Continuous rss scrolling drupal module will create the vertical scrolling reel text show in the drupal website using the given rss feed. This will scroll the rss feed title like reel. The title will scroll one by one in the selected position. Using this module we can show any rss feed in our website. No coding knowledge required to configure this module.
There is text box option available to enter the RSS feed into the module. Please follow the module installation steps for further instruction or visit the module installation video using below available link.
- Easy installation and customization
- Have option to add any rss feed.
- Easy scroller setting for smooth scroller
Step 1 Download the module: Download the module(continuous_rss_scrolling.tar.gz or continuous_rss_scrolling.zip) from the below mentioned download link and check the module version, it must compatible to your drupal.
Step 2 Extract the files: Extract the available compressed file into your local drive and find the folder continuous_rss_scrolling
Step 3 Upload the folder: Using FTP, Upload the folder (continuous_rss_scrolling) into your droupal website. You should upload the file into sites/all/modules this directory.
If you don’t know how to upload the file using FTP, follow the below 2nd option to install your continuous rss scrolling module.
Step 1: Go to your drupal administration page and open module page.
Step 2: In the module page click Install new module link. if you can’t find the link enable the Update manager module from your module list. now you can see the Install new module link in the page.
Step 3: Copy the below link and paste Install from a URL text box and click install button.
1. Go to Administer >> Modules page and check the Enabled box near to the module Continuous rss scrolling and then click the Save Configuration button at the bottom.
2. Go to Administer >> Structure >> Continuous rss scrolling page and enter the number 1 in the Number of blocks text box and click the Save Configuration button at the bottom. it means we are going to create one scrolling block into the website.
3. Go to Administer >> Structure >> Blocks page and find the Continuous rss scrolling blocks. Set the corresponding drop down box to the desired location(i.e. Sidebar Left, Sidebar Right, Footer First) click the Save blocks button at the bottom.
4. Now open your website front end and see the Continuous RSS scrolling module in the selected location. At first it use the default RSS link, go to configuration link of the module and update the default module setting. see the below screen.
Block basic setting
Frequently asked questions
Q1. Can I add more than one RSS feed at same time?
No, you can add only one RSS url at a time.
Q2. Why my news content out of range?
This is the continuous scroll, so we need to maintain the same height for the content, for that you need to update the admin property “Each scroller height in scroll”.
Q3. Can I change the scroll manner from vertical to horizontal?
No, at present option not available.
Q4. What is “Select number of record at the same time in scroll”?
This text-box is to set the no of record to display (in front end) at the same time.
Q5. What is “Scroller text length”?
This is to fix the number of character for each title to show in the scroller.
Q6. Why my news content overlap each other?
This is the continuous scroll, so we need to maintain the same height for the content, for that you need to update the admin property “Each scroller height in scrolll”.