Image horizontal reel scroll slideshow plugin lets you showcase images in a horizontal scroll style. Scroll will start automatically. Slideshow will pause on mouse over. see the demo in this post, In admin we have option to customize the slideshow.
Features of this plugin
- Easy to customize.
- Support all browser.
- Automatically pauses on mouse over.
- Hyperlink option to each images.
- Option to set spacing between images.
- Easy to change the background color of scroll.
See the live demo above. if you want to scroll the images vertically use my vertical scrolling images joomla module.
Module installation instruction
- Download the module from download location.
- Log into the administrator section of your site.
- Go to Extensions ==> Manage ==> Install menu.
- Click browse button and select the downloaded zip file.
- Click Upload & install button to upload the module.
Module configuration/Creating a new module instance
In your Joomla admin go to the modules (Extensions ==> Modules in your admin menu). You should see the module Horizontal scrolling slideshow listed among the others. Simply click on the module name to open the module editor.
If you cannot find an instance of your new module, click the New button. The new module should be listed among the types available, select Horizontal scrolling slideshow which will create a new instance.
Set up the module parameters
- Image type: Type of image PNG/GIF/JPG etc. (the default is JPG)
- Image folder: Path to the image folder relative to the site URL.
- Link: A URL to redirect to if the image is clicked upon. (e.g. http://www.gopiplus.com)
- Width: Enter the width of the slideshow. (e.g. 200)
- Height: Enter the height of the slideshow. (e.g. 150)
- Slideshow speed: Enter the slideshow speed. (larger is faster 1-10)
- Slideshow BG color: Enter the BG color of your scroll. (e.g. #FFFFFF)
- Slideshow gap: Enter pixels gap between each slideshow images. (e.g. 5)
- Title: It is essential to set a title for the module.
- Position: The position on the page where the module will be displayed.
- Status: The module needs to be published in order for it to display.
- Module Assignment (Joomla 3.0.x) : Navigate to Menu Assignment menu and select On all Pages for Module Assignment box.
Module admin screen
Joomla 3.6.x : Navigate to Extensions ==> Modules and select the module from the list. check below screen.