Vertical scrolling images

Vertical scrolling images joomla module will create the vertical scroll slideshow on the website. This will create the slideshow like reel. The images will scroll like reel from bottom to top.

Features of this module

• Easy to customize.
  • Support all browser.
  • Vertical image scroll gallery.

Live demo available on the sidebar. If you want to use the same slideshow to your wordpress website use image vertical reel scroll slideshow wordpress plugin

Module installation

• Download the module mod_vertical_scrolling_images.zip from the download location.
  • Log into the administrator section of your site.
  • Go to Extensions → Extension Manager.
  • You will now be able to browse the file module mod_vertical_scrolling_images.zip.
  • Select it then click ‘upload file and install’.

Module configuration/Creating a new module instance

In your Joomla admin go to the module manager (Extensions → Module Manager in your admin menu). You should see the module “Vertical scrolling images” listed among the others. Simply click on the module name to open the module editor.

If you cannot find an instance of your new module, click the ‘new’ button. The new module should be listed among the types available, select “Vertical scrolling images” which will create a new instance.

Set up the module parameters

• Image type: Type of image PNG/GIF/JPG etc. (the default is JPG)
  • Image folder: Path to the image folder relative to the site URL.
    (e.g. modules/mod_vertical_scrolling_images/images)
  • Link: A URL to redirect to if the image is clicked upon. (e.g. http://www.gopiplus.com)
  • Display no of images: Display no of images at the same time in the scroller. (e.g. 3)
  • Height: Each image height in the scroller. (e.g. 80)
  • Module class suffix: Create unique suffix name for each module

Module admin screen

Joomla 1.6.x to Joomla 2.5.x : The right hand column displays parameters that are specific to your module continuous rss scrolling.

Continuous rss scrolling joomla module

Joomla 3.0.x : Go to Extensions → Module Manager and select the module from the list then click basic options tab to set up the module parameters. check below screen.

Continuous rss scrolling joomla module

Joomla parameters

• Title: It is essential to set a title for the module.
  • Position: The position on the page where the module will be displayed.
  • Status: The module needs to be published in order for it to display.

Video tutorial

30 Responses to“Vertical scrolling images”

1. Bob C.
    January 8, 2012 at 5:29 am #

Thanks for the great work with Joomla.

2. Bob C.
    January 8, 2012 at 5:33 am #

Love this module. Will incorporate it on my blogs.

3. Rusydi
    January 27, 2012 at 1:59 am #

Hello guys, this vertical scrolling image module is great, easy to setup and help us a lot in our website

BTW is it possible to order the image from the index such as index of the image name?
    ex:
    pic_1
    pic_2
    pic_3
    ?
    Thanks in advance for your help and assistance
    Regards,
    Rusydi

• Patrece
      March 6, 2012 at 4:23 pm #

Did you ever get your question answered? I have the same need. Thanks!

December 3, 2012 at 2:24 pm #

Hi all,

At present no random option for this module, it display the images based on the order it is uploaded in server.

• wolfskin
          March 27, 2013 at 11:05 am #

I’m doing everything I can to make the desired order but I can’t. I’m uploading images separately and still nothing (picture uploaded as the last is shown in the middle…). Can I do something or not?

Best Regards,

4. Writer
    January 30, 2012 at 9:43 pm #

Thanks for the great module! I am testing it out.

5. Bharath
    February 25, 2012 at 11:29 am #

Hello Gopi,
    I need vertical scrolling for joomla 1.5 . So is it works for joomla1.5.

Bharath

6. Patrece
    March 6, 2012 at 4:01 pm #

great module! does exactly what i need with one exception: is there any way to control the order in which the images are displayed? if not, how does the module determine the default order?

7. jio
    March 26, 2012 at 6:35 am #

hey great module but i need to have each image click able to a different page rather than on one single link .
    please can you guide me.

• Aplion
      November 17, 2012 at 2:08 pm #

Great module indeed but still I need to have on each image click a different link page rather one for all … do you think that there is any option to fullfill that ?

8. Alistair
    May 31, 2012 at 5:45 pm #

Great simple to use module, but is there an option to randomise the order of images?

Really need this.

9. Sue
    June 4, 2012 at 2:19 am #

Can you tell me please if there is anyway I can make the slideshow appear in the centre of a module other than to the left? Is there any CSS I can add or alter or another way to configure this?

Many thanks

December 3, 2012 at 2:22 pm #

Please check default.php file from the module folder. no separate CSS file for this module.

10. bharath
    July 5, 2012 at 9:50 am #

Thanks for this great module. IU want to use 2 instances of this module in mltiple pages so when i use this module second time using “Duplicate” option in admin panel it is not working.

This module working in only one position(conflicting jquery).May i know the solutions for this.

December 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

Hi bharath,

If you want to use more then one instance, please use “Module class suffix” field. it is available in the admin screen, add unique vale in this filed for each instance.

11. Ian Shere
    December 24, 2012 at 7:40 pm #

This needs the ability to set alt tags on the images. As an essential part of SEO, the lack of alt tags makes this, otherwise, great module a little lacking. Thanks.

12. Louis
    January 13, 2013 at 5:23 pm #

I love this program. Does anyone know how to make images just a bit wider, and I noticed that when you click on an image it defaults to a website. Can I change that and control each image where it links too?

13. MIKE
    January 17, 2013 at 12:57 pm #

thank you very much for this module.
    have been searching for a long time to find a module like this so i can use it on my new
    joomla 3.0 template. At the moment i am just preparing everything, before i will switch to my new joomla version. (have a similar module runing on my old page – http://www.lodges-krpin.net)

Unfortunately i could install youre module and configure everything on a local windows installation with Bitnami … but i cant figure out how to set the path to the pictures
    i alway get the same result … just text like this

“module title”
    NO IMAGES
    modulesDSmod_vertical_scrolling_imagesDSimages

it doesn’t matter which path i set its always the same effect. – No pictures
    Thanks for your help.

• munkh
      March 1, 2013 at 6:19 am #

How did you fix this problem ?

14. duane
    February 2, 2013 at 2:31 am #

Hi great module but I do have one small problem. I don’t have the white space between my images. At the moment they look like one image. Can you help me fix it please. Thanks

15. Kai
    February 28, 2013 at 12:07 pm #

Hi, Could you let me know where I need to go to disable the links to the images. I.e when a user hovers over an image I don’t want anything to happen. I’ve had a look at the module code but can’t see what I need to change.

Many thanks

16. mike
    February 28, 2013 at 3:03 pm #

Hi folks,
    if someone has the same problem i had try this.
    Installation went thru with no problems, but for me it was no matter where the path to
    the pictures where set ….. no pictures at all … always the same problem
    (error message : modulesDSmod_vertical_scrolling_imagesDSimages,
    KEEP ATTENTION to the DS characters)

insert in the mod_vertical_scrolling_images.php file the following string under

file before
    // no direct access
    defined(‘_JEXEC’) or die;

file after
    // no direct access
    defined(‘_JEXEC’) or die;
    defined(‘DS’) ? null : define(‘DS’,DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR);

then it should work.

See ya fellows – mike
    and thanks to GB (nickname) for help on this.

17. posibabu
    March 15, 2013 at 9:29 am #

Vertical scrolling images not showing in Google chrome.
    what’s problem

18. Clemens
    March 29, 2013 at 1:33 pm #

Nice extension, but the speed of sliding images is a little fast for me and it’s not customizable :(

19. dergy
    April 30, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

it is possible to add different link for even image

20. Peter
    June 5, 2013 at 11:28 am #

is it possible to have different link for every image ?

21. v s punn
    June 10, 2013 at 8:22 am #

I want to have different links to different images. Is it possible with this module.

22. Jeremy
    June 25, 2013 at 7:38 am #

Hi, I have installed the Verticle Scroller, and all seemed to install fine. However where the slide show is I am getting an error message saying the program cannot find directory or images:
    “No directory \usr\www\users\adreneebvb\demo\images\scrollerLeft
    NO IMAGES images/scrollerLeft”

I have tried many different locations that I know are there with images in them, but no luck, still the same response.

Can you offer me any advice here?

Thanking you.

23. lutfun
    July 2, 2013 at 10:40 am #

hi to all, i already install this module on my site admin panel but problem is i cant viist any i,mage in my home page cause i dont undertsand how should i craete my folder in set of your instruction like-

in basic option
    image foolder: its is given for your webiste but for my webiste should i have to craete new image fodler in same directory or what i ahve to do cause the image is not visible in my site.
    answer me please