Scroll article excerpt

Scroll article excerpt Joomla module create the information reel in the website, this scroller contain the article title and article excerpt. It is scrolling like reel. This plugin is very useful to show your promotion, important article to the user.

Live Demo available on sidebar. if you want to use your own content on the scroll use Information Reel Joomla module.

Feature of this plugin

• Easy installation.
  • Option to set number of article to scroll.
  • Scrolling so it occupies less space.
  • Option to choose category.
  • Option to select order.

Installation and configuration

• Download the Scroll article excerpt module from the download location.
  • Log into the Administrator section of your site.
  • Go to Extensions ==> Extension Manager.
  • Browse and upload the available ZIP file.
  • Install module by pressing Upload File & Install button.

Creating a new module instance

In your Joomla admin go to the module manager (Extensions ==> Module Manager in your admin menu). You should see the module Scroll article excerpt listed among the others. Simply click on the module name to open the module editor.

If you cannot find an instance of your new module, click the new button. The new Scroll article excerpt module should be listed among the types available, select Scroll article excerpt which will create a new instance.

Module style

If you want to do any css changes for this module, you can use this style class.

.sae_link {
padding-left:5px;
padding-right:5px;
font-size:14px;
font-weight:bold;
.sae_excerpt {
padding-left:5px;
padding-right:5px;

Scroll Settings (Module parameters)

Height: Height of the single article title in the scroll.
Display Count: No of article you want to display in the scroll at the same time.
Excerpt length: Enter the excerpt length.

Article Setting (Module parameters)

Count: The number of items to display (default 5).
Ordering: Article scroll ordering options.
Authors: A filter for the authors.
Front page Items: Front page items article.
Only From Last X Days: Show articles only from the last X days (Leave blank to include all).
Only On Article View?: Filter only on article view.
Child Category Articles: Include or exclude articles from child categories.
Category Depth: The number of child category levels to return.
Exclude Categories: Select one or more categories to exclude.

Joomla parameters (Module parameters)

Title : It is essential to set a title for the module.
Position : The position on the page where the module will be displayed.
Status : The module needs to be published in order for it to display.
Module Assignment : Assign the module to all pages.

Module admin screen (Joomla 3.1.x)

Navigate to below link in your Joomla admin to set up the module parameters.

Extensions ==> Module Manager ==> Scroll article excerpt (Type) ==> Options tab (See below screen)

Scroll article excerpt

Q1. How to update number of article to scroll?

In the module parameters page we have option to update this number.

Q2. How many number of recent article title will display at same time?

In default it will show 5. In the module parameters page we have option to update this number.

Q3. Why only few characters display in scroll excerpt?

In default it will show only 150 characters. In the parameters page we have option to update this number.

28 Responses to“Scroll article excerpt”

1. Gerardo Sanacore
    November 3, 2011 at 4:27 am #

what is the procedure to copyright a blog content (text and images)?

2. alvas
    November 5, 2011 at 10:12 pm #

I installed your extensions (vertical scroll, excerpt scroll, etc.) but do not work! Yes, they scrolling, but only “…” !
    I’ve assigned many articles categories, but in vain.

• Gianp
      December 16, 2011 at 6:42 pm #

The same to me… only “…” !!!!!

3. NexGen Music
    November 15, 2011 at 10:46 pm #

As per the above user.. Installed excerpt scroll which seemed perfect for what I need, but doesn’t work, or pull in any article/category information whatsoever.

Pity, because this is a commercial project and we always donate to the extension developers.

4. xad
    November 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm #

I installed your extensions and it’s very nice, but the page of login in the front-end is not available. I haven’t a ideas for resolve this problem. I hope what you have an suggestion.
    Sorry for my english :)

5. Phil
    November 22, 2011 at 3:49 pm #

Your plugins are exactly what I needed but I can make the vertical scroll recent article work.
    I got articles and their categories published, but when I select a category ID in the option of the module, it scrolls only dots (like if there was nothing to display).
    Working with joomla 1.7.3 and I have downloaded the last version of your module.

6. Jerónimo
    December 7, 2011 at 10:14 pm #

Hi I like your extensions a lot and have downloaded some, as this one but after configuring it y see only “…” in the recent articles, I’ve seen some people in the comments with same problem, but can’t find a way to solve this.
    Thanks for your help.

7. Edoardo
    January 24, 2012 at 11:07 am #

Hi, te extension is very good but i have the same problem, it show only “…” How can i solve this?
    Thanks a lot

8. Sabrina Sabino
    March 6, 2012 at 10:48 am #

I’ve been looking for something like this. I’ll try it. I hope it works for mine, fingers crossed!

9. Silke
    March 11, 2012 at 11:54 pm #

I love your small tool but it’s impossible to edit or delete messages that are uploaded once.
    I combined sce with my news-category and had to do a change due to the layout. So I shortened the article but the changes were not realized.. Even deleting the article didn’t stop sce to show it.
    Empty cache neither did.
    What can I do?

10. Mike
    May 9, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

Installed this mod, which looks great in demo. However, it is not displaying the header/link, or excerpt test. The only thing it displays is the “…” and they are scrolling.

Is there a fix available for this yet?

thank you in advance.

• Nitin
      May 24, 2012 at 6:44 pm #

I have the same problem …it only showing “…” and it scrolling up ….

11. rn43X
    June 6, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

I fixed the problem with the ‘…’ and no content/articles.
    In tmpl/default.php: replace function mysql_real_escape_string with mysql_escape_string (lines 30, 32)

• Sanjeev
      June 30, 2012 at 11:15 am #

When I have done according rn43x working fine but it is not working with multiple ID

• babak
      September 29, 2012 at 7:09 am #

peace be with you .
      thats work and i shared it for “Vertical scroll recent article”
      that have a same problem.

• rvilches
      May 7, 2013 at 6:43 pm #

thank you!!! :)

• Rafael
      June 27, 2013 at 1:28 am #

Thanks rn43x

Thats works for me

12. Mario
    August 29, 2012 at 7:41 pm #

I only get “…”,
    Please help me.

13. Mario
    August 30, 2012 at 6:57 pm #

I am testing the “Scroll article excerpt” in my localhost and I only get “…”, I am using a joomla 1.7 with a Beez5 template.
    Any suggestions on how I can succeed?

Regards
    Mario

September 22, 2013 at 5:14 am #

Hi Mario, This may be issue on mysql_real_escape_string this PHP method, please use the updated version, i have already replaced this method from the module please use the latest module. or alternatively you can easily replace the method from mysql_real_escape_string to addslashes in tmpl/default.php file.

14. antonis
    October 1, 2012 at 9:38 am #

Hi excellent module,
    is there any way to adjust the time for scrolling?
    I need to be slower..

15. antonis
    October 1, 2012 at 9:40 am #

I found the solution, it is simple!
    In modules / mod_scroll_article_excerpt / mod_scroll_article_excerpt.js
    change 10 and 2000 in any number you want in these:

in
    setTimeout(“saevsra_scroll();”, 10)

and in
    setTimeout(“saevsra_scroll();”, 3000);

16. aman
    November 7, 2012 at 5:09 am #

i have successfully installed they module and displayed well too but clicking the link doesn’t go to the article. looking to solve the problem

17. aman
    November 7, 2012 at 5:30 am #

hello frens i have solved mhy problem. thanx for the great module dude!

18. Surf shop
    January 25, 2013 at 8:35 am #

Nice joomla ext., I,ll instal soon. Thank you.

19. Hanan
    February 16, 2013 at 11:16 am #

i have installed this module , when the website was offline the module was working fine , when i published the website , the data in the module didnt appear only 3 dots [...] instead of the data

check the website
    mod_scroll_article_excerpt
    the module is in the bottom right corner

can you please help and tell me what’s going on

20. Essam Nasser
    July 21, 2013 at 11:22 am #

It is very beautiful Thank u .
    But it is not working with google chrome
    should I have to make some config. ??

21. hSolis
    July 24, 2013 at 2:05 pm #

excelent!!!!…. thank you!…. great work…