Superb slideshow joomla module

Superb slideshow joomla module is a strong, cross browser fade in slideshow script that incorporates some of your most requested features all rolled into one. Each instance of a fade in slideshow on the page is completely independent of the other, with support for different features selectively enabled for each slideshow.

Live Demo available on the sidebar. Do you want scrolling slideshow? use my vertical scrolling images module and horizontal scrolling slideshow module.

• Fade in effect that has the current image fading over the previous one.
  • Automatic slideshow.
  • Slideshow can be set to stop rotating after N cycles.
  • Each slide can be optionally hyper-linked.
  • Each slide can have an optional description associated with it.
  • Descriptions can either be set to show on demand or be always visible until explicitly dismissed.
  • Joomla cache option available.
  • Slideshow automatically pauses on mouse over.

Installation and configuration

• Download the module from the download location.
  • Log into the Administrator section of your site.
  • Go to Extensions ==> Extension Manager.
  • Browse and upload the available ZIP file.
  • Install module by pressing Upload & Install button.

Creating a new module instance

In your Joomla admin go to the module manager (Extensions ==> Module Manager in your admin menu). You should see the module superb slideshow listed among the others. Simply click on the module name to open the module editor.

If you cannot find an instance of your new module, click the new button. The new superb slideshow module should be listed among the types available, select superb slideshow which will create a new instance.

Module parameters

Image type: Type of image PNG/GIF/JPG etc. (the default is JPG).
Image folder: Path to the image folder relative to the site URL.
Image link: A URL to redirect to if the image is clicked upon.
Slideshow width: Width of gallery in pixels. Should reflect dimensions of largest image.
Slideshow height: Height of gallery in pixels. Should reflect dimensions of largest image.
Random: Display images in random order, Every time it display different order.
Pause: Pause time between images.
Fade duration: Fade transition duration (milliseconds).
Cycle: Number of cycles before the slideshow stops in automatic mode.
Description panel: This option dictates the style of the description panel.
Unique id: This is used to display more then 1 slide in the same page.
Cache: Remember last viewed slide and recall within same session?

Joomla parameters

Title: It is essential to set a title for the module.
Position: The position on the page where the module will be displayed.
Status: The module needs to be published in order for it to display.
Module Assignment : Assign the module to all pages.

Module admin screen (Joomla 1.5.x to Joomla 2.5.x)

Superb slideshow joomla module

Module admin screen (Joomla 3.1.x)

Superb slideshow joomla module

JQuery Setting: This module using jQuery for cycle news, If you have JQuery include in other module, and you don’t want to double include, choose NO in this option.

Q1) How to arrange the width & height of the slideshow?

Go to Module manager ==> Superb slideshow ==> Module parameters , in this area you can find the option to update slide delay.

Q2) How to change the slide fade duration, pause, cycles?

Download link

35 Responses to“Superb slideshow joomla module”

1. Luca Mazzo
    August 25, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

I just installed the Superb slideshow Mod but I do not have any place where to put infos about pictures/folder/hyperlink.
    On the other side I have a field you don’t mention that says:”Enter Name of the XML file”. I suppose this is a file with reference to all of that but where is it (or do you have an example to give me please) ?
    Thanks a lot
    Luca

2. issues
    August 27, 2011 at 9:37 am #

always random, does not put images in order, i have them named slide_1.jpg slide_2.jpg etc, also the decsription panel is always available, even when chossen “none” on hover its still poping up. any ideas? 4 fresh joomla1.7 installs, nothing else installed, not even a template and i get the same thing.

3. steph
    September 1, 2011 at 7:11 am #

Hello, just to say I had to do a little trick to make it work with ie8, putting the line:
    if ( $sbs_package != “” ) $sbs_package = substr($sbs_package, 0, strlen($sbs_package)-1);

above the foreach loop in tmpl/default.php.
    By the way thanks a lot for this module!

• steph
      September 2, 2011 at 9:08 am #

sorry, the line must be under the loop, in fact

• Bassem
      May 13, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

Thanks steph,

works as a charm

4. heney
    September 6, 2011 at 12:59 pm #

Having same problem, could you please be a little more specific on placement – that code section here? THANK YOU!

• steph
      September 14, 2011 at 2:42 pm #

sorry, I don’t come here very often.
      to place the line, you have to unzip the module, open the file “default.php” located in the folder tmpl of the module and put the code above that:

?>

var sswldgallery=….

(line 51 for me)

• Nicole
        January 25, 2012 at 6:20 pm #

Thanks so much for this!!! You just saved me tons of work.

5. Paul
    September 6, 2011 at 2:21 pm #

Great module. I’ve just installed it without any problem.
    Some suggestions:
    * Make the URL target a parameter. I now had to hack the tmpl file to change the target from _self to _blank
    * Make it possible to use different URL for different images, perhaps by using a XML file in the image folder?

I don’t have IE8 anymore. I’m at IE9 so I don’t know if I should apply the change steph suggested in September 1.
    On IE9 I don’t have any problems.

6. Boris
    September 9, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

Hi … The install was easy and in essence the module works fine accept I’ve been trying to add/change images and the image names.

The images are always random and I cannot add any additional info … as mentioned above: hyperlinks and additional text for example. I cannot remove the ‘image link’ option or add a different link to a new image. And I cannot add image types or strings of image types.

Any ideas?

September 17, 2013 at 2:26 pm #

Hi Boris, Please try the updated version. Updated version support all the image type. If you dont have link, please enter “#” in the link box.

7. Stef
    September 22, 2011 at 11:20 am #

Module admin screen:
    Hello, I did not found the basic option, sorry.

Can you help me please?

8. Flex
    October 18, 2011 at 9:06 pm #

I’ve installed the Joomla 1.7 module, but the module isn’t filled with the images from the folder. I’ve looked with firebug, but the remains empty.

Any ideas?

9. Lawrence
    November 18, 2011 at 2:50 pm #

i had use superb slideshow,
    but i found that in IE sometimes it not working well.
    it generate script error

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Timestamp: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:04:38 UTC

Message: ‘sswld_imagearray[...].0′ is null or not an object
    Line: 28
    Char: 3
    Code: 0
    URI: http://www.funny-u.com.my/modules/mod_superb_slideshow/tmpl/inc/superb-slideshow.js

if you can follow up on this and have solutions for this,
    please let me know !~

10. free download dota 2
    January 22, 2012 at 3:13 am #

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was once a enjoyment account it. Glance complicated to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we be in contact?

11. Arthur
    February 16, 2012 at 6:30 pm #

hello, can anyone share JoomForest’s JF Chrome template? it is here: http://www.joomforest.com/, please, someone share it, thank you

12. stephen Zhu
    February 19, 2012 at 4:11 am #

I installed Superb Slideshow joomla module for 1.6.

I cud see the Module on the page, but no any pictures showing. The source code of the page shows the correct links with the folder of modules/mod_superb_slideshow/images.

The problem: I cud NOT see these pixs on line, only the TITLE of the module showing.

Pls give instructions.

B.rgds,

13. pose robinet wc
    March 22, 2012 at 1:15 am #

Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for information approximately this topic for a while and yours is the best I have found out till now. But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you positive concerning the supply?

14. Minato
    May 11, 2012 at 11:51 am #

Hello, I don’t know why, but I often get an error that prevents the slideshow from functionning correctly (It hangs at the black background with the loading sign). The error sometimes disappears if I clear my navigator’s cache, but it’s very annoying in any case. Before I rate your module on extension.joomla.org, can you please tell me how to correct it so I can give it 5 stars ?

The JS error is the following :
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘complete’ of undefined in line 71 of superb-slideshow.js

It happens somewhat randomly when the “Cache” option is activated and goes away sometimes when the browser cache is cleared (the problem never appears in private browsing mode)

Also, the description panel display option ‘none’ is the same as ‘ondemand’ (so ‘none’ _doesn’t work_) so I had to change div.descpanelfg to div.descpanelfg2 on line 218 to prevent the description panel popup. Could you also correct that as well please ?

Thank you for your answer, and don’t hesitate to contact me if you need.

Minato

15. Stephanie
    June 26, 2012 at 5:59 am #

Thanks to Minato for explaining how to fix the description “none” issue. Other than that, it’s a great module that’s quick and easy to use.

16. jerryy
    September 12, 2012 at 8:20 pm #

I module works without problems. But I would like to have two of these modules on one site. That’s what I also managed to step to implement, but I both modules show the same picture, even though I have set different paths for different pictures.
    Does anyone know what to do? see link

September 17, 2013 at 2:24 pm #

In the admin we have field to set Unique Id, Please use this parameter to setup two different slideshow, meaning provide two different unique name.

17. Stephanie
    November 2, 2012 at 1:25 am #

I am also having an issue with the images always being random. Does anyone know how to fix this bug??

September 17, 2013 at 2:22 pm #

Hi, in the admin we have option to display images in random order.

18. Tak Marakis
    December 7, 2012 at 7:39 am #

I uploaded the module to joomla 2.5, but once in basic options, I don’t get an option to set number of cycles as shown in the diagram above. This being the reason why I downloaded the module in the first place. Mine look like this and end at Unique ID:
    Slideshow width
    Slideshow height
    Random
    Pause
    Transition duration
    Unique id

Is there a paid version with full functionality?

September 17, 2013 at 2:19 pm #

Hi Tak, In this website all are free modules. “Cycle” option already available in the module parameters. Please have a look again.

19. Ken
    January 26, 2013 at 6:40 pm #

Is there a way to load a few pictures first , and the rest after the whole pages is loaded?
    I use the slider with more than 200 pictures, and i takes a long time for loading… after that the rest of the page is loaded.

Ken

September 17, 2013 at 2:17 pm #

Hi Ken,

This type on option not available. But we have cache option (i.e remember last viewed slide and recall within same session.)

20. sbs
    March 8, 2013 at 3:27 pm #

My problem is that loading gif (loader image) image is not loading before first image load?
    I used this module and it is working fine but I want to load defaul loader image before any image load. any help will be appreciate. thanks
    sbs

September 17, 2013 at 2:16 pm #

Previously we have problem on GIF image loading, now i have fixed all the issue. please try updated version.

21. web-eau.net
    May 14, 2013 at 10:55 am #

Thx for this nice sideshow who do the job !

I want to add a title tag on the sideshow : title=”title of the sideshow”

Please, let me know how to do this.

Best regards.

September 17, 2013 at 2:15 pm #

In default, this module automatically convert image name to title and display in the sideshow box.

22. Linda Jimerson
    June 18, 2013 at 3:44 am #

Hello – I downloaded your slideshow module to integrate in my Joomla 3.0 website. I’ve used other slideshows in earlier Joomla releases.

When I installed it, I expected it to find the photos in my http://www.atusoftware/ images/slideshow folder. However, I got the error message:

No directory \home\atusoftw\public_html\images\slideshow
    NO IMAGES /images/slideshow

Why is it looking at the absolute url? Any suggestions/advise you can provide would be great. I’m in awe and appreciate your support. Thanks very much. Linda Jimerson

23. Lorenzo Prodon
    June 20, 2013 at 10:16 am #

Hi, i have the same problem of Linda:

No directory \var\www\folder\modules\mod_superb_transition_slideshow\images
    NO IMAGES modules/mod_superb_transition_slideshow/images

How can i resolve?

September 17, 2013 at 2:13 pm #

Please use updated version, in this new version you can find the full directory location.