Information reel is the simple Joomla module to show the messages to users in the reel. This module shows the messages like a roller. Inside this roller, we can add our Title, Link, Image, and Description. This is the best way to show our information to users.
- Easy installation.
- Easy Customization.
- Easy scroller setting.
Module live demo available below. You may also be interested in Joomla cycle news Joomla module.
Module installation instruction
1. Download the Information reel module from the download location. Select the correct ZIP file depends on your Joomla version.
2. Login into the administrator section of your Joomla site.
3. In the menu, Go to System, Install and then click the Extensions menu.
4. Click Browse and select the module you downloaded, then click Upload & Install button.
5. When your Joomla module has been uploaded and installed successfully, you will see a confirmation message.
Admin screen for Joomla 3.7
Admin screen for Joomla 4.0
Creating a new instance for module
In your Joomla admin go to the Site Modules (System, Manage in your admin menu). You should see the module Information reel listed among the others. Simply click on the module name Information reel to open the module editor.
If you cannot find an instance of your new module, click the new button. The new Information reel module should be listed among the types available, select Scroll article excerpt which will create a new instance.
If you want to do any CSS changes for this module, you can use this class in your theme CSS file.
In your Joomla administrator section go to Manage, Site Modules, and select the Information reel module from the list then click the Module tab to add/update information content.
Height: Each reel height in the scroll. (e.g. 40)
Display Count: Display no of the reel at the same time in the scroll. (e.g. 3)
Reel Content: Enter your Title, Link, Image, and Description of the reel content.
Title: It is essential to set a title for the module.
Position: The position on the page where the module will be displayed.
Status: The module needs to be published in order for it to display.
Module Assignment: Assign the module to all pages.