Continuous rss scrolling drupal module will create the vertical scrolling reel text show in the drupal website using the given rss feed. This will scroll the rss feed title like reel. The title will scroll one by one in the selected block position. Using this module we can show any rss feed in our website. No coding knowledge required to configure this module.
There is text box option available to enter the RSS feed into the module. Please follow the module installation steps for further instruction or visit the module installation video using below available link.
- Easy installation and customization
- Have option to add any rss feed.
- Easy scroller setting for smooth scroller
Step 1 Download the module: Download the module (continuous_rss_scrolling.zip) from the below mentioned download link and check the module version, it must compatible to your drupal.
Step 2 Extract the files: Extract the available compressed file into your local drive and find the folder continuous_rss_scrolling
Step 3 Upload the folder: Using FTP, Upload the folder (continuous_rss_scrolling) into your droupal website. You should upload the file into modules/ directory.
If you don’t know how to upload the file using FTP, follow the below 2nd option to install your continuous rss scrolling module.
Step 1: Go to your drupal administration page and open Extend page.
Step 2: In the Extend page click Install new module button. if you can’t find the link, enable the Update manager module from your module list. now you can see the Install new module link in the page.
Step 3: Use browse button and upload the downloaded ZIP file to install the module.
1. Go to Admin >> Extend page and check the Enabled check box near to the module Continuous rss scrolling and then click the Install button at the bottom.
2. Go to Admin >> Structure >> Block layout page, there you can see button called Place Block near each available blocks.
3. Go to Admin >> Structure >> Blocks layout page and click Place Block button to add Block. If you want to add Block in your first sidebar, click Place Block button near your Sidebar first title. It will open Place block window. In that window again click Place Block button near continuous rss scrolling.
4. Now open your website front end and see the Continuous RSS scrolling module in the selected location. At first it use the default RSS link, go to configuration link of the module and update the default module setting. see the below screen.
Block basic configuration
Frequently asked questions
Q1. Can i add more than one rss feed at same time?
No, you can add only one RSS url at a time.
Q2. Why my rss scroll is out of range?
This is the continuous scroll, so we need to maintain the same height for the each content, for that you need to update the configure “Scroll height”.
Q3. Can i change the scroll manner from vertical to horizontal?
No, at present option is not available.
Q4. What is “Display count” in configuration page?
This textbox is to set the no of record to display (in front end) at the same time in the scroll area.
Q5. What is “Display length”?
This is to fix the number of character for each title to show in the scroll area.
Q6. Why my news content overlap each other?
This is the continuous scroll, so we need to maintain the same height for the each rss content, for that you need to update (increase) the configure “Scroll height”.