGep
    October 2, 2011 at 7:49 am #

How stop scroll on mouse over link ?
    How change scroll speed ?

September 21, 2013 at 11:11 am #

Stop option not available for this plugin. To change the speed you can update setTimeout in the file mod_vertical_scroll_recent_article.js

6. Bjarke
    October 8, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

By me, only the title of the module shows up. None articles is being listed at all. Tried to pick some other category ID’s but nothing happens.

7. Damien
    November 1, 2011 at 3:57 am #

Great module, works as stated. Is it possible to clone it and change it to soon to end articles?

8. Manolo
    November 4, 2011 at 9:46 am #

Very Great module, i have a question
    It’s possible set the format date.
    dd/mm/yy HH:SS

@$vspost_created = mysql_real_escape_string($item->created);

9. Carlos
    November 15, 2011 at 1:04 am #

I install your module and got mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]
    its the lastest version 1.5.
    tkx

10. yasin
    November 16, 2011 at 6:10 pm #

Could not list any article for Joomla 1.7, with module 1.7… Please help.

11. Karen B
    November 17, 2011 at 6:42 pm #

It works like a charm, very easy to configure…and fast to get it working, which is perfect.

I’d just suggest that it could allow Module Class Suffixes in next versions. But anyway, I’m very grateful for your hard work. Thank you so much :)

12. James
    November 19, 2011 at 9:40 am #

It doesn’t show up any contents in Joomla 1.7

13. Kavitha
    November 23, 2011 at 10:37 am #

Yes, Its not working with joomla 1.7…

Can anyOne help me pls……..

14. Ink Cartridges
    December 3, 2011 at 4:24 am #

Wow ! nice website for the great data you may have right here, I have added your site to my web favor. and I will keep an eye on it, Thanks for sharing.

15. yayo
    December 5, 2011 at 3:13 pm #

the module works on joomla 1.5 site but it don’t works on joomla 1.7 site, how I can to solve the problem?
    Yayo

16. krishna
    December 11, 2011 at 6:03 am #

is it possible that it can take SEF URL.. ? now it is taking as index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=894

please help

17. Don Tait
    December 11, 2011 at 5:54 pm #

WILL IT SCROLL THE CONTENT OF A ARTICLE??

September 21, 2013 at 11:12 am #

Please try Scroll article excerpt module.

18. Kurt Metz
    January 6, 2012 at 8:33 pm #

the scroller is showing but the article titeles are not displayed. how can I solve this?

19. Windwachter
    February 23, 2012 at 11:30 am #

Concept is great and just what I need!
    Only thing is I can’t get it to work! The modules is showed on the website, but there are no article titles showed… How can I fix this?

• Adam
      February 24, 2012 at 3:29 am #

Me too. Any idea to fix this?

• Jim
        February 26, 2012 at 3:04 pm #

HAs anyone worked out why the articles won’t display?

• Benad
          March 25, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

I have the same problem with Joomla 2.5. No articles are
          shown.

• Mike
            May 8, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

Has anyone seen a fix for this in 2.5 ?

September 21, 2013 at 11:13 am #

Please try updated module version.

20. pablo
    March 21, 2012 at 12:02 pm #

I don’t see de parameters you said.

I have:

Each scroller height in scroll
    Display number of record at the same time in scroll
    Enter max character for each article
    Category ID
    Ordenar
    Sufijo de la clase del módulo

I want to set the number of article to show, but I can’t. I’m using J1.5

21. Tall Jeans Men
    April 9, 2012 at 2:02 am #

I’m glad you chose to share your difficult operate with people today like me. I?ˉve been seeking for this details and right up until now I only observed it confusing. Thank you.

22. jesus
    April 26, 2012 at 3:58 am #

Hi, is an excelent pluguin…how can i put more than one element en the same page, when i put 2 or more only the first one scroll…tanks

23. news & events
    May 8, 2012 at 9:12 am #

Hey there, I believe your internet site may be possessing browser compatibility problems.
    When I check out your blog website in Opera, it appears fine but when opening in World-wide-web Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wished to present you a fast heads up! Other then that, wonderful weblog!

24. Astrid
    May 9, 2012 at 10:55 am #

It’s not working in 2.5. Seems like it doesn’t get the article title.
    Part of source code:
    crs_array[0] = ‘‘;

• Mike
      May 9, 2012 at 5:35 pm #

Having the same issue in 2.5. The html is rendered, you can see it when you view page source however, no text, links, headlines are displayed.

25. Mike
    May 16, 2012 at 11:00 pm #

Has anyone worked out why the articles won’t display in Joomla 2.5?

• Astrid
      May 26, 2012 at 9:39 am #

No. Received an e-mail on May 5th that he would have a look (I did sent the code by e-mail because I couldn’t put in in this comment), but still no reaction.
      Should be an easy fix I suppose, but I’m not a PHP expert and can’t solve it myself.

26. Amit
    June 12, 2012 at 2:38 pm #

Login module specially registration, forget password is not working with this module etc. I am using Joomla 2.5.1. It is really really frustatio

• ricola
      June 12, 2013 at 12:37 pm #

yes, i have the same problem.
      login/registration page with this module not working (v 1.7.3).
      any suggestions?

• ricola
      June 12, 2013 at 2:35 pm #

resolved:
      add this line (ex. number 19) to this file:
      modules\mod_vertical_scroll_recent_article\tmpl\default.php

if(!class_exists(‘ContentHelperRoute’)) require_once (JPATH_SITE . ‘/components/com_content/helpers/route.php’);

27. iliana
    June 17, 2012 at 9:34 am #

Hi, it works fine locally, but does not show any article when uploaded. what happens?

28. K
    August 3, 2012 at 7:52 pm #

Hi! I also found error in displaying titles, but used the following modifications in the default.php of the module.

From here -> $vspost_display = $args['vspost_display']; /* line 17*/

$vspost_html .= “”;

$vspost_x .= “crs_array[$vspost_count] = ‘$vspost_title‘; “;
    $vspost_count++;

To here -> $vspost_height = $vspost_height + 4; /*line 46*/

• irms
      August 29, 2012 at 10:56 am #

(joomla 2.5) I solved my problem (no title after the article-links displayed) with >addslashesmysql_real_escape_string< . Being no php-expert I'll hope no further problems appears. Thanks K

• irms
        August 29, 2012 at 11:07 am #

sorry.
        line 25 default.php
        mysql_real_escape_string replacing with addslashes

• fabar
          September 7, 2012 at 8:23 am #

Me too: maybe that’s a bug in mysql_real_escape_string using MySQLi driver but changing it to addslahes it works.

29. Shane Nefdt
    August 4, 2012 at 4:37 am #

Is it possible to display blog entries in WordPress into the “Latest Post” in Joomla 2.5?

August 4, 2012 at 4:53 am #

Separate wordpress plugin available for you to display the recent post from wordpress.

September 21, 2013 at 11:14 am #

yes, you can use RSS title slider module. in that module use your wordpress RSS feed as a input.

30. Pete Bulldog
    August 6, 2012 at 4:19 am #

Is there a way to prevent the scroller from ‘halting’ on each item. I would like the module to continuously scroll. Is this governed in the js file? I am using Joomla 1.7

31. Milad
    August 21, 2012 at 1:00 pm #

hi
    im find a little problem
    when mouse on link scroll not stop

32. Edzo
    August 30, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

Hello, do you know what file I can find the scroll speed in? Client would like it to scroll slower, but I do not want another extension because yours works so perfectly.

33. Sakthidasan
    September 25, 2012 at 3:54 pm #

I’m using this plugin, but my articles are not scrolling. Could you please let me know what the mistake I’m doing?

Sakthidasan.S

September 21, 2013 at 11:20 am #

Hi Sakthidasan,

This may be issue on mysql_real_escape_string this PHP method, please use the updated version, i have already replaced this method from the module.

34. babak
    September 29, 2012 at 6:50 am #

hi to all.
    great.
    I have the same problem with Joomla 2.5. No articles are
    shown.
    “”
    and i fixed the problem with the ‘…’ and no content/articles
    “”

35. Joyce
    November 12, 2012 at 6:39 pm #

Vertical scroll recent article

On our frontpage I only can see the article titles scrolling and no contenttext. Am I doing something wrong?

36. mrhevor tHEVisitOR
    July 14, 2013 at 9:56 pm #

Modify tmpl/default.php to view the follow sintax: • –

//@$vspost_title = mysql_real_escape_string($item->title);
    $vspost_id = mysql_escape_string($item->id);
    $article =& JTable::getInstance(‘content’);
    $article->load($vspost_id);
    @$vspost_date = $article->get(‘modified’);
    @$vspost_title = mysql_escape_string($item->title);

@$vspost_link = JRoute::_(ContentHelperRoute::getArticleRoute($item->slug, $item->catslug, $item->sectionid));

$dis_height = @$vspost_height .”px”;
    @$vspost_html = @$vspost_html . “”;
    @$vspost_html = @$vspost_html . “$vspost_title“;
    @$vspost_html = @$vspost_html . “”;

@$vspost_x = @$vspost_x . “crs_array[$vspost_count] = ‘• $vspost_date – $vspost_title‘; “;
    @$vspost_count++;