Horizontal carousel image slideshow

Horizontal carousel image slideshow Joomla module is a good DHTML JavaScript plugin for the showcasing of images on your site. It display images in a 3D, carousel fashion. Slideshow can be set to either slide in from right to left, or the reverse.

Features of this module

• Slideshow can be set to either slide in from right to left, or the reverse.
  • Slideshow can be set to be 4-sided, 6, 8, or 12.
  • Example : 4-sided slideshow means, 2 images will be in view at all times (the other two behind the scene).
  • Each image can have an optional link associated with it.
  • Slideshow pauses on mouseover.
  • A DOM based script that works in modern DHTML browsers – Firefox, IE5+, NS6+, Opera 7+.

Live Demo available below. Do you want to use the same slideshow in your WordPress website? use my Horizontal carousel image slideshow WordPress plugin.

Live demo

Module installation instruction

• Download the Horizontal carousel image slideshow module from the download location.
  • Log into the Administrator section of your site.
  • Go to Extensions ==> Extension Manager.
  • Click Browse button and upload the available ZIP file.
  • Select it then click Upload and Install button.

Creating a new module instance

In your Joomla admin go to the module manager (Extensions ==> Module Manager in your admin menu). You should see the module Horizontal carousel image slideshow listed among the others. Simply click on the module name to open the module editor.

If you cannot find an instance of your new module, click the new button. The new module should be listed among the types available, select Horizontal carousel image slideshow which will create a new instance.

Set up the module parameters

Image type: Type of image PNG/GIF/JPG etc. (the default is JPG)
Image folder: Path to the image folder relative to the site URL.
Link: A URL to redirect to if the image is clicked upon. (e.g. http://www.gopiplus.com)
Width: Enter the width of the slideshow. (e.g. 200)
Height: Enter the height of the slideshow. (e.g. 150)
Slideshow speed : Enter the speed of the slideshow
Slideshow direction : Select your carousel direction
Slideshow side : Select number of slide you want to display.

Joomla parameters

Title: It is essential to set a title for the module.
Position: The position on the page where the module will be displayed.
Status: The module needs to be published in order for it to display.
Module Assignment: Assign the module to all pages.

Module admin screen (Joomla 1.6.x to Joomla 2.5.x)

The right hand column displays parameters that are specific to your module Horizontal carousel image slideshow. use below mentioned parameters to customize the module.

Horizontal carousel image slideshow

Module admin screen (Joomla 3.0.x)

Navigate to below link in your Joomla admin to set up Horizontal carousel image slideshow module.

Extensions ==> Module Manager ==> Select Horizontal carousel image (Type) ==> Options tab (See below screen)

Horizontal carousel image slideshow

Download link

13 Responses to“Horizontal carousel image slideshow”

1. Fred
    October 25, 2011 at 7:35 pm #

I like all your extensions in my case the Joomla extensions. They are to the piont and easy to use.

2. Sami
    November 2, 2011 at 4:24 am #

I have folder in my picture system, how I get them to the my site to be able uploading with your module.

If I wont uploading picture only for one module, showcase let say and I wont the same running picture in other module, can I upload another assignment with “Left right image slideshow”?

3. Sami
    November 2, 2011 at 5:17 am #

In your module (left to right & so) you don’t have the Joomla file with uploading picture , as the other module Joomla option so how I can do it?

4. Rob
    November 3, 2011 at 9:00 am #

Hi, excellent module. Thanks!

Is it possible to leave a blanbk in the link field? i dont want to link.

regards

Rob

September 14, 2013 at 1:29 pm #

Hi, if you don’t have link, please use “#” in the box.

5. Naturalp
    December 31, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

Hi – I did like your module but having installed it with Joomla 1.7 have found that I can only put one instance of it in any article. only one instance displays…usually the second one – in the place where the first should be! Is there a workaround?

• Margaret
      December 31, 2012 at 11:17 am #

hi Shaun,i was hi Shaun,i was using the _frame feature it works great but how do I set a miiumnm height to the page. I don’t like it resizing on every page. In a previous tutorial you explained the min-height but it didn’t work when I edited the CSS.Thank youi enjoy your tutorials, keep up the good work. +3Was this answer helpful?

September 14, 2013 at 1:30 pm #

Hi, We can add only one instance for this module.

6. dewita
    June 7, 2012 at 8:40 am #

great… nice slideshow… thanks ur sharing

7. Peter
    December 22, 2012 at 8:11 am #

Please,tell me how to center the Slideshow content inside the Module.
    Currently the alignment ist allways left.

Thx
    Peter

September 14, 2013 at 1:32 pm #

Hi Peter, We don’t have separate CSS file for this module, all the styles are depends on theme CSS.

8. alex
    June 13, 2013 at 9:35 am #

At first congratulations for your module.

I have installed it on my side. It works ok, but I have one question:The width of the modules is defined in the field where you choose 2,4,6,8,12, but, there is any easy way to establish a exact width? Example, if I want the module has a width of 980 px, I have to choose size 12 and adjust the width of the photos to an exact size, but this size of photo is too big for me. There is any place in the code where I can change and fix that 12 means 980 px.?

September 14, 2013 at 1:35 pm #

Hi Alex, At present we have no default option for this feature. Module automatically find the width using this php file mod_horizontal_carousel_image_slideshow\tmpl\default.php