The Random image with prettyPhoto zoom Joomla module allows you to simply and easily show random images anywhere in your website with an on-click pretty photo zoom effect. It retrieves images from one specific folder, we can change this folder location in the administrator section. It will automatically generate the perfect thumbnail image based on the width you mentioned in the admin. This module is very useful to show images randomly to users.
prettyPhoto is a jQuery lightbox clone. this module is using a prettyPhoto jQuery script to show the prettyPhoto effect.
Features of this module
- Simple and easy installation.
- This will create thumbnail image.
- Display one image on random order.
- prettyPhoto zoom on mouse click.
Module Live Demo available below (below image). click on the image and see the prettyPhoto zoom effect. Refresh this page to load another image for demo. You may also be interested in Random image with fancy zoom Joomla module.
Module installation instruction
1. Download Random image with prettyPhoto zoom module from the download location. Select the correct ZIP file depends on your Joomla version.
2. Login into the administrator section of your Joomla site.
3. In the menu, Go to System, Install and then click the Extensions menu.
4. Click Browse and select the module you downloaded, then click Upload & Install button.
5. When your Joomla module has been uploaded and installed successfully, you will see a confirmation message.
Admin screen for Joomla 3.7
Admin screen for Joomla 4.0
Creating a new module instance
In your Joomla admin go to the Site Modules (System, Manage in your admin menu). You should see the module Random image with prettyPhoto zoom listed among the others. Simply click on the module name to open the module editor.
If you cannot find an instance of your new module, click the new button. The new module should be listed among the types available, select Random image with prettyPhoto zoom which will create a new instance.
In your Joomla administrator section go to Manage, Site Modules, and select the Random image with prettyPhoto zoom module from the list then click Module tab to add/update default configuration.
Random image with Pretty Photo zoom
Title: It is essential to set a title for the module.
Position: The position on the page where the module will be displayed.
Status: The module needs to be published for it to display.
Module Assignment: Assign the module to all pages.
Image Folder: Path to the image folder relative to the site URL (e.g. modules/mod_random_image_with_fancy_zoom/images). no trailing slash in the folder location.
Width: Width of the display thumbnail image in pixel (e.g. 300)
Theme: Select the available prettyPhoto zoom theme type.
Module official page