Information reel

Information Reel Joomla Module create the reel type scroll in the website. The scroll contain the entered title and description. This is best way to announce your message to user.

• Easy installation.
  • Easy Customization.
  • Easy scroller setting.

Live demo available on the sidebar. if you want to scroll your article title instead of your own content; use my scroll article excerpt joomla module.

Installation and configuration

• Download the Information reel from the download location.
  • Log into the Administrator section of your site.
  • Go to Extensions ==> Extension Manager.
  • Click Browse button and select the available ZIP file.
  • Finally click Upload and Install button to complete the installation.

Creating a new module instance

In your Joomla admin go to the module manager (Extensions ==> Module Manager in your admin menu). You should see the module Information reel listed among the others. Simply click on the module name to open the module editor.

If you cannot find an instance of your new module, click the new button. The new Information reel module should be listed among the types available, select Scroll article excerpt which will create a new instance.

Module style

If you want to do any CSS changes for this module, you can use this class in your theme CSS file.

.inforeel_link
{
padding-left:5px;
padding-right:5px;
font-size:14px;
font-weight:bold;
.inforeel_desc
{
padding-left:5px;
padding-right:5px;

Joomla parameters

Title : It is essential to set a title for the module.
Position : The position on the page where the module will be displayed.
Status : The module needs to be published in order for it to display.
Module Assignment : Assign the module to all pages.

Module parameters (Joomla 1.6.x to Joomla 2.5.x)

The right hand column displays parameters that are specific to your module Information reel.

Height : Each reel height in the scroll. (e.g. 40)
Display Count : Display no of reel at the same time in the scroll. (e.g. 3)

Module admin screen (Joomla 1.6.x to Joomla 2.5.x)

Information reel

Module parameters (Joomla 3.1.x)

Navigate to below link in your Joomla admin to set up the module parameters.

Extensions ==> Module Manager ==> Information reel (Type) ==> Options tab (See below screen)

Reel Settings: We can update the existing scroll setting in this tab.
Information Reel Content: This tab is to add, edit, delete scroll content.

Module admin screen (Joomla 3.1.x)

Information reel

8 Responses to“Information reel”

1. tal
    October 22, 2011 at 11:12 pm #

Thank you guys!
    this is simple and great!!!!
    keep up the good work!

2. cat
    March 19, 2012 at 6:23 am #

Hurrah, that抯 what I was looking for, what a stuff! present here at this weblog, thanks admin of this website.

3. Kris
    May 18, 2012 at 11:08 am #

Hi there,

My information isn’t scrolling! Any suggestions?

4. Nitin
    May 24, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

Awesome plug in brother …..thank you so much …

5. netlord
    December 22, 2012 at 5:18 pm #

I am thankful for modules you have designed and best of all there free! I do have an issue with the Information Reel module. Whenever I click on my own internal joomla article link, it puts the word “Article” on top of the article. I haven’t figured out why. If I create a menu and put the article there the word “Article” does not appear when I click on the same link. Does anybody else have the same problem.

I am using Joomla 2.5.7, Apache 2.4.3 (Windows), PHP 5.4.7

6. KevMystro
    January 10, 2013 at 6:32 pm #

It has been long I had a freebie from anyone. Not even from my wife.

7. Kevin
    January 31, 2013 at 12:59 am #

Well it is not bad but I don’t need a link and to put a link to your own site in place of blank is not cool! Plus the fact that you have to be some kind of a speed reader because it moves so friggen fast. How about a parameter to control the speed and also the ability to not have a link other than putting a # in there? Not to mention, have you tried to click the link of such a fast moving target? How much thought did you really put into this anyway?

Sorry, free is free but if it does not work then it does not matter what it costs if nothing at all!

8. Kevin
    January 31, 2013 at 1:03 am #

Why dont you monitor these comments and remove these trash spammers that are not doing anything to help you and are only serving themselves? Like this prick that is not even using a Joomla website!