The Random image gallery with lightbox module allows you to simply and easily show random images anywhere on your website with an on-click lightbox effect. This module is very useful to display images randomly to users. What is a Lightbox script? Lightbox is a simple, modest script used to overlay images on the web page. It retrieves images from the specific folder, we can change this folder location in the administrator section.
Features of this module
- Simple and easy installation.
- This will create auto thumbnail image.
- Display one image in random order.
- Light box effect on mouse click.
Module Live Demo available (below image) in this page. click on the image to see the light box effect. Refresh this page to see the another random image. You may also be interested in Random image with pretty photo zoom Joomla module and Random image with fancy zoom Joomla module.
Module installation instruction
1. Download a Random image display with a lightbox module from the download location. Select the correct ZIP file depends on your Joomla version.
2. Login into the administrator section of your Joomla site.
3. In the menu, Go to System, Install and then click the Extensions menu.
4. Click Browse and select the module you downloaded, then click Upload & Install button.
5. When your Joomla module has been uploaded and installed successfully, you will see a confirmation message.
Admin screen for Joomla 3.7
Admin screen for Joomla 4.0
Creating a new module instance
In your Joomla administrator section go to the Site Modules (System, Manage in your admin menu). You should see the module Random image with lightbox listed among the others. Simply click on the module name to open the module editor.
If you cannot find an instance of your new module, click the new button. The new module should be listed among the types available, select a Random image with a lightbox that will create a new instance.
Title: It is essential to set a title for the module.
Position: The position on the page where the module will be displayed.
Status: The module needs to be published in order for it to display.
Module Assignment: Assign the module to all pages.
Image Folder: Path to the image folder relative to the site URL
Width : Width of the display thumbnail image in px (e.g. 300)
Module official page