Horizontal scrolling slideshow

Image horizontal reel scroll slideshow plugin lets you showcase images in a horizontal scroll style. Scroll will start automatically. Slideshow will pause on mouse over. see the demo in this post, In admin we have option to customize the slideshow.

• Easy to customize.
  • Support all browser.
  • Automatically pauses on mouse over.
  • Hyperlink option to each images.
  • Option to set spacing between images.
  • Easy to change the background color of scroll.

Plugin demo

See the live demo above. if you want to scroll the images vertically use my vertical scrolling images joomla module.

Module installation instruction

• Download the module mod_horizontal_scrolling_slideshow.zip from the download location.
  • Log into the administrator section of your site.
  • Go to Extensions → Extension Manager.
  • Upload the available zip file mod_horizontal_scrolling_slideshow.zip.
  • Select it then click ‘upload file and install’.

Module configuration/Creating a new module instance

In your Joomla admin go to the module manager (Extensions → Module Manager in your admin menu). You should see the module Horizontal scrolling slideshow listed among the others. Simply click on the module name to open the module editor.

If you cannot find an instance of your new module, click the New button. The new module should be listed among the types available, select Horizontal scrolling slideshow which will create a new instance.

Set up the module parameters

• Image type: Type of image PNG/GIF/JPG etc. (the default is JPG)
  • Image folder: Path to the image folder relative to the site URL.
  • Link: A URL to redirect to if the image is clicked upon. (e.g. http://www.gopiplus.com)
  • Width: Enter the width of the slideshow. (e.g. 200)
  • Height: Enter the height of the slideshow. (e.g. 150)
  • Slideshow speed: Enter the slideshow speed. (larger is faster 1-10)
  • Slideshow BG color: Enter the BG color of your scroll. (e.g. #FFFFFF)
  • Slideshow gap: Enter pixels gap between each slideshow images. (e.g. 5)

Joomla parameters

• Title: It is essential to set a title for the module.
  • Position: The position on the page where the module will be displayed.
  • Status: The module needs to be published in order for it to display.
  • Module Assignment (Joomla 3.0.x) : Navigate to Menu Assignment menu and select On all Pages for Module Assignment box.

Module admin screen

Joomla 1.6.x to Joomla 2.5.x : The right hand column displays parameters that are specific to your module continuous rss scrolling.

Horizontal scrolling slideshow

JJoomla 3.0.x : Navigate to Extensions >> Module Manager and select the module from the list then click basic options tab to set up the module parameters. check below screen.

Horizontal scrolling slideshow

55 Responses to“Horizontal scrolling slideshow”

1. Yaani
    July 26, 2011 at 10:52 pm #

This is what I am looking for to display sponsor modules that scroll across the page that are linked to their websites. The only feature it is missing that I need is to load the images in Random order on page load/refresh. Any chance of adding that feature?

August 5, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

Yes, i ll do this in the next version

2. peter
    July 27, 2011 at 9:13 pm #

The zipfile of the ‘Horizontal scrolling slideshow’ can’t be installed, because of a error

August 5, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

New file updated.. pls check the download location now…

December 4, 2012 at 2:40 pm #

Hi Peter,

Please download the latest copy. if any issue let me know the download URL.

3. Darius Klain
    August 2, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

The file is corrupted. Please Reupload.

August 5, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

New file updated.. pls check the download location now…

4. Mazhar
    August 7, 2011 at 7:45 pm #

i tried to install it in joomla 1.5.2.3 but i am getting an error.

Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

5. MGB
    August 24, 2011 at 7:14 pm #

Great Module, Thanks – However, I do not seem to be able to get the “Image link” to work. I tried with a relative URL, then a full url with “http”. The URL is saved on the module page, but doesn’t seem to work on the frontend, it just give add a # to the url of the page I am on :(

• jenz
      November 3, 2011 at 4:03 am #

Hi MGB,
      it seems there’s a little bit code being left out.
      You could manually insert your URL in the default.php file located in
      include your link in line 44. By default the value is “#”.

I tried this and worked as temporary solution.

• jenz
      November 8, 2011 at 2:33 am #

a more accurate way is to find line 36, replace the line with this:

@$Ihrss_link = “$slideshow_link”;

6. Jose
    August 30, 2011 at 9:12 am #

Hi! Thanks for share the module! It´s perfect.

I tried in 1.6 and found one problem whit the gap.

The bug are that pixels gap between each slideshow images only appear one gap for all images.

7. Mike
    September 7, 2011 at 10:36 pm #

Any chance you’ll be releasing your Horizontal Scrolling Slideshow module for Joomla 1.5?

• billig e cigaret
      May 4, 2013 at 8:06 pm #

certainly like your website but you need to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to tell the reality on the other hand I will surely come back again.

8. Online Ad
    September 9, 2011 at 2:51 pm #

I tried to use this module with big images 960X400 but the scrolling is not smooth… Its flickering some how even in very slow (1) Slideshow speed on all browsers. Any suggestion?

9. Jeanette
    October 13, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

Do you have this module available for 1.5? I’m really hoping so….:).

10. Arna Frida
    October 22, 2011 at 9:32 pm #

Really nice module – THANK YOU SO MUCH – but the linking doesn’t seem to be working for me… Is that a known problem. Would be really nice to choose to open in blank page target=”_blank”

Thanks in advance,
    Arna :) :) :)

11. Conny Roukens
    October 23, 2011 at 9:01 am #

I like your module very much, but on my frontpage it shows no pictures. On the frontpage there is an article, containing an google map and a photo-slideshow running on banner2.
    How can i get this module to show the pictures?

Regards,

Conny Roukens

12. Oliver
    October 23, 2011 at 4:16 pm #

Where is the download link!? I’m just going round and round in circles!!

13. marcel
    November 13, 2011 at 10:35 am #

comment faire un lien hypertexte à chaque images

cordialement
    marcel

14. marcel
    November 14, 2011 at 7:53 pm #

how to make a hyperlink to each image

marcel

15. Phil
    November 18, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

I do not undersatnd in which order the images appear. It is not alphabetical, then what is it. I would like to sort them.
    Phil

16. adam
    November 28, 2011 at 6:19 pm #

Anyone help…

I need to know the file path to the default.php

I can not locate it in the mod folder…..

thanks for your help…

17. khanh
    December 8, 2011 at 8:43 am #

Hi! I love this. Any chance of you adding a slider like the WP iframe images gallery in the next update, if you do plan to update? It would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

18. Amir
    December 30, 2011 at 2:06 am #

What you sort? this
    I do not undersatnd in which order the images appear

19. Sergio
    February 3, 2012 at 7:16 pm #

Hello! Thank you for the good work. I am loading the module inside an article using loadposition and no matter what I do it aligns on the left side. Do you have any suggestion, maybe some code change?

20. pappy
    February 6, 2012 at 8:52 am #

how to make a hyperlink to each image of Horizontal scrolling slideshow.

21. Giuseppe
    February 12, 2012 at 7:53 pm #

I installed Horizontal scrolling slideshow but now I see, at the bottom of my local site, the horizontal scroll bar.
    WHY??? :(

Giuseppe

22. Giuseppe
    February 12, 2012 at 8:03 pm #

The position is breadcrumb

23. Giuseppe
    February 12, 2012 at 9:02 pm #

with 66 photos works fine, without scroll bar.
    with 67 and others photos appear scroll bar :(

24. mario
    February 16, 2012 at 4:08 pm #

Why everyone avoid to give an explanation on how do we make a hyperlink to each image? This question is asked even in Spanish.

25. pixillo
    February 24, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

Great tool! But how can i set a hyperlink to each photo?

26. Hfquei
    February 28, 2012 at 9:52 am #

It seems like there’s no response on how to add links to each image. I point out that people have been asking this for months but there’s no answer. Initially it seems like a very promising extension, but it turned into disappointment.

27. edwin
    March 13, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

how do I link each picture? on top it says
    Hyperlink option to each images.
    how do I do that? there is only one field for one link in the admin secction

28. cat
    March 19, 2012 at 7:10 pm #

I am actually happy to glance at this webpage posts which carries tons of useful data, thanks for providing these statistics.

29. dogs
    March 19, 2012 at 10:28 pm #

Your method of explaining all in this post is really fastidious, all be able to easily be aware of it, Thanks a lot.

30. buy neurontin online
    March 26, 2012 at 9:21 am #

Excellent submit and straight on the point. I’m not convinced if this really is basically the best place to ask but do you people have any ideas on where to employ some professional writers? Thank you in advance

31. knut
    March 28, 2012 at 10:00 am #

That’s exactly what I was looking for.

But there are a few small problems.
    It would be nice if for each image a link can be specified.

Furthermore, in FF the scrolling increase.
    In IE there is a gap between the images.

How can I change it?

32. womens silver tab jeans
    April 12, 2012 at 1:41 pm #

I’m really curious as to wherever this author realized to publish. This writing is incredibly remarkable and gripping. I hope this writer post much more informative articles a great deal like this one. They may be utterly fantastic.

33. Branko
    April 17, 2012 at 11:25 am #

Hi, great work.
    I am interested if there is a way to edit code of the module so it would slide images only once and when last one shows up, they all stay static – they wouldn’t scroll any more?

34. karl richardson
    April 18, 2012 at 9:47 am #

I like the module, but how can I centre it on a page. At the moment it’s left justified.

35. Hell
    May 6, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

Nice module, but the hyperlink doesn’t work, even the default one.. it simply adds a # to the url.

Using Joomla 2.5.4

36. mantel
    August 22, 2012 at 7:37 pm #

it is an amazing extension but i wonder if it is possible to set a background for each picture (the background is bigger than the picture and is for all of them the same it is a frame thank you

37. xarisk
    September 11, 2012 at 6:59 am #

ok if you want every image have a www link then you must do some changes to default.php…
    in line 36 add this
    $Ihrss_link = array (“site1″,”site2″,”site3″,”site4″);

and then in line 46 add this
    $Ihrss_package = $Ihrss_package .”IHRSS_SLIDESRARRAY[$Ihrss_count]=’‘; “;

it works fine now…i am still looking for blank page i will find it :)

38. xarisk
    September 11, 2012 at 7:06 am #

yes i find it. in line 46 add
    $Ihrss_package = $Ihrss_package .”IHRSS_SLIDESRARRAY[$Ihrss_count]=’‘; “;

and every click opens new window :)

39. neaster
    October 29, 2012 at 9:57 am #

nice and smart Module, but the Gap feature does not work anyway:

Firefox 16.0.2 – NOT WORKING
    Internet Explorer 9.0.10 64 bit – NOT WORKING

Joomla 2.5.6

please help me :)

40. Knut
    October 30, 2012 at 10:11 am #

Is there a way to get a different link to each image?

41. Knut
    October 30, 2012 at 1:54 pm #

Here the code for link each image:

I do an overwrite: templates\template\html\mod_horizontal_scrolling_slideshow\default.php

In this file I added some code:

$path_parts = pathinfo($Ihrss_path);

$Ihrss_link = $path_parts[‘dirname’].”/big/”.$path_parts[‘basename’];

This code links each image to an bigger image in the folder big.
    The picture name is the same as the picture in the slideshow.

I added a class=”modal” to the links for open the Joomla lightbox. But it don’t work.
    Can somebody help me fix this?

• Leandro
      May 21, 2013 at 8:34 pm #

I made it, i chance line 49 to:
      Ihrss_package = $Ihrss_package .”IHRSS_SLIDESRARRAY[$Ihrss_count]=’‘; “;

html set ” ” on the class name and work to me.

• Leandro Falcão
        May 21, 2013 at 8:42 pm #

‘; “;

now complete, i am using fancybox plugin.

42. roberto
    November 12, 2012 at 11:40 am #

Hello and thanks for the module.
    My question is if you can put the bottom of the module almost transparent.

Thanks and regards.

43. aiden
    November 28, 2012 at 2:59 am #

Thanks for share the module! It´s perfect. thank you very much!!!

44. mao
    May 8, 2013 at 6:12 pm #

Is this module abandoned? Love it, it’s the closest thing to what I was looking for, but the images are being cut off/shifted and I don’t see any way to link images…

45. George
    May 8, 2013 at 8:07 pm #

Is it possible to adjust the module to have auto width? manually changing the width every time i add or remove some photos is inefficient and time consuming

46. Andres
    June 20, 2013 at 6:55 pm #

Really nice module, only has a large scroll 1000px error, excellent work, thanks for sharing.